HA/KS 27-Jan-18
Woods Walker 27-Jan-18
Sixby 28-Jan-18
Annony Mouse 28-Jan-18
25-Jan-18
Start twisting Trumpettes..

25-Jan-18

gflight's Link
Trump immigration proposal could provide path to citizenship for 1.8 million in US illegally....

25-Jan-18
Maybe he's pulling a Schumer, and offering things he has no intention of giving (like the wall). That way Republicans finally get PR points on the issue, with a deal that will never happen. Play the same game as the Dems in the run-up to midterms.

Its up to congress to make the law. Let that part happen, before complaining about Trump signing it (or not)

25-Jan-18
No problem here. Trump knows it just buries the Dems deeper because what they really want is open borders and millions upon millions of illegals here to take this country down and provide slave labor and illegal voting for the Dem base. They are already in the process of rejecting it . Chucky will be sniviling about how we should not be adding anything like funding or policy change to immigration and act like amnesty and a pathway to citizenship was never offered. It not only will bury Chucky but will alienate the Dem Dreamers and cause them to turn to Trump and the Republicans for support. Great tactics although driven from the heart. Linspeed ( oily) Ghram and that bunch will be mortified because its what the Dems have said they want and they were gullible enough to believe the liars.

God bless, Steve

25-Jan-18
Come on baby, let's do the twist...

"gflight, who admittedly favored Hillary Clinton over DJ Trump during the 2016 general election."

I am in Missouri, Show Me that one^^^^^^

Amnesty is genius for false conservatives dontchaknow.....:^)

26-Jan-18
Like I said before. To stop all arguing which is right, and wrong is, do what SHOULD be done, make all ILLEGALS leave, no matter of age, or even if they have been here thirty years. Period! If the ILLEGALS have been here for thirty years, why haven't the ILLEGALS tried to go through the legalities to become a legal citizen, within the thirty years they have been here?

26-Jan-18
Got it Spike. That's the whole story. It's not legal, so the ILLEGALS must go. It's not easy to do, but it SHOULD be done. It's not America's fault, that they took a chance, and came here ILLEGALLY. JMO

26-Jan-18
I could be wrong, but I think we are watching a violin concerto by a maestro. And the violin doesn't even know it.

26-Jan-18
If he can pull off trading 1.8 million Daca illegals getting citizenship to an end to chain migration and visa lottery program that would be a huge win for Trump. you are talking about 1.8 million verse a potential 30 million each year.

From the article posted: Trump's plan would restrict new family-based immigration to spouses and minor children, doing away with provisions allowing parents, adult siblings and others to enter the country. The sources said it would only end new applications for visas, allowing those already in the pipeline to be processed. It would also end the diversity visa lottery program, which drew Trump's attention after the New York City truck attack last year, redirecting the allotment annually to bringing down the existing backlog in visa applications.

26-Jan-18
And a wall. A deal that finally gets us a wall, by a guy that knows how to build.

26-Jan-18
News media is freaking out over the Trump proposal, which calls from extra ICE agents to deport and a faster processing for deportation. Right now ALL of them are here and staying unless something changes. Sounds like Trump is offering a plan where the new influx is cut way down and the current deportations go way up.

26-Jan-18
Trump hands Lying Chuckie a new rope!! You are watching the destruction of the Democrat Party. That is what is left of it/ Now start looking for the destruction of the Obama party that wants desperately to replace via anarchy. God bless, Steve

26-Jan-18
. . . ask any Soldier, walls are a waste of money. If we build them, they will be breached.

26-Jan-18
Nonsense. Walls slow down the masses so agents can better deal with the few that make it over/under.

A billion dollar wall might get beat by a thousand dollar ladder, which gets beat by a two dollar bullet. To secure the border you start with a wall. Ask the soldiers in Berlin or the West Bank.

26-Jan-18
If we want the wall built, there is going to have to be compromise. 60 votes required to get it done, and there's simply no way to get a quora on the Repulican side, due to traitors like Flake, McCain, etc.

This is forcing Schumer's hand, if he doesn't take "the deal", DACA will be on his head. Trump will also get credit for providing the path to Citizenship, not Schumer. Sort of like the freed Slaves, they may actually feel a loyalty to Trump, and those precious votes they would have provided the Dems might never manifest.

It sucks in a lot of ways, but it's probably the only move they can make right now, that would end chain migration, kill "Sanctuary Cities", and eliminate illegals in the long run. Unless you want to bank on a huge Republican Victory in November...but that just delays the whole process by nearly a Year.

26-Jan-18
Bowsniper, if you think America will guard the "wall" with lethal force using machine guns, you are the one being nonsensical.

I do agree, however, that if you guard the wall using land mines, snipers, and machine guns, than you can really control infiltration to a crawl.

But an unguarded wall will be breached immediately and exploited immediately.

I say again, the wall is a total waste of money.

26-Jan-18
The Continental Southern Border is roughly 2000 miles, and there are some 20,000 agents covering it. That's ten per mile, or around one every 175 yards. Much of it is just fence, which is easily compromised.

