bad karma 10-Nov-17
Whitey 10-Nov-17
Annony Mouse 10-Nov-17
Sixby 11-Nov-17
09-Nov-17

Shuteye's Link

09-Nov-17
Well, maybe ....

The biggest impact is reducing elk, deer, pronghorn, and Bighorn populations in and near the park.

09-Nov-17
Or they could have changed the law and allowed hunting to accomplish the same thing. But no let’s spend millions of taxpayer dollars to bring back an apex predator that won’t stay in the park.

That was a funny looking deer.

09-Nov-17
Pure Poppycock!

10-Nov-17
Horse Manure!!

10-Nov-17
Total bullshit, and the USFWS has spent over a Billion of out tax dollars to accomplish what hunters and trappers could have at zero costs. Total FUBAR!

10-Nov-17
I agree they should have allowed some hunting out there. One thing that hurt hunters was the largest bull elk in the park was shot by a bow hunter, illegally. The elk was tame and people came from all over the states to get pictures of him. The majority of the money coming into the park is from visitors wanting to see the huge bears and especially their cubs.

10-Nov-17
Just goes to show a well constructed lie is still just a lie.

10-Nov-17
Aw come on guys that video is so warm and fuzzy and makes them feel good. It has to be true...doesn't it...

10-Nov-17

10-Nov-17
After watching the video I think they have found the way to end global warming. Just release wolves in a few more places and they could save the planet.

Terry

10-Nov-17
That video was immediately debunked, but to the environmental left, feelings matter much more than facts.

10-Nov-17
The park has become an island surrounded by people. Seeing the wolves in the park was great. We looked for them for a week and they were the last check mark on the kids list. I will never forget my 11 year old daughter jumping up and down yelling wolf! Wolf! When she saw the cross the Firehole river. They are more fun to watch that obese hunters riding ATV’s.

10-Nov-17

Annony Mouse's Link
That video has been around for a while. The editorial view is obviously visible. There may be a few kernels of truth contained, but one really has to study and visit the parks to get a feel for them. I've been fortunate to have had some expert guiding from a very knowledgeable source.

My son-in-law owns and operates one of the top tour businesses running out of Jackson (Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris). He runs tours into both national parks...Teton and Jackson. Jason and his staff have studied not only fauna, but flora and geology of the parks to provide the best park experience someone not familiar with the area can get.

Far far more people view the parks and wildlife via the roads than camp and hike. We've been fortunate to tour both parks numerous times with Jason and Carrie and often see much more wildlife than many visitors. My two granddaughters are some of the best critter spotters ever!

Some observations from spending time with Jason and his guides may be a little surprising.

The presence of apex predators like the wolves and male grizzlies has modified behavior of much of the prey population...they recognize the security provided by human presence. Elk, moose, bison can easily and often be seen from the public roads for the simple fact that human presence (the cars!) keep wolves and male grizzlies away from newborn. Jason has said that it is not a rare occurrence to see births occurring where visible from the roadways. Sow bears are often seen with cubs from this viewpoint. Thus, one can give thanks to predators for making wildlife viewing a positive experience for those that tour by roads ;o)

These animals get pretty used to human presence, so viewing and photographing opportunities are plenty. Still, they are not tame nor to be approached. From a safe distance, it is both educational and entertaining to watch them. Too many tourists don't seem to understand the concept of "distance".

Carrie and Jason get winter passes and snowmobile into the parks during winter to seek out an photograph wolves. During tourist season, it is rare to see them other than from the less traveled roads in the parks. To really see them, one must get out and actually walk!

During peak season, traffic is heavy and when animals are especially close to the road (or crossing it), a "jam" occurs where those in viewing distance just stop and traffic will back up till cars begin to move on. (The guides keep each other--even between competing companies--aware of "bear jams", "bison jams", etc. LOL)

Have to hand it to the rangers. When a bear is spotted, they get to the location pronto to make sure that visitors keep a safe distance away...and will even close down a road if necessary.

While out there the past couple of years, I find it amazing how many foreigners come to see the Tetons and Yellowstone...especially the Chinese. We took a hike up the mountains to Phelps Lake and had lunch at a very scenic site. Sitting there, conversations in Chinese, Japanese, French and German were heard from other people enjoying the view.

When it comes to wildlife and visitor conflict, it seems that the Chinese are in the forefront. Too often we would see them try to approach a large bull bison or bull moose to get a picture (and theirs taken by family/friends) and get far too close.

We, as hunters, can also help create bad images. I heard numerous stories about hunters seeking easy kills during the fall elk cull. Far too many of us hunt the edges of the parks in hopes of killing a trophy that exits the protected park area during the fall mating season rather than actually hunting the truly non-park areas.

(Kind of galls me personally as I passed on an easy 5' shot on three nice bucks opening day as they were on the wrong side of the fence on my property. Could have taken one and dragged it onto my land...but I am far too ethically constricted.)

The Tetons and Yellowstone are simply awesome and we are privileged to have these parks to enjoy. Looking forward to next summer's trip and when my wife retires in a little over a year, we're going to relocate out there.

11-Nov-17
Last year we spent a couple of days in the park and saw fewer animals by far than on any previous trip. This vidio is absolutely divorced from reality. We did see some bison., No elk, No moose, No beavers, Nothing but a couple of bison when we have seen hundreds of animals on every previous visit. God bless, Steve

• Sitka Gear