Bowbender 23-Jan-18
spike78 23-Jan-18
South Farm 23-Jan-18
spike78 23-Jan-18
spike78 23-Jan-18
SB 23-Jan-18
South Farm 24-Jan-18
20-Jan-18
Ive been looking at FJ’s, Tacoma’s, and 4Runners for my next vehicle and noticed the Honda Ridgeline has a more pickup truck look then in the previous years models. If you look at the new 17 and 18’s they have my attention. They have a pickup body with a SUV interior loaded with features. I read the driving comfort in this blows all the other pickups away. The cargo space is insane as the seats fold down, has a big bed, and a cargo space in the bed floor! Now for 4 wheeling out west hell no I understand that it doesn’t compare to a Tacoma but for hunting the Northeast like I do it may be the perfect all around vehicle. Any opinions or does anyone own one? Check them out they may get your attention.

20-Jan-18
A Honda is never a bad choice for comfort and convenience. Their engineers are great at making things easy to use, and comfortable. If your driving needs don't include ground clearance or low range gearing, I'm sure it would be an excellent choice.

20-Jan-18
The Ridgeline hasn't quite become a truck I could use yet but we have owned two Hondas that were fantastic and if they decide to seriously enter the truck market, I'll be interested.

20-Jan-18
I had the original 1996 Ridgeline and traded it in after trouble-free 210,000 miles. Loved that little truck (more than the new one). The hidden cargo bay under the bed is a fantastic invention. But gotta say, my Ridgeline was getting very dated with its old fashioned 6 cylinder engine. Heck, my new 420hp 6.2L Silverado get better gas mileage!

22-Jan-18
KPC same here. Where I live I haven’t really hunted any spots where I needed a great 4X4 yet. From the reviews I read it does just fine on your normal dirt roads etc.

22-Jan-18
LOVE my Tacoma.

23-Jan-18
My Tacoma is on 126,000 miles with no issues besides the brakes. I like it but it’s the access cab model so I hate that. Tacoma’s are great but they are behind the Times with technology compared to other brands and for what they cost.

23-Jan-18
You do realize that the Honda Ridgeline is one of three of the ugliest vehicles ever manufactured, right? The other two are the Pontiac Aztec, and of course the reigning world champ of ugly...the Toyota Prius. Don't buy one, your neighbors will make fun of you! :)

23-Jan-18
If I didn't need more bed space for hauling stuff that I don't want in the interior, I'd think about it seriously. My Honda Civic has almost 300, 000 miles on it, and all I've done is regular fluid changes.

23-Jan-18
A guy I work with was given a donor vehicle to use by the dealership while his vehicle was in the shop. It was the GMC Canyon (Colorado)? with the crew cab and it had the new diesel engine in it. Real peppy and quiet and comfortable as any car. 4X4 too. Pulls a 7500 ppund trailer or something like that. Gets good MPG. Not sure of the price. It was an intriguing vehicle.

23-Jan-18
I saw a few the other day and they are no longer ugly. I’m looking for a bit cheaper 2017 Ridgeline over the 2018. Complete fold down rear seats, cargo trunk in the bed, and it is the only bed that will fit a sheet of plywood flat in the back due to the lack of wheel wells!

23-Jan-18
"and then he bought a minivan"

A Sienna?

:-)

23-Jan-18
I wouldn't say the V6 in the Tacoma is anemic. I would call it adequate. I know many owners that pull small campers, boats, landscaping stuff.... with no issues. Gas mileage? I've been averaging between 18-20 with my 2011 Quad Cab 4WD Tacoma. Routine maintenance is a snap. Stock, it's more than off road capable. Add a 2"lift (stiffer springs and struts, not blocks) new new leaf pack in the rear, sliders, and there's no place you can't go.

With that said, a good friend and my BIL both have a Ridgeline. Mid 2000's I think , maybe 2007 or 08. I tease them whenever they mention their "truck". The reality is, for 90% of what we do, they are more than capable. The under bed storage is a great idea. Comfort level is great. And of course there is the quality of a Honda. Can't go wrong with one.

23-Jan-18
Was on lunch today with two co workers and we ate next to a Honda dealership. We swung by real quick to check out the new Ridgeline. My thoughts were it is a sweet truck with the bells and whistles. Bed looks the size of a Tacoma extended cab. The guys did not like it. Why? Cuz it wasn’t a bad ass off road machine. Honda has no issues telling consumers it is NOT a rock climbing machine. But for what it is supposed to be for it is at the top in my opinion. It cracks me up when people think they have a bad ass truck but never took it where any other truck couldn’t go.

23-Jan-18
Way to spoil my rant guys! I guess they do look different...but everything else I said I'm not taking back;)

23-Jan-18
I know one guy that has a new Tacoma TRD off-road truck. He doesn’t hunt or off-road. If I didn’t hunt I’d rather have something smoother driving then my Tacoma. KPC I went on a Ridgeline Owners forum and yup they were getting 300k. They also rather have the ugly ones then the new.

23-Jan-18
For giggles check out the new Toyota Concept SUV. Kind of different and neat. May come out in 2019.

23-Jan-18
You can't beat Honda reliability....I was a Honda motorcycle service tech for 42 yrs! Have had all kinds of Honda products. BUT......I have no use for a truck that dosn't have an 8ft. box!

24-Jan-18
"I have no use for a truck that doesn't have an 8ft. box!"

Can I get an AMEN?!!

• Sitka Gear