HDE 16-Jan-18
orionsbrother 16-Jan-18
bad karma 17-Jan-18
HDE 17-Jan-18
Woods Walker 17-Jan-18
HA/KS 20-Jan-18
bad karma 21-Jan-18
11-Jan-18
Calling Haiti and other countries in Africa 'shitholes' is a new low for trump. Mia Love, someone highly respected has called for him to apologize, calling his words "unkind, divisive, elitist, and fly in the face of our nation's values." Some of you will find a way to justify this, but the fact remains, this president is a stone cold bigot.

Trump wants more people from countries like Norway. Now tell me, why would people from developed countries with great healthcare, superior education, better retirement programs and better infrastructure want to move the USA?

11-Jan-18
I've been to Haiti...it is a shit hole. If he said it, he's not lying. I personally don't care what he says. Actions mean more to me. Everyone of these shit holes has a common denominator... a corrupt government that dictates what the people will and won't do. Kind of reminds me of what the liberals in this country are vying for. You clowns won't be satisfied until the US becomes one of those shit holes.

11-Jan-18
Uh, perhaps because they ARE 'shitholes.'

Move your sorry azz there and you'll soon see.

11-Jan-18
Those places ARE shit holes, and who the F is Mia Love?

11-Jan-18
you maybe forgot that Haitians and Africans make up members of our gov't, our military, our governors and citizens. I'm sure our enlisted men and women of Haitian descent appreciate their Commander denigrating their family heritage Also, a number of trumps workers are Haitian and African.

Flashback to September 2016: Trump tells Haitian-American voters “I really want to be your biggest champion” You voted for and support a racist bigot. Admit it.

11-Jan-18
I've been to alot of Caribbean countries. Haiti is a tough place. Been there twice and it was depressing. Don't forget the U.S. has probably done more for Haiti in aid than most other countries. Every time I hear someone whine about something in the US being 3rd world...it's easy to laugh at them.

11-Jan-18
Mia Love is a rep from UT, formerly mayor of a town called Syracuse.

Looks like Ryan from Boone won 'eeny meany miney moe' of who will start the "Knothead Thread Du Jour".

Not only are those places like that are as described, there are US towns the same way, and oddly, ran by the democrat platform...

11-Jan-18
"'m sure our enlisted men and women of Haitian descent appreciate their Commander denigrating their family heritage Also, a number of trumps workers are Haitian and African." I would be willing to bet the men and women of Haitian descent agree with Trumps assessment. It seems the painty waists in this country have to continually find a cause to justify wearing their panties in a bunch constantly. get over it.

11-Jan-18
"you maybe forgot that Haitians and Africans make up members of our gov't, our military, our governors and citizens"

Wrong. They are AMERICANS in those roles.

Bless your heart.

11-Jan-18
those places are in dire need of help, for sure. But is this what we've become? Disparaging and name calling places? Where is the humanity? Class? Dignity? I've given up on the fact that trump will never be presidential. He can't, he never will. But lets not debase ourselves by saying its ok to speak this way. As Maya Angelou said, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."

11-Jan-18
If being presidential is what obama was, then being called presidential is an insult.

11-Jan-18
I agree with Mia, he should apologize. Being honest and being stupid are 2 different things.

We should look at the type of people we let into our country..but dont deny them because they come from a certain country. There are good and bad people in every country. Trump needs to learn to comtrol his mouth.

Funny thing though..we see how hypocritical the media is, Obama made several racist comments but was given a free pass by the media.

I wonder if those that bring Trump's faults to light were as eager to do the same for Obama?

Yes, there are some crappy countries but the good people that live there can't always help what their crappy governmnet does.

11-Jan-18
Hey Loser, Boone farms. How many Haitians you know? Ask them what they think of The Clinton's & Obama. Mad Dog

11-Jan-18
Many of the former "presidential types" wouldn't be caught dead reciting what they actually believe. Sounds like you're OK with lip service. As long as they say what you want to hear.

11-Jan-18
those countries are shitholes. trump told the truth. if you cant handle the truth check into one of those coping centers at one of the liberal universities.

11-Jan-18
I don't care where they come from. If any immigrant can't support himself and family, then why allow them into the Country? We're in debt up to our eyeballs. We can not afford more people on the government hand out. Call it like it is, a shit hole is a shit hole and we as Americans have no use for them here.

11-Jan-18
Today's Gospel according to Donald: "And Jesus said, whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers and sisters, that you do unto me...unless they're from one of those shithole countries!"

For the record: 43% of immigrants from “shithole” African countries have a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared to 33% of the overall American population.

Nigerian-Americans, for instance, have a median household income well above the American average.

trump is supposed to represent the best ideals of our American heritage.He's failing at that.

11-Jan-18
Ryan from Boone and they other bowlibs cry out for MAMA.

Making America Miserable Again!

11-Jan-18
Lmao!!!! Some people can't handle the truth

11-Jan-18
"For the record: 43% of immigrants from “shithole” African countries have a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared to 33% of the overall American population."

You should head them off at the pass and join them in Africa. You have Jesus's blessings. :)

11-Jan-18

Annony Mouse's Link
I wonder if all forms of liberalism is some sort of communicable disease? It seems that the mental aberration that seems to become associated with proregressivism is spreading world wide. Thank God that holding conservative views seems to provide some form of immunization from this unknown virus...

Switzerland and the lobster!

11-Jan-18
obama crashed and burned day 30 of his first term and went down from there.

He did not represent the best ideals of American Heritage.

11-Jan-18
Paul The Atheist From Connecticut: WHEN are you going to honor your word and leave the CF like you promised to do when Trump was elected?

That was YOUR low and you just keep lowering it. But how about answering my question?

11-Jan-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Sometimes the truth hurts............

11-Jan-18
Swiss just need to flash freeze lobsters before boiling, that way they don't know when they are in hot water.

Kind of like what the democrat party has done to the liberal snowflake crowd...

11-Jan-18
He’s always called it like he sees it...Plain and simple!

11-Jan-18
Well looky here. We have the number one LIAR on the Community Forum, doing what he does best, SWITCHING his name from atheist, to ryan from boone. atheist. You are a LYING FRAUD. Way to lose your ba!!s, and come back with a different name. Normal for a PHONY A$$. 8^))

11-Jan-18
Did Mia Love's parents immigrate here leaving Haiti because it was so great there? No, they abandoned their homeland Haiti because they thought it was a shithole, too.

11-Jan-18
SWITCHING his name from atheist, to ryan from boone. atheist.

Is that true? The basturd!!!

11-Jan-18

And that's just scratching the surface! Hesheit's got 30+ MORE identities, male AND female. That why we call it "Sybil", from the old Sally Field TV movie from the 70's.

11-Jan-18
Why does the SOB hang around there then?

11-Jan-18
Turns him/her/it on I guess. It's also a TEACHER, which is scary.

11-Jan-18
Sheeet.....ONLY 3??? Our Paul's got her beat X12!!!!

AlMarshallCTHunterpennylanemartymooseCarlRIMaveryHunterBradBarKeepBaseballFeverBuckhunterbuckhunterCactusJackFranklySpeakingJamesMurphyLobstah MergeLeftnevergiveupPHayesPSEBowPZsitting_bull13SpencerRothMikeV sarapodockeatingTightlinesResistBenGPatriotmaxhiltonheadAtheistRyanfromBoonPaulZeiden.........and I may have missed some!

11-Jan-18
So the apoplectic left poops their collective pants when Trump tells the truth. Get a sense of humor.

12-Jan-18
Well if you WANTED to be lied to...... no wonder these people liked Obama so much......

