Woods Walker 14-Jan-18
slade 14-Jan-18
Shuteye 15-Jan-18
TD 15-Jan-18
gflight 16-Jan-18
13-Jan-18
NK shot one near Hawaii

13-Jan-18
My son is there and the civil defense sirens went off on Oahu and Maui.

13-Jan-18
If it indeed came from the Physco Fat Boy, it's time to take him out.

13-Jan-18
Panicked a lot of people. Emergecy alert call went out on everyone’s cell phones.

13-Jan-18
So what happened ?? A false alarm ???

13-Jan-18
Some one pushed a wrong button at shift change. Bet they got a reprimand.

13-Jan-18

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
My son and family are over there.

13-Jan-18
Wow !!! Just Wow !!!

13-Jan-18
So, was there a missile or not?

13-Jan-18
OOPS

13-Jan-18
When the populace gets jumpy bad things can happen. The Yu answer is 55-grain ballistic tip at 3,000 fps.

13-Jan-18
No missle launch. My 8 year old had the cell phone when the message came over. Wonder how many heart attacks were created?

13-Jan-18
Ok so someone pushed the wrong button, did this also trigger us to have a finger on the nuke button. How close did we come to nuclear war. So we came near endeng the world cause someone had an oops moment.

13-Jan-18
The liberals want the same government that did this controlling health care.

13-Jan-18
Even if it was a dummy pushing the wrong button should have been apparent immediately, not 45 min. later.

13-Jan-18
Phone alerts went off. Sirens did not, which was odd right off. Some folks panicked. When two or more panicked people bumped into each other it was actually kind of entertaining to see the panic level grow exponentially.

Some folks were mad. IMO after it all shakes out, it wasn't a real bad thing. Makes folks think about things, shakes them out of their comfortable little bubble. I was at work, not much you can do. Stay inside, away from windows, etc. like with a hurricane I guess. (in grammar school we hid under our desks.....) The warnings on TV said we only had minutes to impact. OK, if today is the day..... I'm fine with that. It is what it is.

But have to admit.... one of my first thoughts..... if this goes down..... I want revenge, retribution..... Mr Trump, level and eliminate that country from the face of the earth. Nothing survives, not even a blade of grass......

13-Jan-18
I think the reason some of the sirens went off and others didn't is because it is another guy that sets off the sirens. He had started and it was realized it was a mistake.

13-Jan-18
The cell phone will be the end of mankind as we know it. In fact it already is.

13-Jan-18
Shuteye - "The liberals want the same government that did this controlling health care."

The liberals want Hawaii to control national health care? First I heard of that!

(Watch the news - this was a mistake by the Hawaiian EMA.)

13-Jan-18
Might increase the number of people in HI who would vote to decrease the world population of dictators by 1 or 2.

14-Jan-18
Has anyone mentioned that trump played gold through the entire 38 min? Captain twitter fingers can use twitter to reassure his nation but no! He’ll just choose that 5 iron and see what happens. He’s no leader. A real leader takes calls and reassures one of his states. He immediately gets briefed and ten takes action. This guy? Tee it up! Unreal.

14-Jan-18
atheist. You are a LYING FRAUD. I will mention, that YOU are the Community Forums Biggest LIAR.

14-Jan-18
And what was obama doing during Benghazi...?

14-Jan-18
Atheist believes in strong leadership. You know those courageous leaders who lead from.....BEHIND!!!!!!!!!!!

14-Jan-18
A better question is, atheist. Will you come back on here quick, and remove all doubt of you being a COMPLETE DUMBA$$, or will you scamper off for a couple days, try and swing in and strike off something ignorant again? Either way moron, I will be here to nail you, which ever you decide. 8^)))

14-Jan-18
Hey, Sybil!

Trump doesn't get his national security information from some low level public employee in Hawaii!

Good grief!

14-Jan-18
Atheist: ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!! WHY are you still here when you promised us you'd leave if Trump got elected?

14-Jan-18
Prepping the mentality of the sheep for future action against NK.

FISA is up for reauthorization as well.

Plebeian's give up rights when their scared.....

On the bright side no buildings were imploded...;^)

14-Jan-18
There should be a little more involved than pushing a button to set of an alert like this. What "button" is next to the incoming missile button that the button pusher was intending on pushing? Or did someone just oops and bump a button and didn't even know? Like I said, this should not be set up to happen by accident.

14-Jan-18
Button has a wire cover, Has to be removed in order to activate so no accident. It has a 5 phase operation too. 5 seperate protocols before the message can be sent. We will probably never hear the truth. Another thing is that sirens did go off and that requires another button to be pushed. No accident would be compounded like that. Most likely is that we took a rocket out very quickly but felt Hawaii had to be warned in case of a miss. Another problem they have is the length of time to say it was not real. If we shot down a missle that would explain the holdup. I have a feeling right now at Defcon 1 there are some nukes very close to NK ready to fly. God bless, Steve

14-Jan-18
I edited to include that there are 5 separate protocols that must be met in order to activate the message. No way to hit the button by accident and send the message. Lot of lying going on. Kind of reminds me of Las Vegas shooting. God bless, Steve

14-Jan-18
That was the same thought I had Steve. And it's pretty damn obvious. SOMETHING stinks.....bad.

14-Jan-18
If something like this can occur simply because "someone pushed a wrong button", then we are in REALLY big trouble. I cannot believe there's no system of checks and rechecks before something with the magnitude of a missile attack warning that could ignite WWIII be allowed to occur.

What if the janitor accidentally pushes the same button that he thought would turn on the lights? Or he bumps into it while working?

14-Jan-18
WW, The HI Gov reported someone pushed the wrong button and now has been reassigned. You guys forget we are talking about the peoples Republic of HI, progressives rule.

The Hawaii public employee who plunged the state into chaos by accidentally sending out an incoming-missile emergency alert Saturday has been re-assigned, according to reports.

The unnamed emergency-department worker will not be fired because he made an honest mistake, said Hawaii Emergency Management Agency spokesman Richard Rapoza to the Washington Post.

“Part of the problem was it was too easy — for anyone — to make such a big mistake,” Rapoza said. “We have to make sure that we’re not looking for retribution, but we should be fixing the problems in the system. … I know that it’s a very, very difficult situation for him.”

The agency has already put in place new safeguards to prevent such a misfire — including a “cancel” button that will immediately send out corrective alerts when an erroneous warning is issued, officials said Sunday.

15-Jan-18
The big picture is that is probably a good thing this happened. You can bet every state is now looking at how to inform the people if a missile attack actually happens. Or I should say states with Republican leaders.

15-Jan-18

TD's Link
Funny da kine youtube. Language warning, but funny.

16-Jan-18

gflight's Link
The prep to scare the plebeians continues....

"In a sign, perhaps, that the world is on edge about a potential nuclear war, Japan’s public broadcaster on Tuesday accidentally sent news alerts that North Korea had launched a missile and that citizens should take shelter — just days after the government of Hawaii had sent a similar warning to its citizens."

Get ready to invade and renew FISA....

• Sitka Gear