onX Maps
Kudo To Kaine
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Woods Walker 19-Dec-17
Thumper 20-Dec-17
19-Dec-17

Woods Walker's Link
"Tim Kaine asked for details on Senate sexual harassment claims, but was denied."

WASHINGTON : The Congressional Office of Compliance on Monday denied a request by Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) for details on taxpayer-funded settlements paid out on behalf of senators or staff members accused of sexual harassment.

Susan Tsui Grundmann, executive director of the office that responds to workplace misconduct complaints in Congress, told Kaine there may be inaccurate or incomplete records regarding the number of claims filed or why cases resulted in settlement, so she did not want to provide any of it.

"The OOC does not possess reliable information regarding the number of sexual harassment claims that have been filed or settled, the identities or positions of the individuals alleged to have committed sexual harassment, or why the parties reached settlements,” Grundmann said.

Now I did not vote for Kaine, and am probably on the opposite side of him on many issues, but for this I give the man credit, because this crap is INTOLERABLE. This has GOT to stop and we need to know WHO got paid WHAT with OUR money.

And our government then says that they have no "reliable" record of what was paid out to whom? Are they kidding?? Let one of us try that with the IRS and see how far we get.

"Oh, you have no records? No problem then we'll just calculate that you owe the government what we THINK you owe us plus penalties and interest so just leave us the keys to your home as you won't be living there any longer. Thank you and have a good day."

20-Dec-17
I could see not releasing the victims names maybe.

• Sitka Gear