Michael 11-Dec-17
Anony Mouse 11-Dec-17
sundowner 11-Dec-17
bad karma 11-Dec-17
HA/KS 11-Dec-17
Bowfreak 11-Dec-17
09-Dec-17
From Breitbart:

"Forgery 101: Beverly Young Nelson and Gloria Allred Both Presented ‘Notes’ as Roy Moore’s Own Writing

by Joel B. Pollak, 8 Dec 2017

So-called “fact-checking” websites have objected to Breitbart News’ use of the term “forgery” to describe the yearbook that Roy Moore accuser Beverly Young Nelson and her lawyer, Gloria Allred, have used in attempting to corroborate Nelson’s allegation that Moore sexually assaulted her some 40 years ago.

Politifact labeled the claim “Pants on Fire,” and Facebook has even attached a pop-up warning to a Breitbart article about the alleged forgery.

On Friday, Nelson admitted that she had added “notes” to an inscription that she claimed Moore made in her high school yearbook. She still claims that Moore signed the yearbook, but admitted that some of the writing was hers.

That is textbook forgery.

Black’s Law Dictionary defines “forgery” as follows (original emphasis): forgery, n. 1. The act of fraudulently making a false document or altering a real one to be used as if genuine … 2. A false or altered document made to look genuine by someone with the intent to deceive … 3. Under the Model Penal Code, the act of fraudulently altering, authenticating, issuing, or transferring a writing without appropriate authorization.

Note that forgery includes altering a real document. It does not matter if part of the document — say, the signature — is real. If any part of the document is altered and presented as original and authentic, it is a forgery and the entire document is legally useless — or worse than useless, since it impeaches the credibility of the person presenting it.

Originally, both Nelson and Moore claimed that the entire writing was Moore’s. At the press conference on Nov.13 where Nelson presented her story, both she and Allred read the inscription in the yearbook in full and stated clearly that Roy Moore was responsible for all of it.

Here is Nelson reading the inscription (11:38 to 12:08): “He wrote in my yearbook, as follows: '‘To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say ‘Merry Christmas.’ Christmas 1977. Love, Roy Moore, Old Hickory House.' And he signed it, ‘Roy Moore D.A ' "

And here is Allred doing the same:

“Mr. Moore’s signature appears because he signed her yearbook, and we have provided you with copies [inaudible]. Oh, here it is. OK, this is what we gave you as a copy, wherein he says he signed it to her — well, he didn’t give her name, but he said: ‘To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say “Merry Christmas.” Christmas 1977.’ — hold the other end, please, thank you — ‘Love, Roy Moore’ — oh, excuse me — ‘Love, Roy Moore, D.A.,12-22-77, Old Hickory House.'”

Politifact suggests that Breitbart News claimed Roy Moore’s signature is false. We did not — though there are some online sleuths who do, or who claim that the “Roy” is real but the “Moore” was added later, in different ink. That is all irrelevant, however. If even part of the document was altered, it is a forgery.

The yearbook was presented not just to show that Roy Moore knew Nelson, but to establish the time and place where he allegedly assaulted her. We now know that at least some of that information was not written by Moore, as Nelson and Allred originally claimed.

Not only did Nelson and Allred claim, falsely, that Moore wrote the entire inscription, but they refused to offer it to a neutral and independent expert for analysis. And they waited more than three weeks to admit that the inscription had been altered. That is forgery, and to the extent it casts doubt on Nelson’s story, that is her, and Allred’s, fault."

09-Dec-17
Very interesting. Hollywood writers could not come up with a plot as intriguing as this is getting.

09-Dec-17
If its forgery, which has already been debunked by Fox News, Moore has a hell of a lawsuit. Allred is scum as are 99.9% of lawyers are, but the signature is roy's.

09-Dec-17
It IS forgery.

Learn to READ, you idiot!

09-Dec-17
Tuesday will tell the tale, I think Roy will win the senate seat.

09-Dec-17
Moore is a public figure, so the chances of winning a lawsuit are minimal. One has to prove actual malice. And Gloria Allred will be the only person with money. You could possibly win against the alleged victim, but I doubt she has enough money to make it worth a district court lawsuit. Further, such as lawsuit would keep this crap on the front page, which is not in future senator Moore's best interest.

Deliberate ignorance once again. Don't talk about the law, you don't know crap, "Ryan from Boone."

11-Dec-17
it will be interesting to see if he gets elected tomorrow.

11-Dec-17
My bet is that enough of the people of Alabama are tired of the dirty tricks and will vote for Moore, just as the Dem dirty tricks didn't work against Trump.

11-Dec-17
No way Moore loses. This is Alabama and they don't vote in guys who think it's never too late for an abortion.

Roy Moore may not be a great guy but I am getting to the point I don't care. I am starting to look at politicians the same way I look at contractors. I don't care what type of people they are as long as they get the job done. In a since....I'm starting to support my side like liberals do theirs.

11-Dec-17
Roy Moore was ahead in sever polls I saw but this morning Fox is showing Roy losing by ten points. Another poll has him ahead by 9 points. Just can't trust the polls. I have a feeling that every democrat in the USA vote in the Fox poll just to make it look bad for the Republican.

11-Dec-17
I wonder how many deceased republicans are going to vote Democrat now.

11-Dec-17
(!!!) Polls: remember November 2016!!!

11-Dec-17
bk: "My bet is that enough of the people of Alabama are tired of the dirty tricks and will vote for Moore, just as the Dem dirty tricks didn't work against Trump."

That's my bet too. The vast majority of Alabamians are not stupid. They know a scam when they see one.

11-Dec-17
Well, you know Sundowner that all the genteel people in places like New York and Chicago think of people in Alabama as bitterly clinging to guns and religion, having possum for dinner and sleeping with their cousins. And they're the ones who run the media. Most have no clue how people in Alabama, or for that matter, Craig, CO, live or think.

11-Dec-17
It will come down to turnout.

trump could have guaranteed his election if he had promised to help oust Moore if he gets elected and later is proven to have done illegal things that are now being alleged.

11-Dec-17
Moore will win.

• Sitka Gear