BIG BEAR 19-Dec-17
itshot 19-Dec-17
Sixby 19-Dec-17
BIG BEAR 19-Dec-17
itshot 19-Dec-17
13-Dec-17

Atheist 's Link

13-Dec-17
I'm not a particularly religious or political man... but I find it interesting to see an atheist promoting a Roman Catholic.... Doesn't his religion say you are going to hell ???

13-Dec-17
Biden could have won....If he lived through challenging the thug. There is a reason no one challenged her. I hope mueller finds it... but I’m not holding my breath.

13-Dec-17
Athiests are easily in awe of Buddhists, Catholics, Hindus and such. So long as you are a good human, your religion is irrelevant and so long as you don’t require me to adhere to your religious ideals, then it’s all good. I think we can agree on that Bear. I feel the same way about homosexuals, transgenders, police officers, ice cream vendors and any other walk of life. In essence, just don’t be a prick and we’ll get along just fine.

13-Dec-17
Fair enough

13-Dec-17
atheist. You are a FRAUD. Telling us more Bull$hit? You left out the part about being a LIAR, that you have proven to us, over and over. 8^)

13-Dec-17
What is a " good human"?

14-Dec-17
One of the best men I know is an atheist. And he’s also the most conservative man I know. And successful. And big hearted, generous. Giving.

It’s sad he’s an atheist but I respect his position. Because he respects mine. He isn’t a, look at me, your religion is wrong type of guy.

So I don’t buy into the notion that you can’t be a good man if your an atheist.

14-Dec-17
Someone who doesn't believe in God, that's fine. It's their choice. But DO NOT EVER ridicule someone else becasue they do or make light of them in political situations. When you do that, you cease to be a good person.

14-Dec-17
I don't care if a person practices Buddhism,,, Hinduism,, Judaism..... Or any other religion...... As long as they do their thing and let me do mine and leave me alone....

14-Dec-17
What is a " good human"?

Mark 10:18: "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."

14-Dec-17
Well if there's no good humans I'll settle for a neighbor that doesn't steal my shit, rape my daughter and shoot my dog.....

14-Dec-17
IMO there has to be rules and norms that need to be followed for a civilized society to function and exist. Some won't be happy, some will. When the minority attempts to force their views on the majority under the guise of "progress" is when a society begins to breakdown.

14-Dec-17
There are plenty of liberals who aren't bad people. They are just wrong on their approach to how a society should work.

14-Dec-17
Bear - "Well if there's no good humans I'll settle for a neighbor that doesn't steal my shit, rape my daughter and shoot my dog..... "

Okay, I will stay away from your daughter. Is two out of three okay?

BTW - I suspect you find out how religious people are when you are arresting them, do you not? I imagine you hear some epitaphs that are encouraging help from their deity?

14-Dec-17
Romans 14:11

“For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”

14-Dec-17
The quickest I ever saw people find religion was in boot camp in the Navy...... Church was voluntary on Sundays ... but almost everyone went.... to escape boot camp for an hour... ha !!

14-Dec-17
C.S. Lewis once said that one cannot judge a line crooked without first having a straight line to compare it. Commonsense and unquestionably true. Mark 10:18 simply reflects that. No human comprises a "straight line." Only God can be so objectively pure. And that is as fantastic as it is superficially frustrating.

14-Dec-17
Only god can be good? And you wonder why I choose atheism. There are countless good people on this planet. In fact I’d say there are more good people than bad and I truly believe people are inherently good. They’d willingly help others, give to the needy and generally be kind and compassionate. Isn’t that the very definition of “good”?

14-Dec-17
"just don’t be a prick and we’ll get along just fine"

You mean like coming on to a site that is heavily Christian and openly bashing Christianity? Keep in mind you aren't the only one who doesn't want some else shoving their views down your throat.

Merry Christmas.

