Annony Mouse 16-Jan-18
Annony Mouse 19-Jan-18
Annony Mouse 19-Jan-18
foxbo 20-Jan-18
Annony Mouse 20-Jan-18
Annony Mouse 20-Jan-18
05-Jan-18

DL's Link
It’s hard to believe there are people out there this screwed up, but here are some. They must pass out in the summer when all the insects hit their windshields. They need to be put out if their misery.

05-Jan-18
This is what happens when you can’t put the bong down.

05-Jan-18
A bunch of head cases.

05-Jan-18
It really is a sign of our entitled society. When our society got "cultured" to the point it no longer recognized the advantage to humble itself to the creator, it has began to make up idols to worship. Along with this naive nature comes the entitlement of a cultured society. Resulting in Americans having the time to do what these people do. Which means someone else is paying for their food, board etc....

So, if we do not repent and turn from our ways, God's judgement will come I don't see that happening anytime soon either. Life has simply been to easy for American's to truly want to change. We have made murdering babies legal, have Embraced non Biblical living, and blatantly told God to get out, for too long. It's going to take a real rock bottom experience for the majority to return this country to its founding.

This bizarre action and group is just one small example of what Americans have begin to do instead of being productive citizens. And, its going to get worse until life fixes it for us. In other word, you reap what you sow. God Bless men

05-Jan-18
LOL, my wife and I are sitting on the back porch this very minute with the fire pit blazing away. Them oak logs are crackling and popping wonderful. Too bad those people crying over firewood have never enjoyed a good campfire. Don't know what their missing.

05-Jan-18
My wife is a 911 operator...... she took a 911 call the other day..... the lady called 911 because she couldn't get her phone out of airplane mode.

05-Jan-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

05-Jan-18
Noise pollution.......

05-Jan-18
At least half the people in this country are crazy. I just hope they don't all apply for a govt check. :)

05-Jan-18
That video has been around awhile. Sad nonetheless

05-Jan-18
2X trub! A CLASSIC example too!

05-Jan-18
Well, I don't know............EARTH FIRST has a nice ring to it.

The company where I worked for 40 years had a bumper sticker that started with those words, and we all really liked it.

The company was CATERPILLAR and the plant where I worked produced the bulldozers from the D6 through the D11, including the D11 Carrydozer, rated at 900+ HP, 504 gallon fuel tank, carried 50+ cubic yards on the blade, and ripped through solid rock.

The entire bumper sticker read 'EARTH FIRST, WE'LL MINE THE OTHER PLANETS LATER'

06-Jan-18
If they want to mourn something they should mourn for the taking of human lives.

But, they have the right to be crazy if they choose.

06-Jan-18
They don't know what hardship is.

But then again, I know of a group of people that do something similar and are "applauded"...

06-Jan-18
"The entire bumper sticker read 'EARTH FIRST, WE'LL MINE THE OTHER PLANETS LATER'"

I used to have one on my truck said "Earth first we'll LOG the other planets later".

06-Jan-18
Then there’s these crazies “Transgender Woman Is Upset with Straight Guys, Says They Won’t Date Her Because They’re Insecure and Weak”.

06-Jan-18
This is Biblical level depravity. So is DL's reference. To quote a favorite character, Sheriff Ed Tom Bell (No Country For Old Men), "You can't make that up. I dare you to try."

06-Jan-18
These MF!ers are crazy

07-Jan-18
Almost Half of DACA Aliens Can Barely Speak English, 25% ‘Functionally Illiterate’

The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) tells us that nearly half of illegal aliens who are eligible for DACA have only a “basic” proficiency of the English language and 24 percent are considered “below basic” or “functionally illiterate.” This blows away the claims of the Left that Dreamers are productive members of our society, when it appears most don’t want to assimilate at all.

CIS research director Steven Camarota says illegal aliens tend to overstate their English skills in order to take advantage of the system, while tests reveal the truth:

Even those numbers could exaggerate the level of assimilation. As mentioned above, a high-school diploma has become so commonplace among today’s youth (due in large part to watered-down standards) that it is no longer a strong indicator of skills. Similarly, CIS research has shown that immigrants tend to overstate their English ability. When Hispanic immigrants, who make up some 80 to 90 percent of DACA recipients, recently took an objective test of English literacy, 44 percent of those who said they speak English “well” or “very well” actually scored “below basic” — a level sometimes described as functional illiteracy. Based on test-takers with the required age and residency, I estimate that perhaps 24 percent of the DACA-eligible population fall into the functionally illiterate category and another 46 percent have only “basic” English ability.