Berlin had a wall. I was stationed there in the early 80s. It was probably half the height of the proposed U.S. Wall, and there very few escapes from it since it was constructed. There was an East German Guard Tower every 50 Meters, and a higher Russian Guard Tower every hundred Meters, plus regular wall patrols by East German Guards with German Shepherds.

Getting rid of the porous Southern Border will definitely extremely slow the Southern Drug and Human Traffic, and the policy reversals being proposed will be the icing on the cake. This will work, and without the ridiculous manpower now needed to survey and control the region.

26-Jan-18
Tonyo - Of course the wall will work, for what it is designed to do. And that is DRASTICALLY reduce illegal aliens pouring across the border. And the forces we still have on border patrol can concentrate with even greater success on those few that slip through.

No its not 100% perfect. But if you think it is a waste of money, what would cost less and achieve the 100% success rate you are looking for?

26-Jan-18
. . . "ask any Soldier, walls are a waste of money. If we build them, they will be breached."

Yeah ask Israel how well walls work...they work!

"But an unguarded wall will be breached immediately and exploited immediately."

Have you been down there? We will use technology, sensors, cameras, drones, in the most accessible area's. ABSOLUTELY PHUCKING LAUGHABLE to say it won't work!

26-Jan-18
Ok, here's my deal.

We get - A wall and benchmarks showing we have control of the border, end chain migration, start merit based immigration.

Dems get - A path to citizenship for the 1.8 million if they haven't committed other crimes.

Stipulation: The 1.8 million counts towards the amount of immigrants we legally allow in from whatever country the "dreamers" are from. If 1 million are from Mexico, and we allow 500,000 in legally per year from Mexico, then no Mexican immigration for two years.

26-Jan-18
The wall will work. If nothing else it pisses off the liberals and that would be worth the money. I would contribute. They could set up a fund to build the wall and I would gladly send a check to help them get started. They keep wanting me to phone my senators and that is a total waste of time, I live in Maryland.

26-Jan-18
I'm with ya Glunt. Every extra citizen in whatever deal becomes one less coming in thru the normal process on the next year. The numbers have to balance.

26-Jan-18
Art of the deal!

26-Jan-18
A wall, or any other kind of border security will only be as effective as the people guarding it. Unless the attitude of the government is to prevent illegals, there will be illegals wall or no wall.

26-Jan-18
What's just as and maybe more important than the wall (which we DO need), is having tools in place so that if any illegals do get here it'll be impossible for them to function. If they cannot show they are legal then NO:

1. Bank accounts.

2. Ability to wire money

3. Renting anything

4. Driver's licenses (or ANY kind of license for that matter)

5. Vehicle purchase/title/plates

6. Government benefits of ANY kind.

In other words make it so they deport themselves. This is how it SHOULD have been for the past 32 years since the Immigration Act of 1986!

27-Jan-18
A piece on the morning news told how a special forces team couldn't breach, or get over, a section of wall in place...

27-Jan-18
I agree with Tony. The validity of a wall is in its attendance. A wall absent of (future) funding is just a monument to failure. But it is a necessary first step.

I also will agree with badkarma. I remember the triangulating and co-opting Bill Clinton did in his 2 terms with the GOP congress. And, given the nature of the policy mandates at the time, it worked for the good of America. However, Trump will not have a complicit (or remotely fair) media, so, if he wins a 2nd term on a similar strategy, the outcome will be a real credit to the intelligence of the American voter.

27-Jan-18
How about if we build a fence like the one in Jurassic Park?

27-Jan-18
"what would cost less and achieve the 100% success rate you are looking for? "

.. ..

.. ..

First of all, I NEVER stated I was looking for anything, certainly not a 100% success rate.

What would cost a lot less is maximum prosecution of those that hire illegals. Cut off the flow of jobs, you cut off the flow of illegals. That has been stated by others on this thread.

A beat up pickup and a load of ammonia nitrate will breach the wall wherever the coyotes want to breach it at. Plus tunneling under the wall.

Any obstacle built by man can be overcome by man.

The Berlin Wall worked because it was guarded by interlocking maching gun towers. America is not going to do that.

The wall is a total waste of money, and it will only slow illegals initially, until they figure out how to breach it.

"and there are some 20,000 agents covering it. That's ten per mile, or around one every 175 yards."

If that number is true, their success rate has not been very good. I don't think an unguarded wall will help them.

27-Jan-18

Annony Mouse's Link
Something I would love to see addressed: ending anchor baby citizenship. That alone would do much to stop illegals from entry. Recently the government dealt with Chinese maternity centers in CA. The Dearbornistan area also is a magnet for koranderthals dropping anchors as it is relatively easy to get a visa to Canada and then cross the river to stay (many with extended families already here).

OTOH...maybe another checkers vs. chess ploy (link).