14-Dec-17
Lots of people do good things. That is not at question. However, the minute one claims to be good, he/she is inadvertently creating a standard. That dynamic is wholly unavoidable. And that's not mere nuance. Albeit unintended, such a standard is inherently false, divisive, confusing and morally relativistic. Those are horrible underpinnings for culturally "normative" behavior much less a rubric for social virtue(s). Standards, particularly philosophical and scientific variety must be objective in nature or they collapse under the weight of their own flawed logic.

The more accurate and constructive concern is not whether someone is "good" or not but, rather how near they approximate the highest standard of goodness. It's the difference between idolatry and aspiration.

14-Dec-17
atheist. You are a FRAUD. More bull$hit, i see.

14-Dec-17
Onecam.... This forum doesn't belong to the Christians..... It works both ways.... why is it OK to openly bash Muslims here....?? Some guys on this site hold all Muslims accountable for the actions of Radical Islamic Terrorists..... That's like holding all Catholics accountable for the actions of Priests who rape little boys....

Happy Chanukah to all my Jewish neighbors !!!!

14-Dec-17
Owl..... I'll settle for a neighbor that doesn't do bad things.....

14-Dec-17
Thank you for taking the bait atheist. So your metric for being "good" is "willingly help others, give to the needy and generally be kind and compassionate. Isn’t that the very definition of “good”? "

Seems like all the things Jesus would want us to be. Where else would these qualities come from? Why else would people practice such behaviors ?

Your really are a FRAUD

14-Dec-17
Thank you for taking the bait atheist. So your metric for being "good" is "willingly help others, give to the needy and generally be kind and compassionate. Isn’t that the very definition of “good”? "

Seems like all the things Jesus would want us to be. Where else would these qualities come from? Why else would people practice such behaviors ?

Your really are a FRAUD

14-Dec-17
Big Bear, what should be considered "bad?"

14-Dec-17
Really Owl ?? I listed a few bad things above.... Tiger.... so anything good anyone does has to come from Jesus.... So where does that leave my Jewish neighbors ??? And the 15 million other Jews in the world ??

14-Dec-17
My family is of Judaic religion. We believe in God. Jesus not so much. So does only believing in God make us bad people? I also have Buddhist friends who are way more generous and open minded than about any American Christian I have met. Tons of antisemetism in America these days. Don't believe me, read comments on a lot of internet political forums and see how many idiots are posting anti Jew remarks.

14-Dec-17
During the time I was a Drill Instructor, I gave my recruits the choice of going to church, or spending more time with me.

.. .. ..

.. .. ..

100% percent church attendance in all my platoons.

;^)

I figured that I was always lucky, and the Company always geve me all the religious recruits.

;^)

Of course, just maybe, 6.5 days a week with such a nice guy as myself made them need a break from me. I mean after all, you can only take so much niceness in a week . . . .

Semper Fi, Ooh Rah !

14-Dec-17
Really Big Bear. Fair question. You'll start naming some obvious actions but once you get done defining and qualifying the exceptions, you'll realize it ain't so cut and dry - or unviserally observed.

14-Dec-17
I believe an atheist does not believe in the existence of god. The Catholic religion believes Jesus was God on earth. As I understand the Jewish religion, their belief is that they are the chosen people of God. Both religions (and others) are believers.

The point was trying to make, is that why would someone want to be a "Good Human" and what are the metrics? I think being good comes from God, and it is what he wants for us. To say that one is to "willingly help others, give to the needy and generally be kind and compassionate" comes from God who is all "Good". To say you are an atheist and still want to be good is disingenuous. Why would you want to be good? What are the draw back of not being good? Obviously deep down this certain atheist believes in good thus believe in God.

As mentioned above and many times before. He is a FRAUD.

14-Dec-17
We could do this all day Tiger.... So where does that leave the 350-500 million Bhudists in the world ?? Can they not be good people ??

14-Dec-17
Owl.... It's pretty cut and dry to me..... I'd rather have Mother Theresa as a neighbor than Charles Manson. No brainer.

14-Dec-17
I took no such bait, good people are good people by their actions and intent. Jesus has nothing to do with that. Buddhists are good and kind and compassionate and they Would tell you it has nothing to do with a Jesus. We are our own saviors. And if you are living for some kind of fictitious heaven, good on you!. However I am living a good life now for the sake of now!

