Jimbo 10-Feb-18
Owl 10-Feb-18
04-Feb-18
GO BIRDS GO !!! bring it on home!

04-Feb-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

04-Feb-18
bill v, Relax. This one is a walk off. Destiny, fate and Nick Foles have made a pact. Tonight Tom Brady meets his match and a million whacked out fans are going to try and climb the greased poles in Philly. Nick Foles MVP going to Disney World. I am honestly not concerned one bit about this game and give the Patriots NO chance from a football perspective. They do not match up well against this team. Period. I am thankful that Jacksonville lost.

The Rock

04-Feb-18
The Eagles, one of only 7 teams that had no players take a knee.

04-Feb-18
tonyo,

That is correct. Philly has a blue collar fan base and I believe if any players knelt they would have been run out of town.They stood and were counted.

The Rock

The Rock

04-Feb-18

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo

04-Feb-18
yea Rock, we gotta win this one!!!

04-Feb-18
Philly is playing well, but the Pats are a second half team. They will regroup and come out strong. Blount is very dangerous though. Pat's should have kept him. Go New England.

04-Feb-18

HA/KS's Link
"The players explained how their weekly Bible study during their season strengthens their bond on the field and in their relationship with Jesus Christ. They showed the students FCA’s Athlete’s Bible and began reading verses. Students also read from FCA’s book “Rise,” a devotional study on how teammates can build better character together through Christian principles.

Each week, the Huddles, comprised of students and players, read about different character traits. They discussed how each trait related to their lives.

“Even though they’re professional athletes, they still make time to talk to the Lord,” Gonzalez said. “They shared their testimony with us and showed us that, through Christ, you can do anything.”

04-Feb-18
A few Eagles and Pats popped up on my Bible App talking about how they stay in the Word. Nice to see.

04-Feb-18
GG, ...and dat is dat for preservation's sake. Nick Foles 376 yds and MVP. Adios Patriots. ;-)

The Rock

04-Feb-18
Wrong again freegles.

05-Feb-18
Great game with a ton of offense. Philly made more plays and totally earned the win.

05-Feb-18
Pederson has a spine. The 4th quarter 4th down call in the middle of the field was the highlight of the game, imo. Tons of offense. The Eagles were hot. Armchairing it, with less than 4 minutes to go, I told my wife the Pats need to let the Eagles score and get the ball back with enough time to run a full game plan. Oh, well, Philly earned it.

Lots of symmetry, Tom losing what may be his last Super Bowl to an upstart back up.

05-Feb-18
Congrats to the Eagles. It was an entertaining game. Not much defense, but most people would rather see a high scoring game, anyway.

And, yes, your boy Foles played well, The Rock. Good call on his winning the MVP. Brady didn't suck either.

Matt

05-Feb-18
More importantly my wife won $50 on a square..... we're rich !!!

Great game !!!!

05-Feb-18
Congrats to the Eagles, they played well and earned it. Pats also played well and came up short. Great game.

The stats were unreal (off the top of my head).

One weird interception

Only ONE punt for the entire game

Around 1160 passing yards

Pats: one missed FG and one missed P.A.T.

Eagles: one missed P.A.T.

Only ONE sack (resulting in the fumble by Brady)

I only remember 2 or 3 flags for the whole game.

05-Feb-18
What happens with QB situation in philly now?

05-Feb-18
That article said it was the 6th highest rated Super Bowl ever......

05-Feb-18
"What happens with QB situation in philly now?"

- The Eagles get a ton of trade value for Foles.

05-Feb-18
GG, I am sincerely happy for Nick Foles who was wronged by Chip Kelly and sent to a team that sucked and did not play to his strengths. Then sent to KC as a backup wheer he never got his chance. This is not a joke or a lie. I told my brother in law that the Eagles were going to win the Super Bowl this year but not with Carson Wence. The radio stations which I call often ridiculed me to no end except Ike Reese the ex-Eagle who always liked Nicky -Six. My premise was based not that Wence is not a talented QB but that he is reckless and takes unnecessary hits. Lo and behold and who REALLY knew. The rest is hsitory.

BTW....Brady threw for over 500 yds which is amazing at any age but 40? WOW.

