7mm08 23-Jan-18
Mad dog 23-Jan-18
slade 24-Jan-18
Jimbo 24-Jan-18
17-Jan-18

slade's Link
NFL Ratings Plunge As 23 Million Fewer Viewers Watch Divisional Playoffs

17-Jan-18
I'm going to be honest. I've had to really bight my tongue on this. I surely am not trying to judge anyone at all. And, I know no one owes me anything. But, for the life of me, I can't see a grown, patriotic American watching one more single second of the NFL after this kneeling debacle. I don't like that the players did it and, have zero regard for them. But, more importantly, I despise the NFL for going against their policy of letting them do it. It shows absolutely no leadership or discipline on their part. Spineless. Bought and sold by the dollar. It's unspeakable to me that this action can just be shrugged off. But, I haven't been a fan for a long time. Ever since they begin to play politics with their enforcement of rules. It blows my mind that any remotely conservative American doesn't see it that way. Because that is the way it is. No getting around that. I guess my principles concerning my entertainment is different than some. God Bless

17-Jan-18
With you mountaineer. As I've said in the Goodbye NFL post, I have a few family members who STILL watch it. They consider themselves Conservatives. Me thinks they are the frogs boiling slowly in the pot that think the hot tub feels good. This is how a country & civilization is lost: apathy Mad Dog

17-Jan-18
It'll be interesting to see what the ratings are for the Superbowl.

17-Jan-18
The head-up-their-arises crew will explain it away. All good in Mr Rogers neighborhood for them:

NFL FOOTBALL, BEER, WINGS????? I'm in. Mad Dog

17-Jan-18
I still watch some, nothing like I have in the past, I'm just a huge fan of good football. I find myself flipping to the channel with a playoff game on, watch it for a few minutes and change the channel. If the game is close, like the end of the Viking game, I will keep it there longer or flip back more frequently, I actually watched the last 3 minutes of the Viking game without switching channels....about the longest stretch all year.

18-Jan-18
I am a Broncos fan and enjoy good football. My rule for the past 30 years is that if I can do, I don't waste time watching. So, hunting, or shooting the bow always trumps watching the ball game. Almost always.....

I just don't buy products from sponsors that buy into the kneeling.

18-Jan-18
You guys proved your point.... There were 23 million fewer viewers.... So what's the point of continuing to post threads on this and harp on it ?? You have your stance. Other people have theirs.... At this point I don't see either side changing their minds.... So what is your point in continuing to post on it ?

18-Jan-18
It’s working.

18-Jan-18
I loved/love football. I just love America more.

BB, you have zero problems revisiting any topic over and over. It shouldn't bother you if others do it too.

18-Jan-18
Love the NFL... love watching NFL games... will watch both conference championship games this weekend and then the Super Bowl. And, I'm just as patriotic as each of you. The fact that some knuckleheads decided to kneel and disrespect the flag has zero impact on how I feel about my country.

Go Patriots!

18-Jan-18
I saw the highlights on the news of the playoff games but don't watch the games. I would rather watch Nat Geo Wild. Decided I ain't huntin' in Australia, too much stuff to kill you there.

18-Jan-18
I will never watch an NFL game again. They can never rehabilitate themselves in my eyes. This is my second year......I don't miss it.

18-Jan-18
None of the Vikings kneeled, and as a team seem like a great group of guys. Good enough for now...

One thing is for sure, Goodell is the worst sports commissioner in my lifetime. The game became almost unwatchable long before the kneelers came along. He caved to the kneelers in epic spineless fashion. I watch simply because the Vikes are good this year and I'm a bandwagon kind of guy.

18-Jan-18
No Giants, Cowboys, Packers, etc. A huge blowout in primtime. Jags, Vikings, Titans. All relatively small fan bases. Wait until you get a Jags/Vikings Super Bowl. Then you'll see some ratings records in the toilet.