14-Dec-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
The original Werner Heisenberg, not Breaking Bad

14-Dec-17
What did Werner Heisenberg mean when he said, “The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you”?

Drink deeper.

14-Dec-17
“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you”

Indeed, consider the study of genetics. It is essentially the study of biological language and language so exquisitely and precisely arranged to create must infer a designing intelligence. That is commonsense.

14-Dec-17
A question for you religious type people........ What would your reaction be if a male transvestite dressed in women's clothing sat down next to you in church ?? I ask because my wife goes to church and they have a few openly transvestite men that attend church in women's clothing....

14-Dec-17
"Owl.... It's pretty cut and dry to me..... I'd rather have Mother Theresa as a neighbor than Charles Manson. No brainer."

-Not me. The slums of Calcutta are wretched places. ;)

14-Dec-17
BB. I would be happy because he recognizes hes a sinner and is there to ask for God's mercy.

Pretty sure Buddhists are not athiests. They just don't think God is necessary.

Next question

14-Dec-17
In the minds of the religious, as apparent here, a so called Christian that has sinned is still better than an Athiest who hasn’t. Therein lies my issue w the religious. Among many others. Have your religions, enjoy them and relish in the sacred traditions. I have no issues with that. I’ve sat at Seders, attended Communions and even sang w a Baptist choir, all at my choosing. Not because a deity instructs me or has any influence over me. I’ve encountered secular individuals who were amazing and Christians that were awful. Again, live and let live. Don’t attempt to coerce, convince or otherwise as I won’t do that to anyone else regarding my atheism. Simple.

14-Dec-17
Is the transvestite a sinner just like everyone else..?? Or are you saying that they are sinning by being a transvestite. The pastor is OK with them being transvestites and dressing as women in church...

14-Dec-17
We are all sinners.

And fraudthiest how can an athiest sin or not sin? Against whom? What is an athiests definition of sin?

14-Dec-17
That's fair enough Tiger. I wonder what the reaction would be in my mother's Catholic Church......?

14-Dec-17
The Golden Rule, or some derivation of it, occurs in almost all religions of the world. To me, that's what it all boils down to.

Even atheist can practice the Golden Rule without believing in a "higher power".

Matt

14-Dec-17
atheist. You are a FRAUD.

14-Dec-17
You sound like a broken record dude....

14-Dec-17
"You sound like a broken record dude...."

Yep, and just as annoying.

The irony is he gleefully supports posts by others who are here under fake registrations.

Matt

14-Dec-17
Glad you like it. I'll be here all week. 8^)

14-Dec-17
GG. Nva trying to get you to give him an answer, for most of a day, wasn't annoying? Of course not. If it's you, it's ok. You are special. You Dems are all the same.

14-Dec-17

DL's Link
The most brilliant minds of the twentieth century and beyond discuss the subject.

14-Dec-17
It’s a long read but a great link DL. This particular passage spoke to me. I do wrestle w the religion that was forced on me as a child and teen. And I continue to battle w logic vs faith. Logic always wins out but it’s still a thought. “But even when an individual tries to attain the greatest possible degree of independence, he will still be swayed by the existing spiritual structures—consciously or unconsciously. For he, too, must be able to speak of life and death and the human condition to other members of the society in which he's chosen to live; he must educate his children according to the norms of that society, fit into its life. “

14-Dec-17
DL,

Interesting link. I'll have to do more than just skim it to do it justice.

Thanks,

Matt

14-Dec-17
atheist. You are a FRAUD. Your new fan base doesn't impress me much. Kinda like, you don't.

14-Dec-17
Nobody wants to touch the question about a transvestite man openly dressing like a woman in your church... Other than Tiger Eye... He said he would be glad to have him in church...

14-Dec-17
He can dress like Dennis Rodman for all I care. As long as his heart is in the right place.

Matt

14-Dec-17
Were they appropriate clothes for church?

