butcherboy 18-Dec-17
Hunting5555 18-Dec-17
HDE 18-Dec-17
Annony Mouse 18-Dec-17
Hunting5555 18-Dec-17
17-Dec-17

IdyllwildArcher's Link

17-Dec-17
Got a little behind in his work. (Yes it's not PC but I couldn't help myself, or didn't want to)

17-Dec-17
Tragic. I imagine he bled out really quickly. One of of my wife's classmates got his leg ripped off in a grain auger. He lived but barely.

17-Dec-17
Yikes..... we had a guy up here helping his buddy get his boat out of the water for winter this year....

He was in the water rocking the boat while the boat owner reved the engine to get it on the trailer...

He severed his buddies leg with the boat prop and the guy bled out and died.........

17-Dec-17
i bet the ground meat is extra spicy like habanero.

18-Dec-17
Waste grinder...more like waist grinder.

18-Dec-17
I don’t have anything that big at my plant but I do have stuff that will crush, grind, slice, or cut off in the blink of an eye. I always have to watch new employees and remind the old ones not to stick their hand down in the grinder, keep your fingers away from that saw blade, don’t reach inside the tenderizer machine!

Poor guy and that’s a traumatic way to go.

18-Dec-17
We had a guy around here that got both arms ripped off in a silage blower. It basically pulled them off. Because of that, there was very little blood loss. My cousin walked into the emergency room while he was there, and the guy was laying on the bed like nothing happened and very little blood to be seen. The Dr's were working on him to send him to a trauma hospital. He should never have made it to the hospital alive as far away as he was, but the way it happen seemed to constrict all the blood vessels.

Building cabinets with my dad, there's not a time I run the table saw that I don't think about how quick it could remove my hand!!!

18-Dec-17
Rotating steel under power will never, ever apologize...

18-Dec-17
While running the organ transplant lab at PCMH in NC, we had a man that had been caught between two trucks. He survived, but I will never forget the name of the surgery that saved his life: hemicorpectomy---removal of the lower half of his body.

Am sure Henry can confirm, but there are always stories from the farming community of someone loosing life or limb getting caught in an active PTO of farm implements.

18-Dec-17
Mouse, you are correct, although it doesn't happen as much as it used to. Those plastic sleeves you see around a PTO shaft any more are on bearings so they can spin separate from the shaft. If they are working correctly, you can reach down and grab them and they will stop spinning while the shaft continues. Have heard of cases where they didn't stop like they should........

• Sitka Gear