Woods Walker 05-Dec-17
BIG BEAR 05-Dec-17
Thumper 06-Dec-17
Shuteye 06-Dec-17
BIG BEAR 06-Dec-17
03-Dec-17
Jacksonville : First NFL Team Declares Bankruptcy Over Kneeling Thugs. #ma4t

03-Dec-17
I'd love it if it were true !!!! Hope so.

03-Dec-17
The NFL would financially prop up any team until they were either sold or moved. The pall cast upon the league if a team filed for bankruptcy would be self destructive to the NFL brand. Bankruptcy is not a option it is prohibited.

The Rock

03-Dec-17
wishing it were so, doesn't make it so. The NFL will be fine,

03-Dec-17
You mean like Hillery being predicted as the winner of the Presidential race right up until 9:00 PM on the night of the election?

04-Dec-17
Or like Trump promising to prosecute her.....

04-Dec-17
"what happened to the GG crap... the NFL is doing fine ... ROFLMAO !!! lets see how he spins this ...."

You got me there, JTV, it's pretty hard to spin fake news.

It is comical watching you and others take the bait on a April's fools joke that's over a year old, however. LOL!!

Matt

04-Dec-17
There's a handful of guys here on the CF who are spending a lot of time tracking the demise of the NFL....... I am certain that the TV ratings and attendance has been affected by people boycotting the NFL due to players taking a knee during the anthem. In my opinion it is a big mistake for the NFL to allow its employees to carry out their political protest on the clock..... But if any of you guys who are putting forth any type of effort to track the ratings thinks that the NFL is going to fold and close shop and go out of business... you are fooling yourself.. If they can afford to donate 100 million dollars.... they can afford to weather this storm.... maybe at some point they will lose enough money that they will begin to suspend any player making political protests while they are working.....

04-Dec-17

Gray Ghost's Link
Sept. 18, 2017

"The Jaguars have crossed the $2 billion mark in estimated valuation according to Forbes.

The publication’s annual rankings of NFL franchise values was revealed Monday and the Jaguars are 25th among the 32 teams at $2.075 billion.

Owner Shad Khan has nearly tripled his investment since he bought the Jaguars in 2012 for $770 million.

Tripled in 5 years. LMAO!!

Matt

04-Dec-17
And right now they are 8-4.....

04-Dec-17
A critical think would know the difference between a businesses value and its operational profitability. One can have zero to do with the other. Examples Tesla, Amazon, Uber

04-Dec-17
Fake news only has a footing if people are gullible enough to believe it.....and repost it!

04-Dec-17
Whitey,

I'm no accountant like you, so please explain how a football team's value can triple in 5 years without being profitable.

Matt

04-Dec-17
GG it happens for lots of reasons but in the Nfl it's a combination of supply/demand and cheap money. Public companies it's usually stock price which may or may not include the balance sheet. Uber apple amazon are not priced based on thier returns and would sell at a premium based solely on brand value and upside potential .

04-Dec-17
LOL... amusing thread.

The best part... JTV's links to DailyFlashNews.org... what a dolt.

04-Dec-17
Whitey, minor correction. A balance sheet says little about a company’s ongoing profitability (or lack thereof). That would come from an income statement (or statement of cash flows if you are measuring profitability by something like free cash flow instead of net income). But yes, a company’s value can increase even as it loses money. All depends on the market’s perception of that company’s ability to “make money” in the future.

04-Dec-17

Gray Ghost's Link
Whitey,

In 2016, the team in question had $377 million in net revenues, operating income of $59 million (EBITDA), with a debt/value ratio of 4%.

That doesn't sound like a company on the verge of bankruptcy to me. How about you?

Matt

04-Dec-17
GG accept that you don’t know everything. I never once referenced the Jags going bankrupt. Any Fukin fool could see Shuteye was trolling the critical thinkers.

04-Dec-17
Shuteye was trolling ?? I must be one of your effing fools because I could have sworn that he posted it as a fact to help prove the plight of the NFL..... Why don't you admit that a bunch of the crap posted here is fake news.....

04-Dec-17
Let’s let Shuteye answer for himself instead of the critical thinkers pretending they know everything.

04-Dec-17
Maybe you're the one acting like you know everything.... by saying that he intended to post false information just to troll critical thinkers.... ? Hmm

04-Dec-17
The first link on this thread was dated in early 2016.

That's months before anyone in the NFL 'took a knee.'

04-Dec-17
"Let’s let Shuteye answer for himself instead of the critical thinkers pretending they know everything."

No pretending here, just facts. Unlike the original post, or your efforts to defend it.

Matt

04-Dec-17
Nobody earns the right to post garbage fake news to promote a biassed narrative.

Matt

04-Dec-17
Mommy GG has spoken.

04-Dec-17

"Mommy GG has spoken."

Is that all you got you Whitey? I'm not surprised.

I'll go out on a limb and bet that every NFL team makes a profit that most companies would dream of this year. You name the wager.

Matt

04-Dec-17
Like that was ever a part of the discussion mama

04-Dec-17
Lex has probably gone through a whole case of popcorn by now!

04-Dec-17
What was part of the discussion besides fake news, Whitey?

I'll take that as a no bet. Thanks for playing.

Maqtt

04-Dec-17
If you think stock prices can't rise sans the financials, you must have missed the dot.com boom. The stocks of companies that not only had no profits were soaring, so were the stocks of companies which had no revenue!

It was all about 'expectation.'

Which proved the old saw about a man and his money being soon parted.

04-Dec-17
Didn't we just go thru this a few days ago? Shuteye you having some fun with the CF ?

04-Dec-17
Where is the pity party? Are we supposed to bring a gift?

04-Dec-17
It could be a joke. It could be a simple mistake. It's Shuteye's thread if he chooses to comment, we'll find out. I ignored this thread because it's about the NFL. They already get more attention than they deserve. The fake news stories will more than likely continue since so many throw a fit about it.

05-Dec-17
You're the same guys that would get your panties all in a wad if someone posted fake news about Trump as if it were fact..... I'm sure each time fake news is posted as fact here,,, And a few guys jump on the bandwagon to say...."I told you so"...... those guys knew it was fake and they were in on the joke before it started,,,, Right ??? Let's face it... A person doesn't have to be a critical thinker to debunk some of the dumb fake news that is posted here on the CF........

05-Dec-17
By now Lex must have had to buy a new microwave!

{INVESTMENT TIP}............Buy Orville Redenbacher stock!

05-Dec-17
Maybe Lex was trolling all the guys who immediately jump on the bandwagon and say "I told you so"....... To see how many he could snag ......

06-Dec-17
Well, its the Cleveland Browns that has filed. 0-12...SMH

06-Dec-17
I haven't checked this thread in days. I love it when things get rolling. Woods Walker, I get my pop corn at Sam's Club in five gallon buckets. Started that years ago when my dog absolutely loved pop corn as much as my wife and I. He only liked it with butter on it. hee hee.

06-Dec-17
Now it's Cleveland ?? Where did you get that information Thumper ??

• Sitka Gear