Moons22 24-Jan-18
Moons22 24-Jan-18
dizzydctr 24-Jan-18
shiloh 24-Jan-18
Sixby 24-Jan-18
76aggie 25-Jan-18
Jim Moore 25-Jan-18
23-Jan-18
I'm in the market for a UTV and was wondering if owners of each have an opinion on which way I should go.....Honda or Kawasaki?

23-Jan-18
Those are both quality products. I've had my Kawasaki for 12 years, I'd be lost without it, quite a work horse. I have a hydraulic dump and put sides on my bed. I can haul a 10' trailer full of firewood through mud or snow no problem. It doesn't go very fast but has a lot of torque. Never had a problem with it, just routine maintenance.

23-Jan-18
Honda service tech for 42 yrs......I have worked on a zillion of both....HONDA unquestionably!

23-Jan-18
Was looking at those Honda Pioneers myself.

24-Jan-18
My experience has been that Hondas get the nod for reliability and longevity.

24-Jan-18
Both are very good but I would probably go with Honda. Myself, I have a John Deere because my Grandson is a John Deere parts manager and I couldn't be happier. He has had them all and has run them in competition. I don't jump mine way up in the air and do the stuff he can do with them.

24-Jan-18
Just got a can am hd8. Things unbelievable. Quiet, comfortable, powerful, and most importantly it has leg room! Only has like 12 miles on it, but so far so good..

24-Jan-18
If you're strictly getting either a Honda or Kawasaki I would get a Honda. Have 2 honda atv's 14 years old 6000+ miles on them and still going strong

24-Jan-18
I have a Honda Pioneer 1000 and love it. The first UTV I had was a Kawasaki Mule years ago and I much prefer the Honda. I've had it for over a year thus far and no issues.

24-Jan-18
I have the Kawasaki Mule pro fxt six seater and I love it. My dad is on his second one and neither of us has had a problem. The one thing that I didn't like about the Honda pioneer that I had was leg room. I am 6'5". Also the 6 seat pioneers will get a lot of trash down in the areas where the seats fold down into if you are using them to work around the yard or farm. FWIW......I also love Honda products. The Mule has the same 3 cyl engine that the mini trucks have that come from oversees.

24-Jan-18
I have a Suzuki SAmaurai, Will go where most for where most side x sides go and is highway legal. Something to consider. But of the two , Honda or Kaw, Can Am is really great too, My Grandsons have Can ams and the Kawasakis and Hondas stay at home/. Honda,s are incredible though , My son and I took a whole 6 point bull elk out on a Honda Foreman. Couldn't believe it carried that size animal and the weight. But it did. God bless, Steve

25-Jan-18
No doubt both Honda and Kawasaki are fine UTV's. I have never owned a Honda UTV mostly because of the price of those buggies. I have had a Honda 4 wheeler I bought new in 1999 and the only thing I have done is replace batteries, change oil and fluids and put gas in it. It is unbeatable. I had a Mule 610 which was my first UTV. I loved it. Same thing with it in terms of maintenance but I did have to put a serpentine belt on it. This year I bought a Mule 4010 Trans because I wanted a bigger bed to haul things in and two seats if I had passengers. Mules are not speed merchants. Hondas will literally run circles around them in terms of speed but I am not 17 anymore. Primary reason I have gone with Kawasaki's over Honda UTV's is the price.

25-Jan-18
The thing that keeps intriguing me about the Honda Pioneer 1000-5 is the fold up/down seats in the bed and the bed is a dumper as well. Gives it a bit more versatility. They get pretty good reviews in all the areas, I especially like the fact that they are rated as some of the quietest machines out there. If I do pull the trigger on one, it would have to be a used one more than likely. They are a bit pricey. I can afford one, just don't want to pay full price.

• Sitka Gear