JL 15-Jan-18
wooddamon1 15-Jan-18
Woods Walker 15-Jan-18
Grunt-N-Gobble 15-Jan-18
bigswivle 15-Jan-18
13-Jan-18

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Surprised someone hasn't mentioned this yet. This may get interesting to see if the Dems who supported him will now turn against him.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/13/chelsea-manning-files-to-run-for-us-senate-seat-in-maryland.html

Chelsea Manning, a transgender former Army intelligence analyst convicted of leaking classified documents, has filed to run for the U.S. Senate.

The Washington Post first reported Saturday that Manning has filed to run in Maryland for the seat of Democratic Sen. Ben Cardin.

The Federal Election Commission website shows a Jan. 11 filing for “Chelsea Manning for U.S. Senate” with the party affiliation registered as Democrat -- suggesting a primary challenge for Cardin.

Manning, then known as Bradley Manning, was arrested in 2010 and convicted in 2013 of leaking a trove of sensitive documents to WikiLeaks. Manning’s sentence was controversially commuted by President Barack Obama in 2017 after Manning had served seven years of a 35-year sentence.

Since leaving prison, Manning has become known for controversial tweets, often accompanied with a series of emojis and the hashtag #WeGotThis. Last week, Manning tweeted out the message “f---k the police” on Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, along with the hashtag #DisarmThePolice

Manning has also referred to Immigration and Customs Enforcement as “literally the new gestapo.”

so @icegov is literally the new gestapo ?????? #AbolishICE #WeGotThis https://t.co/mpp1s47KiV — Chelsea E. Manning (@xychelsea) January 10, 2018

13-Jan-18
Just what the Dems advocate.

An America hater and a convicted traitor.

The perfect fit for the 'resist' crowd.

13-Jan-18
A trans "woman" ran and won a state seat in VA. We are living in an end-times-grade bizarro world. Nothing surprises me anymore.

14-Jan-18
You can be assured that I won't vote for it.

14-Jan-18
Its a liberal, that's for sure. Should have been shot for treason during war.

14-Jan-18
Only in this country could a person, guilty of treason, even begin to think they had the right and, the ability to run for an open seat of the Senate. We are starting to get a real good Glimpse of what kind of results liberal policy gives us. Keep it up Please.

14-Jan-18
Obama is the one who freed the little warped bastard.

14-Jan-18
I shudder to think how many votes Manning would get in Maryland. If we want America to become a s-hole as bad as the places Trump mentioned, this would be a good start.

14-Jan-18
it should have been shot by firing squad.

14-Jan-18
How can you run for federal office when dishonorably discharged? I guess its OK if you run on the democratic ticket?

14-Jan-18
I was wondering the same thing.Especially for a federal office must do some research on this.

14-Jan-18
Maybe it can get Bergdahl to be it's campaign manager.

14-Jan-18
Actually, given the general bearing of congress over time, this development makes sense. Birds of a feather and all that.

14-Jan-18
AccMan,

"How can you run for federal office when dishonorably discharged? I guess its OK if you run on the democratic ticket?"

Heck, if you run on the Dem ticket, it's a resume' enhancer!

14-Jan-18

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
From IowaHawk, aka, David Burge, my favorite blogger.

14-Jan-18
The only good news is that we will know exactly how many Maryland voters are too stupid to live should Manning get on the ticket.

14-Jan-18
So this traitorous "f the cops" piece of white trash is running for senate while a sailor who took a couple of pictures inside his ship to show his kids is still serving time! WTF is happening to this country?

14-Jan-18
He will be running against the incumbent Lib Ben Cardin. Manning was the darling of the Libs for leaking. Now that he is running against an incumbent, establishment Lib, it will be interesting to see if the establishment Libs will turn on him. Loyalty check will be forthcoming.

14-Jan-18
The bad news is that the number of people in Maryland too stupid to live will be significant.

14-Jan-18
Just when you think you have seen it all. Geez...

14-Jan-18
Which bathroom does IT use ?

14-Jan-18
"Just when you think you have seen it all. Geez..."

I don't think I want to see all of it's its, or ANY for that matter!

14-Jan-18
If that dude gets elected we should cut Maryland off of the USA and set it afloat out to sea........

14-Jan-18
You got that right. If it got elected it'd make ex-Senator Franken look NORMAL!

14-Jan-18
QOTD: "If Edward Kennedy could be a Senator, why not Bradley Manning?"

15-Jan-18
I dont know if this is true or not, but ive read that because of his conviction under federal law with the misuse and handling of classified documents, hes not leaglly eligible to run for public office.

15-Jan-18
"""Is Manning eligible to run for the Senate?

Despite her felony convictions, Manning is eligible to run for the Senate, Newsweek explains:

The Constitution does allow U.S citizens who have a criminal record to run for Congress, but state laws can be different. The only qualifications to run for U.S Senate in Maryland is to be at least 30-years-old, to have citizenship in the U.S for at least nine years, and live in the state at the time of the election. It does not state on their website that anyone who has a criminal record cannot run for U.S. Senate.

Manning was convicted of 21 crimes in 2013 after she leaked more than 700,000 classified government documents. Former President Barack Obama commuted her sentence to time served just before leaving office last January and she was released in May 2017."""

15-Jan-18
"She" LOL.

15-Jan-18
It's about as much a "she" as a fish is a dog.

15-Jan-18
Here is what I read and maybe others have too. Its a copy & paste.

According to the US Code he is disqualified to run due to the mishandling of classified information.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 States That A Violator Of This Statute "Shall Forfeit His Office And Be Disqualified From Holding Any Office Under The United States." "Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States." ( 18 U.S. Code § 2071, Accessed 10/29/16)

15-Jan-18
The scary thing to me is not that he/she gets a chance to run, but the fact that people will actually vote for the traitor

• Sitka Gear