JL 04-Feb-18
keepemsharp 04-Feb-18
Russ Koon 04-Feb-18
rickepanton 02-Aug-23
PiYoung 02-Aug-23
02-Feb-18

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
My wife lives with pain and has for years. The doctor will prescribe pain medicine but my wife will not take any drugs. She said she will just put up with the pain before taking narcotics.

I have a good Friend, Heidi, that was telling me to get my wife to try some CBD oil. Heidi is a dealer and explained all the good stuff this oil does. She told me to take a bottle home and have my wife put five drops under her tongue and see what happens.

Just so happened my wife had been reading about the oil and was willing to try it. She said her back hurt so bad she was really in pain. She put five drops under her tongue and about twenty minutes later she said the pain just stopped and she couldn't believe it worked so fast. She did it again this morning and was able to do some housework she had been worrying about for some time. It is fairly expensive but well worth it to us.

Some people ask if it shows up in a drug test that they get at work. The local sheriff deputy watched someone use the oil and then waited a half hour to do the drug test. Urine test showed up no drugs. This has been repeated and it does not show up as a drug in your system so it is safe to use for pain and still work. It is also called Hemp oil. Where Heidi get hers is a farm in Kentucky where it is grown and processed.

03-Feb-18
It is expensive, unfortunately, due to the time and effort required to produce it. 3-4 months for the plant to grow, and then the processes required to render a purified oil.

Good to hear she's found a natural alternative to opiates and other dangerous painkillers. FWIW, there is also a CDB infused bottled water on the market, but I've heard no reports of it's efficiency.

03-Feb-18
I also have a friend with severe arthritis that is using it with good results

03-Feb-18
It is legal in all 50 states, at least the brand I got for my wife. I do know it works, I have seen that.

03-Feb-18
Glad your wife has the pain under control, Shuteye. That's fantastic.

03-Feb-18
The problem if I use it I lose my State license and have a niece that loss her job for her pain control, she sued the company and won a settlement but still lost her job of 17 yrs. My son lives with a growing facility is out back from his house, told him if it ever catches on fire let me know so we can get down wind, may be a problem with the crowd.

03-Feb-18
My buddy that grows pot has a buddy with a $650k grant to explore the effects of CBD.

the hypothesis for those not familiar; 2 main ingredient in pot; THC and CBD. Pot has proven medicinal effects...but the theory is its the CBD portion that is the analgesic and it doesn't get you high.

So many strain of pot, there are some very high in CBD which may be the way to go for people in pain.

03-Feb-18
How interesting!! I have not heard of that at all but for years I have wanted to be involved in exploring the manufacturing of hemp board. Here in Oregon there is an awsome supply of unused portions of plants that could probably be purchased at a decent price for fiber. However is there is the same market for the previously unused parts with CBD this might not be the case. All in all the hemp plant is a very useful plant outside the area of just smoking it. The cotton industry post WW11 lobbied for the destruction of all hemp farms and got a bill passed to make the production of any hemp products illegal in the USA. However Europeans make some fantastic products with it. Cloth lasts many times longer than cotten. Strand board is lighter and stronger than any other product and has basically unlimited usage as hemp is the fastest growing product and renewal resource on the planet. I do not know about paper products but I surmise it could largely replace our present fiber resources to a large degree and lower the prices. God bless, Steve

03-Feb-18
There is 2 kinds - isolate and full spectrum. The isolate contains no thc and will not show on a drug test. Full spectrum containing less than .03% thc is legal in all 50 states and may show on a screen. Both work but the full spectrum is a bit more effective. I pay $20 for a 1 oz bottle of the full. 2 to 3 half droppers a day and it lasts about a month.

03-Feb-18
I was diagnosed with Crohn's about 3 years ago, had 2 surgeries so far and the Dr's keep prescribing Norco every time I say I felt a cramp in my belly. Hate to take 'em because they make me nauseous, I'm asking about this stuff at my next appointment. I remember reading in a NG "weed" issue about treating my exact symptoms with the oil. Although I am in MI, for about $100 I can just get a card and have the exact opposite of nausea ; )

Glad to hear your wife is finding some relief, Shuteye. Constant pain sucks.

04-Feb-18
My wife has a friend with chronic migraines. Quite literally her skull is too small for her brain and eventually they will do surgery on her. My wife brought some of this home for me to use for possibly gout and muscle issues I have. I didn't try it as my job randomly does whiz quizzes. She took the stuff to her friend and put a couple of drops under her tongue while they were visiting. After 15 minutes or so her friend mentioned that her headache was absolutely gone. Has to be something to this stuff.

04-Feb-18
Jim, you may already know this if you've had gout issues for a long time. I take an Allopurinol pill once a day, twice if it flares up.

04-Feb-18
The quail love it in the wild.

04-Feb-18
Got some for the wife a month or so ago. We got the spray instead of the droplet type and I'm not sure how they compare. She got some noticable relief within an hour, and it seemed to further reduce the pain in her knee and feet over the next few days. It sttill hasn't completely alleviated the pain, but has helped enough for it to be less crippling on her good days.

It has helped her also to reduce the amount of opioids she takes, although she still needs some of them to get by the bad days or nights.

She has increased her dosage very graduallyfrom the initial amount, to see if it helps more, but is still assessing the change.

Pretty sure the majority of heer pain is from arthritis, but her family also has a tendency to suffer from gout, and we're doing some dietary changes and monitoring the results, also, in the effort to give her some help with that.

In our opinion so far, the cannabidiol is useful and definitely helps, but is something less than magical. Definitely worth the money, even if the relief is less than complete. When you're in constant pain that pretty muchshuts down your normal activities and prevens you from getting needed rest, the cost of any effective treatment starts looking much more reasonable.

02-Aug-23
Your wife's story has my heartfelt sympathy. Although I have not experienced this situation, I am truly sorry that she is experiencing any discomfort.

02-Aug-23
Your friend gave the right advice. Because such substances usually help to cope with many diseases and pain syndromes. But you should think about how to choose the right quality. Because there are manufacturers of even medical cannabis, which trying to save on components, sell low-quality goods. So if you suddenly want to try something new, you can check out this site https://releaf.co.uk. I think it will be useful for you to study all possible information. And also try to consult the experts who understand how to prescribe the right dosage.

• Sitka Gear