Tiger eye 24-Nov-17
JL 24-Nov-17
Thumper 25-Nov-17
Woods Walker 25-Nov-17
DL 25-Nov-17
YanWalker 06-Jan-23
JudyHernandez 08-Jan-23
23-Nov-17
I was thinking about this for a while. For any of you business owners or managers out there, with the en vogue wave of women alleging sexual harassment and lawsuits, etc......will that influence your decision to hire women in the future?

23-Nov-17
I'm considering hiring ALL women, just to watch them feast on each other. ;-)

Seriously, I think most women who are comfortable in their own skin, like my wife, are appalled by this sexual harassment fad. As she said, "it makes women seem weak, insecure, and helpless."

So, no, I won't discriminate based on gender.

Matt

23-Nov-17
Good to be an old married guy. I pity you young bucks who are in the market to meet your mate. One wrong move and you're a perv.

23-Nov-17
GG, your wife is a wise lady. My wife thinks the same thing.

I think a possible side effect we might see with mixed gender businesses is a lack of cohesiveness and camaraderie. With broad definitions of what constitutes (perceived) sexual harassment, male and female coworkers may now interact with each other differently or only when they have to interact. Sides or groups will form within the company.

Whether it is admitted or not, I think over reaction to SH allegations and threats of lawsuits will drive owners and managers to knee-jerk decisions to give the appearance of taking swift action. Which circles back to the original post, will that have untended (or intended) influence in the hiring of women? Will owners and managers avoid hiring attractive females? I can see questions or decisions like those will be the new norm going forward in the minds of those in ownership or mgt.

23-Nov-17
Sadly ironic, in a world where feminism is blurring the lines of men's poor judgement, sexual harassment, and sexual assault, burkas make a little more sense.

23-Nov-17
Keith,

LOL!! Please, God, don't let it come to that. Looking at the menu, as long as we eat at home, is all some of us old geezers have left. ;-)

Matt

23-Nov-17
I think this puts any woman that has no ethics in a very powerful position to blackmail her way to the top. Perhaps when this all settles down people will take a breath and consider the consequences. I keep thinking about that deal with the LaCrosse team that was falsely accused. We need to have some way to weed this stuff out and still place workplace protections for everyone. One think I know for sure is that you cannot legislate morality. But we can make it a lot harder on abusers and especially our congressmen and senators and all gov officials. These self protection devices that congress has placed for themselves need to be removed , if necessary by executive order and now. No way should they be allowed to inside trade or molest and rape on the public dime. Also every one of them should have to abide under the effect of any law that they pass,. Such as Obama Care with penalties ect. God bless, Steve

23-Nov-17
Macy's Thanksgiving Parade had a new balloon...

24-Nov-17
I was accused of sexually harassing an employee once..... by Coach...... I was totally innocent, I have enough issues dealing with one..... why on God's earth would I want to have to deal with two? But she's the suspicious type...... was tense for a bit.....

24-Nov-17
That's a good one, Annony. LOL

24-Nov-17
In reply to Sixby,. Couple of things. A law should be drafted that if any accusation is found to be false or used as leverage either for personal gain or revenge, the penalty for the accuser needs to be 2x the penalty the accused would suffer.

Secondly the term "unwanted" Needs to be clearly defined. A woman dressed as a tramp and behaving flirtatiously, while having every right to say no, a single proposition by a man should not meet the standard. Should the man not take no for an answer is where this should all begin.

24-Nov-17
Tiger, While I was still active duty military I went to "Human Rights" training at Patrick AFB to be a HR Facilitator. What we were taught is similar to what you stated. For most situations, if you try to put the moves on or say something to a person and that person says no or stop....the offender had better cease and desist. If he/she does not stop and continues with said behavior, the line is then crossed. There are scenarios when the offended can express discomfort to an EOE or other person in the chain of command if there is fear of retribution, such as a supervisor/employee situation. I'm guessing in the civilian world it is similar.

25-Nov-17
While we're at all these new laws between the sexes there needs to be one that says its against the law for a woman to use sex to get what she wants.:)

25-Nov-17
What if on that particular day you identify as a woman even though biologically you're male? Would it still be considered sexual harassment? Or just being "bitchy"???

25-Nov-17
If a man is accused of let’s say, gropping or worse a teen, he is toast. A man is guilty forever. Even if it was totally false. A man can never restore his reputation after being falsely accused. Once your face makes the headlines that’s it. You will never see front page retractions. When I was in the 7th grade three girls decided to say that their teacher was always looking up their dresses when they were at their desks. They said he would drop a pencil and while picking it up would try to get a peak. Well it turned out they lied. In a few weeks life went on for the girls but that cloud hung over the teacher and he left at the end of the school year.

06-Jan-23
Sexual harassment is a common practice.

08-Jan-23
Some women don't mind sleeping with their boss to get a promotion. But sometimes a woman can go to court and falsely accuse her boss of harassment without getting what she wants.

• Sitka Gear