18-Jan-18
what did the nfl expect? imagine if bowtech, mathews, plano, sitka or another company's employees disrespected our flag and troops and kneeled during the anthem. their sales would plummet too.

18-Jan-18

Grey Ghost's Link
Yawn.

NFL football was still the #1 rated programs on both Saturday and Sunday by HUGE margins.

Matt

18-Jan-18
Well based on the program offerings for the weekend, that's not saying much. Oh wait......there's always SNL!

18-Jan-18
If New England gets in, the SB ratings will be through the roof. To see if Brady/Bellichick can make it 6 will be a huge draw...half will tune in to see them succeed the other half to see them fail.

I'm personally hoping for a Vikes-Pats Super Bowl. Would be epic. One team with a long history of failure, the other the most successful ever. Would be pretty compelling imo.

18-Jan-18
"So what's the point of continuing to post threads on this and harp on it ?? You have your stance. Other people have theirs...."

Cuz if you don't agree with the Bowsite masses, you might as well be a liberal!

18-Jan-18
When the NFL games draw 20-30 million viewers each game, and the closest completion draws 3-5 million, I'd say the NFL is still very popular despite the self-righteous boycotters.

Kodiak, I agree, a Vikings vs Patriots Super Bowl would be very interesting. There are a lot of story lines to that matchup.

Matt

18-Jan-18
"Cuz if you don't agree with the Bowsite masses, you might as well be a liberal!"

Actually, it's only a handful of priggish posters who keep promoting the boycotting. I'd venture to guess the majority of CF regulars are still watching NFL football.

Matt

18-Jan-18
I don't watch it. Won't watch the SB either. Patriotism and standing up for what you think is right doesn't get put in the closet when Sunday rolls around and then pulled back out on Monday.

18-Jan-18
I ain't watching it. And I doubt anyone would consider me priggish if they knew me. Stubborn maybe...No local team to root for anymore. Never supported the AFL so can't root for the Chiefs and since I'm a Cardinal fan there is no way on God's Green Earth I would support any team out of Chicago...8^)

I do have around $150 on various square games around here. Don't care who wins or loses, just want them to score correct number of points at the proper intervals in the game...8^)

I think its funny to watch the pro-nfl guys heads explode every time someone brings it up and it is just as funny to watch the anti-nfl guys heads explode every time someone brings it up. Highly entertaining...8^)

Since I stopped making my Sunday afternoons revolve around the NFL I have found that I have more time for more interesting things...so that's a plus...Still don't think that makes me priggish though...hahaha

18-Jan-18
It's been pointed out numerous times that there are far more NFL players doing great things for charitable organizations and other community programs than there were kneelers. The self-proclaimed superior patriots have never acknowledged that fact.

Watch, or don't watch, I don't really care. But don't claim some moral high ground for your decision. That's all I ask.

Matt

18-Jan-18
Alright JL you threw it out there with, "standing up for what you think is right doesn't get put in the closet when Sunday rolls around and then pulled back out on Monday. "

So please explain how you can support Trump who has clearly cheated on multiple wives, business dealings and by all definitions shows almost no Christian attributes.

How can you hide those facts and support him, yet not watch players who have a legitimate issue (just not doing it the best way)?

The reason I ask is because I believe in your statement and why I could never support him for any reason. The man is not someone I want my children to look up to - he's actually the poster child for my kids of what not to be like.

Just like NFL players. My kids know the good and bad of athletes.

18-Jan-18
I have never been a glued to the tv kind of NFL fan on Sunday. The 3 teams I would watch are the Vikings, cowboys and broncos. I also have watched more during the playoffs. I however used to watch Monday night football religiously though. However I never did watch a game this year partially due to the kneelers but also the terrible commentators. I sure do miss the days of Al, Frank and Dan.

18-Jan-18
Speaking of terrible commentators, Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard.

18-Jan-18

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo

18-Jan-18
Anyone would be crazy to bet against the Patriots and their recent domination of the NFL....

