Tiger eye 16-Dec-17
HDE 16-Dec-17
Tiger eye 16-Dec-17
Sixby 16-Dec-17
TGbow 16-Dec-17
Owl 17-Dec-17
Sixby 17-Dec-17
13-Dec-17
So I have been hearing the argument blaming the current healthcare crisis on instability of the marketplace due to the current trump administration. If anyone has some insight on this... please enlighten me. Thank you.

13-Dec-17
Sounds reasonable jtv.

Any progressive liberals willing to defend the argument?

13-Dec-17
When we re-enrolled in health insurance at work we spoke to a guy about the plans and we mentioned the cost and without missing a beat he said the increase was due to Trump lol. He almost got angry when he said it. Good to know my insurance is now about the monthly cost of a new Toyota Tundra so that’s great!

13-Dec-17
Here is what my nephew just went through with my great nephew. For what it is worth, my nephew is a turkey farmer and former LEO so he has no group plan available.

If you're looking into buying insurance with Cigna, let me relate what I am going through with them right now. My son was in an accident and we took him to our local hospital. It was determined that he had a broken jaw and needed treatment. There are no Oral Surgeons on call at that hospital. The Oral surgeon that is in network (they are in a different town and even state but they are pretty close) would not see him due to not being on call at Hospital (makes no sense, I know) so we went with the only oral surgeon in town, who was out of network. Due to them being out of network, they wanted payment up front. At this point, several days after the accident, I just wanted care for my son. I was able to pay with credit card and he recieved the care that he needed. He had to have a plate put in over the break and the jaw lined back up.

Now after paying the $15100 for the surgery, Cigna say they would only allow $1250.92 towards the surgery and it went into out of network individual deduction. So I'm out $15100, they are putting a credit of $1250.92 towards a $2500 deductible. Don't know which back alley doctor Cigna based the $1250.92 surgery on but cant say that I would want to use them. I wasn't expecting to be reimbursed for the full amount, but this was just a slap in the face. Totals for Hospital and surgery came up to $18505 and I owe $17059.79. Why do I even have insurance and pay the premiums if it is not going to cover accidents. Thanks for nothing Cigna.

13-Dec-17
But....but....what happened to the $2400 a year that the average American was supposed to be saving? Check your numbers Salagi, you have to be wrong.....Democrats, and especially Obama wouldn't lie about this!

Seriously....you should have changed his name to Rodriquez and snuck him into Mexico and then back across the border into a sanctuary city and then it'd be "free".

14-Dec-17
Thank you. I really did not believe there is a defense for that argument and it seems none can be provided.

14-Dec-17
Salagi, the negotiated rate Cigna agrees to pay for that procedure is $1250.92. Uninsured patients pay $15k for that same procedure. This is one of the single largest frauds currently perpetrated on the American public and no one even cares. If you have insurance a broken arm costs $500, if you don't have insurance it costs $5,000. Why does no one see a problem with this?

14-Dec-17
Here's my personal experience on my premiums....

Before ObummerCare I was paying $475 per month with a $500 deductible.

For 2018 I will be paying $732 per month with a $3,750 deductible.

But I am thrilled to know that I'm likely covered if I were to get pregnant...... Although as a man, if I did get pregnant, money probably would no longer be an issue anyway!!!!

14-Dec-17
1. There IS no 'healthcare crisis.' We have the best health care in the world and it's not even close!

2. The problems we have today are with healthcare costs, not with healthcare itself and can all be placed on the Federal government:

Who knew!

A) During WW II the Congress froze wages. But they did not freeze employer-paid benefits. As a result, employers started adding employer-paid health insurance to their list of fringe benefits in order to better compete for scarce employees. That began the process of disengaging the user of healthcare from the cost of healthcare, which was and is a very dangerous thing..

B) In the early '60's, Medicare came along which did the same thing in spades. Worse, it also allowed the feds to limit the amount providers could be reimbursed for when they treat Medicare patients.

The feds, being the feds, somehow thought it would be a great idea to reimburse providers at below-market rates. That meant providers needed to charge non-Medicare patients above-market rates to cover their losses, a practice that soon became known as 'cost-shifting.'

This trend continued for decades with an ever-expanding difference between Medicare reimbursement payments and the actual costs to providers who provided those services.

Then, predictably, when non-medicare insurance premiums soared, the Libs claimed our system was broken (which it was, but not for the reason they claimed). As a predictable result, the Libs blaimed insurers and providers for the escalating costs and demanded the Feds take over all healthcare.

Which is how we arrived at ObamaCare and the demands for a single payor system.

As Ronald Reagan so aptly said in joking about big and incompetent government, "I'm from the Government and I'm here to help."

Yeah, right!

15-Dec-17
I was referring to cost. But thanks for the insight. I don’t see an option in the near future. Gd progressives bet on winning the White House, lost, and now are going to bankrupt many in the middle class. Even those that spend conservatively will have difficulty coming up with 20k in premiums along with 14k in deductibles. And if costs continue to rise 20+% yearly for the next eight years.....

