SteveB 16-Jan-18
NvaGvUp 16-Jan-18
Mad dog 16-Jan-18
SteveB 18-Jan-18
elkmtngear 18-Jan-18
Mad dog 20-Jan-18
15-Jan-18

SteveB's Link
Almost hate to make this post, but if this is true, should we support them? Maybe there is a better way? According to this article (which may or may not be accurate) not a very big portion of their revenues go to the true Wounded Warriors. Execs make a small fortune too if this is true. Anyone know the truth?

http://republicbroadcasting.org/news/wounded-warriors-execs-make-out-like-bandits-actual-wounded-warriors-not-so-much/

15-Jan-18
I'd like to know more about this too.

16-Jan-18
Yep... This is old news, been going on for a long time.

There are much better organizations that support wounded warriors than the WWP... screw them.

16-Jan-18
Paralyzed Veterans of America were ranked #2 at one time.

16-Jan-18
This came to rear it's ugly head about 2 years ago, when WW was no longer headed by A Vet, let alone a Combat WOUNDED Vet. Two Madison Avenue PR wankers took over and "threw outrageous parties, they paid heavenly bills" (Eagles Life in the Fast Lane). Long time employees and actual "wounded warriors" that worked for the charity were disgusted at the extravagance and direction AWAY from actually helping out wounded vets. Last I followed it, they were ousted and Vets were again running it. Not sure right now. They became the "cool" charity to donate to with the Hollywood dirtbags and people that wanted to "look cool." Unfortunately, many well-meaning folks have sent them tons of money & still do. I did early on and got involved in a few local events. I saw this coming. The Gary Sinise Foundation, The Pat Tillman Foundation, Homes for Heroes are all on my top list because the highest percentage of donations actually get right to the beneficiaries. Mad Dog

16-Jan-18
Some folks wanted to put on trap shoot and donate proceeds to WW. They were told they could donate the money but they could not use the WW logo in any promotions because it involved firearms and shooting event. Their CEO was interviewed by Tom Gresham on Gun Talk and it was a slippery political affair. He was as slippery as any politician I ever heard. Like trying to pin down a watermelon seed.

16-Jan-18

Straight —» Arrow's embedded Photo
Straight —» Arrow's embedded Photo

Straight —» Arrow's Link
they are ruining the public perception for good organizations like MD list above. I am the Fundraising Director for the Navy SEAL Foundation Frogman Swim Series. None of us make a dime....we donate almost everything to keep it running. If you want to help a group that runs an efficient charity take a look at the Navy SEAL Foundation.

16-Jan-18
SA...thanks for that! I was not aware of it. And I'm a Navy vet.

16-Jan-18
Pretty sad. Susan G Koman I think is worse

16-Jan-18
I pay attention to this stuff because many oraganizations are just fronts for execs to skim fortunes. I find this revolting. I hope Bowsite’s mods and owners see this. Of course, this does not diminish the warriors who take part in this.

16-Jan-18
There are numerous outfits out there using the term 'Wounded Warriors' in their name.

Some are very good. Some use the term solely to enrich themselves by getting donations from gullible but well meaning people.

The only WW organization I support is Wounded Warriors Outdoors. Their founder is a businessman who makes not a dime from the organization.

16-Jan-18
Another Fraud cash cow was the Carol M Baldwin Cancer charity. Yup. You guessed it, good ol liberal Hollywood Asshole, Alec Baldwin's Mothers org. She beat cancer and that's great, but the "charity" got nailed for not donating shit and cooking the books. Mad Dog

18-Jan-18
I understand that the one Bowsite used, WWIAF is completely different and was thoroughly vetted prior. Nearly all proceeds go directly to the cause. Outstanding! I should have known :)

18-Jan-18
The Wounded Warrior program that is in question here does good things for people who need it so it's not fair to completely condemn them. They are being criticized because they do not efficiently pass along the funds they raise their beneficiary. It is a failure in leadership.

18-Jan-18
Just my personal experience, my Daughter suffered for two years with a labral tear in her hip, sustained during Infantry Training (she was one of the first 50 Women to attempt Marine Infantry Training).

When she finally got a positive diagnosis by MRI (after 2 Years), I researched options, and found a place near D.C. that specialized in Stem Cell Treatment. They also worked with the Wounded Warrior Program.

When I contacted the Facility and got the ball rolling to get Holli to D.C. from Okinawa, they contacted Wounded Warriors for me. Since active duty members only qualify for standard surgery, the procedure would have to come out of pocket. Wounded Warriors had a check cut for the entire procedure within one week.

Holli's stem cell repair was a blessing, it's a rock solid repair. She's actually managed to make decent scores on her PFT since having it done a couple Years ago.

I'm sure she's not the only one who has benefited from Wounded Warrior intervention. No doubt they could probably do more, but luckily, they were there for my Daughter.

20-Jan-18
That's good to hear and I hope they are very careful who sits on & leads their board going foward. You should be super-proud of your daughter! Mad Dog

• Sitka Gear