tonyo6302 19-Feb-18
Bowbender 19-Feb-18
lawdy 19-Feb-18
Rocky 19-Feb-18
lawdy 19-Feb-18
HA/KS 19-Feb-18
'Ike' (Phone) 19-Feb-18
14-Feb-18
School shooting in a school in Florida. Florida Senator says many dead. They have the shooter in custody.

14-Feb-18
This is horrible..... The biggest terrorist threat right now in our country is from our own people..... many of them kids. This has to stop.

14-Feb-18
At least they have the shooter. He was in class earlier in the day.

14-Feb-18
Don't you need to be a current student to be in class?

14-Feb-18
They say there were several entrances to the building and he knew the area well. Is Cruz Hispanic?

14-Feb-18
Must be white-hispanic...

14-Feb-18
"This has to stop."

Since so many Americans of all ages are insulated from the consequences of their bad behaviors and decisions (example the two who are raking in cash for stupidly sinking their sailboat), it will not change until the way our society insulates people changes.

Natural consequences serve a purpose, but our society has decided that we cannot let them be a means to teach people or filter the gene pool.

14-Feb-18
What pisses me off is thier 3 hour "special report" that told you nothing.....that interrupted the events I wanted to see on the Olympics!

14-Feb-18
What pisses me off is the fact that so many people, including the school, knew he was trouble.

14-Feb-18
I'm sick over this crap! High school kids should be worrying about, "What should I wear tomorrow?", "Should I talk to her?", "I'm getting my drivers license soon!"

Not, "Am I going to die in school today?!!!"

Something needs to be done...we need to use common sense...for a change!

14-Feb-18
"Don't you need to be a current student to be in class?"

One would think so. Sounds like they may need to work on security a tad. Not only wasn't he a student, but he brought an AR 15 in!!! HOW the **** does that happen??? Somebody's got some s'plainin' to do.

15-Feb-18
His generation has no respect or morals. Some do but most don't.

15-Feb-18
No sense of reality. I blame the fast paced lives we live and have allowed to pick up speed.

15-Feb-18
Probably taking prayer and the 10 commandments out of the schools, coupled with the Government destruction of the family via welfare, had led us down this road.

.. ..

.. ..

This is what I blame.

15-Feb-18
My opinion...its the "everyone gets to be a winner" mentality. This kid was expelled from school and couldn't just accept it. He had to have the last laugh!

15-Feb-18
At this point it doesn't matter who or what is to blame......

The only thing that matters is making it stop. Now.

15-Feb-18
I work in a high school doing a multitude of things, but I'm also on the security team.

I keep hearing, "how did a former student get in?", its not that simple. Our school has 1400 students in a single, relatively small building, thats less than half of the students this school has and their campus is also comprised of multiple buildings. We typically have about 100 visitors coming into our building everyday, even with security at the front door we have someone slip by everyonce and awhile. We only have one door of our 48 outside doors unlocked, but there are constantly teachers and students proping doors open or letting other students in. Securing our campus is priority number one, but is not possible 100% of the time.

It is impossible to know 1400 students plus another 100 staff members. I cannot imagine having more than 3,000 students and another 200-300 staff members.

I do think arming staff is the best option. Time and time again when confronted by another person with a firearm, the shooters kill them selves or surrender. We should allow staff members to go through outside training and apply to carry a firearm, only the School Resource Officer and principal should be aware of who is carrying.

The one item that I think needs to be kept in mind is how do we keep our kids safe without making our schools locked-down and seem like a prison? Schools need to be a place where kids want to go and can feel safe.

15-Feb-18

Annony Mouse's Link

15-Feb-18
Mouse, how do you propose pursuing these leads?

What should be happening that is not?

I wonder how many kids (or not kids) are reported in any given time frame? If the number is small, LE may be missing obvious leads.

If the number is huge, not all can be prosecuted, or even investigated.

Do we need to start making some kinds of speech into crimes?

If so, how long to we lock them up?

15-Feb-18
Well now Trump is on it....says he is going to do something.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Liberal Dem politicians fight him at every turn. I can just hear their imbecilic rant now "Ban guns, Ban guns" jeez....its a complex problem that will need a multi faceted solution.....can somebody please explain that to these jokers?

16-Feb-18
Pat: That's exactly what I thought when I heard that report, and I don't know a fraction about this computer stuff that you do. Like I said, someone's got some s'plainin' to do.

16-Feb-18
This will not go over lightly and it shouldn’t...

16-Feb-18
"This is horrible..... The biggest terrorist threat right now in our country is from our own people..... many of them kids. This has to stop."

I agree. What's most frightening is the shooters are being radicalized and glorified by LWL extremists and the Resist movement for political gain. Proof. Their only solution is gun control, UFB.

