bad karma 08-Dec-17
Brotsky 08-Dec-17
elkmtngear 08-Dec-17
Michael 08-Dec-17
HDE 11-Dec-17
straightshooter 12-Dec-17
08-Dec-17
Hi!

What do you guys give for landowner gifts? I have a new spot and we have 3- or 4 landowners that GAVE us permission to antelope hunt. Camp on one persons land. What can I send them? Need to mail. suggestions? Looked at the Cabelas gift box stuff but not too impressed.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

08-Dec-17
O&H Danish Kringle. Google it. I live here where it is made and it is a staple gift in my city. They do ship them and they are affordable. TRUST ME and look no further. The most popular ones are pecan for men and cheesecake for women but they are all fantastic. I prefer apple or raspberry. Make sure you order on or two for yourself as well. You and your landowners will not be disappointed.

08-Dec-17
I bribe my landowners and really anyone who takes me on a hunt with liquor mostly....some of them really like wine. I have also been known to buy someone a good knife or a multitool, high end flashlights good, a Yeti thing of some kind, you name it. Depends a lot on how well I know them. Normally I figure that if I would like whatever it is......they would to. So far I have not resorted to sending anyone a Turduckin from Cabela's.

08-Dec-17
A guy that I let hunt my property takes me to Cabelas once a month and buys me a steak dinner at the Outback on our way home. We have hunted together for over 50 years and when I think of the times I have helped him blood trail in snow, rain and gloom I am satisfied with the steak dinners. I like those big blooming onions too. Together we are better than bloodhounds at finding deer.

08-Dec-17
Some of the things I have gave landowners are money in a card, a bottle of brandy, gift certificate for a supper club, deer meat (summer sausage, jerky etc )

08-Dec-17
The landowner where I hunt antelope is happy with MGD in bottles.

I'll also suggest a Turducken, which is something they would not normally buy for themselves.

I've also offered to spend a day vaccinating cattle, which I did as a kid. And one time, we posted the no-trespassing signs on miles of fence for the landowner.

08-Dec-17
One thing I have great luck with is fish! Most landowners here have cattle so they have all the beef they can stand, etc. A few packages of walleye and perch fillets goes a long way!

08-Dec-17
I have a landowner/ friend that allows me to hunt pigs on his 1000 acres. I bring him venison and elk steaks on a regular basis. He's been very good to me, allows me exclusive hunting rights. I try to stop by and chat with him whenever I can.

08-Dec-17
I have also found that the best things you can give any landowner is never betray their trust, treat them like a friend, offer your time, and if they ever have a problem be there for them in a big way.

08-Dec-17
Some of the things I have gave landowners are money in a card, a bottle of brandy, gift certificate for a supper club, deer meat (summer sausage, jerky etc )

11-Dec-17
Help mend/repair fence.

12-Dec-17
Way to go guys!

All great stuff. I guess the message is to do something!

• Sitka Gear