Other studies reveal even more problems caused by Obama’s DACA program. The Congressional Budget Office reported that 1 in 5 DACA-eligible illegal aliens would be on food stamps in under a decade. Harvard’s Roberto Gonzales told CIS that 73 percent of DACA recipients are living in low-income housing and reap welfare benefits plus more from taxpayers. Breitbart reported that only 4 percent of DACA illegals complete college, “[M]aking the DACA population far less likely than the native American population to finish college with a degree.”

For illegal aliens, the American Dream is a free ride — or at least, it has been. President Trump has called an end to DACA and will pull the plug in late MAGA, er, March.

But...but...they bring so much value to this country (Democrat votes).

07-Jan-18
NO! I hope that answers the OP's question!

08-Jan-18
Well I suppose if its gonna get better, it will have to start with "me". That goes for everyone else on here. Today when you walk out the door, be the best person you can be. Start off with a New testament version of the bible and go from there. Without it things will head south fast...look around if you think I'm wrong.

08-Jan-18
I hit the send button before I was finished.....so today i'll work on me, because "me" could use a little fine tuning....you all do the same.

11-Jan-18
Obviously, there is a growing market for the creation of safe spaces...an investment opportunity?

SJW Book Burners Target ‘MASH’, ‘Taxi’, ‘WKRP,’ ‘Cheers,’ Pepé Le Pew

(Note: link contains internal links)

The New York Post’s Ruth Brown has declared a number of classic sitcoms, and one beloved cartoon character, problematic in this age of The New Enlightenment.

Using words and phrases like “worst offenders,” “sexual predator,” “grossly inappropriate,” and “shouldn’t be shown to kids,” Brown has selected MASH, Taxi, Cheers, WKRP in Cincinnati, and even Pepé Le Pew for a little time in Room 101.

Overall, though, what Brown and those she interviews (all one-sided) truly reveal is a lack of empathy, and a blindspot when it comes to the wonderful complexities of human nature, adult relationships, subtext, and humor.

MASH

We will begin with Brown’s shallow criticism of Abyssinia, Henry, a justly-famous 1975 episode of MASH that bid farewell to McLean Stevenson’s Henry Blake. The episode’s thoughtcrime is described in this way…

“But right before Blake leaves to return to his wife and kids,” Brown writes, as though adultery is suddenly a sin among leftists, “he grabs nurse Maj. Margaret Houlihan and forcibly kisses her as a gag in front of their cheering colleagues.”

At this point I am going to ask everyone to behave like adults and actually watch the scene, which you can do right here starting at 18:40 mark.

A few facts…

Like most sitcoms, MASH had a laugh track, which is removed here. This is important because, although there is all kinds of humor in the scene, the creators saw it as human drama. Blake was a beloved character who shared complicated relationships with everyone in the 4077th, and other than Jake Tapper– er, I mean Frank Burns, this is a time for closure.

Blake’s relationship with Margaret ‘Hot Lips’ Houlihan over 73 episodes has been mostly one of conflict. Although this would change as the series wore on, at this point she is still a shrill, humorless hypocrite.

Look at Houlihan’s face after Blake tells Frank to “Take it easy.” This is called character development. Despite all her bad behavior, we are finally seeing her humanity. Almost when it is too late, she realizes she is going to miss this man. Moreover, as he walks away, you can see she wants to say something, but doesn’t. She is looking for closure.

Now watch the kiss. While it is true he does not ask permission or have her sign a release form, the kiss between the two of them is consensual, is at long last two people coming to an understanding, admitting that beneath all the swordplay they have a real affection and respect for one another. Hot Lips doesn’t scream “Well, I never!” Instead, for a long time she looks him in the eyes to say goodbye.

This all culminates when the news of Blake’s death is reported and Houlihan is the only one who breaks down and cries.

Revealing an astonishing shallowness, Brown dismisses the early seasons of this show in this way, “But he, and the other men, also terrorized Loretta Swit’s Houlihan — who they called “Hot Lips” — and other nurses with sleazy, handsy come-ons.’

To begin with, Hot Lips was not “terrorized” because she was a woman. Both she and Burns were terrorized equally as stand-ins for the weak-willed, skinny-lipped oppressors in the Establishment.

