Two Feathers 05-Dec-17
04-Dec-17

txbowchic's embedded Photo
Just wondering how many of you use a Ghostblind and pros and cons. I love mine and I'm interested to see if anyone would like me to post my review as well. I will share a couple of photos. A photo of my blind and the hog I killed behind it.

04-Dec-17
I was actually thinking about ordering one so review away!

05-Dec-17
I purchased my ghostblind in September this year. I had been looking at them for quite sometime but just wasn't sure about the price vs. effectiveness. I broke down and ordered the blind and the carrying backpack since the price has gone down some since they first come out.

The thing I love most about the blind is how I can easily take it anywhere and set it up quickly. it literally takes me under 2 minutes to set it completely up. it comes with stakes and tie downs but honestly I have never used them. If you look at the photo you can see I just find a limb and prop it up with that wedged in one of the carrying handle holes. Simple and the reflection of the limb blends in nicely. However, I have never used the blind in heavy winds. In that case, I may have benefited from using the stakes and tie downs. I also love that I can use this blind in any setting. Grassy fields to thicker wooded areas or brush. The mirrored panels do an excellent job of reflecting the environment. I have never had an issue with sun glare either because if set up properly, it tilts down a bit. The mylar mirrored side folds to the inside also if you are concerned with it getting scratched or dinged up during transport so this has never been an issue. I think minor dings and scratches wouldn't hinder its effectiveness anyway.

I would definitely recommend the carrying backpack. I also sit on a small folding stool that I slip into the backpack with the blind. it fits snug but no problems zipping it all up inside. The blind has carrying handles and a small strap, but if you are carrying anything else it would be almost impossible to handle. The blind and backpack is rather large and I was worried about it being heavy and just awkward to carry through the woods. Im about 155 pounds and had no problem with the weight of it for about a mile hike. The only bothersome note was that when I was walking through heavily wooded area or lots of brush the top of it would catch and hang up on branches and limbs, but nothing major. The backpack also has extra pockets to carry along any extras you need to.

I have not hunted in the snow with this blind. I live in Texas and we just don't see snow that often. I have hunted in the rain with it a few times and if you wipe it down with a dry cloth afterwards, you shouldn't have any problems. If it sits in any amount of water or mud for very long you will notice that it will cause the panel edges to separate a little, but that's a no brainer.

Im only 5"5 so I don't need the extensions for my blind. If you are a taller person, I would strongly suggest getting the extensions to give you added coverage. They are like $26 on Amazon, so not too bad. I am a bowhunter and I can tell you that you have to be careful when drawing and shooting an arrow. The grooves in the blind are plenty big just make sure your sitting far enough behind the blind that you don't hit it with your stabilizer when you draw.

Overall I think this blind is well worth the money. It transports easily and literally takes seconds to set up. I have had several kills using it and most were under 30 yards. Not one time did the hog or deer ever even have a clue I was there.

Please feel free to ask me any questions and I hope this review at least helps one person out!! Happy and Safe Hunting.... find me on instagram @txbowchic

05-Dec-17
Good review. Thanks.

Always like reading about ladies enjoying the outdoors. Especially as bowhunters.

About your knife.......you couldn't find one bigger?

hehehe

:-)

05-Dec-17
Thank you for your review. It was helpful. I do most of my hunting from the ground but sometimes go up a tree when I don't have good cover. The ghost blind seems like it would be effective for these spots. I don't like sitting inside of pop up blinds so this might be what I need. Thanks again for sharing!

05-Dec-17
I had one and used it very little in two years and sold it to a Bowsitter. I did notice the most wear and tear was on the bottom edge/ground surface of the blind and was a concern. I didn't like it in the wind. I got one shot out of it, in the snow and shot short. I had other deer look at it and not blink an eye. I didn't like lugging it around.

• Sitka Gear