Contributors to this thread:
Annony Mouse 18-Jan-18
Shuteye 18-Jan-18
bb 18-Jan-18
elkmtngear 18-Jan-18
Kodiak 19-Jan-18
18-Jan-18
Swiss Town Denies Passport To Dutch Vegan Because She Is ‘Too Annoying’

Right there with ya, Swiss guys. They found annoying liberal just too much to take.

Via Yahoo:

A Dutch vegan who applied for a Swiss passport has had her application rejected because the locals found her too annoying.

Nancy Holten, 42, moved to Switzerland from the Netherlands when she was eight years old and now has children who are Swiss nationals.

However, when she tried to get a Swiss passport for herself, residents of Gipf-Oberfrick in the canton of Aargau rejected her application.

Ms Holten, a vegan and animal rights activist, has campaigned against the use of cowbells in the village and her actions have annoyed the locals.

The resident’s committee argued that if she does not accept Swiss traditions and the Swiss way of life, she should not be able to become an official national.

Ms Holten told local media: “The bells, which the cows have to wear when they walk to and from the pasture, are especially heavy.

“The animals carry around five kilograms around their neck. It causes friction and burns to their skin.”

She added: “The sound that cow bells make is a hundred decibel. It is comparable with a pneumatic drill. We also would not want such a thing hanging close to our ears?”

Tanja Suter, the president of the local Swiss People’s Party, claimed Ms Holten has a “big mouth” and that residents did not want to grant her citizenship “if she annoys us and doesn’t respect our traditions”.

Keep reading…

1. In the country for 34 years, but never applied for citizenship. (Even though she raised a family there.)

2. Failure to respect Swiss culture or attempt to assimilate.

3. Expects her neighbors to adopt her views.

;o)

18-Jan-18
I wouldn't want any woman that doesn't like cow bells in my neighborhood. As a matter of fact, when my son is playing music, I often tell him, "More cow bells."

18-Jan-18
Perfect!

18-Jan-18

19-Jan-18
I damn near spit my coffee...more cowbell!!!!

• Sitka Gear