12-Jan-18
Make no mistake, Trump is not only against illegal immigration but rather he is against immigration of people who are not white. This has been made abundantly clear after his last statement. Acknowledging that and accepting it makes you complicit, and a fellow bigot.

12-Jan-18
atheist. You are a LYING FRAUD. Make no mistake. What happened to Boone? 8^) You can pick you democrats, a mile away. All you have to do is wait for them to say something stupid, and hang themselves, and POOF, atheist shows up to remove all doubt, just how IGNORANT a democrat can be. 8^)

12-Jan-18
shit·hole

?SHit?h?l/Submit noun vulgar slang an extremely dirty, shabby, or otherwise unpleasant place.

de·plor·a·ble

d??plôr?b(?)l/Submit adjective deserving strong condemnation. "the deplorable conditions in which most prisoners are held" synonyms: disgraceful, shameful, dishonorable, unworthy, inexcusable, unpardonable, unforgivable; shockingly bad in quality.

Looking for the difference. I know one was used by a presidential candidate to describe 50% of the American voters and the media did not go apocalyptic. In fact, not only did they carry the water for her, they filled the buckets.

To answer the question "Why does he hang around here?" He loves the attention and spittle lipped, fingers pecking furiously at the keyboard responses. If you(we) ignore him, he'll nervously scamper away.

12-Jan-18
Well, here's my take on it. When we have NO AMERICAN sleeping under a bridge, When we have NO AMERICAN going to bed hungry, When we have NO AMERICANS wanting for proper health care, THEN AND ONLY THEN, will I be for immigration. I, for one, am sick and tired of seeing my tax money being used to support people who demand they live better than the people who support them. The President only echoed what millions of Americans have been saying for decades.

12-Jan-18
Not one single person should be able to immigrate to this country unless they are going to be a net positive addition. I don't care where they are from, if they are going to be a lifelong leech they should not be here. I also am not willing to take a chance on any person from countries with known terrorist ties for any reason.

12-Jan-18

That should go without saying, and what should also go without saying is that if you do want to move here, then it must be done LEGALLY or not at all. That seems to be the part some people have a problem understanding.

12-Jan-18
"Make no mistake, Trump is not only against illegal immigration but rather he is against immigration of people who are not white. This has been made abundantly clear after his last statement. Acknowledging that and accepting it makes you complicit, and a fellow bigot."

I am a complicit deplorable!!!!! I don't want people from shithole countries ruining my country

12-Jan-18
Considering Trump is from NYC, he knows a thing or two about shitholes.

Matt

12-Jan-18
""Trump is not only against illegal immigration but rather he is against immigration of people who are not white. This has been made abundantly clear after his last statement. Acknowledging that and accepting it makes you complicit, and a fellow bigot. ""

Nonsense. That makes me a person who voted for a man that has USA interests his #1 priority. Very refreshing.

12-Jan-18
Would they be coming to America if their own countries WEREN'T "Shitholes"? I think not..

Trump is referring to the country proper, not the people. And for the record, I agree with Bowfreak...regardless of who or where you're from...if you don't have something positive to contribute by coming to America then you should get the door slammed in your face. If we keep allowing this sift of a border and immigration before you know it other countries will be referring to us as the "shithole".

12-Jan-18
Fake news he didn't even say it.

"President Trump acknowledged Friday that he used "tough" language during a meeting on efforts toward a bipartisan immigration deal but appeared to deny using the term "shithole" to refer to some countries." "The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used. What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made — a big setback for DACA!" Trump wrote on Twitter."

12-Jan-18
Ryan from Boone: "Hello, Abe? Hey - can you jump in and help me out, I'm getting my butt handed to me."

Atheist: "No problem, just let me switch computers and servers and I'll comment in just a sec. I'd hate to have people think we're the same knothead posting from the same computer and IP address."

12-Jan-18
Trump is an all American A-TYPICAL business person and uses board room language when he wants to drive home a point or gain a advantage and could care less what others may think. That is the way he lived his life in N.Y. because otherwise he would have been gobbled up and spit out. Conducting business in N.Y. and face to face negotiations at bid proposals with many giants is indeed a wake up call. I was never happier to be born in S. Philly and be able to switch gears instantly after the formal introductions. The language and aloofness was comforting to me because it was, as they say "right up my ally". I expected much different and prepared accordingly when in reality I was supremely prepared naturally in word slang and tone.. I was a Brooklyn cousin and it paid off and continues. That said. I am disappointed that Trump refuses to "switch gears" when the bulldozer is not required to drive the point. He best realize that to bulldoze someone is fine but to back up and finish the job is overkill. He crushed his opponents in this manner doing business and the image of stacked bones kept the competition at a disadvantage. This, being politics, is a entirely different game. The man is Teddy Roosevelt on steroids. I like that and the "stick" but did not like this at all. I will not desert him because I believe his intentions are only for the absolute good of America but we have people in America who believe that America is the problem. Something he should have left unsaid or chose his words a bit more carefully. Hard for me to swallow.

The Rock

12-Jan-18
“Trump is referring to the country proper, not the people.”

While he might not have called the people a version of the word “shit,” the whole thrust of the statement is referencing the people. He questioned why on earth we should let in anyone from a “shithole” country. To paraphrase "Why do we want all these PEOPLE from 'shithole countries' coming here?"

It’s obvious his belief is that people from these places can’t possibly add any value to American society because of where they come from. That is the problem with what he said.

Of course many places around the world are shitholes. We happen to have shitholes in this country too - should we discriminate against people who leave in this country’s shitholes?

12-Jan-18
Hillary Clinton took millions of dollars to build a hospital in Haiti. She kept the money and there is no hospital and that was years ago. She helped make Haiti more of a shithole country. See anything about this on the Lame Stream Media?

12-Jan-18
BEG,

What are you complaining about. You just used the same language. So you agree. Correct?

The Rock

12-Jan-18
If you're right gator, perhaps the reason he doesn't want to take the people is because they'll bring the value system, the culture, and the associated headaches that lead to a country becoming a "shithole".

I just don't get some of you, and your open door open arm policy to any and everybody! Would you leave the locks on your own home open, just leave the door open to anybody that wanted to enter your home for whatever reason? Hell NO you wouldn't, so then why would you take a come one come all stance for America? America is your home too if you didn't know that!

12-Jan-18
Some monkey are smarter than some humans. The originator of this thread would not fare well in such a comparison. Likewise, the majority of the people who might want to escape certain countries would not benefit America as the majority of folks from other countries. Bringing in the MS-13 folks from El Salvador has not benefitted America. Bringing in people from certain countries that just replicate their existence in s-hole countries is not as helpful to America as bringing in people that wish to assimilate as Americans. My grandparents would not let people speak anything but English in their home because they were now Americans. '

But this is the twitter America, where everything is taken out of context or in the worst possible context to gain some political point and "be offended." Apt in the age of the wimp, I suppose, but boring and tiresome. The question is a legitimate one, if we are caring about America's interests first, rather than those of Haiti, El Salvador, Syria, or some other armpit of a nation. But let's all act like he tortured small puppies on the internet to feign outrage.

12-Jan-18

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Looks pretty bad to me. Hillary was going to straighten this all out but got richer instead.

12-Jan-18
"Make no mistake, Trump is not only against illegal immigration but rather he is against immigration of people who are not white. This has been made abundantly clear after his last statement. Acknowledging that and accepting it makes you complicit, and a fellow bigot."

And Make no mistake, Democrats are for illegal immigration and they are against people that are white. This has been made abundantly clear after their last statement. Acknowledging that and accepting it makes you complicit, and a fellow bigot.