But the thought of 2 smaller market teams playing in the Super Bowl is appealing to me... It gives hope to every NFL fan in every city that their team might someday get there.....

18-Jan-18
Brady's hand is hurting. I'm a Saints fan in Chicago so I don't see them to much on tv. Yes I watched the playoff game broke my heart lol . With that said I curtailed watching the game when leftists like Bob Costa started preaching his views. I want to watch the game not a sermon.

In 1976 I enlisted to protect the country and the constitution. Don't agree with what the players did their 1st amendment right. Feel their the one's who have to look deep into their own hearts and live with the repercussions of their actions .

18-Jan-18
Sage, Good question. Seeing as how you asked....speaking for myself....Trump was not my first GOP choice. That was Ted Cruz. However at the end of the day there was Hillary and Trump left standing. Who do you vote for.....Hil or Trump...or don't vote? I went with Trump because ABO was the rule and not voting didn't seem right to me. If Hil was elected Prez....we would be talking the same thing. IMO politically speaking....Trump is clueless as a politician. He has lowered the bar on civil discourse and I fear the next Prez may use that lowered bar as the excuse for "he did it, why can't I" type leadership. I believe Trump could convey the exact same messages without the rhetoric and be just as successful. You're correct....his personal life isn't a shining example we should strive to emulate.

On the flip side...Trump is doing what he said he would...or at least trying. He accomplished one egg of the golden goose and that was his first SCOTUS Justice. I consider that a major success for him and the country. The economy is doing well and jobs and money are returning to the US.

To answer your question of how can I support Trump with his personal faults and not the NFL players who you say have a legit issue? This as a case of supporting what is good for the country and not the person running it. Do I want to see this Prez do what he said he would? Yes...because IMO it is for the betterment of the country and that is what has to come first. If you don't like the guy personally...that's ok....I wouldn't run with him either. If you want his particular policies to fail, that will hurt the country. I think most honest folks do not want to see the country hurt. I will also say I did not want to see Prez Obama's policies succeed because I felt they were bad for the country. Why would one want to see what they believe are harmful/damaging policies to the country put in place? I believe there is enough evidence now...at least economically and on the world stage that show Prez Obama's agenda was bad for the country. Prez Obama was a charismatic guy and a great speaker...just not a good Prez. I think history will show that to be the case.

Do I think the kneeling players have a legit beef.....no...not in my view. Many of the problems they claim exist really do exist....but they are self-induced. Million dollar players getting arrested for crimes is not the best example to set and it doesn't help their cause. Police brutality...yep bad cops are out there but they are the exception, not the rule as the kneeling players want you to believe. Get rid of the bad cops but don't go fighting the good cops...that is a loosing proposition. The players are free to have what views they want...just as we all are. As you said, they are not expressing their views in the best way by kneeling for the National Anthem. Even some young kids in schools were kneeling parroting the examples they seen on TV. Is that the example we want kids in school to follow? I think some of the players and owners got caught up in the hype and didn't realize the public outcry against them would be what it is. There is a time and place to advocate your view point and when the NA is playing is not it.

18-Jan-18
Gotta love the rationalizing that takes place here... it's world class.

18-Jan-18
Is it Sunday?;)

18-Jan-18
I quit watching the NFL. However, I did watch the college games.

18-Jan-18
I'd like to see the Vikings win the SB. That said, I hope nothing political happens during the Athem or half time show. I'm tired of the drama with the NFL players.

20-Jan-18
I quit watching football in 1979. Never missed it.

20-Jan-18
"Since I stopped making my Sunday afternoons revolve around the NFL I have found that I have more time for more interesting things...so that's a plus"

The year or two I was into fantasy football, I was watching every game on. Of course, I was the one tabulating the points each week (yes, i am old). Getting out of FF made it so I didn't feel the need to watch the crappy games. Now it is mainly the vikings. I am a glutton for punishment.