16-Feb-18
Something that disturbs me is the lack of even a comment from a few here on the CF......... Who would have been all over this thread if the shooter had been a radical Islamic terrorist...... You know who I'm talking about......

To me..... ignoring it is akin to saying that this is an acceptable unfortunate consequence of being an American.....(The main person who I'm talking about has posted on other threads after these school shooting threads were up and running but hasn't said a word here).....

This is a home grown American terrorist.... And it's high time we really do something to put an end to it. The BS talk about why it happened is useless....

Again,,, I think it's time to fortify our schools with armed security guards working a metal detector station just like when you go into court.

Either we decide to be part of real solutions to the epidemic problem..... Or the solutions will be made for us by the liberals who will turn this into Canada where no one is allowed to own a pistol or a semi automatic long gun.....

I'm pro gun..... But I'm sick and tired of this crap happening in America. No child should ever be murdered in school in the U.S.A. What if it was your child ?? How would you feel right now ???

16-Feb-18
Turning our schools into prisons is the same twisted thinking as more gun control. Lack of security in our schools is not the cause of these shootings any more than the guns that are used. More security is just a bandaid.

Matt

16-Feb-18
Like I said before.... make half of them secure... so you can send your kid where you want and I'll send my kid where I want.... Either provide my kid with a safe and secure school or I reserve the right to pull her out of school..... Home schooling seems like a good option to me at this point.

16-Feb-18
If the FBI couldn't trace due to lack of cooperation from google/facebook/youtube etc, then they SHOULD say that, explain it, let public pressure work against the companies.

As for the name on the youtube channel, that can be anything, you have to be able to trace it, and without them helping, you are SOL

16-Feb-18
I think it is all BS. Common sense steps should be taken to help but they won't be. First, get rid of Gun Free Zones. A retired police officer cannot carry his gun in a gun free zone. Second, have it so the kids are not locked in the classroom as sitting ducks, why can't some of them flee through the window if they are on the first floor. Third, let teachers and security people carry.

I do find it ironic and sad that politicians etc will demand something has to be done to stop these shootings but impaired drivers kill over a 1,000 kids a year and everyone makes excuses for the drunk drivers, especially the ones in this country illegally. Heck, the Dems are demanding that daca recipients not be denied if they have a dwi conviction.

16-Feb-18
BB, Is the answer to over populated prisons to build more prisons? We can not make war zones of protection in our school system. This is not addressing the root cause of these acts of violence in our schools. What message are we sending our children? We will protect you as best we can when you are in school? ....and Mr. Officer...when we leave? We, the people and culture are the cause but refuse to submit from fear of our own recreational time being thwarted even as the bill that must be paid is a sadness like no other. Americans are a rare breed and a breed apart. The Rock

16-Feb-18
Then why bother to fortify courthouses Rock ?? Why bother to fortify hospitals ??

Why bother to fortify airports and airplanes ?? We can't make war zones out of these places to protect people,,,, Right ?? I mean,,, What are we,, Communists ????

16-Feb-18
BB,

As an LEO and military vet, surely you’ve been taught that situational awareness is the first line of self defense. If more people involved in this kid’s life had been aware of his mental disorder, and sought help for him, this shooting would have never happened. Or, if any of the hundreds of students and teachers in this school had been situationally aware and recognized the shooter wasn’t suppose to be there, the shooting would likely have been prevented.

Our society needs to be taught and practice situational awareness, just like your profession does. Without that, any measure of more security or gun control is just treating a symptom not the cause.

Matt

16-Feb-18
When these school shootings occur one side yells for more gun laws, the other side yells for more security.

Just the other day there was a woman who killed her children and husband and then herself. No one yelled for more gun laws, no one yelled for more security. Everyone agreed the woman was bat shit crazy and something should be done about mental health...

Why don't we see the same conclusions from these school shooters? Every one of them has that vacant dead eye stare, every one of them has a history of some kind of mental issues.

The answer as to why these shootings occur is right in front of us, but no one seems to see it...I wonder why?

16-Feb-18
"If the FBI couldn't trace due to lack of cooperation from google/facebook/youtube etc, then they SHOULD say that, explain it, let public pressure work against the companies."

That's because the FBI is no longer the organization that it once was. They've been transformed in a PC "law enforcement" agency weaponized into a political hit man.

16-Feb-18
When the next school shooting happens and then the next and then the next..... don't be surprised when the scales tip and voters vote to turn this into Canada. I don't own a black gun so it's not going to affect me when they are outlawed.....

Keep talking about what we should do and this will be the end result.....

16-Feb-18
Situational awareness..... yeah that's it..... My 6th grader just needs to be taught to be more tactical.......