Moreover, with the obvious exception of Houlihan, all of the women in the 4077th are portrayed as strong, capable women who can handle themselves when faced with a come-on or joke. These are sympathetic women who understand why these men act the way they do, who do not need to tattle to control their own environment, and who themselves are a lot of fun to be around.

All of the so-called sexism in the early seasons is not about okaying sexism. Rather, it is about the subtext involving the pressures of war; men and women acting as though they might not live another day, doing whatever they can not to crack under the strain of the carnage.

In the later seasons, as Alan Alda gained more creative control, he basically turned Hawkeye Pierce into Frank Burns — a self-righteous, humorless, preachy, opinionated ass. The first three seasons, however, are pure gold.

As is the movie.

Taxi

This is, by far, the least insightful thoughtcrime on our docket.

In episode ten of season four, Louie Goes Too Far, the lecherous Louie De Palma (a fantastic Danny DeVito) is fired after Elaine (a wonderful Marilu Henner) discovers he has been using a peephole to watch her change clothes. During the episode’s lengthy final scene, the two of them have it out. He ends up revealing a piece of his humanity by explaining why he is the way he is — the humiliation he endured as a child due to his size and girth, how such things can twist a person — and then they hug it out. You can watch the moment at right around the 19 minute mark here.

But Brown explains the episode’s final moment in the most narrow-minded way imaginable…

“The pair make amends and embrace — until Louie uses the hug as a chance to grab Elaine’s butt, while the laugh track again goes wild,” she writes.

No, no, no, no. no…

Yes, Louie grabs Elaine’s butt, but she slaps his hand away and laughs with the recognition (and a bit of resignation) that Louie is who he is. The grope also removes the awkwardness and tension that is sure to come between them after this baring of souls — it resets their relationship to normal, but two crucially important things have still happened.

1) Louie is changed. He will never go that far again (and doesn’t).

2) Elaine not only better understands him, she accepts him for who he is, flaws and all.

3) I can’t believe I have to remind people of this, but Louie is the lech, not the hero. No one is being asked to approve of his behavior. Quite the opposite. Are we now only allowed to laugh at people when they behave appropriately? What a sterile, stiff world that would be.

Finally, the power dynamic in their relationship is forever altered. She got him fired. He knows this. As does the rest of the male crew. But her power does not come from vengeance (his banishment), it comes from drawing boundaries, forgiving him, and accepting him.

In this iconic episode, Elaine is revealed as a strong and decent woman who does not abuse her power like some fascist shrew, but uses it in a benevolent way that protects both her and accepts him.

This is one of the smartest sitcom episodes ever produced.

WKRP in Cincinnati

This throughtcrime is just plain stupid.

Anyone who remembers this fantastic sitcom remembers Jennifer Marlow, the jaw-droppingly sexy receptionist played by the jaw-droppingly sexy Loni Anderson — I mean, holy moly.

Here is Brown’s idea of this particular sitcom’s alleged crime….

Garishly dressed Herb Tarlek (Frank Bonner) is the office sleaze at the fictional rock radio station on “WKRP in Cincinnati,” where the married sales manager constantly hits on unreceptive blond-bombshell receptionist Jennifer Marlowe (Loni Anderson).

“How about this: hop into a pair of black leather skintights and we go bowling in Kentucky?” he tells her in one second-season episode of the show[.]

Jennifer always shoots Herb down with withering zingers — but he always comes back for more.

Is the fact that Herb is the “office sleaze” not a bit of a tell? He was the bad guy, the butt of most of the jokes, the person we are not supposed to identify with.

And then there is this tiny fact… Jennifer Marlowe held all of the power at that radio station, not just because men lost their ability to think at the sight of her, but because she was smarter than most everyone else.

“I’d love to travel back in time to represent this woman to sue the entire company,” one of Brown’s joy-challenged interview subjects says.

Sorry to bust your bubble, princess, but Jennifer Marlowe was a strong, independent woman who did not need anyone’s help. She got the best of everyone, defined her job duties in ways to protect her dignity (she would neither fetch or even make coffee), and by the end of the series, she and Herb became friends.

Rather than suing him, she made him a better man (by finally agreeing to a date, which he chickens out on — which leads him to solve a drinking problem). This is how real people with character and tolerance are supposed to interact with one another.

