HA/KS 07-Feb-18
BIG BEAR 07-Feb-18
HDE 07-Feb-18
NvaGvUp 07-Feb-18
Woods Walker 07-Feb-18
07-Feb-18

HA/KS's Link
Up 10,316 days - gone 10,316 days.

Maybe a couple of days old, but still important.

God Bless Ronald Reagan.

07-Feb-18

07-Feb-18

07-Feb-18
I was there in 1982 when Reagan visited. Reagan playfully "stepped over the line" into East Germany, when he was at Checkpoint Charlie. Got us all going... a big "F You" to the Russians!

Height of the Cold War...there was a black KGB vehicle parked outside our Kaserne almost daily.

07-Feb-18
My man, Ronald Reagan, that allow the big merger to go after the pension funds, put an embargo on the Soviets that the tans-europeans pipe line was being built that cost US contracts millions of $ and jobs and then lifted it several months later and the European countries pick off the contracts, the S&L, Contra that brought in MS13, PATCO that cost a few thousand their jobs including myself, amnesty for 4 million and the DNC railroad him on this one that we are still contending with. Out spent the Soviets on military to break the Soviets and blew a hole in the deficit which was nothing compared to today's. The 80s was a real ruff decade for the blue collar workers, had to bounce like a rubber ball to get a job to survive, I could go on but leave it here. So wonder I voted for Libertarian Ed Clark for POTUS, he carried the majority in Alaska while living there.

07-Feb-18
By any chance were those blue collar workers union?

07-Feb-18
Snowflake much?

HDE, I think you nailed it.

One of the most important things Reagan did was repair the balance of power that had swung to almost unlimited power for unions.

07-Feb-18
HDE, there were open and close shop that got hammered. A old hunting bud was union when the place close and his pension of 30+ yrs of work was $129.89 per mo. from the Federal Pension take over, my father-in-law was the one that locked the doors after 41 yrs., he faired better. I worked for a oil equip co. that closed, tough to see a master machinist of 27 yrs go out the door with zip, non-union shop. Reagan had some great speeches but a tough walk, but work through it and became a successful self-employed because of it, but just have a problem with fiction and reality when comes to Reagan when I hear how great he was.

07-Feb-18
jjs,

Could you possibly repost that, using paragraphs and spacing as a starter so it might actually be readable?

BTW, I also voted for Ed Clark that year.

07-Feb-18
Of course, Carter's 20+% inflation had nothing to do with the economic turmoil.

07-Feb-18
Now Trump is going to build a Mexican wall.....

Oprah will be the one to tear that one down...... Ha !!!!!

07-Feb-18
Reason I asked is unions are normally pro democrat and that kills the union workers' prosperity...

07-Feb-18
Ask the former union members in WI what they thought about forced union membership.

When Scott Walker got Act 10 passed, over 1/2 of WI's union members who were given a choice of belonging to their union or not, told their unions to 'eff off!'

07-Feb-18
Ask the UMW what they think about Democrats now, especially in West Virginia.

• Sitka Gear