"Lack of Security is not the cause of these shootings"........... Nope; not a cause. A SOLUTION.

16-Feb-18
Did you teach your 6th grader to look both ways before crossing a street, or to not talk to strangers, or not to approach stray dogs, etc...? If so, then why wouldn't you teach her to recognize the signs of a mentally disturbed person who presents a threat?

Matt

16-Feb-18
Everyone knew that kid was mental ..... what good did that do ???

Pretty much everyone in every school in America can point to a few people who would be most likely to go off some day.....

Same with every work place in America...... Knowing that someone is a little off and more likely to do something like this is not stopping it from happening..... nor will it.

You're talking like a liberal counselor....... You just want to discuss ways that we can talk about preventing this. Nothing you are saying is going to do a damned thing to prevent it from happening again.

16-Feb-18
When muti-term senators and congressman resign, retire, and go away politically I MIGHT consider the thought of allowing a law to restrict the future ownership of certain currently legal firearms...

16-Feb-18
You can tell me that again when the next school shooting occurs........

16-Feb-18
Guns are legal - meth is illegal. More kids die of meth than guns.

School shootings are tragic. We should do what we can to reduce or eliminate them. However, more kids die in the US every day from various criminal activities (including drunk driving as pointed out above) and almost nothing is said.

How many children will die in Chicago this year from already illegal guns and drugs?

Rushing off in a blind panic and further restricting the legal activities of people who are not and will not be criminals is NOT how we should approach this problem.

Exactly what new law would have prevented any of these school shootings?

Some of the ideas being put forth would be extremely expensive if forcefully applied to schools across the nation. Where does that money come from?

16-Feb-18
I read a study once a a few years back. A good chunk of these shooters were on pysch meds.

Boys are no longer allowed to be boys, they put them on meds.

16-Feb-18
^^^YES!^^^

Too many parents look to schools as government sponsored day care. When schools cannot discipline misbehaving students for fear of parental complaint/legal action, they have no other choice but resort to behavior modification by drugs.

16-Feb-18
Before Nikolas Cruz carried out his mass killing at a Florida high school this week, police responded to his home 39 times over a seven-year period, according to disturbing new documents.

16-Feb-18
Asylums served a purpose, but that also is a slippery slope. There are many in America who would like to declare all gun owners insane.

16-Feb-18
And STILL the flu is a far greater danger to school children than guns on any given day. Kids need a sweater more than a bullet proof vest.

16-Feb-18
I'm supposed to feel better about this because way more kids die in the US from various criminal activities ??????

Henry,,, I can't believe you as a teacher said that.......

Is that what you would tell the parents of the kids murdered if it had happened at your school ???

16-Feb-18
BB, I am not heartless, but facts are facts.

Running off in a sky is falling panic and passing more laws will not change what has happened and probably will not prevent any future incidents.

Why was a kid with that many LE contacts still running free?

16-Feb-18
I know that there is a solution.

Our founders knew what keeps a society safe. It is not more government. It is moral and religious people.

Right now in America, anything goes - except morality and Christianity.

16-Feb-18
You are the one who is confused Trax. Not once have I said that any guns should be outlawed or confiscated regarding this shooting... Never. Not once.

16-Feb-18
Henry..... Might I point out that this is not happening in Jewish communities and schools either.....

16-Feb-18
"Henry..... Might I point out that this is not happening in Jewish communities and schools either."

Not sure the point. What are you saying when you post this?

16-Feb-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

16-Feb-18
Nope. No gun control pushing here. I did say that if we don't do something about this that the gun grabbers are eventually going to get their way.......

But that is not what I am advocating.... All I am asking for is to make my kids school as secure as our local courthouse...

16-Feb-18
Henry... That was in response to your statement that there is no morality and Chrtianity in America.... There's no Christianity in Jewish schools... but there's no mass shootings there.........

16-Feb-18
Ah...but there is the promotion of a moral value system.

And more likely, Henry really meant was referring to our traditional Judea-Christian morality upon which our country was founded and held sway for many years.

I spent a number of years in our school system as a substitute teacher and understand from whence Henry comes. It might help perspective if some here could volunteer or spend a little time in our schools to understand the environment of dealing with students today.

16-Feb-18
"Ah...but there is the promotion of a moral value system. And more likely, Henry really meant was referring to our traditional Judea-Christian morality upon which our country was founded and held sway for many years."

Yep.