Cheers

Declaring Cheers a thoughtcrime is basically the act of declaring romantic pursuit a thoughtcrime. You have to read this in order to believe it…

Womanizing bar manager Sam Malone (Ted Danson) relentlessly pursues his new barmaid, Diane Chambers (Shelley Long) — including pulling her into an unexpected kiss in the fourth episode, forcing her to judo throw him off her.

A similar pattern repeats when Diane is replaced by Rebecca Howe (Kirstie Alley), although this time she is Sam’s boss — not that that makes it any better if the advances are unwanted, Richman notes.

“You can be harassed by not only coworkers, but third parties and people that are below you,” he says.

What is Cheers about?

Ask yourself that very important question. What is this iconic and brilliant sitcom about.

It is only about one thing… How the women around Sam Malone make Sam Malone a better man.

Diane and Rebecca open the eyes and horizons of an egotistical hound dog. Without screaming for the police or government — without neutering Sam into a whimpering metrosexual pajama boy — two strong, independent women bring out the best in him.

Now imagine what Malone’s opinion of women would have become had they proved how weak, helpless, and unequal they are by calling the authorities for help.**

Pepé Le Pew

As if to prove she is everything sexist men believe women to be (shrill, emotional) Brown actually says this about a cartoon character, “But all of the previous fictional pervs pale in comparison to television’s most notorious sexual predator: Pepé Le Pew.”

“Sexual predator,” y’all.

And another of her one-sided interview subjects adds that these cartoons “shouldn’t be shown to kids.”

Yep, the same crowd eager to destroy the innocence of grade-schoolers with condom giveaways and kindergartners with lessons about homosexuality, want Pepé Le Pew banned.

Where to begin…

1) There is NOTHING SEXUAL about Mr. Le Pew. He is NOT a sexual predator. Intent still matters, no?

2) The whole premise of the series is that he is a self-involved romantic mistaking Penelope Pussycat for a fellow skunk.

3) The cartoon is a biting satire of clueless narcissism.

4) Pepé Le Pew is the butt of all the jokes, who always, always, always loses in the end — usually violently at the hands of his so-called victim.

5) What about the series of shorts where Pepé Le Pew gets a taste of his own medicine, when he is pursued by Penelope Pussycat? Is she now the sexual predator?

What we are witnessing here is the first stage of corporate fascism, of the New Book Burning through SJW scarlet lettering, the parade of horribles who, without any context, without any generosity, declare art dangerous and backwards… Where mere words and pictures are treated as criminal actions because I’m offended.… Where what is portrayed in fiction is itself a crime, regardless of the subtext or overall moral message. Where a single episode, as opposed to the entire artwork, is extrapolated so someone can scream WITCH.

The moral of these wonderful and timeless shows is that we are all imperfect, but we still have to do our best to get along, to accept one another (flaws and all) by recognizing even the humanity of a Louie De Palma. Running to the authorities is the last thing any decent person should want to do.

WARNING: These narrow-minded, provincial, humorless, corporate-funded prigs are the new Moral Majority. And these totalitarian crusades always begin the same way — with the certainty of all purifiers that they know what is best for us, and for The Children.

**Of course there are times when people should involve the authorities. Of course, if the harassment goes too far, if no understanding can be reached, if power is abused, people should take legal action. But above even begins to approach a situation where decent, strong, and empathetic people cannot work things out without the government or a lawyer.

11-Jan-18
Ruth Brown needs to watch THIS.......I remember seeing this on kids cartoons in the 50's!!! The music is phenomenal! Now when I watch this I think of Harvey Weinstein.

11-Jan-18
Alan Alda is so liberal he should have a condom named after him.

Better yet, he should represent the guys who purchase Viagra, as he has the personality of a limp dick. OK, I tried it a few times. :)

12-Jan-18
Via Moonbattery:

Academics Proclaim Numbers, Math, and Statistics to Be Racist, Propose Alternative

Three British professors bark that numbers “serve white racial interests” and are therefore bad:

Led by David Gillborn, a professor at the University of Birmingham, the professors argue that math serves white interests because it can “frequently encode racist perspectives beneath the facade of supposed quantitative objectivity.”

“Contrary to popular belief, and the assertions of many quantitative researchers, numbers are neither objective nor color-blind,” Gillborn and his team assert in their article for the journal Race, Ethnicity, and Education.