20-Jan-18
Didn't care for the NFL 2, 10, or 20 years ago. Still don't care for it. So whatever. My dislike for it has never made a dent in it, never will. Have better things to do that's all. If somone likes it, that's good because I'm sure there are things I do and like that they don't.

20-Jan-18
Nice post high life. GG. U You always try to run with whom you THINK will be popular or the winner. YOU have no scruples and stand for nothing. Jimbo, Preen all you want, but DONT EVEN PRETEND to LOVE AMERICA more than I do. You showed your true colors. Mad Dog

21-Jan-18
Nowcwe are into "I love America more than you do" debates on the internet among strangers. That should end with alignment and clarity and changed minds I am sure.

21-Jan-18
The only thing worse than the bou is hearing unprincipled men talk about the reasoning skill of principled men.

Watch it or don’t. It is what it is. But, it doesn’t change what it is. God Bless men

21-Jan-18
Me and my "unprincipled" friends are looking forward to the games today. Should be a fun afternoon of eating, drinking, and socializing.

I hope you prigs have an equally entertaining day.

Matt

21-Jan-18
Go Patriots!!!

21-Jan-18
Brady and the Pats are going to the Super Bowl........AGAIN !!

He will undoubtedly go down as the best QB ever in NFL history !!

21-Jan-18
LOL - there's no "undoubtedly go down" - he already is - period!

...and I'm a life long Steelers fan.

21-Jan-18
2 GOATS: Brady and Belichick. Not even questionable.

NFL = The Race for Second Place....

(and, no, I am not a NE fan.)

21-Jan-18
NFC championship game had a very patriotic National Anthem. Made me proud to be an American.

21-Jan-18
Never saw a kneeler either. Just hands on hearts and men ready to play football. Awesome game.

21-Jan-18
+1 Michael. Top shelf national anthem!

21-Jan-18
Yeah, that was sharp. And good PR for the NFL.

21-Jan-18
Jimbo:Love the NFL... love watching NFL games... will watch both conference championship games this weekend and then the Super Bowl. And, I'm just as patriotic as each of you. So you love people that spit on our flag nd hate this country. That is not what a Patriot did, That is what Tories did. Call yourself a compromiser and we will agree with you. GG: So now people that love this country and will not bow down or kneel down and compromise their patriotism are prigs?? And just what does that make you and the others that make excuses for your lack of patriotism? Think about it. BTW you an others started the name calling. Oh and my patriotism will not bow down , kneel down, be compromised in any way by a bunch of people that spit on our flag and national anthem. You cannot say that.

God bless, Steve

21-Jan-18
if the ratings are crashing it must be because the Vikings are crapping all over the place

21-Jan-18
Patriots & Eagles... should be a good game.

21-Jan-18
Sixby. With you on this. Do u hear the AVOIDANCE? They won't stand up for The FLAG in times of peace, imagine how weak they would be in a TRUE challenge to our Country, like an invasion? VICHY FRENCH champagne all around. Wouldn't want these guys on my team. I'm sure flag burning ok with the Vichy Americans too Mad Dog

22-Jan-18
L @ L Bro. They can take point------> God bless, Steve

22-Jan-18
Well, at least one of the games was entertaining today. The Vikings were disappointing, but I think the Eagles will be a better opponent for NE.

BTW, did you see those packed stadiums today? Wow.

Oh, I'm sorry, were the prigs talking?

Matt

22-Jan-18
"Prigs"

LOL... absolutely the perfect descriptive word, Matt.

22-Jan-18
22-Jan-18
You know a couple hundred years ago I heard of some fellas who wouldn't bow to their King or flag. Wonder whatever happened to those guys.

Anyway, can't believe the Vikings choked. Oh wait...

I don't like the Eagles but hate the Pats more. Go Eagles!!!

22-Jan-18
If you live anywhere near the Harrisburg PA area, there is a huge sports show there Feb 3rd thru 11th. My favorite day to go is superbowl sunday.

