spike78 08-Feb-18
Ace 08-Feb-18
Mint 08-Feb-18
spike78 08-Feb-18
bad karma 08-Feb-18
Bowfreak 08-Feb-18
06-Feb-18

spike78's Link
Oh no, a new carry gun subcompact with 10 round mag. Smaller then a Shield and my P938. Wish it weren’t so!

06-Feb-18
Nice.

not in Ca though......bummer

06-Feb-18
Looks to be a wide body double stack and not a good pocket pistol.

06-Feb-18
Pat, it is just a hair smaller but the selling point is a 10 round mag as opposed to a 7+1 or 8+1. Amazing that they came out with a small double stack mag to fit in that small of a gun. I’m guessing it will sell very well. Unfortunately I have a Shield and a P938 so I don’t see myself spending the cash.

06-Feb-18
Thumper it is just 1.0” wide as compared to a Shields .95 width. That’s damn impressive for a double stack. The mags for this have patents on them due to their design. I’m guessing Glocks are far wider.

06-Feb-18
Looks nice but I will stick with my NANO with Crimson Trace and only 8 rounds. It is tiny.

06-Feb-18
I like it. I don't like carrying anything bigger than my S&W Bodyguard but would like a 9mm option and this one is in the running.

06-Feb-18
I like sig's. But a 10 round double stack isn't and advantage if, a more slender to carry 7 + 1 capacity gun didn't

07-Feb-18
I'm interested. The Shield, though, is a hard to beat package. If it looks like it beats that, you bet I'll get one.

07-Feb-18
Why would I want to replace this one with my Glock 26? I also have a Kahr .380 for deep carry. What is this going to do for me?

07-Feb-18
No reason needed to buy a new gun. You end up with a new gun...reason enough....'til next month.

07-Feb-18
It is almost too small for a big handed goon like me. I bought my daughter the sig p320 subcompact and it's small with a ridiculous capacity of 12+1 and that's without an extended magazine. The P320 is the modular one the army just bought to replace the berretta. It was the first striker fired weapon I've shot. If I didn't already have the little 1911 (I like the thinness of it) I'd be in the market for the new little micro P365. In fact, I might get it anyway....the 1911 is a .380 and 7+1 and don't feel real well armed with it.

07-Feb-18
There's a Grizzly +p 380 that's in 9mm territory, Straight-Arrow. Feeds well, hits pretty hard. Found it at Sportsman's Warehouse.

07-Feb-18
I'm thinking bout getting a 22 mag Derringer. The ultimate in home defense!

07-Feb-18
Thanks BK.....and you are right of course. For that matter all caliber rounds are more effective than they were 10 years ago if you get the right load and bullet that's for sure. That's what's behind the movement back to the 9mm....which used to be consider to light.

07-Feb-18
Pretty fond of the Ruger LC9S here, and will handle hot 9mm loads.

07-Feb-18
My M&P Shield with 8+1, loaded with Federal 124gr HST’s is my go to carry gun. Conceals easy, shoots well, 9 rounds of “don’t screw with me.”

07-Feb-18
Hard for me to give up on my shield. Nice gun though.

I'm actually considering a .380 too. What are you all carrying? I love the idea of carrying something that you almost forget is there.

07-Feb-18

Ace's Link
I think that (for me) "forgetting it's there" means having a great holster (and belt), even more than a nice small handgun. Check out the Nate Squared (Pro) holsters. Lots of good Gun Belts out there, and they all beat just a regular leather belt by a long shot.

07-Feb-18
I'm gonna have to look at it. I've been wanting a micro 9mm. Sig's 938 was on the short list, but I don't like the single action first shot. I'd rather have a double. The sales guys I've talked to say "Cock it and carry it with the safety on." I'm not comfortable with that. And cocking it is awkward for my hand. Easier just to carry it empty chambered and rack the slide if I ever need it.

My main handgun is a S&W M&P Compact. I like the no safety, no cocking thing. Just less steps if you ever actually need it.

07-Feb-18
Ace I bought the N82 holster for my P938 and I can say it is very comfortable to walk around in. Bake I ave not carried my Sig cocked and locked yet. Sounds funny but I’m reserving that for more sketchy areas that I may go to.

07-Feb-18
My favorite is a Ruger SE9 compact. Awesome little gun that handles really well. My next choice would be the shield. My buddy has one of the P938's. It is a nice little gun too.

07-Feb-18
Ace and Spike,

I have had my eye on the N82 for a long time. Love the fact that it actually provides a sweat barrier/protection between the grip and your body. I may go ahead and pull the trigger on one now. I use an alien gear now and it is a nice holster but not perfect.

07-Feb-18
Bowfreak, a Glock 42 in 380 is tiny, easy to carry and easy to shoot well. Mine jammed, I sent it back and it came back dead reliable. Darn good shooter, and with +p loads, it would hurt a bit. And it's easy to shoot accurately and fast. The Ruger LCP hurts my hand.

07-Feb-18
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Kahr P380 is the smallest pocket pistol out there. I own one and it looks like a cigarette lighter. If there's one more steam line or smaller, I have no knowledge of it. We're talking .380 here.

08-Feb-18
Bowfreak I owned two N82 holsters, the pro model with the plastic over the neoprene and the regular model with the nylon over the neoprene and my opinion is that the plastic held firm and has a safety feature that you have to twist the gun handle to pull out which is neat. My only issue is the plastic form tends to show under my shirt. The nylon is great because it shows the best concealability in my opinion. Can’t go wrong with either but I prefer the regular one they sell and it’s cheaper!

08-Feb-18
Foxpro, take a look at the Seecamp. Tiny, and very well made. The .380 is not fun to shoot but you can conceal it in a small pocket (please do use a holster that covers the trigger!).

08-Feb-18
I wish I could carry on Long Island but the fascists won't allow it. We were close when we had a Republican County Executive but the Chief of Police talked him out of it. Seems the police like it that only them and the criminals can carry.

08-Feb-18
Mint along with the non stop traffic it sure sucks there!

08-Feb-18
Yeah, but the high taxes make up for all those problems. :)

08-Feb-18
Kevin,

Is the Glock 42 your EDC?

• Sitka Gear