12-Jan-18
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime".

It's unfortunate these people have to live in the conditions they do, feel worse for the kids as I look at how good mine have it, comparatively. What Trump is getting at, if these people came to this country, they would be forced to go on the system really through no fault of their own. But the democrats would certainly pick up votes and they would not even be willing to teach them how to fish. That would have to come from business owners first at the expense of those of us already here not being able to work and sustain ourselves...

For democrats, or anyone in general, to cry 'foul!' by not opening the floodgates to immigration clearly has no concept of how economics works.

12-Jan-18
Of course there are shithole spots in the world. There are shithole spots here at home, too. That's not up for debate. What is up for debate is whether being born in a shithole spot should resign you to a life there; that being born in a shithole makes you an inferior human being. That is where I disagree with the President.

"perhaps the reason he doesn't want to take the people is because they'll bring the value system, the culture, and the associated headaches that lead to a country becoming a "shithole"."

In case you missed it, the story of America has been a story of immigrants bringing their values and culture to this country since it was founded. As far as the last point, people have been talking about immigrants turning this country into a shithole for well over 100 years. My Mom's family is all from Italy. They all came here in the early 1900s. Guess what, back then Italy was considered a shithole and folks didn't think too highly of the "dagos" coming into this country. It's funny to me now to hear them spout the same arguments that would have kept them out of this country. People don't come to this country to replicate the shithole experience they're leaving -- why on Earth would they leave then? Makes no economic sense. They come for a better life, not to keep their shitty one. And guess what, as time passes, these people assimilate and become more American. Even if you don't like immigrants and their cultures, from a purely economic standpoint the data shows that immigrants are a net benefit to this country's economy.

"We desperately need border control and that begins with making the word illegal mean something again."

I don't understand how this conversation got torqued off on illegal immigration. Nobody is talking about illegal immigration. Trump's comments weren't in reference to illegal immigration.

12-Jan-18
Don't the old white people need to die according to racist Democraps?

In other news.....

"Asylum seekers and migrants who have received welfare over the past three years will no longer be granted citizenship in Switzerland – unless they pay the state back."

It is a start I guess?

12-Jan-18
"No Vacancy"

12-Jan-18
"It’s obvious his belief is that people from these places can’t possibly add any value to American society because of where they come from. That is the problem with what he said."

The problem with this statement is we aren't able to determine if there is any value added by the people coming illegally from these shit holes, because it's mostly being done covertly and illegally. Until they start immigrating by the book, we have to assume there is no value to those sneaking in here.

12-Jan-18
BEG,

Italy as in all European nations at that time never were "shit holes". They were culturally polished nations, much further along in that regard than America. Europeans had pride, deep culture, family values and professional crafts EXACTLY the ingredient which eventually spurned America's meteoric rise. Europeans flooded this country for the opportunity to ply their trades, too proud for a handout which was not coming at any expense. They fought their way up and out, determined to succeed. To set the record straight I would hope a politician would stand tall and proclaim once and for all " we are a nation built primarily of European immigrants" who have proven their worth without one American cent drained from the government coffers but oh how they contributed to those coffers to the overwhelming brim. What do these third world nations contribute when they land in America? The contribution is ALWAYS going the other way. This is not mathematically sustainable. It must end or the end will be closer than you think.

The Rock

12-Jan-18
It always amazes me that people presume to know the intent of people they have never met, and never will meet.

12-Jan-18
"And guess what, as time passes, these people assimilate and become more American."

No, actually they don't BEG. We've accommodated multi-culturalism to the point, they don't need to learn the English language. They don't need to assimilate because, well, they have no need to. Can't speak the language, it's ok. We'll spend taxpayer $$ to provide interpreters and documents in 80+ languages. Try that horseshit anywhere else in the world. We've become balkanized because of it.

"My grandparent would not let people speak anything but English in their home because they were now Americans. "

Same with my great-grand parents. They were PROUD to come here and didn't demand that the US accommodate their every need. They worked to assimilate. Not the other way around.

12-Jan-18
bb, Trump's comments on shitholes was in reference to legal immigration, not illegal immigration.

Rock, you need to go back and read a history book. The people coming from Italy and the other European nations at the time were not polished and skilled. They were fleeing an economic downturn, corruption, high levels of taxation, and social chaos. I guarantee you Southern Italy in 1900 looked a helluva lot like Haiti does today. They were living in dire poverty and destitution. There was no opportunity for them there, which is why they left for the land of opportunity. It is the same as what is happening now. To suggest that it is only European immigrants who have ever contributed economically to American society, that anyone else not born without white skin who has immigrated to this country has "ALWAYS" resulted in a net economic negative to this country, is the epitome of ignorance. You're a poor student of history and economics if you believe those things.

"No, actually they don't BEG...Try that horseshit anywhere else in the world. We've become balkanized because of it."

First off, "assimilation" is 100% in the eye of the beholder and it all is a matter of perspective. When I go home my family still cherishes Italian traditions and eats lots of Italian food. Does that mean we haven't assimilated? My grandparents were born here, but they still speak and understand the Italian language even though their first language is English? Does that mean they haven't assimilated. You say to try to get by with multi-culturalism anywhere else in the world and it wouldn't be tolerated, but I've been around the world and can tell you English is everywhere -- so it clearly is tolerated.

12-Jan-18
I'm curious if people like the OP of this thread ever called out Obama when he escalated racism in America by his making his racial comments about how bad black people are treated compared to white people? What Trump said should have not come out of his mouth but I suspect he was thinking more from a perspective of how bad the governments are from those countries. Common sense tells us we should screen those that come into our country. The comment Trump made will be taken as a racist comment and I can see why it would. What does bother me is how the left never called out Obama and his wife for fueling racial tension in America. I dont think there is anyone against racism more than I am...it is immoral.

Trump's mouth can be his worse enemy, though I do admire his honesty at times, but at times he doesn't use descretion with his speach. Mia Love is correct, he should apologize just because of how the comment could be interpreted.

I do get tired of how the left overlooks those on the left that make worse comments and are never called out.

Racism is wrong and immoral in any form it may come in....but, I get tired as an Anglo American how I am discriminated against just because of my race...I'm just calling it how I see it. Racism against blacks was wrong in the 50s, and racism against whites is just as wrong today.

12-Jan-18
Gator - "What is up for debate is whether being born in a shithole spot should resign you to a life there; that being born in a shithole makes you an inferior human being. That is where I disagree with the President."

Only an idiot would take issue and make a big to do about nothing over something the President NEVER SAID. Gator, can you show us where the President said these people "were inferior" so we can understand this make believe argument you're having with him?

12-Jan-18
"bb, Trump's comments on shitholes was in reference to legal immigration, not illegal immigration."

OK, then it should be assumed that the people are being vetted and it's been determined that the majority bring no value. I'm not in favor of taking on additional welfare burden. Bye the way, Trump denies using the term shit hole. So how much of this is being assumed and how much was actually said? It's being reported on the talk shows on the radio that there was never any mention of African Countries.

12-Jan-18
No one else in the meeting has come out and directly refuted the comments he made (he’s the only one). Everyone has said that rhetoric was heated. A fellow Republican senator (Tim Scott) has now come out and said that Senator Graham confirmed what the President said. Seriously...Is it really a surprise to anyone that the President would say that behind what he thinks is closed doors?

And what was reported to have said was why should we allow in so many people from shithole countries in Africa and not more people from countries like Norway. You tell me how that doesn’t paint the people from those countries in Africa as inferior, South Farm?

12-Jan-18
Three stooges is an accurate description of those 3.

