Sixby 24-Jan-18
Thumper 25-Jan-18
Sixby 25-Jan-18
Annony Mouse 25-Jan-18
Sixby 25-Jan-18
Annony Mouse 26-Jan-18
22-Jan-18
Especially in this state.

A proposed Assembly Constitutional Amendment by Assemblymen Kevin McCarty, D-Sacramento, and Phil Ting, D-San Francisco, would create a tax surcharge on California companies making more than $1 million so that half of their federal tax cut would instead go to programs that benefit low-income and middle-class families."

23-Jan-18
I seen something lately that California is 500 billion in debt.

Wow they can tax all they want there never going to get enough.

23-Jan-18
Ah...the bullet train to nowhere: symbol of CA proregressiveism.

23-Jan-18
And where is Toyota's US HQ now? Frisco, Texas.

More will follow. Would the last employer leaving California please turn out the lights?

23-Jan-18
Great News....

23-Jan-18
The only problem is that Californians are moving to states like Idaho and trying to turn us into liberals!

23-Jan-18
I know the feeling....Colorado is turning into California at altitude.

23-Jan-18
And that is why it is time to tell those liberal CA transplants to sit down and shut up. They are spreading throughout the west like a plague.

Maybe all the businesses in CA should shutdown for a month or two...

23-Jan-18
"I know the feeling....Colorado is turning into California at altitude."

When I lived in Wyoming 40 years ago we had that same opinion about Colorado even then......or at least the front range.

23-Jan-18
We have the same issue here. People from the coast want to move here to escape living in a crappy city and then want to turn it into a crap hole they left. We have our Home and property for sale. 5 acres of oaks in the foothills with a small creek running through it. People came out and said there’s no place for kids to play. I guess because there’s no large lawn.

23-Jan-18
When I was a kid that would have literally have been play heaven for me!!! Woods with a creek running through it! What else do you need????

23-Jan-18
"The only problem is that Californians are moving to states like Idaho and trying to turn us into liberals!"

Minnesota for example..

23-Jan-18
WW same here. We also have 1600 sq feet down stairs that’s unfinished. Windows are in but no drywall. Great are to send kids to play. Maybe I should put a tv on the wall and a new video game with a couple bags of Tide pods. Maybe that’s what it will take.

24-Jan-18
BREAKING] Weatherby to Leave California, Move to Wyoming

In a surprise announcement at the 2018 SHOT Show, gunmaker Weatherby revealed that they will be leaving the state of California, where they have been based since their founding in 1945. The company’s new home will be Sheridan, Wyoming, the sixth largest city in the state, nestled beside the Bighorn Mountains, and close to the border with Montana. The move was announced with little notice on the floor during the afternoon of the show on Monday, with the Wyoming Business Council in attendance. Adam Weatherby, founder Roy Weatherby’s grandson, cited strong economic incentives from the Wyoming Business Council, as well as more freedom to develop new products without onerous legal restrictions as reasons for leaving California.

Weatherby began with gunsmith Roy Weatherby, who became a major influence on the sporting and hunting rifle market. Weatherby’s developments in high velocity magnum cartridges with a high ratio of propellant to bore diameter set a trend in the industry that continues today. His .300 Weatherby Magum endures today as a factory round, and rounds like the .300 Winchester Magnum and 7mm Remington Magnum prove the popularity of his original concept. Today, the company he founded makes a line of premium hunting bolt actions and precision rifles that carry on the name.

24-Jan-18
One more business leaving California for a better state to do business. When the last employer leaves California, please turn out the lights.

24-Jan-18
I can remember when Florida had Floridians. Now a whole bunch of people have moved in from Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York. They are changing Florida into what they left.

24-Jan-18
SB,

Reminds me of Agent Smith in “The Matrix” when he’s interrogating Morpheus. Just replace the word humans with liberals.

“The only way for you to survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern... a virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer on this planet, you are a plague, and we... are the cure.”

24-Jan-18
I would replace 'human beings' with "progressives". Most liberals are really just modern day hippies. Progressives on the other hand are down right dangerous.