The Rock

05-Feb-18
Major difference was the Philly O-line. Brady didn't get sacked, but had players in his face all game, that's how you beat him. A bunch of his passes where off where they normally wouldn't. Foles on the other hand had great protection.

05-Feb-18
GG, I am sincerely happy for Nick Foles who was wronged by Chip Kelly and sent to a team that sucked and did not play to his strengths. Then sent to KC as a backup where he never got his chance. This is not a joke or a lie. I told my brother in law that the Eagles were going to win the Super Bowl this year but not with Carson Wence but Nicky Six. The radio stations which I call often ridiculed me to no end. My premise was based not that Wence is not a talented QB but that he is reckless and takes unnecessary hits. Lo and behold and who REALLY knew. The rest is history.

BTW....Brady threw for over 500 yds which is amazing at any age but 40? WOW.

Owl,

.....you are probably right and that will be the biggest mistake they will look back on because the Eagles will not win a single SB with damaged goods in Carson Wence. His apprehension and realization that he is not superman and very breakable will hold back his enormous talent. Just the way it is psychologically. He will be a target for every team they face knowing his injury. That is my prediction.

The Rock

The Rock

05-Feb-18
It was a great game - not the greatest teams ever but sometimes I just want to watch the drama and it had a lot of it.

Congrats Eagle fans!

05-Feb-18
I thought the halftime show was pretty boring.... but I did like the tribute to Prince.....

20 and 30 and 40 year old fans don't want to see the 70 year old Rolling Stones though... They'd rather see Timberlake.

05-Feb-18
"boring" is kind, BB. I was waiting for Janet to show up.

05-Feb-18
WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was like the 4th of July here last night

Way to go Birds!

05-Feb-18
I'll bet the business owners in downtown Philly were hoping the Eagles lost. Would've been less damage...lol.

05-Feb-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

05-Feb-18
lol. Precisely what my wife said.

09-Feb-18
Great game! So much for "good defense wins championships" !!!!

Foles was on fire, the whole team played well.

That 4th down play for a TD was analogous to the entire Eagles season.... They direct snapped it to an underrated free agent, who pitched it to a third string TE, who threw it for a TD to a backup QB. I had to go to a conference in NO on Monday and everyone down there was talking about the SB. It was a great game to watch and the Eagles are positioned to make a run next year.

09-Feb-18
After watching an excerpt of the victory parade, some of the guys claiming NFL football players are thugs may just be onto something. Center, Jason Kelce during his "underdog" monologue, "Everybody said Lane Johnson couldn't get off the juice..." jsmh

09-Feb-18
gadan

What backup QB? I think you mean the SB MVP QB. They ain't going no where close to the SB with damaged goods. Running QB's NEVER play to the level they did with these injuries Wentz has had. He is not a pocket QB and without his legs in top undamaged and questionable condition his play will suffer. The nature of the beast and a real shame because he WAS talented. The Eagles had pinned their future on him but the future came to past last Sunday with Nick Foles. You only can win your first and most important SB one time. Foles did that. Wentz has zero experience on the big stage. None and he never will. Foles will lead this team to another SB next year if he is still there. They will attempt to start Wentz sometime during the season but he will be pulled.

The Rock

09-Feb-18
Is Wentz a running QB or a QB that runs? Huge difference.

10-Feb-18
He's a QB that runs. And, he'll do a little less running in the future. No single play by a QB is worth getting injured and being out for a game, a month or the rest of a season. Especially a QB as talented as Wentz.

10-Feb-18
I remember seeing a "Top 10" show about the Top 10 mobile QBs in the history of the NFL. Dan Marino was on the list. I laughed but after they presented the footage and made their case, it made sense. Dan played like a statue but was slippery as heck in the pocket and could feel pressure well enough to get the ball off. Many of the great QBs have that skill. That's my idea of a mobile QB. I wouldn't give 2 nickels for the Mike Vick prototypes.

The problem the Eagles have is that Foles is not Trent Dilfer. He didn't "manage" his way to a Super Bowl on the back of an historic defense (clearly!!) and a strong running game, he led that team to a SB going head to head with the GOAT and beat him. That rightfully eclipses Wentz's potentiality right now but this league is always looking fretfully toward tomorrow. Interesting quandary.

• Sitka Gear