12-Jan-18
Only blacks live in that shit hole?

12-Jan-18
I just got an email where a friend indicated that the same liberals who called Alabama a s-hole last month are now up in arms over Trump calling Haiti and Syria the same thing.

12-Jan-18
bad Karma, liberals dont have the backbone to call it like it is. They turn a blind eye to racism against whites.

My 2 best friends in the world are black and they have the integrity to call it like it is.

12-Jan-18
bad Karma, liberals dont have the backbone to call it like it is. They turn a blind eye to racism against whites.

My 2 best friends in the world are black and they have the integrity to call it like it is.

12-Jan-18
I’ve been to Haiti also. When you have raw sewage running running above ground it’s a xxxx hole.

12-Jan-18
BEG

"You say to try to get by with multi-culturalism anywhere else in the world and it wouldn't be tolerated, but I've been around the world and can tell you English is everywhere -- so it clearly is tolerated."

English IS everywhere. Curious though.... is it because of an influx of non native language speaking immigrants that refuse to learn the language or perhaps they recognize that English is the business language of the world. Are those countries publishing government documents in 80+ languages?

America's great because it is a huge melting pot. Those that immigrated in the late 19th and early 20th centuries assimilated. They insisted their kids learn English. Sure they kept their cultural identity. They just didn't demand that the government recognize and celebrate it. They came here to make a better life and become AMERICANS. Not turn this country into whatever country they left.

12-Jan-18
Why would Somalians want to leave a war ravaged country with no economic prospects for America? Perhaps for a better life and future for them and their families — ie, the same reasons most people emigrate from their homes for literally thousands of years. Why should we bring in more? Because that’s the American way, and has been for hundreds of years. Unlike the president, I don’t believe that coming from a poor country means you should be shut off from the American Dream.

Again, there are countless studies that show how immigration provides a benefit from an economic perspective. This notion of them being a drain is a complete fabrication on your part.

As far as LBJ, Nixon, etc, I was born in 1979, so I wasn’t around to be offended by them. If they said racist, intolerant things then they should have been called out on it. However, they’re a racial sunk cost as far as I’m concerned and what they said really has no bearing on how I view Trump’s comments or the current state of affairs.

Never once have I touted Obama’s record on race relations. He certainly stoked the fans of the fire that’s burning race relations. Trump is pouring gasoline on them.

12-Jan-18
I couldn't care less if some Somalian wants to come here "for a better life". Wish them well. Live long and prosper. Where they are. Taking in the world's poor, unskilled and uneducated is not the "American way" or any other country's "way". Unless they are looking to use them as low wage "slave" labor.

Comparing early immigration and it's goals with current (legal and illegal) immigration is apples and oranges at best. The purpose earlier was to settle and build a country, not any bleeding heart "we must help them" reasons. Take a look around..... in case you haven't noticed the country is built and settled. There is really no valid reason nor any logical planning that requires an influx of immigration. It is of NO benefit for the country. None. Unless they have a skill that fills a need here, they are a drain to society.

OK..... there is one "benefit" for some..... democrats/socialists, no matter the cost, want them here to vote......

12-Jan-18
- I don’t like Trump for a lot of reasons. Being white certainly isn’t one of them. - we do invite the world AND we say no to people. - there are far more rules and stricter systems that control who and how many people are let into this country than there were 100 years ago. - Yes, people have been immigrating to the US for hundreds of years from literally every corner of the globe - immigrants are not coming here for the purpose of solely exploiting our welfare system. - Immigrants pay taxes, too. - Yes, immigrants must accept our laws. There are no laws in this country that require certain customs to be followed or require that certain languages need to be spoken. I bet my customs are a lot different than yours, Trax. So whose customs are they to follow...mine or yours? - Even conservative estimates, we pay immigrants something on the order of $10 bln a year in welfare payments to immigrant families, much of that going to children who are US citizens. Regardless, this is about .2% of the federal budget. We can afford it. And it’s a cost I’m happy to pay considering the net positives immigration has on the economy related to cheap labor, productive capacity, mobility, specialization, etc.

12-Jan-18
If you dont mond paying it the IRS has a form you can request and pay in extra taxes.

I dont want my money redistributed. I think that Socialist type crap has brought nothing but problems and more poverty to this country.

12-Jan-18
If you dont mind paying it the IRS has a form you can request and pay in extra taxes.

I dont want my money redistributed. I think that Socialist type crap has brought nothing but problems and more poverty to this country.

12-Jan-18
License the words SHIT HOLE and thank Trump!

12-Jan-18
BEG, Brush up on European history and culture. The majors in Europe had indoor plumbing when the entire world was sitting on a stump and scratching leaves. Futile for your attempt to school me. I believe I am above your pay grade in that regard.

The Rock

12-Jan-18
The media has turned racist into the same thing rapist is!A word that condemns anyone regardless of guilt or innocence!The word is a political weapon of mass destruction ant the liberals are deploying all they have which is nothing but name calling.They have tapped every low life tactic thus far the racist cards are by far their most effective smokescreen but it’s probably the last effective tactic they have left.Their playbook is on page 99 of a 99 page book.Maybe Trump has a COLD

12-Jan-18
Aww Rock the romans invented plumbing.

12-Jan-18
Aww Rock the romans invented plumbing.

12-Jan-18
Liberals cant debate on the issues so they often resort to the race card.

Same with the neo cons, they didn't want Trump to begin with..Mitch McConnel and the likes. There's a danger the big political machine will suffer when an outsider comes in to office.

I just hope Trump will start think more before he speaks.

12-Jan-18
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and grow a thicker skin!

12-Jan-18
There are plenty of rich people that live in shitholes, Rock. Just because the ruling class in your country has it good it doesn’t mean the rest of the country is well off. People that are well off tend not to emigrate.

12-Jan-18
And most of the shit holes are shit holes because of the ruling rich in them!

12-Jan-18
Several million Americans live abroad. Some in 3rd world countries. That’s the educated term used to denote poor countries, by the way. Are those Americans escaping?

12-Jan-18
Shithole country or not. I can’t understand why anyone wants our population to swell. What benefit is to the American people? I say leave them there!

12-Jan-18
atheist. You are a LYING FRAUD.

12-Jan-18
And a COWARD who won't answer a direct question. Man up Paulie!

12-Jan-18
TSI, Italy ruled what would one day be Europe and all the plumbing contracts that spread throughout. ;-)

12-Jan-18
Same question. How is it worth borrowing money from China to bring in folks who can't support themselves?

12-Jan-18
I find it telling that no one is questioning the actual TRUTH of Trump's alleged statement and arguing that Haiti is NOT a shithole.

12-Jan-18
And I find it telling that so many of you don’t understand what is offensive about insinuating people from poor countries are undesirable, WW.

12-Jan-18
I’ll say it Haiti is a shit hole!!But not referring to the people.Calling it a shit hole because of the conditions the country keeps its people in.So actually calling it a shit hole is a shot across the bow for the rulers of these oppressed nations.By the way there are white nations that are shit holes too.

12-Jan-18
In 200yrs white people will likely be extinct anyway so just be patient snowflakes

12-Jan-18
BEG you can find any damn thing you want. I call a shithole a shithole. If the people that live in those shitholes don't like that then they can either CHANGE that (after all, it's their shithole), or they can live with it. If you think that's calling them undesirable then have at it. I just call it reality.

12-Jan-18
20 Trillion in Dept at what point do you start limiting the handout immigration and refugee movement it’s very very expensive.Merit based systems are the norm in many countries including Canada

12-Jan-18
The media is playing to its base!