24-Jan-18
I would replace "progressives" with "proregressives"...much more descriptive. ;o)

24-Jan-18
Oregon Governor just passed a law that abortion would be paid for by the state and that was for any woman or girl without parental consent and full term. This was to include all citizens, legal and illegal. Sanctuary State here/ Here's the kicker./ The house just put up a bill we just voted on that would tax all doctors , hospitals , and even the state retirement fund in order to pay for the childrens murder. I love Oregon but with the stench of marijuana and the murder of babies I am going to have to sell my home and leave my state at the age of 70. God bless, Steve

25-Jan-18
No federal bail outs for Calif, let'em crash and burn. Its what they've earned!

25-Jan-18
Lot of good people in Cali that cannot control what has happened to them. A lot of the bad ones have left and moved to Oregon, Colorado, Nevada, and Washington and brought their garbage with them. They have taken over and destroyed this state. They are like an uncurable cancer and their lungs are the seat of government and the big cities. Once they become sanctuary and build the illegal voting base you might as well eliminate them from statehood and let them drown in their own vomit. I wish that they would never get another federal dollar or assist. It seems to be the only way to stop them. God bless, Steve

25-Jan-18
Only in California...

California Considers $1,000 Fine for Waiters Offering Unsolicited Plastic Straws

From link:

"...Calderon, the Democratic majority leader in California's lower house, has introduced a bill to stop sit-down restaurants from offering customers straws with their beverages unless they specifically request one. Under Calderon's law, a waiter who serves a drink with an unrequested straw in it would face up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000..."

25-Jan-18
10 yrs for a lemon in the water. LOL Just when you think they cannot go deeper into the pit , You look down and there's nothing there. They went clear out of sight.

God bless, Steve

26-Jan-18
Update to my previous post: From the Briarcliff Manor High School Institute of Creative Sciences and the intellectual giant of propaganda, Paul Zeidan.

Reporters, Politicians, and Activists Are Relying on Environmental Research Conducted by a 9-Year-Old

Reason Assistant Editor Christian Britschgi has been hot on the trail of one of my favorite stories of the new year. Yesterday he reported on an absurd California bill that would criminalize offering plastic straws to restaurant patrons. If the bill passed, waiters would have to wait for customers to ask for a straw or face potential jail time. Yes, jail time.

So, what kind of environmental crisis justifies such a draconian step? How about the “fact” that Americans are using a staggering 500 million straws per day. That’s more than one straw per American, per day. That’s a lot of straws. That’s a lot of plastic.

But don’t tell Britschgi that a fact is too good to check. He checked, and the results were . . . hilarious:

The 500 million figure is often attributed to the National Park Service; it in turn got it from the recycling company Eco-Cycle.

Eco-Cycle is unable to provide any data to back up this number, telling Reason that it was relying on the research of one Milo Cress. Cress—whose Be Straw Free Campaign is hosted on Eco-Cycle’s website—tells Reason that he arrived at the 500 million straws a day figure from phone surveys he conducted of straw manufacturers in 2011, when he was just 9 years old.

What the actual heck? Surely this statistic isn’t in widespread use. Surely a California legislator was simply relying on poor staff work. Right?

Well no, Britschgi did more digging and found that at least 15 major news organizations had used the 9-year-old’s work, including prestige outlets like CNN, the Washington Post, Time, Reuters, the Los Angeles Times, and the San Francisco Chronicle. The stat has also been touted by the Sierra Club and the National Park Service.

Reading some of the articles, it looks as if the citation of the statistic in one authoritative place — like the National Park Service — was enough for citations elsewhere. This is at least partly understandable. Journalists rely on information from government agencies all the time, and it’s proper to use a statistic and cite a seemingly-authoritative source. But no one looked at a number that big and wondered if it was bogus? The National Park Service looked at it and said, “Yup, seems right”? It seems absurdly high.

Good on Christian Britschgi for doing the legwork that other reporters failed to do. Now, let’s ask the important question. Does California want to jail waiters to halt a crisis created by the environmental research of a 9-year-old?

Paul Zeidan and his many faces says, "YES!!!"

• Sitka Gear