Joey Ward 22-Nov-17
jdee 22-Nov-17
BIG BEAR 22-Nov-17
Bowfreak 22-Nov-17
Brotsky 22-Nov-17
BIG BEAR 22-Nov-17
21-Nov-17

HA/KS's Link
"A 74-year-old basketball fan was booted from a community college booster club after he confronted an athlete who was shooting hoops during the national anthem."

"While the rest of the team was inside the locker room, a player - Rasool Samir - came onto the court and began shooting hoops during the national anthem."

21-Nov-17
It's too bad that player didn't become the first basketball player to start a game with a basketball lodged in his lower GI tract.

21-Nov-17
That's it...... boycott all college basketball games...... good for him !!!

21-Nov-17
Great way to treat a man who supported the school for many years. I'd be right next to gramps. Mad Dog

22-Nov-17
After the National Anthem was over, I wolud've left the game, with the 74 year old. I would have also offered to buy him supper. I can't believe how some of these athletes, ( CAN"T READ OR WRITE), have shown the disrespect, towards this Great Nation, and some a$$ wipes, think that there is nothing wrong with the athletes, doing so. I hope PRO baseball, NFL, and the NBA, all go broke, and go belly up. I like to watch college football, but if a player kneels during the National Anthem, i will never watch that team again. When i feel that too many teams, in college, that are kneeling, i will boycott college, also.

22-Nov-17
If I was the coach I would give him the opportunity for a public apology or to lose his spot on the team. If I was the AD of that college I would give the coach the option to see this through or find another job.

22-Nov-17
The players don't have the right to express their political views on the job.... nor does your waitress....... It is the employers fault for allowing it to happen.... College kids would be doing the same thing if they were allowed to....... High school students would follow suit if they were allowed to...... So this happened in College basketball...... do you boycott that too Hackbow ??

22-Nov-17
In College football.... 5 New Mexico players took a knee during the anthem against Air Force....... So you guys all had better not be watching College football either....If you are going to be true to your boycott..... It is happening in high school football and I even saw a team of 8 year olds in Illinois that took a knee during the anthem before their football game..... So what do you do ?? Boycott everything ?? How about ignore it...... This too shall pass....

22-Nov-17
Hackbow...... If your restaurant is a Cracker Barrel........ Should I boycott Cracker Barrel's all across the country ?? Should I hold them all accountable for the actions of your waitress and her employer (you)......???

22-Nov-17
I can see your point but what did it accomplish other than you don't get to eat Cracker Barrel any more.....

22-Nov-17
And now..... because everyone is making such a fuss over it.... a waitress from Applebee's,,, Ruby Tuesday and the Red Lobster has done the same thing..... so I boycott them too..... and guess what.... waitresses from Logans Steakhouse have done the same thing..... sheesh.... I can't go anywhere !!!

22-Nov-17
Or I could ignore when someone calls me a pig like I've done for 24 years....... tough choice... Maybe we can just get a different waitress.....

22-Nov-17
I refuse to eat at the Cracker Barrel because of the racist reference. I hear they are considering changing the name to the Caucasian Barrel.

I just hope the food stays the same.

22-Nov-17
Big Bear are you a cop ? In about 1988 my brother called a cop a pig as we were leaving a bar and that cop had him on his butt cuffed and stuffed in about 2 seconds and guess what that was the last time he ever called a cop a pig. My brother was charged with disorderly conduct over it. All you guys that side with that Muslim kid in Kansas are part of the problem we have today. Pretty soon the Nation Anthem will be banned from public just like the California NAACP is wanting it to be.

22-Nov-17
Yes.... I've been a Police Officer in a suburb that borders Detroit for 24 years. I was in the U.S. Navy for 7 years before that..... Things are a lot different than they were in 1988...... A Police Officer today would probably lose his job for arresting someone just for calling him a pig......

22-Nov-17
A college football player is not an employee. But either way....the person providing your education or your income can and does lay down ground rules as to what is appropriate behavior. My employer has plenty of rules like this as does everyone else who has ever had a job. If I want to work here, I follow their rules. End of story...period.

Actions have consequences in the real world still.

22-Nov-17
"A college football player is not an employee."

Only in the SEC. Ha!

22-Nov-17
Hackbow... I'm not giving you any backlash at all for not watching the NFL..... I totally understand and accept your point of view and your decision.....

• Sitka Gear