12-Jan-18
Is it racist when you call where a person lives a pig stye and you don't want him on your team because he sucks? It's amazing how easily someone is labeled a racist these days.

12-Jan-18
If it is, then yup, I'm a racist! It's better than being a PC moron living in a fantasy world.

13-Jan-18
Seems a lot of videos are appearing on Fox and Twitter where most of the democrats doing all the complaining have said the same thing in the past. That includes Obama. Graham, the turncoat Republican, called Mexico a hell hole and I saw him say it on a nice clear video. Stay tuned next week, a whole bunch of doo doo is going to hit the fan. Obama, Clinton, the FBI and Justice Department are all going to be in big trouble.

13-Jan-18

bigeasygator's Link
I don’t know if it’s racism, bb. But it’s surely prejudice. Working for a major oil company, I have interactions on a near daily basis with folks from these “shithole” countries. I’ll be honest...when I started work I expected folks from countries like Nigeria and Gabon to be less capable than the individuals from the US and Europe. I couldn’t have been more wrong. They are some of the finest and most capable individuals you will ever meet. They don’t suck. Just like the story on the Haitian immigrant I’ve linked to - these are exactly the kind of people I want on my team. I’ve learned that being from a third world country doesn’t make a person a third rate individual - and, in fact, it’s usually quite the opposite.

13-Jan-18
Then why do they live in shitholes? Oh wait, I know, it's THE WHITE MAN'S FAULT! White privilege and all. If it weren't for white people they'd be living in paradise. Maybe we should just kill ourselves so the rest of the world can get out of their shithole.

13-Jan-18
Atheist,

Actually, third world is not "the educated way" to refer to poor countries. The term "third world" was coined during the Cold War to refer to non-aligned countries. These countries were essentially neutral and not aligned with the US, Britain and their allies (the first world), or the USSR, China, and their allies (the second world).

Many third world countries happened to be poor, so over time the association with "third world" and poverty became commonplace.

Obviously, it's rather outdated now since the Cold War is over and some of the original non-aligned countries, like Saudi Arabia, are actually quite wealthy.

Furthermore, the term "third world" is now seen as perjorative by many. While no universally accepted term exists many people, both western academics and people in those nations considered third world, prefer terms like "majority world" or "developing nations."

Like everything else in a hyper politically correct culture the acceptable terms keep changing as the goal posts get moved. Today's progressive, enlightened phrase is tomorrow's bigotry.

Cheers!

13-Jan-18
Then you take the folks that can contribute and you let the rest stay behind, BEG. I believe that was the intent of the conversation, regardless of how it's reported. If that's prejudice than so be it.

13-Jan-18
Until we have control of our illegal immigration, almost all immigration should be stopped. We don't even know how many people are coming here. We don't need more people, America is already crowded. Yes, it makes sense to allow some merit based immigration and we can accommodate some refugee immigration, but arguing over whether the master bath or the guest bath has better water pressure is silly when the river is coming through the front door.

13-Jan-18
He can make that point without calling countries shitholes and without insinuating that being born in a poor or developing country makes you less of a person. Why should we be inviting more Norwegians in (folks who, btw, live in one of the most progressive countries in the world with possibly the largest welfare program in existence) instead of someone toiling to survive in a struggling country? I’ve met rich, trust fund babies who are pretty much worthless as people and I’ve met plenty of folks born into poverty who are way smarter than me and who also happen to work their asses off - being a quality human being has little to nothing to do with the country or wealth you were born into. Trump seems to think differently.

13-Jan-18
He could make that point but you know how it goes in a heated battle behind closed doors. Often the language reverts to less than polished, not intended for the general publics ears. I have no doubt similar happened behind closed doors with Obama, Clinton, Bush, take your pick right down the line. LBJ was notorious, so was Nixon The difference being people kept it behind closed doors. Nobody should be so shocked by any of this. The tolerance threshold for Trump is non existent. I think deep down, you know what the intent was.

13-Jan-18
This is only an important issue to those who want to find fault with everything Trump does. Otherwise, it's locker room talk. BB has it right. We know what his intent was, it's just that some don't care, as they're hell bent to get rid of Trump by any means, ethical, substantive, or absent any of those, for the trivial

13-Jan-18
BEG,

"I’ll be honest...when I started work I expected folks from countries like Nigeria and Gabon to be less capable than the individuals from the US and Europe. I couldn’t have been more wrong. They are some of the finest and most capable individuals you will ever meet. They don’t suck. Just like the story on the Haitian immigrant I’ve linked to - these are exactly the kind of people I want on my team. "

Are they the ones applying for visas or emigrating here?

13-Jan-18
I do think I know what the motivation was, bb. It stems from the same kind of backward ass, uninformed, prejudiced worldview that Trax shows every time he opens his mouth on these threads.

Frankly, I’m not surprised one bit Trump allegedly said these things. He’s already proven that he’s basically bullet proof when it comes to controversy like this. It’s a shame the man can’t just leave a good week alone, but it’s certainly no surprise.

13-Jan-18
I believe Trump could have opted for a word or phrase with the edges rounded off, but, consistent in his unique style and well within his wheelhouse like, "piss poor". The furor would have netted the same results from the left, or those futility disguising themselves as such on the CF as evidenced by their shock, anger and immediately disparaging the POTUS to defend other nations in public. The truth be told, he is correct for all intents and purposes generally speaking.

BTW...BEG, you may do well to read that short, but tried and trued quote, something along the lines of " the blind squirrel". I believe that would croquet your beliefs quite nicely considering your "find".

The Rock

13-Jan-18
Unfortunately, this map does not show the streets of San Francisco, LA and other fecal depository cities in CA, where the homeless use the pavement. And CA needs to import more from the countries that will add to their night soils. LOL

BTW: shouldn't the handle be "Ryan from CT"?

13-Jan-18
"when I started work I expected folks from countries like Nigeria and Gabon to be less capable than the individuals from the US and Europe"

Which is not how those of us who are conservative and actually care about all people think.

13-Jan-18
I am glad it offends and makes the people who live in Shit-Holes angry, if you don't like our president or the way he talks, stay the *&&())(&(_ out. We also do not want you bringing in your resistance to antibiotic ridden bodies into our country. It is not our fault your counties allow you to buy antibiotics over the counter and take them for any and everything that bothers you.

13-Jan-18
Hmmm, I don’t know Trax. You call me a “blind dumb liberal” in every post, you address me every time by the perceived slight of “bigeasyliberal,” you said we don’t need “80,000 Somalians” when you have essentially no clue how any of them would shake out on a merit based system. So yeah, it’s clear you’re pretty damn prejudiced. You want to continue the conversation you can speak to me like an adult. If you’re going to continue to hurl out insults, then I’m done addressing you.

HA/KS, I never said it was how you think and it has nothing to do with being conservative or liberal. It clearly seems to be how our president thinks, though. Protectionism, nationalism, and isolation is the flavor of the day - I will agree that this flies in the face of the conservative thoughts I grew up with where the free market, free trade, and personal freedom were the pillars upon which conservatism stood. It’s why I’ve left the Republican Party for the Libertarian Party.

13-Jan-18
Here are a few interesting statistics, straight from the U.N.:

- Around 60% of the global population – 4.5 billion people – have either no toilet at home or one that doesn't safely manage excreta.

-862 million people worldwide still practi[c]e open defecation.

- 1.8 billion people use an unimproved source of drinking water with no protection against contamination from [feces].

- Globally, 80% of the wastewater generated by society flows back into the ecosystem without being treated or reused.

- Only 39% of the global population (2.9 billion people) use a safely[] managed sanitation service [–] that is, excreta safely disposed of in situ or treated off-site.

