Pig Doc 24-Nov-17
Rocky 24-Nov-17
Pig Doc 24-Nov-17
Pig Doc 27-Nov-17
Pig Doc 03-Dec-17
22-Nov-17

Shuteye's Link

22-Nov-17
Jumped in his car, went and got gas, then waited on the payday. Yes I am pessimistic.....

22-Nov-17
Great story for Thanksgiving time Shuteye!

What a rotten attitude on life gflight. Must suck to be you.

22-Nov-17
Too many news shows around here with the homeless jumping in late model vehicles and going home after their "workday".

Doesn't suck at all to be me, you go ahead and give some money to his gofundme if you feel I accused him fraudulently.....

Happy Thanksgiving!

22-Nov-17
He used someone else's money he bummed, to buy her gas and where did he get the can? They are probably splitting the money....

23-Nov-17
"Doesn't suck at all to be me, you go ahead and give some money to his gofundme if you feel I accused him fraudulently....."

You accused him with no facts, just a really rotten opinion. I guess we know who you are. The guy is a Marine Corps veteran and ex-fire fighter that fell on hard times. I just made a donation to his gofundme account. It's currently over $191K. Hope he has the best Thanksgiving of his life.

23-Nov-17
Mustered out of the Marines and fired as a paramedic. Lost his VA paperwork and id? Too many veteran groups out there to assist. Still sounds hokey to me....

23-Nov-17
I see you are just full of the spirit of Thanksgiving. Pathetic.

23-Nov-17
Pathetic realist...

23-Nov-17
You have shown your true colors. The guy does a good deed and all you can do is take shots at him. Just got a message from gofundme, which is now over $234K. Johnny has asked for donations to stop and is going to give some of the money to a charity of his choice. If I had and attitude like yours I could not look in the mirror.

23-Nov-17
I'm with you Doc. It's the intent of the givers heart that counts. I'd rather give to 10 people who used it for the wrong reason than miss the one that truly needed it. Happy Thanksgiving bowsiters!

23-Nov-17
I have no problems looking in the mirror. As far as these profession bums that fight for there corner and won't go do work for you when offered. Just call me "Scrooge"

23-Nov-17

gflight's Link
Here is another in Philadelphia you guys can fawn over...

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/11/15/lost-check-returned/

23-Nov-17
Like that guy has anything to do with the OP. Every time you post you look like more of a heartless fool. Keep it coming. It confirms my earlier opinions of your lack of character.

23-Nov-17
Here I am giving you more cases to feel good about. Yet you want to do personal attacks. You must be projecting the lack of character thing....

23-Nov-17
No attacks, just observations. It doesn't take much to see what you are made of. Johnny's gofundme is now over $235K and he, unlike you, knows what the word compassion means.

24-Nov-17
Jealousy

24-Nov-17
Almost $300K now. The homeless guy may now have a net worth higher than gflight's.

That said, this to me is not about money. It's about what's in your heart. My daughter is the same age as Kate, the young lady that was helped by Johnny the homeless guy. In Johnny's heart was the desire to help someone in need. I would hope that if my daughter is ever in need someone like Johnny is there to help her. Calling him a fraud with no information to back it up is just plain sick and heartless.

24-Nov-17
Pig, Acts of compassion and generosity do not go unrewarded, although reward, is the last thing expected in the hearts of those that give. Many who give of themselves will refuse material rewards, embarrassed and humiliated by such. "He is a good man", That simple and most powerful phrase could fill volumes of one's most envied character. You are a good man.

The Rock

24-Nov-17
Thanks Rock.

27-Nov-17
I just received this from gofundme. Over $380K has been raised for Johnny the homeless Good Samaritan. Here is how he plans to use the money:

"We've received a lot of comments and questions about what johnnys plans are for this money and how it will be used. Hopefully this will answer them while keeping his privacy and the privacy of the people he is helping also. The first thing on the list is a NEW Home which Johnny will own!! He will never have to worry about a roof over his head again!! Second will be the dream truck he's always wanted... a 1999 ford ranger (yes I'm serious). There will also be 2 trusts set up in his name, one essentially giving him the ability to collect a small "salary" each year and another retirement trust which will be wisely invested by a financial planner which he will have access to in a time frame he feels comfortable with so when the time comes he can live his retirement dream of owning a piece of land and a cabin in the country. A bank account will be set up for him with funds for every day needs that will get him through until he finds a job. And lastly, he will be donating to a few organizations and people who over the last couple of years have helped him get through this rough patch in his life. This is a well thought out plan that Johnny his lawyer and financial advisor came up with in order to give Johnny the means to acclimate back into a "normal" life and also to protect him and ensure he has a bright future. I hope this will answer all the questions we have been getting about his plans. Once again, we couldn't thank all of you enough for the kindness you have shown. Mark and I are beyond humbled and grateful that you took our little project and turned it into a world wide cause that thousands of people supported. The next update you receive will be from Johnny himself. He finally got his new computer and he is dying to thank all you personally!! You guys are amazing, keep checking in with us from time to time"

27-Nov-17
for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap

03-Dec-17

Pig Doc's Link
Cool story with a happy ending.

• Sitka Gear