Contributors to this thread:
NvaGvUp 22-Dec-17
BIG BEAR 22-Dec-17
Owl 22-Dec-17
DL 22-Dec-17
'Ike' (Phone) 22-Dec-17
Bowfreak 22-Dec-17
22-Dec-17
OK, lots of college kids leave school early to Go Pro, but this is the first time I've ever heard of a High School kid doing so to play football at the college level.

Per ESPN:

"No. 1 QB recruit JT Daniels skipping senior year, enrolling at USC"

Now, to the kid's credit, he already had enough credits to graduate. But USC????

C'mon, JT, if you are smart enough to graduate HS a year early, you could have signed with Stanford, where you'd get a real education, rather than signing with the perpetually cheating school known as USC, otherwise known as the University for Spoiled Children

22-Dec-17
Most College football players don't really care about their College education.... They choose the best option to fast track them to the NFL..... note I said MOST.... not ALL....

22-Dec-17
Could be a decision worth millions, particularly if he knows he will redshirt. Ostensibly, 1 more year in the pros. He's also creating buzz, which, for better or worse, is a good marketing move.

22-Dec-17

DL's Link
I would have thought he would have gone to Norte Dame. Catholic school. I didn’t think I would see a team give De La Salle a whoopin but they did. Maybe he wanted to go to school close to home. A junior that’s 6’2” and 205. Yeah he’s the real deal

22-Dec-17
We had a young man do that, Cam Smith with USC...He'll graduate with his degree next summer and probably be a 3rd round Linebacker pick in the draft coming up...

22-Dec-17
Not uncommon at all in basketball. Kids do it every year. Marvin Bagley reclassified this year and enrolled at Duke to play basketball.

• Sitka Gear