14-Dec-17
I don't regularly go to church... My wife and daughter do... I've seen them down in the basement after church when I helped my wife carry in food... I guess I would call it flamboyant women's clothing... but nothing revealing or anything like that...

I was brought up in a Catholic family.... When I saw those men dressed as women in church I couldn't help but wonder what my mother would think... I'll have to mention it to her the next time the topic of religion comes up......

14-Dec-17

Annony Mouse's Link

14-Dec-17
Wearing blue jeans and a Carhart T shirt I sat and talked about an hour with a man dressed in red robes. A Pentecostal Preacher and the Dalai LLama. We had the most wonderful conversation about God. I was thoroughly impressed by the great spirit that the man had and I have thought often about that and I pray for him to know Jesus. Christians want no one to go to Hell. Sooooooo I for one pray that Christ will reveal himself to them and I pray that he felt that spirit of Christ in me and will seek to know Him. I am no mans eternal judge but I can discern spirit and I can call this one and that man had the right spirit and the wrong understanding and was missing the relationship of Christ in us, the hope of glory and the only way of salvation and unity with the Father. Was he a good man? absolutely and perhaps even a great man and a humble man. I do know that is not all there is to this though. We must be born again of the spirit of God and that only happens when we realize Christ died for our sins and make Him our Lord , His spirit witnessing with our spirit. I want that wonderful , good man to know Jesus. I do not judge him/ God does this and God had proclaimed Jesus our Lord and our God. Every knee will bow, Every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord and Christ. God bless you all and Merry Christmas, Steve

14-Dec-17
Merry Christmas.... and happy Chanukah to Dallsheepstkr !!!

14-Dec-17
of all the humanity we face daily, paul/studentbride/zeidan/romano finds "compassion" in a clip from the view featuring joe bfd biden.....

i would suggest a book, i will buy it, just let me know via pm.....yay or nay

14-Dec-17
Big Bear, I regularly attend church with gay folks. A transvestite won't get me or anyone else bent out of shape. If a drowning man wants to climb in the boat once a week with other drowning people, I am happy.

14-Dec-17
Um.... If you're in the boat you're not drowning.......:-)

15-Dec-17
Onecam.... This forum doesn't belong to the Christians..... It works both ways.... why is it OK to openly bash Muslims here....??

Certainly never said it belongs to the Christians, only pointed out that a lot here are and starting threads that overtly attack those Christians is a dick move.

As far as bashing Muslims, yeah, tossing gays off buildings, beheading Christians, Muslims who don't fit their individual idea of Islam, blowing up people indiscriminately, I have a problem with - just like I have a problem with Southern Baptists disrupting the burial of our troops because they think America is too "Pro Gay" and we've brought this on ourselves.

I've studied Buddhism and Hinduism, have many friends who are Mormon - grew up around more native American tribes than I care to list. I have a deep respect for anyone who lives their lives in an honest way, adhering to what beliefs they hold dear.

Honestly, I don't know where I fall in. I'm a Christian, but in my view that doesn't make me anti-...anything, except those that want to force one way of thinking or living on someone else. My choice was personal, nobody forced it on me. I think we all should have that right.

Unfortunately, much of Islam doesn't see it that way. If the radical muslims have it their way, Christians, Buddhist, Jews, Secular Humanists, Hopi, Navajo, atheists will have one choice. Convert or die.

15-Dec-17
Agreed Big Bear but, without exception, we are too stupid to stay in the boat. We all seem to marvel at floating on our own.

15-Dec-17
Onecam..... I am not studied in religion as are you..... but your last post seems bigoted to me.... You are holding all Muslims accountable for the violence of radical Islamic terrorists.....

What if someone held all Christians accountable for violence committed in the name of Chrtianity ??

Then you say that you have a deep respect for anyone who lives their lives in an honest way, adhering to what beliefs they hold dear.....

Good.... I feel the same way... and have respect for my Muslim friends... my Jewish friends..... and the beliefs of that atheist guy......

Starting a thread that attacks ANYONES beliefs is a dick move......