- Combined with safe water and good hygiene, improved sanitation could prevent around 842,000 deaths each year.

13-Jan-18
Where someone is from shouldn't make any difference but we should screen everyone we let in to this country. Common sense says why wouldn't we screen them.

13-Jan-18
Good post TGbow. The reason why the Dems don't want that, is for Political Gain (Votes). You can watch the news, and there isn't one thing that the dems want from Trump, that pertains to an American. If all Immigrants, could never, ever vote, then you wouldn't hear a peep from a democrat. JMO

13-Jan-18
The liberal method of dealing with poor sanitation...from America's number one sh*thole:

San Francisco Requires Poop Maps To Help Pedestrians Avoid Human Waste

For those who have maintained that San Francisco is full of . . . whatever, there is now living proof. How much poop is there on the streets of the City by the Bay?

Would you believe there is an online map to track human feces on the city’s streets? There is.

According to Fox News, one area of the city reported a 140% rise in feces. As Jay Caruso of RedState noted, “Public urination is so widespread it has damaged subway elevators and escalators, building walls and power poles.”

(Ah...but the taxpaying citizens will cover the cost of repairing the damages. jack)

When did the gleaming jewel that was San Francisco become a repository for poop? Mayor Willie Brown terminated ordinances; city district Attorney Terence Hallinan would not prosecute “victimless” crimes involving drugs and prostitution.

A report from the Office of the Controller stated, “service requests related to human waste increased across all Supervisorial Districts in San Francisco in FY 2015-16, and at a rate well above the average growth in overall SF311 use. District 6 (in Zone B) had far more service requests related to human waste than any other district – three-times as many as the next highest count in District 9 (Zone D) – and nearly 30 percent more requests compared to FY 2014-15. This change appears to be driven mostly by additional reports along Market Street, south of

Additionally, data from Public Works showed an increase of 13.5% in service orders generated from public service requests,

13-Jan-18

13-Jan-18

Annony Mouse's Link
WE REALLY NEED THIS IN THE US...

13-Jan-18

Annony Mouse's Link

13-Jan-18
Simple question for Atheist, Ryan from CT or other import another welfare bound sh*tholer:

If These Countries Aren't Shitholes, Why Do Other Countries Have to Offer Aid and Refugee Status to Help People Escape Them?

13-Jan-18
I expect our bowlibs and progressive friends to go and help, maybe then they will understand.

There are 987,000 people living in Port-Au-Prince and 2.6 million living in the ‘metropolitan’ area.

The city does not have a sewer system.

Each night workers descend into manholes and remove raw human waste in buckets.

13-Jan-18
One of the things that would make sense when vetting potential immigrants is their access to education. I would have to believe that most Europeans, have a far greater access to education than the majority of people living in Nicaragua, Haiti, Somalia. No doubt there are exceptions. I think all you have to do is poll kids applying for Colleges. How many have Universities in Haiti on their list?

13-Jan-18
An IQ test would be needed first. Not to be cruel but many of these countries especially Muslim countries believe keeping it in the family, ie Incest is Best.

13-Jan-18
"Is it racist for the President of the United States to refer to brown countries as "shitholes" in opposition to a socialist and predominantly white country like Norway?"

So what do you call the brown countries that are shitholes - what do you people accept from the PC standpoint so you don't get your feeling hurt?

13-Jan-18
Q: Is it racist for the President of the United States to refer to brown countries as "shitholes" in opposition to a socialist and predominantly white country like Norway?

You can call a turd a rose if you want....It doesn't make it so.

If you told your wife you won a vacation for two and had the choice of Haiti or Norway. And you decided to take her to Haiti. Do you think she would be pleased with your choice?

13-Jan-18
bb your not listening...you don't give her Norway for a choice!!!

13-Jan-18
That's a fault of mine, my attention span to stupidity is limited.

13-Jan-18
I prefer “Libertarian - with exceptions.” I tend to depart from the Libertarian platform as it pertains to safety nets (I’m ok with some), Federal land (all for it), and science research (federal spending has lead to some of the greatest technological achievements of this century, like putting a man on the moon, splitting the atom, and the Internet). Other than that, I’m all Libertarian. “Open” (as long as you aren’t a terrorist or here to impart harm) immigration is squarely in the camp of free market and free trade idealogy.

13-Jan-18

bigeasygator's Link
Sounds like a few of you need to brush up on the Libertarian Platform. I’ve provided a link for you.

Libertarians believe that if someone is peaceful, they should be welcome to immigrate to the United States.

Libertarians believe that people should be able to travel freely as long as they are peaceful. We welcome immigrants who come seeking a better life. The vast majority of immigrants are very peaceful and highly productive.

Indeed, the United States is a country of immigrants, of all backgrounds and walks of life…some families have just been here for more generations than others. Newcomers bring great vitality to our society.

A truly free market requires the free movement of people, not just products and ideas.

Whether they are from India or Mexico, whether they have advanced degrees or very little education, immigrants have one great thing in common: they bravely left their familiar surroundings in search of a better life. Many are fleeing extreme poverty and violence and are searching for a free and safe place to try to build their lives. We respect and admire their courage and are proud that they see the United States as a place of freedom, stability, and prosperity.

13-Jan-18
Everything is RACIST to a democrat. That's all the dumba$$es have.

13-Jan-18
Lol...my version of the Libertarian crusade?? That is a link to the official Libertarian Party Platform which is also my registered political party. Rand Paul is a Republican, not a Libertarian.

And no, the Libertarian Party does not welcome criminals. It’s states that quite clearly on the platform plank “Of course, if someone has a record of violence, credible plans for violence, or acts violently, then Libertarians support blocking their entry, deporting, and/or prosecuting and imprisoning them, depending on the offense.”

13-Jan-18
Ok Trax. Sorry you don’t understand there is an actual Libertarian Party with a platform that is far more libertarian than the Republican Party.

Libertarians aren’t against vetting people, but if you aren’t a criminal and there’s no reason to believe you are coming in with criminal intent, there’s no reason to keep you out. That’s what a true Libertarian believes, regardless of what a guy you know tells you.

13-Jan-18
I consider myself a Libertarian but common sense tells me we need to screen people before we let them in our country...the right to the pursuit of happiness and liberty, safety ..that's important to me so I dont think anyone from any country should be allowed in that maybe a potential threat to US citizens. US citizens may suffer loss of those rights I listed by an individual that could harm them...bebit foreign or domestic.

13-Jan-18
As long as by threat you mean a criminal threat, I totally agree. So does the Libertarian Party. If you believe immigrants are a threat because they’ll take American jobs, that’s where the Libertarian Party parts ways.

13-Jan-18
I mean screen them for potential criminal possibilities.

13-Jan-18
Libertatians dont all agree 100% on everything. I'm a Libertarian but I'm pro life ...probably 60% are not.

13-Jan-18
"If you believe immigrants are a threat because they’ll take American jobs,"

They're a threat because we have Americans that need help now! Take care of them FIRST...then we'll talk.

13-Jan-18
That’s exactly what the Libertarian Party believes in, TGbow. People should be vetted.

Trax, 90% of those things you just listed are basically saying how you are against immigration and against personal freedom. You also clearly don’t understand what the Libertarian Party is about. You understand that the Libertarian Party is all about freedom, right? That decisions and priorities should be established by individuals and the free market. That means you have the freedom to marry who you want, to buy guns, to smoke pot, to decide what you want to do with your body; that the government should have no say in these things and that the government should keep their hands out of business too. Rand Paul deviates significantly from the Libertarian Party on a number of fronts. Rand Paul believes the government should be able to regulate a whole host of things that Libertarians don’t, which, again, is the essence of Libertarian idealogy.

