Fish and Wildlife out of control!
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Shuteye 08-Dec-17
Annony Mouse 08-Dec-17
Thumper 09-Dec-17
DL 12-Dec-17
08-Dec-17
Here where I live it can take a long time to get a logging permit. If you have wet lands or damp spots in your woods it complicates matters. I have logged my woods two times. The first time I had to stay away from the wallers. There is no explanation for the round depressions in the woods in our area. The explanation given by many is when Noah's flood receded whales were stranded and they wallered around, making these round holes in the land. My woods has several and during rainy times they make great little duck ponds. A lot of my red oaks and other trees in my woods are dying from the top down due to leaf scorch. I had to have a herpetologist help with getting the permit. Where others wouldn't let me get near the wallers this one told my logger to cut anything I wanted cut. He said a large tree will use 50 gallons of water a day and if I cut them, more water would be left in the wallers and the frogs and salamanders would benefit. This guy knew his stuff about salamanders and frogs and he was right.

One of my farmer friends has many acres of swampy woods that he has not been allowed to log due to rare salamanders and they even have sign around some of the wet areas. My wife catches salamanders in her flower garden all the time. She isn't afraid of them and gently moves them to a nice safe area. They are pretty.

08-Dec-17

Annony Mouse's Link
Spike...it's government out of control.

09-Dec-17
And how many acres have the Feds taken control of as possible Ivory-billed Woodpecker habitat? Over 6 million and we've still not seen the first Ivory-Billed Woodpecker. UFB

12-Dec-17
God help us all if a Sasquatch is ever truly discovered

• Sitka Gear