Because “data is often used to shut down, silence, and belittle equity work,” we need to replace statistics with “QuantCrit” (“quantitative analysis” + “critical race theory”).

[K]ey tenets of QuantCrit theory include realizing that math tends to legitimate existing racial inequalities, acknowledging that numerical analyses disadvantage minorities, and understanding how numbers play to the benefit of white interests.

Do you think 2 + 2 really does equal 4? Then you are a white supremacist, and as Oprah Winfrey would say, just have to die.

“Numbers are social constructs and likely to embody the dominant (racist) assumptions that shape contemporary society,” they write. As a consequence, they assert that “in many cases, numbers speak for White racial interests.”

The professors aspire to “expose and delegitimize the racist (and sexist, classist, hetero-normative, and ableist) assumptions, policies, and practices that are currently supported by the uncritical use of quantitative data,” presumably by replacing numbers, math, and statistics with QuantCrit.

Liberal academia is at war with sanity.

12-Jan-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Oh yes......progressive paradise.......

13-Jan-18
Citadel Researchers: Physically Fit Army Recruits Are Hard To Find, Especially In The South

The results of participation trophies and banning games such as dodgeball in schools. The social justice warriors are counting on the transgender recruits being physically and mentally fit.

Via Stars and Stripes:

The Army’s problem of finding physically fit recruits at a time of rising obesity in the United States is especially acute in the South — where it traditionally draws a high percentage of soldiers, a study published Wednesday finds.

Army recruits from Southern states are generally in poorer physical condition than those from other parts of the country, concluded researchers at The Citadel, a military college in Charleston, S.C.

“This has a real impact on national security,” said Daniel Bornstein, a researcher who led the study.

The regional distinction also suggests that government policy can influence fitness, and the South may be falling behind the rest of the country. “Some of the greatest public health achievements have come as the result of state-level policy change,” the study found.

Eleven states — Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia — had among the highest rates of recruits who become injured during basic training.

The results reflect trends in the nation where Southern states generally have higher obesity rates. Adult obesity is 35% or higher in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and West Virginia, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Lack of physical fitness and obesity contribute to a higher injury rate among soldiers in basic training. Each recruit lost to attrition costs the government $31,000, according to the study.

The study examined recruits who entered the Army between 2010 and 2013 and looked at initial physical tests, including timed runs, and injury rates after recruits get to basic training.

The struggle to find physically fit recruits is not new for the Army. Even during World War II only about 50% of young people were qualified to join. Today, the percentage has dropped to 23%.

That number also includes those not qualified because of other factors, such as a criminal record or lack of a high school diploma. But physical fitness remains a growing problem for the military.

(continued at link)

16-Jan-18

Annony Mouse's Link

17-Jan-18
Yes. I never see these people thankfully. I know several young Marine Corps officers. All in their middle 20's. I know a young man going through Phase II of BUD/S right now he is 24. They can all ace the PFT.

19-Jan-18

Annony Mouse's Link
Via IOTWReport:

HomeUncategorizedLeftwing Crisis – Trump Orders Census To Only Count Americans Leftwing Crisis – Trump Orders Census To Only Count Americans

January 19, 2018 BFH Uncategorized 32

This is a nightmare for the left. Obama allowed California to count illegal aliens in the census in order to boost their federal funding, which meant our tax dollars went to areas flooded with people whose “dream” in life is to parasitically absorb resources.

Trump is, pragmatically, reversing the Obama law in order to benefit America, not little Tijuana. This has other impacts, as well.

BPR-

The current Department of Justice sent a letter in December to the Census Bureau requesting that the citizenship question that was eliminated under the Obama administration be reinstated.

Even worse for Dems, it could cost the state one of its 53 seats in the U.S. House of Representatives. That seat was already in jeopardy according to a data study conducted last month that concluded California was coming “very close” to losing a seat, regardless of immigrant participation, Politico reported.

!snip!

This is why they loathe Trump, their loss of power, power that is built by leveraging people that do not belong here. Their kneecapping of Americans will end with Trump, especially if we give him 8 years

19-Jan-18
One really has to admire some of Trump's choices...

CFPB director a new hero on the right

By Rick Moran

The acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), former congressman Mick Mulvaney, has submitted a budget request that may be a first in the history of government.