13-Jan-18
70lbdraw, I think the welfare state doesn’t need to expand and that at some point people need to help themselves.

13-Jan-18
I dont agree with everything the Libertarian Party stands for but it's the only party , as a whole, that stands for real freedom. There are those in the Republican Party that lean to the Libertarian side.

I dont go along with nobody based just on their political party.

13-Jan-18
Couldn’t agree more with that last statement, TGBow.

13-Jan-18
Trax, I believe if anyone should be pro life it should be Libertarians. The unborn child is an individual by sceintific defenition, the child has it's own DNA. So not only because of my personal beliefs am I prolife but from a legal standpoint the child should be protected. It's not even an argument any longer whether the child is a life or not a life. There are some Libertarians that give a strong argument for the pro life stance and it's not just because of religious beliefs.

The right to life..freedom and the pursuit of happiness sound like a real Libertarian stance to me.

13-Jan-18
"70lbdraw, I think the welfare state doesn’t need to expand and that at some point people need to help themselves."

I think I understated my point. I'm talking about our veterans first and foremost. Then let's get the other TRULY down and out "Americans" off of the streets and into some type of facility, education, etc. I don't give a rat's hairy azz about the people that milk the welfare system. Especially when my taxes are funding their B.S.

14-Jan-18
Trax, you didn’t ask any questions so I don’t know what precisely I’m supposed to answer to. That said, I should have just heeded my own advice and ignored anything you post. You can’t get a post in without an insult and you clearly have no desire to educate yourself on the Libertarian Party, so I’m gonna stop bothering. I’m tired of your ignorance causing me to sound like a broken record. So unless you actually want to discuss my differences with the Libertarian Party, which I have enumerated earlier, there’s really no point continuing any of this conversation. This discussion is moving away from the point of this thread, so if you want to have an adult conversation on what the Libertarian Party believes, you can start a new thread.

14-Jan-18
BEG, "Indeed, the United States is a country of immigrants, of all backgrounds and walks of life…some families have just been here for more generations than others. Newcomers bring great vitality to our society."

"A truly free market requires the free movement of people, not just products and ideas."

"Whether they are from India or Mexico, whether they have advanced degrees or very little education, immigrants have one great thing in common: they bravely left their familiar surroundings in search of a better life. Many are fleeing extreme poverty and violence and are searching for a free and safe place to try to build their lives. We respect and admire their courage and are proud that they see the United States as a place of freedom, stability, and prosperity."

All valid points. Where I differ is the idea that we as a country have to get a better gip on who is coming into the country number one. secondly We have too many people on the dole right now, we don't need more. So until that can be figured out, immigrants should be able to prove their worth to the country. It should be incumbent upon the person petitioning for entry to show value. They HAVE to be able to show value to the country. The US as a country should not be assuming any risk regarding immigrants. Insurance companies used to "red line" certain areas with in states or cities that posed a significant risk. That practice was outlawed, so the companies found another way to identify risk areas in a more discreet manner. There are certain countries and areas of the world that pose a much more substantial risk than others. and like the insurance companies red line, you can draw a red line around them and feel confident that getting quality contributors from those areas is the exception, not the rule. The days of having a virtually unrestricted open door, just because you want IN, should be over.

14-Jan-18
bb, nobody is saying we shouldn’t thoroughly vet people or secure our borders. We absolutely should.

But help me understand what you mean by “value.” I’m curious to hear your perspective and I’ll be happy to give you mine.

14-Jan-18
Skills, training, anything that will make them employable and add to the economy rather than becoming a drain on the economy. No doubt many of the people can be trained but not on our dime. (Risk we shouldn't assume) Needless to say they have to prove they are not a safety risk either

14-Jan-18
Just to clarify, what if their skills are in areas like construction, housekeeping, agriculture, and other areas of manual labor?

14-Jan-18
There needs to be tangible proof that they are going to contribute to the economy. Low/no skilled minimum wage labor is not that proof. There are career welfare recipients that can fill those positions nicely. Until the government focuses on putting those people to work and weaning them off the system. Bringing more immigrants in to fill these positions is indirectly perpetuating a drain on the economy. We don't need more unskilled labor. We'll never get the welfare people to change careers.

I was getting coffee yesterday at the local place and I got talking to a guy while pouring coffee, he told me he is a landlord and has multiple rental units. one of his tenants is a section 8 recipient, she gets all kinds of benefits, food stamps, cel phone and pay. There is no incentive for her to get a job. Until that can be figured out and corrected. I see no reason to perpetuate it by bringing in more people to take the jobs that our welfare people should be doing. Unless of course we can make trades. we'll take one of yours and give you two of ours.

14-Jan-18
The unfortunate reality of section 8 housing, and other government benefits such as disability, is that once someone is on it, they will likely never leave. People in section 8 housing make certain they don't make enough to have to pay real rent prices. People on disability don't want to work enough to get a smaller check. (I have had people testify to that in court, which didn't set well with a judge working 60-80 hours per week.) Since we're borrowing money to run the government, we have no business borrowing money to subsidize someone's lifestyle that we just permitted to enter the country.

14-Jan-18
Anyone that is going to drive down labor costs will add value to the economy, whether you’re an engineer or a janitor. Americans have shown an unwillingness to do lots of things, particularly if it requires mobility. There was LOADS of work in New Orleans after Katrina - however the city was largely rebuilt by immigrants. That was the only labor you could find. So I don’t subscribe to the notion that low skilled/low wage immigrants don’t add value. If you believe in a free market then you know they do. My own firsthand experience shows me that they do.

As far as the Section 8 housing conversation goes, you do recognize that your landlord friend is the one actually getting wealthy of Section 8, right? His tenant is merely a pass through agent and he’s the one getting the government money.

14-Jan-18
"Americans have shown an unwillingness to do lots of things, particularly if it requires mobility. There was LOADS of work in New Orleans after Katrina - however the city was largely rebuilt by immigrants."

I understand, I'm not arguing that. In fact I'm in agreement. Much of the unwillingness is because the government programs enable the unwillingness. Start cutting the programs out and give the welfare recipients a choice, here is work, go do it or do without welfare. make them pay for their welfare like it was originally intended, before you bring in immigrants to do the work..

Regarding your section 8 comment, regardless of whether the section 8 person is physically handed the money or the landlord is, the net result is a reduction in her cost of living expense. I have never met the landlord prior to this conversation but I got the sense from him that he wasn't overly enthused about the whole program.

14-Jan-18
I don’t necessarily disagree with that, bb. I do feel certain safety nets are in order, but they need to be properly incentivized. That said, I don’t necessarily see significant welfare reform occurring anytime soon. So with that said, from an economic perspective, I don’t have a desire to layer in suboptimal immigration policy on top of suboptimal welfare policy.

I can easily see the landlord being unhappy. The fact remains that he likely benefits just as much from the policy as does the actual recipient. Lots of people fail to make the economic connection and fail to recognize in what ways individuals actually benefit from these policies. Sure one person has their cost of living subsidized. The other is actually building wealth as a result of the policy.

14-Jan-18
Sure he benefits by the policy to a point. but he would benefit if he had a tenant in there who was not on section 8. He is providing a service that he will ultimately be paid for with or without the section 8 subsidy. Unfortunately, many of the people have made a career out of the system and have it figured out so well you will never get them off of it. unless they are forced off.

14-Jan-18
The more you fund the leech class the bigger it will get. People are as lazy as they can afford to be.

