Owl 29-Jan-18
TD 30-Jan-18
Annony Mouse 08-Feb-18
Grey Ghost 08-Feb-18
TD 08-Feb-18
Annony Mouse 08-Feb-18
TD 08-Feb-18
27-Jan-18
No one is dialed in so much as JP. He has put a ton of videos out there specifically to reach as many as possible and is worthy of daily review, IMO.

27-Jan-18
Spike, I ran a thread about a JP video a short while ago. Quite a bit of negative feedback from folks who found him pompous or too verbose. I REALLY don't get it. He is plain spoken yet profound, imo. But the guys complaining are not exactly door knobs so I take them seriously.

28-Jan-18

TD's Link
I watched Owls video days ago and was intriuged.... I've never heard of him and yet consider myself fairly well informed. And read the link above which linked me to his website. All I can say is check out his website.

wow. just spent the last 3 or 4 hours in class. This guy is the real deal. He gets labeled everything under the sun from the left. Every name they can come up with. He scares the hell out of them. Because none of them stick. Truth it seems.... if done well, supported and defended.... is a bright and disinfecting light.

Articulates the truth and refuses to have it twisted into how the left wants to have such truth presented. As the famous movie line..... "they (literally) can't handle the truth!!"

I can see about a hundred more hours taking his "online classes". Go to his website. If you click on videos.... you will get 1 and 2hour movies..... I'm starting on the series. Click on "clips" to get a taste. Pretty cool. This guy is fearless. Honest. And sharp as a razor.

28-Jan-18
He makes a lot of good points, although I don't agree with everything he says. I like a lot of what he says about responsibility and purpose in life. As someone who admittedly spends a great deal of time pursuing happiness, I see people with lives devoted to the pursuit of happiness resulting in alcoholism, drug abuse, depression, and suicidality. It's almost like we're programmed to work. We have to have a goal or else we're lost. Personally, I think I've found that balance.

I also love his rejection of political correctness and calling out the ridiculousness of the extremists in many walks of life and the plain argument for normalcy.

I love his point calling out the feminist movement for their silence regarding Islam's subjugation of women for its hypocrisy, although I don't agree with his reasoning for it and I think his reasoning betrays his team mindset. I think their silence has nothing to do with a craving for male dominance and everything to do with feminism's group-think: all the anti-Islamists are conservative and almost all hard-core Christians are conservative so in the mind of the liberal, the liberal must be pro-Islam because the enemy of my enemy is my friend, thus, feminism's silence on the subjugation of women by Islam.

There's things that I don't like about his opinions, but I won't get into them here because they'll fall on deaf.

28-Jan-18
TD, starting with the shorter clips is very good advice. I also review videos I've already because his content is so dense, I miss a lot on the first go round.

IdyllwildArcher, I guess you've heard what he has to say about 50 Shades of Grey and feminism. Hilarious. Very true but hilarious. His take on the purpose of life: "to responsibly and competently incarnate the logos" (paraphrased) is brilliantly simple and eloquent in my opinion. And while he leaves it to his audience to define God for themselves, that perspective certainly orders one's life. I believe we were made for work but not necessarily as defined by modern culture and, perhaps, the folks that find themselves desperate are out of touch with a grounding principle. It's easy to get overwhelmed by the infinite transitory elements of life without such definitive macro precepts to act as landmarks.

28-Jan-18
I don't agree with his two truths perspective on science and religion. The nature of truth is to be objective and to be objective, it must singular. IMO, anyway. If he's saying science and religious fact coexist independent of each other, I agree but if he's saying one is tangibly objective and the other is permissibly subjective, noooo, I do not agree. :)

29-Jan-18
I'll add that I admire his bravery to speak to truth and reality in his own world, which is one of a professor in a Canadian university. The easy thing for him to do is to keep his thoughts to himself. Especially when it comes to matters of masculinity, responsibility, race, religion, and gender issues in these times coming from a white man in the 21st century. In the modern world, a white man is not allowed to speak of such things... much less take a conservative-intellectual stance. But he does it in many cases eloquently.

29-Jan-18
Huh....... I've got a long way to go..... but I'll never look at another lobster dinner the same..... I'll still savor every bite, just won't look at it the same.... =D

29-Jan-18
Lobster dinners. lol ...I choose the one in the tank that looks all jacked up on serotonin. It must be the subversive in me.:)

30-Jan-18
Watched one saturday basically about "answers? we aren't even asking the right questions!"

Such as the question many ask is "why do people do cocaine to the point it ruins their lives or they die?" Wrong question. The question is "why DOESN'T EVERYONE do cocaine until it ruins their lives or they die?" Don't deny that there is an instant and intensely gratifying pleasure from using it. That's a fact, a reality. What mechanism KEEPS them from the instant and very gratifying pleasure? To deny it. Or never having tried it in the first place?

BTW, I just got as far as that..... so far havn't gotten to his answer to his questions yet..... =D

Regardless.... very interesting insights and points of view so far. And the left STILL hates him..... so there has to be that going for him..... if he wasn't so good at it or lied about a bunch of stuff so they could fire him...... he'd have been fired some time ago I'd think....

08-Feb-18

08-Feb-18
I'm glad to see his Mister Rogers sweater isn't everyday attire.

Flame suit going on, now.....

;-)

Matt

08-Feb-18
Looks like you killed it Annony..... "video unavailable"

But they repostedit.... heheheh....

08-Feb-18
YouTube/Google...leaders in internet censorship ;o)

08-Feb-18
Looks like Facebook has banned him recently as well.

If you can articulate views and positions they don't like...... and they literally have no answer or rebuttal to it..... that makes you dangerous.

• Sitka Gear