JL 19-Nov-17
bad karma 20-Nov-17
Hunting5555 20-Nov-17
MT in MO 20-Nov-17
Whitey 20-Nov-17
Whitey 20-Nov-17
MT in MO 20-Nov-17
17-Nov-17
This is so crazy fast that’s unbelievable. There’s no car made commercially that will do this. This would make your eyeballs in the head rest.

Tesla on Thursday night unveiled its electric semi truck, but the massive new vehicle was overshadowed by what it was hauling inside. Less Tesla on Thursday night unveiled its electric semi truck, but the massive new vehicle was overshadowed by what it was hauling inside.

When the truck’s tailgate came down, out rolled a new and previously unannounced Tesla Roadster, which CEO Elon Musk called the fastest production car in the world.

I still like the sound of the old muscle car dinosaurs. Listening to 3,2s or 2, 4 barrel carbs kick in still gives me goose bumps.

The base model will go from zero to 60 mph in 1.9 seconds, making it the first to hit that mark in under 2 seconds, and will go from zero to 100 mph in 4.2 seconds, making it the fastest in that category as well, Musk said.

The four-seat convertible will do the quarter-mile in 8.9 seconds, another record for a production car.

Musk didn’t give the top speed, but said it would be above 250 mph. The 200 kilowatt-hour battery pack would give it a range of 620 miles on a single charge, he said.

17-Nov-17
More liberal heads explode....

17-Nov-17
"another record for a production car" that I am sure anyone can afford. Or maybe not.

17-Nov-17
All these wonderful new "production" models, but Tesla cannot manufacture it's other production models in a timely manner. Might be a better business model to fix known problems than distracting the public that has paid for it's existence with another magical shiny distraction.

17-Nov-17
You ever hear of Brittany Force? She drives her car to 326 MPH in less than 4 seconds. Now that's fast. Her sister ain't no slouch either. Just think her car is only 10,000 horse power.

17-Nov-17
Doc is correct. Take away the government teat and tesla is gone in 20 seconds.

17-Nov-17
Liberal heads are actually praising Musks electric cars. But good attempt gflight.

17-Nov-17
Are you telling us the TRUTH, atheist, the LIAR? 8^)))

17-Nov-17
https://www.google.com/amp/s/electrek.co/2016/11/25/tesla-subsidies-big-three-oil-industry/amp/

Glad you brought up subsidies.

17-Nov-17
AND the Obho admin says you can get a $7500 tax credit to buy it!!!! WHY!!!

17-Nov-17
I don't know if I can handle it anymore, DL. I grew up drag racing....making a scene on the tracks as I went. But after so many owies, I don' seem to have the desire to do it anymore. But I still love watching it.

Guess I shouldn't respond when I'm whooped-ass tired from a long week's work (just to pay-off illicit phonies living in my congress)

17-Nov-17
Politics aside, at least Tesla is making hay with that gov't money, and appears to be doing what they said they would with that money. And their R&D isn't just limited to cars - I'm thinking a lot of products we all use in our daily lives in the next 10-20 years will be attributable to their research.

17-Nov-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
This is like having google earth in a 11x17” screen. This is in my sons car. I’d love that in any hunting rig. If you have an animal down just put in the Lat and Lon. Then see if there’s a road close to it.

17-Nov-17

DL's Link

18-Nov-17
I wish tesla would make an electric NASCAR. Gentlemen start your engines. I said star your engine.

18-Nov-17
Nope. Pull out a bunch of plug-in module batteries and replace them with charged ones. It could work.

That thing would be an absolute hoot to drive.

19-Nov-17
We already have sub 9sec. Challengers......electric is for weenies!

19-Nov-17
Fiskers just announced new battery technology that if it’s real will render Tesla obsolete overnight. 500 mile range with a 1 minute charge time.

19-Nov-17

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Anyone ever seen this car before?

20-Nov-17
500 mile range with 1 minute charge time? I'll need to see this, as that's a lot of power to throw into batteries very quickly. Let's see the distribution system to deliver it, too.

20-Nov-17
So do you really wanna wrap that thing around a tree with all those batteries....... I think I'll pass.....

20-Nov-17
I avoid trees when driving. Makes getting to my destination that much easier...8^)

20-Nov-17

Whitey's Link
Here is the article on the Fisker bat

20-Nov-17

Whitey's Link
http://www.pcmag.com/news/357356/fisker-battery-promises-500-mile-ev-range-1-minute-charging

20-Nov-17
Wasn't Fisker that other Obama boondoggle that was supposed to build electric cars, but they ended up building them in Denmark or something and then went broke? Or maybe they just took our money...I see they are owned by some Chinese conglomerate now. 5 years before they can mass produce these magic batteries...A lot can happen in 5 years...8^)

• Sitka Gear