14-Jan-18
"The unfortunate reality of section 8 housing, and other government benefits such as disability, is that once someone is on it, they will likely never leave. People in section 8 housing make certain they don't make enough to have to pay real rent prices. "

Simple solution is that any of these benefits gradually decrease until it does pay to get a job. By gradually, I mean over months, not years.

14-Jan-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

14-Jan-18
I see the anonymous coward is mouthing off again.

Matt

14-Jan-18
If the Federal government would just get out of the way and quit aying God...deciding who gets to keep more of their money and who dont..maybe the free market will flourish.

May sound hard but other than the military, the gov shouldn't be in the bussines of redistributing wealth. Go to a national sales tax on certain goods with a % cap, make them manage the tax dollars like they should. I dont want my money providing for immigrants or private US citizens unless it's voluntary.

The gov dont need more revenue they need to quit wasting and spending like a friggin teenager on spring break.

14-Jan-18
RfB and most everyone else that replied to his post, I think you are all missing the point. I could give a rat's ass what POTUS says in a CLOSED DOOR MEETING. The problem I have is that someone from the opposing party, Durbin, ran out of the room and started crying to the first person he saw that, "sniff, sniff....Donald said mean things about another country.....waaaah". WTF, it's a CLOSED DOOR MEETING for a reason. This was nothing but sabotage of the negotiations by the liberal. Trying to undermine the whole thing by bringing race baiting back into it. And Durbin has a history of doing it in the past from what has been reported. The Dems don't want a deal, they want DACA to be separate from the wall, lottery, etc. with no intention of ever giving in to the latter. Just my .02, carry on .

14-Jan-18
When it comes to welfare and immigration, my preference is to build a wall around the welfare state and restrict non-citizen access rather than more strictly regulate the international labor market.

14-Jan-18
They must follow our laws and constitution? No shit. They must tolerate our customs and know we must never accept theirs? Lol...I missed this bullet in the constitution. And whose “customs” are these? Yours or mine? No more placating to any language other than English? I missed this in the Constitution too. Youre last two points would do nothing but restrict freedom and, to have any kind of teeth, increase regulations. I’ll pass.

14-Jan-18
Yep, I'm a self- loving tool, with the balls to put my real name behind my words, unlike the anonomyous coward.

Matt

14-Jan-18
"When it comes to welfare and immigration, my preference is to build a wall around the welfare state and restrict non-citizen access rather than more strictly regulate the international labor market."

You may be on to something.

14-Jan-18
So, here we have a guy who doesn't have the honor to register using his real name crapping on people who do and calling them out on their ethics, simply because he does not agree with them.

He professes to be a conservative, but his lack of character screams "LIBERAL!"

14-Jan-18
I’m going to leave this here:

If Trump's "shithole countries" comment was "not racist", then why are neo-nazi's, white supremacists, and admitted racists all praising what he said? Using it in their propaganda and retweeting it. Common sense and logic says that if a racist approves of your words, chances are what you said was indeed racist.

14-Jan-18
Atheist, have you thought maybe he was speaking more about the country's state other than from a racist standpoint?

It was a bad thing to say but to me it's not that cut n dry as to what he meant.

It was a bad thing to say either way. There are some things that White Supremacist ..black Panthers, ect would probably agree with me on but that doesn't mean I agree with them.

Atheist, I wonder if you called out Obama about the fact that he attended a church where the Reverend Wright preached racist, anti American rheteric all the time? I dont recall the media doing so.

There are good people in every country on this planet just as there are bad ones. I do think Trump should apologize just for the fact that there are good people that live in those countries and some of their descendants are US citizens.

14-Jan-18
atheist. You are a LYING FRAUD. Don't leave your bull$hit on here. Take it with you. Because, that's all you got is, bull$hit. All you do is LIE. 8^)

14-Jan-18
Atheist: ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!! WHY are you still here when you promised us you'd leave if Trump got elected? Quit dodging you cowardly fake.

14-Jan-18
Okay. Let's let in some folks from s-hole countries, but for every one let in, I throw two out. And I get to pick. Let's start with "atheist" or whatever alias he/she/it/sheit uses, and one other person. This might be the solution.

14-Jan-18
bk X-2!!!

14-Jan-18

15-Jan-18

15-Jan-18

Annony Mouse's Link

15-Jan-18
errr......I think you may have confused them with Monica......

16-Jan-18

16-Jan-18
16-Jan-18
Back to the original point. The comments were apparently made up by a leftist, propagated gleefully by other leftists, and doubt remains in the mind of even the most ardent trump hater about whether or not he actually said it. Multiple reliable witnesses from the meeting say that trump did not use the words he is accused of using.

16-Jan-18
This was never even a question for me. Dick Durbin (sadly my Senator), is a documented bald faced liar with no credibility. One might say he's the Paul Zeiden of the Senate.

16-Jan-18
It has been revealed that Dicky Durban said in that meeting that he'd rather f*** a duck than make any deal with Trump. Media has ignored that.

16-Jan-18
all of duck nation is offended.

16-Jan-18
Even ducks have a level they won't go beneath!

16-Jan-18
The reason why liberals and progressives are throwing around the racist word these days is because liberals and progressives don't like being called names - it hurts their feelings. The pinnacle of hurt feelings is to be branded something and the world hates you for it, in essence, no more coddling and acceptance. So, by them branding you as the racist, it is the ultimate disgrace and punishment you can receive from them.

The self proclaimed racist police can go pound sand...

16-Jan-18
As a Woods Walker said, Dick Durbin has history.

Another time Dick heard something shocking that others did not...

"The White House Is Refuting A Shocker Of A Claim From A Top Democratic Senator Brett LoGiurato Oct. 23, 2013, 2:55 PM 48,786 Barack Obama AP A claim from the No. 2 Democrat in the Senate, Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), drew denials from House Republican leadership and the White House on Wednesday.

Durbin claimed in a weekend Facebook post that a House GOP leader told President Barack Obama that the leader "cannot even stand to look at" him during a recent negotiation over the government shutdown and raising the nation's debt ceiling.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said, flatly, that the exchange "did not happen."

A spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner was baffled by Durbin's allegation.

"The Speaker certainly didn't say that, and doesn't recall anyone else doing so," Michael Steel, Boehner's spokesman, said in an email Wednesday morning.

Brendan Buck, also a Boehner spokesman, released a statement after Carney's remarks.

"Senator Durbin's accusation is a serious one, and it appears to have been invented out of thin air," Buck said. "The senator should disclose who told him this account of events, retract his reckless allegation immediately, and apologize."

Durbin didn't provide any specifics on the conversation, or identify the member in question. Obama met with House Republicans, Senate Republicans, House Democrats, and House Republicans separately during the shutdown on multiple occasions.

The full Facebook post from Durbin:

Many Republicans searching for something to say in defense of the disastrous shutdown strategy will say President Obama just doesn't try hard enough to communicate with Republicans. But in a "negotiation" meeting with the president, one GOP House Leader told the president: "I cannot even stand to look at you."

What are the chances of an honest conversation with someone who has just said something so disrespectful?

Durbin's office didn't respond to multiple requests for comment, both before and after the White House denial."

17-Jan-18
Calling people racist is just a lazy substitute for thinking. You don't have to rationally analyze an argument or position, you just simply declare the other person a racist and his ideas therefore unacceptable. It's just groupthink for beginners.

17-Jan-18
^^^ kind of like a 1st grader calling someone a "kaka head"...?

17-Jan-18

20-Jan-18
Californians will count California in the US census since all census takers are hired locally. They will find however many they need to keep their seats in the House.

21-Jan-18
JTV, be politically correct and call them "turd world countries."

• Sitka Gear