15-Dec-17
Big Bear, you might want to slow down and read every word, otherwise you end up confused.

When someone says things like "much of islam..." and "if the radical muslims have it their way..." and even goes so far as to list other muslims among the victims of the radical ones - and you accuse that person of being "bigoted" and "holding all Muslims accountable for the violence of radical Islamic terrorists", you're either deliberately misrepresenting what they said, or just bad at reading comprehension.

And if you are implying that I have ever started a thread attacking anyone's beliefs, please post a link to it. If it doesn't exist, it would be nice to clarify that you weren't implying that.

15-Dec-17
Nope.... I'm in no way implying that you have ever started an attack on others beliefs......

That was a response to your statement that there are a lot of Christians here... and starting threads that overtly attack them is a dick move....

I hope you will join me in pointing out when those Christians overtly attack the Muslim religion... or the atheists beliefs (or lack of beliefs)...... here on the Community Forum.....

15-Dec-17
Overtly attack? As in car bomb, airplanes, and throwing people off mineretts?

When an athiest posts in a forum dominated by believers, what reaction would they expect? Or are the posts merely to incite?

Funny, I've been here a long time and don't recall any post started to incite or bash atheists. Can't say the same about anti Christian posts. Usually started by some troll or liberal that ended up being "poofed". If you are a veteran here you would know what that means.

15-Dec-17
I've only been here since 1995. You can sit on your side of the aisle and think that you are all alter boys on that side of the aisle.... but there are guys on your side of the isle here that regularly bash all Muslims.....

That's like blaming all Christians for the murderous bombings of abortion clinics carried out by the terrorist organization..... Army of God. (Christians)

15-Dec-17
When an atheist posts in a forum dominated by believers... what reaction would they expect ??

Well... to quote AZOnecam....

"I have a deep respect for anyone who lives their lives in an honest way, adhering to what beliefs they hold dear".....

15-Dec-17
Someone mentioned that I attacked Christianity and that I ought to change my name so as to not offend anyone here. Apparently you didn’t get the memo that only snowflakes get offended. Oh wait. I would never attack anyone’s beliefs. I will laugh at you and mock you as you profess to be a Christian and then conduct yourself in ways that are anti Christian. I will point out the hypocrisy of organized religion and I will also admire your strong faith and devotion to something that you can never prove exists. It’s certainly impressive.

16-Dec-17
Well, there you have it. Can it be made any more clear cut than that?

16-Dec-17
Biden is not showing compassion, he's grieving over his son's death. Don't confuse the two emotions just for political gain.

16-Dec-17
I believe there is as much sincerity in that moment as an inveterate polished politician has in him. Nor to I believe McCain and he are relatively close.

16-Dec-17
" I will point out the hypocrisy of organized religion and I will also admire your strong faith and devotion to something that you can never prove exists. "

-Hypocrisy is a human trait, not a doctrinal element. (Doctrine can be overtly conflicting or seemingly conflicting, though.) It's curious how "hypocrisy" is so oft cited against religion but so, well, expected in every other aspect of life. For instance, in religion, people will claim hypocrisy in the church is the reason they don't believe. However, I've never heard the same people swear an allegiance to poverty and unemployment because the job market is so replete with the hypocrisy. Nor people swearing off of marriage because spouses are hypocrites. Etc, ad nauseum. I can't speak for other religions but, one of the reason the pews are occupied on Sundays is because the folks in them, at least, acknowledge their flaws.

As for proof, anyone believing in logic and science must conclude there is a God. For instance, if one believes in the Big Bang and Einstein's Theory of Relativity, one can only conclude that something with the attributes of what/who we call God must have pre-existed time, space and matter. Now, if that God is the Christian God or not, well, that requires further explanation. I am satisfied by historical evidence that it is Christian God, though, for the sake of a LOGICAL baseline of belief only, agnosticism is a rudimentary as is permissible.

16-Dec-17

16-Dec-17
Biden is not showing compassion, he's grieving over his son's death. Don't confuse the two emotions just for political gain.

