Tiger-Eye 29-Jan-18
Tiger-Eye 29-Jan-18
Woods Walker 29-Jan-18
NvaGvUp 29-Jan-18
IdyllwildArcher 29-Jan-18
NvaGvUp 29-Jan-18
29-Jan-18

Woods Walker's Link
"A two-hour drive from the tech-fueled riches of San Francisco, Stockton, Calif., is a completely different world from its Silicon Valley neighbor. But the small city is taking a big bet to try to fix its lagging economy with a strategy that many of the tech elite have been largely only pontificating about: universal basic income, or cash handouts."

The above is without a doubt the ALL TIME BEST example of "You Can't Fix Stupid".

Fruitfly will be moving there shortly!

29-Jan-18
Haha, great idea! Give more money away when you are in debt!

500 bucks will attract some quality residents, no doubt!

29-Jan-18
Stockton declared bankruptcy in 2013 and has been on the verge of bankruptcy ever since..

It also has a serious crime problem.

Stupid is as stupid does!

29-Jan-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo

29-Jan-18
"FREE" cash.......LMAO!!! T'aint no such a thing. If it really were, then it'd be WORTHLESS!!!

What it should be called is, "Cash that someone else worked for and GIVEN to someone else who didn't earn it or contribute anything for it."

29-Jan-18
Homeless will be going there in droves.

29-Jan-18
Naaah.....why would they? I mean, we passed strict immigration laws WAAAY back in 1986 in exchange for amnesty to all who broke our laws to come here and then did nothing to enforce the new laws, and today we have no illegal immigration and no problem with children of illegals! See, it works!

29-Jan-18
Someday, voters will come to realize that NOTHING liberals advocate works in the real world.

Someday.

But I probably won't live long enough to see it happen.

29-Jan-18

It's human nature. You're as lazy as you can afford to be.

29-Jan-18
I remember years ago while in CA for business having car trouble with a rental car. Hertz told me to take to the closest Hertz rental agency which happened to be in Stockton. I was scared to death as I drove to that place! The thugs lined the streets where I had to drive. Oh, they just needed more cash, I guess.

29-Jan-18
Maybe illegals immigrants should go there and claim citizenship rights?

29-Jan-18
Maybe illegals immigrants should go there and claim citizenship rights?

29-Jan-18
The mayor of Stockton is in competition with the mayor of Detroit to see which of them can create and maintain the biggest sh*thole.

29-Jan-18
In addition to the high crime rate and low income rate, Stockton also offers residents dense fog for much of the winter months and 100 degree heat for much of the summer months.

And then there's the fact that Stockton has a yuge gang problem.

Stockton is an American $h!thole.

29-Jan-18
Have they crunched the numbers on this? $500/month for a town of 300,000 people is 1.8 billion dollars per year. Where are they going to get that kind of money? The report says it's being initially funded by a 1 million dollar grant. That won't even get the entire town payed once.

29-Jan-18
Ike,

They aren't going to give the $$$$$$ to all residents; just those they 'feel' can benefit from it.

Without question, all recipients will be honest re. their qualifications and none would ever try to qualify (or re-qualify) using false information re. their need or usage.

What's more, NONE of the $500/month the folks who qualify will get, will be spent on booze, drugs, or hookers!

Honest!

• Sitka Gear