The CFPB is an independent agency that receives its funding from the Federal Reserve. The director must submit a budget request to the Fed every quarter. The most recent budget request came from former director Richard Cordray, an Obama appointee. Cordray asked the Fed for $217 million.

But Mulvaney shocked official Washington by making a budget request for zero dollars. That's $0.00 in taxpayer funds.

more at link

20-Jan-18
A world without whites? The native Americans would have loved that as they'd still be in control of this continent for centuries to come, maybe forever.

20-Jan-18
MAGA is hope:

Eighteen Alaskans Died Because Feds Killed Plans For An Emergency Road. Trump Is Fixing That

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke will swap federal land with the Aleut of King Cove, Ak., on Jan. 22, answering decades of pleas from local officials to build a road on roughly 500 acres.

King Cove residents have pursued building an 11-mile, single-lane, non-commercial road between King Cove and the Cold Bay Airport for the past 35 years. In that time, at least 18 people have died from causes attributable to not having a road between the community and airport, according to documents obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

King Cove, population 989, occupies a remote peninsula in southern Alaska about 30 miles from Cold Bay, a town of 122 with the area’s only all-weather airport. The proposed road cuts through the 315,000-acre Izembek National Wildlife Refuge, designated in 1960. Congress declared 300,000 acres of the designation as federally protected wilderness in 1980.

King Cove officials have claimed the road is necessary to access the airport in special circumstances, namely medical emergencies. The community has a clinic without a full-time physician, so residents are forced to fly more than 600 miles to Anchorage for major injuries and medical procedures such as childbirth.

The Alaskan community has relied on ships, medevacs, a hovercraft and a small airport to shuttle people to Cold Bay. Nothing has been reliable or sustainable, however, due to Alaska’s extreme weather and the high cost of operating machines like a hovercraft.

In July 2007, two newborn twins died after the mother went into labor prematurely. She could not evacuate out of King Cove because no reliable method of transportation could take her through severe weather. Her babies were born weighing less than two pounds and died, one after a week and the other after two months.

Former President Barack Obama’s administration denied the Cold Bay/King Cove land connection in Dec. 2013. Then-Interior Secretary Sally Jewell said the road would cause “irreversible damage” to the refuge and wildlife.

Since 2013, 68 medevacs have evacuated King Cove residents to the airport for life threatening injuries or other immediate medical needs. Because the community is isolated, each medevac costs U.S. taxpayers as much as $210,000 a trip, TheDCNF has learned.

The roads’ supporters point to similar lanes constructed throughout the wilderness area in the 1940s for hunters. The population of black brant geese in the area increased from about 61,000 in 1941 to 86,000 five years later, despite being hunted eight weeks out of the year, according to documents obtained by TheDCNF.

Environmentalists have lobbied against the road as setting a bad precedent. Congress passed the 1964 Wilderness Act to bar most development and “permanent improvements” inside wilderness areas. The act contains a few exceptions, such as constructing temporary roads within wilderness to access existing mineral claims.

Though no president has allowed a wilderness road like the one requested by King Cove, the 1964 Wilderness Act gives the president the ability to authorize construction of “facilities needed in the public interest.”

20-Jan-18
More MAGAnomics...why spend money to buy land and build from scratch, when you can use the existing facilities? We all know that most politicians when given the chance to dig deep into taxpayer monies to spend, would spend spend spend.

Trump, OTOH, is a businessman and does what one does:

"a href="https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/01/reports-u-s-to-redesignate-jerusalem-consulate-as-embassy-in-2019/">Reports: U.S. to redesignate Jerusalem Consulate as Embassy in 2019

Smart business move: Why build new when you can renovate the existing.

Donald Trump’s announcement recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and ordering preparations to commence to relocate the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv, did not lead to the widespread violence that critics predicted. It has, however, caused the Palestinian Authority leader Mahmoud Abbas to lay bare his decades old anti-Semitism in a recent tirade, and to engage in a name calling spree against Trump.

The delay, to some uncertain future date, of the actual Embassy move was seen as making the recognition somewhat symbolic. And called into question whether it ever actually would happen.

Based on the language coming from the State Department, it appeared that the actual move would be at least several years away, as property needed to be acquired, plans drawn up, and construction commenced. That never made much sense, since the U.S. Consulate in Jerusalem easily could be redesignated as the Embassy, though expansion might be needed... (continued at link)

• Sitka Gear