16-Dec-17
You’re satisfied by historical evidence that it’s a Christian God? A bunch of Jews/Buddhists/Muslims/Hindus/Native Americans are going to take exception with that one. Please state which historical evidence shows you or proves to you this Christian God

16-Dec-17
atheist. You are a FRAUD. I'm not buying in to you being an atheist. I'm thinking it's just another lie from you. One of MANY.

16-Dec-17
I remember an old scifi story about a man and his family who are non-believers in a fully govt. controlled society who come upon bad times. Their supposed friends and the govt abandons them, out of monetary credits they are starving.. He looks for God to find the equivalent of a internet site to speak to God. After talking to a nice computer prompt for a while he waits for an answer, some assistance, gets none. Fast forward to a meeting with friends colleagues, etc. Everyone is so pleased to see him and his family again but alas, an arm is missing.....

In a Godless ,faithless world were folks rely only upon themselves, their government, technology (e.g. internet) not the grace of others through God, what other outcome could one expect.....

16-Dec-17
Everyone knows that George Burns is God...............

16-Dec-17
That a man named Jesus of Nazareth lived is universally accepted scholarship. That he prophesied and ran afoul of the Jews is universally accepted scholarship. That he was crucified is universally accepted. Jesus lived, taught and was murdered. Historians of all religious stripes concede that point.

His resurrection is certainly more debated. However, there is overwhelming circumstantial evidence to make the case the resurrection occurred. Take the disciples, for instance, as recorded in the texts, they scattered at and after his trial. Those very same men all lived buggered, impoverished lives and died horrible deaths after proclaiming to have seen him risen. What would it take for you die like that? I have not heard a plausible explanation that is remotely rational for such behavior beyond they were assured that He had risen. Again, use your commonsense.

"A bunch of Jews/Buddhists/Muslims/Hindus/Native Americans are going to take exception with that one."

-First, truth does not rely on acknowledgement or agreement from anyone, me included. Gravity was still gravity before Newton... But, interesting you bring up the Jews and the Muslims. Both religions corroborate the existence of Jesus. As you would expect, they don't agree on how to handle His resurrection. The Jews say he died but the body was stolen away from the guarded tomb and the Koran claims Jesus never actually died on the cross but, somehow, lived through the experience. Of the above, an omission is most proving to me. Christians were reviled by Jews. The Jewish priests had quite a vested interest in revealing the corpse of Christ. Why did they not? Why the doctrine of the stolen body instead of the proof of the disinterred prophet?

16-Dec-17
It's really ironic that, between the Torah and the Koran, they tell the full story of the resurrection.:) A certain crucifixion with specious death claims juxtaposed to a specious crucifixion with a certain life beyond.

16-Dec-17
So what about Bhudists and Hindus ? They don't believe in God, do they ?

16-Dec-17
How about Chinese Folk Religion or Shintu in Japan ?? They believe in multitudes of Gods, don't they ?

16-Dec-17
So what? If Jesus did not rise, what about Christians? I and they'll be wrong in their theology.

Right and wrong are inescapable. Be it atheism, agnosticism, Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, pantheism, etc., some will be right and some will be wrong. So what?

16-Dec-17
Exactly.... No big deal. Live and let live....... (Unless you're hunting of course)....

16-Dec-17
Actually, it is a huge deal.

"Live and let live??" To my knowledge, no one but the some radical Muslims are arguing death for infidels. Your statement makes no sense.

16-Dec-17
They're terrorists and criminals..... They don't believe in live and let live......

16-Dec-17
So when you say 'live and let live," you're only addressing radical Muslims. That makes sense.

16-Dec-17
Everyone should live and let live..... but we all know that isn't how the world exists..... There is pure evil in the world..... lots of it.