27-Jan-18
I foresee a potential legal problem with the wall. Currently, jaguars are endangered in the US, an animal that used to range all over the continental US. There's still a lot of them in Northern Mexico and a few in the Southern US. There's a couple in AZ, NM, and TX. They cross the border randomly. A wall would put a stop to that and I can't believe that someone wouldn't find a judge to halt the wall based on cutting off the jaguars ability to cross from Mexico to the US. I doubt wildlife crossing would work since people would just use them to get across.

27-Jan-18
Idyl, there is no doubt that the left would do whatever they could to keep the wall tied up in court for as long as it takes for the political climate to support forgetting the wall.

27-Jan-18
"Something I would love to see addressed: ending anchor baby citizenship. That alone would do much to stop illegals from entry."

Bingo! But they won't, and for exactly the reason you stated.

28-Jan-18
We can import jaguars and grant them citizenship.

God bless, Steve

28-Jan-18
President Trump has boxed in the left beautifully. H/T C. Steven Tucker

President Trump has boxed in the left beautifully. If you have any worry that President Trump is selling out his base, relax. Notice that Tom Cotton and Sonny Perdue are running point on this negotiation.

1. Notice the timing of this out-of-the-blue offer by President Trump. Caught the left by surprise, while Schumer and company were still licking their wounds. Classic negotiation tactic, save your opponent before they slit their own throat and they will thank you.

2. While 800K is the number of DACA ‘kids’ we have been discussing, 1.8 million is the actual number who are eligible in this classification. By using the higher number, President Trump appears conciliatory and magnanimous, offering the left a way to save face. Brilliant strategy. Don’t beat your opponent so badly they cannot sign the contract.

3. We ALL know the entire 1.8 million will not register, they never do. AND they will not be eligible to vote.

AND they have to come out of the shadow to be completely documented.

AND they have to live an extraordinary CLEAN life, no crime, for 10-12 years, otherwise – deported and IN-eligible.

3. By limiting ‘kids’ only, NOT parents, President Trump has utterly destroyed the left’s narrative that the left is the only one who is compassionate. Trump also forces the left to drop their mask of “the DACA kids came here through no fault of their own”, which means the parents ARE AT FAULT.

In other words, it’s obvious, the left wants the parents as well because they want the votes.

Motives of the left are revealed.

4. Understand, we are close to a point where the DACA ‘kids’ will champion Trump’s proposal (for pure self-interest) and protest the left (who stands in the way). It’s hilarious.

Only President Trump could magically accomplish such a turn-around.

5. By shutting down 6/8 ways for immigration, President Trump cuts total immigration initially to Clinton levels, and eventually to Kennedy levels. We will go from 1 million a year to less than 250K a year.

Thank you President Trump.

This helps all American workers.

6. The left is again boxed in as they have bet everything on support for DACA but the left will not get the deal without border wall funding, which Trump pegged at 25 Billion dollars. We get our wall or there is no deal.

7. By supporting chain migration, the left can now be painted as “PRO-TERRORIST” for political purposes. Remember, almost every poll indicates the public is opposed to chain migration by 65-80%.

Dems are on the wrong side of chain migration.

8. By ending VISA lottery, President Trump, again, is with the VAST majority of voters. Merit based systems make sense. The Dems are standing on quicksand by defending a lottery system.

9. Again, the White House/Trump proposal is brilliant in asking for 25 billion for THE WALL AND for port security, border patrol, etc. In this way, the Dems can save face and claim they are funding port security. Of course, they are funding the wall as well. AND the 25billion trust fund ensures the wall will be built, and funds will not be taken away later.

10. If President Trump can ACTUALLY resolve immigration, something that has eluded politicians for 3 decades, he will be lauded as a great President. He will have accomplished the impossible.

11. President Trump also removes ‘immigration’ as a talking point for the 2018 election and beyond. This is incredible and do not underestimate the effect.

Now that the proposal is out:

Of course, the hard right collapses and over-reacts immediately. Thank you. We needed your outrage to prove or make the appearance that Trump was capitulating. You performed beautifully. This makes Trump appear as he is the rational compromiser, coming to the middle to seek a solution.

Notice how the left has reacted. Pelosi lost her mind. Other Dem leaders (and I use the term loosely), are foaming at the mouth, emotional, irrational, screaming, at the “UNFAIRNESS” of this deal, when Trump appears calm, magnanimous, and quite reasonable.

One of the MOST effective Alinsky tactics is to divide a group and turn them on each other.

President Trump has turned the DACA ‘kids’ on the rest of the illegal immigrants AND the Dem party.

It’s brilliant.

If you are thinking this is the final deal, don’t be ridiculous.

It was a shot across the bow, from President Trump.

If the President, or Tom Cotton/Sonny Perdue does not like something, they only have to walk away and let the clock run out.

And make no mistake, if the clock runs out on DACA, and the ‘kids’ are to be deported, the DEMS will be blamed for not taking this deal.

President Trump has the Democrats by the proverbial ‘short hairs’.

• Sitka Gear