orionsbrother 13-Jan-18
Woods Walker 13-Jan-18
Amoebus 13-Jan-18
NvaGvUp 14-Jan-18
Scrappy 14-Jan-18
DL 14-Jan-18
JL 14-Jan-18
13-Jan-18
How much you want to bet it's a RUSSIAN made porta-potty!!!

But really, this is just being discriminatory. If you THINK you're a marathoner, then you ARE! No different that if he said he's a woman and wanted to compete as such. He should get the ACLU to sue for him.

13-Jan-18
As a long-time ultra runner myself, (long since retired), this bugs me to no end.

Ultra-running is about competing against yourself and the course, not about competing with other runners.

In these races, everyone is rooting for everyone else to do well. As noted above, there's a camaraderie between the runners unlike any other sport I know of.

I hope this jerk NEVER is allowed to enter another race of any type in his miserable, pathetic life!

13-Jan-18
Reminds me of Lance Armstrong!

13-Jan-18
I don't know why but this reminds me of the 1972 Olympic Marathon in Munich, Germnay won by Frank Shorter. Moments before Shorter entered the stadium expecting a huge ovation a German student ran into the stadium in full marathon German gear and received a standing ovation. Moments thereafter Shorter entered the stadium, security had subdued the charlatan and the crowd loudly booed him. Shorter was perplexed to say the least hearing the boo's. His victory lap was giving a standing ovation.

13-Jan-18
Then there was Rosie Ruiz falsely pretending to win the Women's division in my first Boston Marathon in 1980.

13-Jan-18
I just fail to understand what these guys get out of their fraud.

They must have no conscience. No voice inside their head that berates them for being a loser.

I can't imagine what that must be like. It's like the guy who steals mounts or poaches some huge animal and spins some crap about their "big hunt."

While they're carrying on about how great they are, it has to roll through their head that they're just douchebags. Undeserved and false accolades have to ring hollow inside.

And why in the world would this guy want to show up at any future races where everyone would know that he was a tool? If he wanted to compete against the course, others or himself, all he had to do was to not hide in a port-a-potty.

13-Jan-18
You do know that you've just described PaulTheAtheistFromConnecticut to a "T".

13-Jan-18
I had a college teammate that was the opposite of these guys. He was running a summer road race and was in 2nd place by 40 seconds. The lead runner got stopped by a train so my buddy timed the interval until he got to the train. By the time the train cleared, my buddy stood there for 40 seconds while the first and third runners took off.

14-Jan-18
Ameobus,

I've seen more-or-less the same thing in my running career.

14-Jan-18
I can't lie I only race for the cookies at the finish line. You can not buy cookies that taste that good anywhere.

14-Jan-18
Brought back memories of my senior year in PE. We had to run a cross country 1.5 miles as part of a whole bunch of fitness tests. So the four of us seniors in the class devised a plan to cut off a chunk of the race. The teacher hated this class because of the four of us. He probably knew what we did but was just glad to get rid of us. We were supposed to run behind a 100 yd long mound at the football field make a loop and run back over the top as part of the course. When we ran behind we just laid down until the rest of the class came running by again. Back then in the little town I lived in no one ran distance. I only did if I was being chased out of a farmers field for eating a watermelon. At that point I was uncatchable.

14-Jan-18
I didn't recall that Rosie Ruiz gal so I looked her up on Wiki. She has a dubious background.

In 1982, Ruiz was arrested for embezzling $60,000 from a real estate company where she worked. She spent one week in jail and was sentenced to five years' probation.[10][11] She then moved back to South Florida, where she was arrested in 1983 for her involvement in a cocaine deal. She was sentenced to three years' probation.[11][12] In April 1993, she was working in West Palm Beach[11] as a client representative for a medical laboratory company.[13] As of 2000, she still maintained that she ran the entire 1980 Boston Marathon.[2]

• Sitka Gear