15-Dec-17
Great post Kyle - really helps put this thing into perspective. This year when I re-enrolled in my company's plan I was shocked at how much more I was paying, but even more shocked to see how much more my company was paying.

All these "Health care is a right" people don't seem to understand that nothing is free, and, as you said, "cost shifting" is just a part of any business who ends up absorbing additional costs. I don't care if it's Walmart increasing prices to cover "shrinkage" (a.k.a. shoplifting) or our doctor. Increased costs ALWAYS get passed down to the consumer.

Why is that such a hard thing for some people to understand?

15-Dec-17
Healthcare has no business being “for profit”. It should be treated as a right for all. Your Jesus would no doubt agree. But hey what does an atheist know being all godless and such.

15-Dec-17
From what you spout on the CF, it's obviously very little...................

15-Dec-17
"Healthcare has no business being “for profit”. It should be treated as a right for all."

And just whom should be enslaved to provide these services for free? If there's no profit, what motivates the scientific community to come up with new treatments?

In a free-market, the very best and brightest become doctors, surgeons, nurses and medical researchers because there is a lot of reward there for their talents.

If there were no financial incentive in medicine, they'd put their collective brain-power elsewhere - somewhere that there IS financial incentive.

Did they stop teaching basic economics somewhere along the way while I wasn't looking?

I, for one would not want to trust my health care to the lowest bidder. If you do, that's your right, but I would wager you'd prefer to be treated in a Mayo clinic over a VA hospital. Those over-priced doctors are sure a lot more competent than my mail man, who it seems you would be OK with doing your double bypass surgery, as long as it was available for free to everyone.

16-Dec-17
"Your Jesus would no doubt agree."

How would you know? You have to follow Him first to have anykind of relationship with Him. Besides, He expects us to work for and earn what we have. Nothing is free, including eternal salvation...

16-Dec-17
atheist. You are a FRAUD. I'm beginning to think that you are not an atheist, at all. I think you are lying about that, also. I'm not buying it.

16-Dec-17
Athiests do indeed study theology and the various readings of Confucius, Muhammad, Sidartha and even Jesus and Abraham. Doesn’t mean we follow their teachings. Although its funny that the Christ got his famous one liner (do unto others...). From Confucius who said it hundreds of years earlier in his writings. History is strange in how records and evidence actually produce real facts.

16-Dec-17
atheist. You are a FRAUD.

16-Dec-17
Sybil,

That which requires an action by one person on behalf of another cannot be a right.

16-Dec-17
Historians have attributed phrasing of the tenets of the Golden rule to the Hebrew Bible (see Leviticus 19:18, 19:33-34) that predates Confucius by anywhere from almost 700 to almost 1,000 years.

As Jesus came in fulfillment of scripture his inspiration would have more likely arisen from that text and not Confucius.

If you had an understanding of history the better "argument" to have advanced would have been the inspiration of "Tales of the Eloquent Peasant" which some historians date back to Egypt around 2,000 BC.

Of course if the interest were other than to be an inflammatory gadfly vetting would be the norm, not the exception.....actually, it's never even the exception with some.....vetting never happens......ever......

16-Dec-17
Does anyone out there believe our current administration, in the current situation (due to the progressives no doubt) has a chance at actually lowering the cost of health insurance? Or do I raise my prices this year to offset the cost to the consumers to whom I provide services? It’s tough, because I have to raise prices enough to cover those clients that no longer can afford/justify services.

16-Dec-17
There were many in Jesus time that were sick. He did not cure all.

However one poor soul knew that if they could just touch him they would be healed. But Jesus said it is not I who healed you but your faith...

But FRAUDTHIEST already knew that

16-Dec-17
Christ is the God of the Old Testament, so...

16-Dec-17
No pretty sure Christ is the new testament.

16-Dec-17
There are not two Gods , There is one God. Timothy said God was manifest in the flesh, seen of angels, raised up into glory. One has to understand that we live and move and have our being in God. God is a spirit. No man has seen Him at any time. Jesus(Yahshua) God come in the flesh, declares him. God spoke from Heaven when Jesus (Yahshua) was being babtised by John. Two Gods, NOt. One God in two places. God in Heaven. Yahshua on earth , One invisible and the same in the flesh. One God. God bless, Steve

16-Dec-17
How has the gov done with Social Security? Or any other sector of the citizens life?

Government was never designed to be a welfare state. I have 0 college education but I can figure it out. The best the gov could ever do for the American people is get out of our lives, including healthcare and so-called Social Security. When government governs at the least it governs best.

If a professional accountant handles someone's money the way the gov has handled SS they would be in prison for extortion. This started way back, before Obummer Care. The more the gov gets involved in any aspect of the private sector, the worse it gets and the higher the cost will rise.

17-Dec-17
The feds handle the health care for veterans. How have they done there? They won't even make HC competent for the ones that are dying to keep the idiot politicians in power. How will they perform for the multiples of minions that don't??

17-Dec-17
I hear the senate threw out the Johnson bill. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The deep state is deep indeed and the Senate needs a huge remodel. Especially the Parlimentarian.

God bless, steve

• Sitka Gear