17-Dec-17
Big Bear: but there are guys on your side of the isle here that regularly bash all Muslims... I personally do not have any side of the isle except that of Christ Yahshua and I have no bias against any person regardless of skin color . That said I am not so ignorant of fact to no recognize the fact that Qureanic scripture teaches to cut the throats of infidels and that an infidel according the that same teaching are all who will not proclaim Allah as god . If this makes me and other understanding people anti Muslim so be it and facts be damned. If Muslim and Islam are one , and I believe that they are and only differ in degree, which I have little doubt that they do not differ in what they believe rather only in how Islam is implemented as long as the caliphate is established. Then again so be it. I will state that we will all see this and come into agreement with what I know about Islam and Muslims in the near futute but for most it will be way too late. The woman in red in scripture rides on the back of the beast. What happens. The beast (government which I believe is Islam) turns and kills her. The beast always hated the woman in red. She was just too ignorant to know that and made league with her. Mess with the Devil and He kills his own./

God bless, Steve

17-Dec-17
So you are telling me that the Muslim Police Officers that I work with who put their lives on the line every day to enforce the laws of the State of Michigan..... Their religion is telling them to cut my throat.....

I don't study religion but I can tell you that's not what they believe.......

17-Dec-17
In order to understand Islam and Muslims you will need to read the Koran.

17-Dec-17
Why do I need to understand Islam and Muslims ?? If a guy I work with lives a completely law abiding life in the United States.... was born in the U.S., is a U.S. Citizen..... I really don't care what their religion is.... The Muslim guys I work with have the same chance of becoming a terrorist as I do- ZERO.....

All I need to know about radical Islamic terrorists is they want to murder everyone in our country ....... Is there anything more I need to understand. ???

17-Dec-17
nope, enjoy

17-Dec-17
Bear, these guys tend to live in a tight little box of their beliefs. Do anything to change those beliefs and their brains literally warp into something so painful they lash out like they’re doing now.

17-Dec-17
atheist. You are a FRAUD, and a wanna be atheist. 8^)

17-Dec-17
Big Bear, a theory abounds that Muslims tolerate the murderous radicals because they are actualizing the doctrine - globally, not necessarily down to the individual. I don't ascribe to the theory but there must be a rational explanation why personal freedom does not coexist anywhere Islam is politically viable. My thoughts are that it boils down to the 3% rule. The committed 3% of any population will control the society. In the case of Islam, roughly 10% are radicalized.

Atheist, I pity you. I really do. You are demonstrably self-loathing.

17-Dec-17
Atheist, with all due respect, I don't see anyone here trying to change anyone's beliefs, but you. I see a lot of explaining, self-examination.

"Do anything to change those beliefs.." Your words. What's your motivation to change someone's beliefs? From a Christian perspective, I see it quite a bit. They are trying to "save lost soles". Lots of stuff in the new testament encourages that.

I get how a Christian would want to preach or teach, but what exactly is the goal of changing the belief system of Christians into non-belief?

I certainly have my own theories, but I'd rather hear you explain it.

17-Dec-17
Owl... What percentage of Catholic Priests rape little boys. A theory exists that there has been systemic denial of it in the Catholic religion..... Do you hold all Catholics accountable for the actions of those priests ??

17-Dec-17
I certainly hold the Catholic church responsible for the cover-up. They are accessories to the crimes. But for you to reply in such a way tells me you totally missed my point. You are being way too defensive. Let me ask you a question. Where does freedom to the extent we enjoy in America also exist in politically viable Muslim nations? Name 1.

17-Dec-17
Owl... I am a simple man and probably did miss your point.. I don't comprehend much of what you say...

No Muslim nations enjoy the freedoms we enjoy... maybe that's why Muslims want to come to America.... to be free...

Much like someone would try to come to the USA from Cuba...

If someone has pledged allegiance to ISIS and is a radical Islamic Terrorist... they are the enemy of the USA and should be killed by us in a war they started on 09-11.....

But to hold law abiding Muslim citizens of the United States accountable for the actions of radical Islamic terrorists to me is wrong.....

17-Dec-17
I'm really not a political person... but couldn't you say the same thing about Iraq ?? Have they enjoyed the same freedoms we do in the USA ??

You wouldn't hold the Chaldean Catholic Arabs from Iraq accountable for the actions of Suddam Hussein.... right?? I also happen to work with 2 Chaldeans.... One who was born in Baghdad.......

