TGbow 10-Nov-17
Thumper 10-Nov-17
Shuteye 10-Nov-17
BIG BEAR 10-Nov-17
DL 10-Nov-17
TGbow 10-Nov-17
09-Nov-17

DL's Link
People wonder why cops shoot people. When a cop gives an order follow it. This cop was probably following proper procedure.

09-Nov-17

DL's Link
People wonder why cops shoot people. When a cop gives an order follow it. This cop was probably following proper procedure.

09-Nov-17
Hind sight is always 20/20. Should have tazed him in the back before the suspect turned around.

09-Nov-17
Why didn't he have his weapon out in a situation like that? The tazer would be ok in certain situations but not this one. I bet the thug got his gun legally too. I doubt it.

09-Nov-17
Oh man, so sorry to see stuff like that. This needs to be a front page story on every newspaper showing what these cops go through.

This illustrates so well how these cops are working with one hand tied behind their back. Most folks don't understand reaction time....these officers are putting themselves in harms way every day...and you never know who the bad guys are.

Taser with that puffy jacket....probably about 30% it even does anything.

09-Nov-17
That's hard to watch. I'm curious what Big Bear would say about how to handle this.

We also do not know why the officer was called, which may affect some of this as well.

09-Nov-17
The shooter was trying to steal groceries from customers at a store. The officer lived.

09-Nov-17
This video is at least a few months old....They showed it in briefing awhile back... I think everyone in the room agreed the Officer should have had his gun out and not his taser.... It's tough to watch for sure....

09-Nov-17
That's what I thought, too. If after repeated clear requests, he wasn't showing his right hand, and continuing to walk away, it's not for a good reason. I've done the FBI video where the guy is a loud, obnoxious type that continues to resist the command to stop, until he draws a weapon and shoots you.

Shot 4x. That'll be a tough recovery under the best of circumstances.

09-Nov-17
I drove an 18 wheeler for 22 yrs. In that time I encountered some bad officers that should not be wearing a badge...but VERY FEW. Just like I encounters truckers that should not be behind the wheel. The vast majority of law enforcement officers are out there just trying to do their job and go home to their families safely. It really ticks me off how the media zeros in cops in a negative manner.

This thug in the video should be put in prison for life But, some panty waste judge will probably slap him on the hand and he will be back out on the street in a year. I dont remember seeing this aired 24 7 on CNN and the major networks. I pray this officer is ok.

09-Nov-17
Here's the onsite video: (skip it if you've already watched it)

And here's a video of the trial for this case against Malcolm Orr: (you can scroll down below it for the results)

Malcolm Orr was found guilty of attempted murder, with malice. He was sentenced to 30 years for the attempted murder charge, and 5 more for using a firearm to commit a violent crime, to be served consecutively. So he could get out in about 20 or so.

He should've got life without the possibility of parole.

09-Nov-17
"He should've got life without the possibility of parole."

He should've got life without the probability of execution.

09-Nov-17
Big tall tree and a short piece of rope.

10-Nov-17
Woods Walker, sadly the criminals have more rights than the victims in this day and age.

Common sense is a thing of the past thanks to the politically correct craze.

10-Nov-17
And Malcolm Orr is the poster child for the NFL's protesting.

10-Nov-17
I saw a video, on Fox, of a guy that was going to cause some problems for the cops. They shot him at close range with a rubber bullet. I have never seen anyone go down faster. It must have hurt like crazy but it was very effective. There were other cops with real bullets that they didn't have to use. That looked a lot better than taser.

10-Nov-17
We have less than lethal shotguns available Lex.... They shoot a sort of bean bag round. They are carried in the trunks of our Sgts cars. Less than lethal weapons have limited use because we don't carry them on our person.... so you have to know in advance that you might need one. I recall one of our officers shooting a female with one that was holed up in a bathroom with a butcher knife... the bean bag round did its job and everyone lived to tell about it.....

10-Nov-17
I saw one on the cops show that they used the beanbag gun. It was a high speed chase with a car full of kids. They ordered them out of the car and they were all on the ground. Cops were still at a distance when one guy stood up and said they can’t catch all of us others started getting up. Cops were yelling and the first kid starts moving away. They shot him in the chest or stomach. He screamed and dropped. All the others hit the deck right now. No more problems.

10-Nov-17
The general public don't realize the potential danger an officer is in the moment he/she enters a domestic situation.

There was a female officer shot months back, close to where I live,after arriving at a domestic scene. Last I heard she was holding still holding on. Think about aproaching a vehicle not knowing who the subject is or what the potential danger maybe. It would make me nervous I can tell you that. I'm totally against bad shootings involving officers but most of the time when the dust settles and we learn the whole story, that the media fails to report, we learn the officer was justified. The incident in Ferguson is a prime example. Before we even had the facts, Obummer sent his thug Eric Holder to Ferguson. Instead of getting on tv and calling for the public to hold judgement until the case can be investigated...he assumes it's a racist shooting. Later we find out the truth.

• Sitka Gear