BowSniper 10-Dec-17
JL 10-Dec-17
Shuteye 11-Dec-17
Thunderflight 11-Dec-17
JAKAPR 11-Dec-17
BowSniper 11-Dec-17
JL 11-Dec-17
08-Dec-17
We need some vidio of the f35 cruising by one of little kims missiles with the caption (is this all you got little kimmie..)

08-Dec-17
Spike,

I pray to God you are right but I am increasingly questioning what our government claims everyday. Why would the government run this by the general population? Maybe to persuade our allies of coverage. Maybe to alleviate the stress in American cities. Why alert your enemies of your capabilities? Now we understand this weapon has bugs that must be ironed out but could still be pressed into action. I find myself questioning every utterance from Washington no matter how inconsequential. I have come full circle from the young man who believed the U.S. invented the world. The Rock

08-Dec-17
. . . I wonder about a lot . . . .. ..

.. ...

. . . how long has it been since the United States detonated a nuclear warhead . . . . .

. . . . . then I remember in "civics" class, studying about the Teapot Dome Scandal . . . .

. . . . . . then I wonder about Defense Contractors falsifying data . . . . .

I do NOT have a warm fuzzy about our nuclear capability, or the ability of all our silos to lauch a missle.

North Korea has proven their capability, when was the last time we proved ours . . .

F-35 be damned, how about our Nuclear Weapons ?

08-Dec-17
I will be truthful. I am as nervous as a blind gay guy at a weenie roast of our nuclear capabilities. I hope they know something that I don't that would literally blow me away like Star Wars...but....I don't know what the hell to believe anymore after 8 yrs. of obomanation and the latest revelations of the so called deep state.

The Rock

09-Dec-17
Shooting down ballistic missiles is an extraordinarily complex and difficult task. There's a reason we haven't tried to shoot down one of Kim's missiles, and that's because our technology just isn't there yet. All of our shootdowns have been very carefully controlled tests within very tight parameters, and even at that our success is mixed.

09-Dec-17
. . . DOD nuclear contracts , with no weapons testing, is like dropping a hundred dollar bill in a Greyhound Bus terminal and hoping it will still be there tomorrow . . .

. . . hell, there is lot testing on bullets, bombs, and grenades - but no Nuke Testing ???? Ya got to be kidding me . . . .

. . . Teapot Dome scandal , Deja vu . . .

09-Dec-17
who says we do not test our nuclear weapons? maybe we do and its classified. weapons tests happen almost everyday from multiple platforms.

09-Dec-17
Spike,

You are correct. Land based, underground, atmospheric, under water and any other nuclear testing can not go undetected. The entire world is on watch with instruments that record such tests. I imagine the condition and degeneration of the war head itself is the only concern, the delivery system can be tested at any time.

The Rock

10-Dec-17

BowSniper's Link
Note - you might recall the big scandal when it was discovered that the British Trident subs have not been working, and the essential deterrent was not really there.

10-Dec-17
It's classified but I'm sure we already have the land/sea/air capability over there and here that can knock most missile's out of the sky or on the ground. The Trumpster was smart telling the public up front he will not advertise our plans or capabilities. That was something the Bamster often did that pissed me off.

11-Dec-17
We have the most advanced weapons system in the world. It isn't even close. I hope I never have to say, "I told you so."

11-Dec-17
There is a reason why Russia, China, Iran, and other countries copy/steal our technology.

Unless you have intimate experience with our advance weapon systems then I wouldn't believe even 1/4 of what you read on line or hear from the media.

The last thing I would ever worry about is an North Korean ICMB ever hitting a US territory.

I sleep very well at night.

11-Dec-17
in 1985 a F-15a shot down a satellite.

11-Dec-17

BowSniper's Link
I dunno... in actual live fire testing the patriot has done pretty well and the THAAD even better. But that is only against short to intermediate range missiles. Have we ever tried to shoot down an incoming ICBM in live fire practice? Not much. The GMD system designed for this has only worked at best half the time when tested. We are getting there, but are NOT reliably there yet. At least in an actual live fire test shot. But in a real emergency, I presume we would launch enough interceptors to increase those odds.

11-Dec-17
Anyone remember the system or idea called Star Wars a few decades ago?

• Sitka Gear