They are just as Patriotic American's as you and I.... and strap on a bullet proof vest every day to protect our great nation.....

19-Dec-17
I'm with you Big Bear. People in my family died fighting the Nazi's.

19-Dec-17
It seems to me that people who generalize about entire races or religions, based on the actions of a few radicals, are just as dangerous as the radicals themselves.

Matt

19-Dec-17
Big Bear: But to hold law abiding Muslim citizens of the United States accountable for the actions of radical Islamic terrorists to me is wrong..

I certainly agree with this statement and am not holding any race responsible. I hold a religion that teachs people to murder anyone that does not agree with that religion responsible. Islam does in fact teach this and teaches it strongly/ How in the world are we supposed to know which Muslim actually adheres to their teaching and which do not? For instance your supposed friends. They might be your friend today and have an Imam call them to Jihad tomorrow/. Explain the Anaheim murders/ all those people just held a party for the mans wife and he had worked with those people for years and was really friendly to them all. Islam does not demand unfriendliness. It demands complete adherance to Islam and to the Queran.

God bless and Merry Christmas, Steve

19-Dec-17
"I hold a religion that teachs people to murder anyone that does not agree with that religion responsible. Islam does in fact teach this and teaches it strongly."

Nonsense. It does no such thing. Quite listening to Hannity, et all, who have no interest in providing the context in which those Quran versus were written.

Matt

19-Dec-17
How are we supposed to know that a U.S. Citizen will abide by the laws of the United States of America ?? We trust that they will... They have earned that trust by lawfully becoming a citizen of the United States....

They get the same trust from us to lawfully obey our laws that Dylan Roof had.....

What race and religion is Dylan Roof ?? Do we now cut off everyone of the same race and religion as him ?? Maybe that nut burger thought his God told him to walk into a church and pray with people... and then shoot them all.....

19-Dec-17
There are about 3.3 million Muslims living peacefully in the United States.....About 1% of the U.S. Population......

What do you want to do Sixby,, kick them out of the U.S.A. ?

19-Dec-17
I mentioned above that I respect anyone’s decisions to pray to whoever or whatever you want. Just don’t shove it in my face. I’m not attempting to dissuade you or anyone else. My thought is that logic and reason and science hold more weight than an invisible deity. Simple.

19-Dec-17

19-Dec-17
I've worked with 2 different guys that very much shoved their religion in everyone's face,, both of them Christians.....Like Onecam said,, it is encouraged in their religion to "save lost soles"......

I've never had anyone of any other faith that were so pushy about their religion..... and I don't think it's appropriate at the workplace........

One of those guys was a civilian tech back when I was in the Navy. They ended up telling him to knock off pushing his religion on everyone or he was going to be fired......

19-Dec-17
pooor alt-lefties gettin all bowed-up over religion, precious

19-Dec-17
Big Bear:What do you want to do Sixby,, kick them out of the U.S.A. ?

Answer. Every one of them that b elieves in Sharia should be taken back to the country that they came from. Sharia Law in not in any way consisting with any Western values and there is no reason to allow it to take hold in the USA/ So my answer is this. If said Muslim advocates Sharia. Yes Kick them out. They will never truly meld into this society. Truth is. I'm detecting more disrespect for Christians on here than I am for Muslims/ Your diatribe turns to anti Christian and anti Christ every time we enter into this discussion. Christians do not believe in killing anyone , much less someone just because they do not believe like we do/. Muslims do. You can attack Christ Jesus all you want. He can take care of himself. Attack Allah and see what happens. Muslims will kill you for simply drawing a picture of Mohammed. Ask the survivors of Charlie Hebdo./ God bless, Steve

19-Dec-17
No citizen of the U.S.A. Is living under Sharia Law. Period.

The only thing I am "Anti".... is anyone of any faith pushing their religion on others.... Period.

19-Dec-17
BB-hahaaha....do you live in MI ,or just breathe there?

• Sitka Gear