22-Jan-18
Ratings Crash for Vikings-Eagles NFC Championship Game, Jags-Pats Earn Lowest Early Game Rating Since 2013 by DYLAN GWINN

If you’re the NFL this morning, looking at the ratings from Sunday’s conference championship games, chances are you’re mixing something extra strong into that morning coffee.

A regular season trend of declining ratings which then turned into a postseason trend of declining ratings, has culminated into a championship weekend of, you guessed it, declining ratings.

The early game on CBS, between the Patriots and the Jaguars, drew a 27.3 rating. While that’s only down a tenth of a point from the 27.4 rating that the Packers and Falcons drew in that time-slot last year, it’s also the lowest rated early game in the last five years. Bested only by a woeful 2013 early game between the Falcons and 49ers, which drew a 26.1 rating.

The late game numbers from the Vikings and Eagles, did not improve the situation for the NFL. Vikings-Eagles drew a 24.7 rating, a 2.9 percent drop from the 27.6 rating that the Steelers and Patriots drew last year.

It’s also the second lowest rating for a late game since 2009, surpassed only by the “Deflategate” between the Patriots and Colts in 2015.

Here’a chart provided by Sports TV ratings, which shows the early and late game playoff numbers stretching back to 2006:

The NFL has a chance to turn the situation around. The Super Bowl will feature the much-loved/much-hated Patriots, who hail from a major market; against a major market team in Philadelphia, that has at least a somewhat compelling story-line with backup quarterback Nick Foles at the helm.

Still, regardless of how well the Super Bowl does, there’s no mistaking the fact that the NFL has a serious problem on its hands when it comes to viewership.

23-Jan-18
NFL rejects AMVETS "stupid-bowl" ad because it said "PLEASE STAND." Nice guys. Real pro vet & Pro American! Enjoy mad dog

23-Jan-18
It's truly laughable that GG Derides us as "PRIGGISH." (Who the F uses such queer vocab? Did you attend Oxford, dude or are you just overcompensating?) "Sanctimonious, self-righteous, prim and stuffy" Very astute self-description, GG! Mad Dog

23-Jan-18
I'm glad to help you expand your vocabulary, Mad Doggie.

37 of the 50 most watched TV broadcasts in 2017 were NFL games. Sorry, prigs.

Matt

23-Jan-18

Nick Muche's Link

23-Jan-18
From Nick's link

23-Jan-18
GG, authentic intellectuals don't use $20 words to impress. William F Buckley you are NOT! Since you brought it up: My "edu-macation" stats - magna cum laude State University of New York at Stony Brook 3.83 - Phi Beta Kappa (nah son It ain't a Greek frat house That Blutarsky belonged to! Maybe you need to consult your Funk & Wagnells) - Accepted at three, good, NYC law schools -Licensed Master Plumber & Instructor since 1998 - Major in Political Science - Minor in English I knows lotsa reeel good college words from some proper book learnin,' Mr Matt, I just prefer to speak like normal Deplorables do, You know....regular folks that don't take themselves too seriously, like you, the priggy-one. Here priggy priggy SUEY!! Mad Dog

23-Jan-18
Thanks for your resume', Doggie.

Very impressive.

Matt

23-Jan-18
Impressive resume? Absolutely! You are one highly educated and skilled man, Mad Dog.

Regular folks that don't take themselves too seriously? You, Mad Dog? Ummm, okay... I guess.

23-Jan-18
Well..... You certainly hide your education well. :)

23-Jan-18

23-Jan-18

23-Jan-18
damn ipad.

23-Jan-18
As a 31 yr veteran I have sworn off professional football. Thousand upon thousands have bled and died to protect what that flag represents... and even more have suffered debilitating injuries. I quit watching it and don't miss it one bit. They are not worth my time.

23-Jan-18
Jimbo, Fuck you , ummm I guess. If not, you're gonna buy me a beer. Buck up! Homey. Mad Dog

24-Jan-18
Welcome to the CF 7mm08 and thank you for your service.

24-Jan-18
LOL

• Sitka Gear