16-Feb-18
BB, Ironic the theme that runs through your solution that only a LE could envision. Increased authoritarian SECURITY. "Then why bother to fortify courthouses Rock ?? Why bother to fortify hospitals ?? Why bother to fortify airports and airplanes ?? We can't make war zones out of these places to protect people,,,, Right ?? I mean,,, What are we,, Communists ???? " ...and your mindset in question form answers and validates your thinking process. You never produced a thought to exposing the underlying problem but knee jerked a stronger military presence to combat a growing threat. Building the wall higher is NOT the answer. Car alarms , house alarms, personal alarms coupled with all the security that you have mentioned that is just the tip. What does that tell you about us as a people in a FREE land, where the people and children are anything but FREE and allow this madness to continue with our own consent. That's right CONSENT, because we are pinned to a "Constitution of Interpretation" as if God Himself penned it, or whoever might be the latest to contest and interpret its original meaning. Every child has the right as the greatest nation on Earth as we are told, to expect in the least the safety to enjoy, without apprehension or fear, to simply attend school or a playground. Place LE everywhere. Right?

The Rock

16-Feb-18
Either we decide to be part of real solutions to the epidemic problem..... Or the solutions will be made for us by the liberals who will turn this into Canada where no one is allowed to own a pistol or a semi automatic long gun..... Sorry BB as a Canadian I can go to my local Canadian tire and walk out of the store in 15min with an sks or a number of other semis nothing recorded by any one.If i want a hand gun i have to take a $50 course (about $20 Amer. LoL)and a background check by rcmp,their use is restricted to a range but can still have one.Not that bad here

16-Feb-18
Very cool Bena.... my bad.... I guess I am misinformed about guns in Canada....

16-Feb-18

Coyote 65's embedded Photo
Coyote 65's embedded Photo
solution to school shootings.

Terry

16-Feb-18
Coyote 65,

Signs such as these are signs of the disease that we have agreed to accept, replete only with the intention to deter, not dismantle or destroy. There is something inherently wrong with this thinking.

The Rock

16-Feb-18
The NRA and their rabid fans better take heed. The younger generation that’s growing up w these school shootings are angry. And it won’t be long before they’re voting. Already college age millenals are uniting around this issue.

In a few years,We will eventually live in a country where every adult has been affected by a school shooting. These kids will grow up and change this bloody trend, because the current adults have chosen to let them continue to die. They will make the change that today’s politicians won’t or refuse to do. Bet on it.

16-Feb-18
You're full of sh*t Paultheist. And you even admit it. NOTHING you say has an ounce of credibility. Part of the reason why so many kids are screwed up today is because they have human pus sacs like you teaching them. Which persona did you lie to them today as? Ryan? Paul? A-holeist? Resist? The fake Marine?

16-Feb-18
Why’s he and the left hand crayon drawer still around?!? Oh, that’s right comedy relief!

16-Feb-18
OK atheist. I will take your bet. What are you betting??? It's sad that our children are sitting ducks, in schools, with no guns to protect themselves from these thugs , while, the dems are worried about bringing in more ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. You are correct, it won't be long before these kids are voting. No way they will vote for a democrat, that cares more about (Dreamers) ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, than these students, of this Country.

16-Feb-18
What we have here is a failure to communicate............................ The newly and improved Obama protocols. Say something so the FBI can do due nothing.

""The FBI admits it failed to act on a warning about Florida shooter Nikolas Cruz when informed about potentially dangerous behavior.

The warning came from a person close to Cruz on an anonymous FBI tipline warning about his possession of a gun, his disturbing social media posts, and his desire to kill people, according to the FBI.

The tip-off was delivered on January 5, 2018.

The information was not sent to the FBI Miami field office, which the FBI blamed on a failure to act under “established protocols.”

“We are still investigating the facts,” FBI Director Christopher Wray said in a statement. “I am committed to getting to the bottom of what happened in this particular matter.”

Wray added that it was the FBI’s job to “act properly and quickly” when informed of troubling behavior by the public.

He expressed “regret” for the additional pain that the information would have for families and friends of those Cruz killed.

“All of the men and women of the FBI are dedicated to keeping the American people safe, and are relentlessly committed to improving all that we do and how we do it.”

16-Feb-18
From The Hill:

A sheriff said Friday that his office received around 20 calls about Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old suspect in this week’s shooting at a Florida high school that left 17 people dead and wounded more than a dozen others.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel told reporters that his office had uncovered “approximately 20” 911 calls relating to Cruz over the last few years, and that his office would investigate how those calls were handled.

“We have uncovered at the Broward Sheriff’s Office that we’ve had approximately 20 calls for service over the last few years regarding the killer,” Israel said. “Every one of these calls for service will be looked at and scrutinized.”

On Friday morning the FBI admitted they did not follow protocol in investigating the violent threats posted online by Nikolas Cruz.

The FBI also admitted they did not follow protocol on a second threat warning about Nikolas Cruz in JANUARY!

16-Feb-18
Police visited Cruz's house 36 times in six years.

17-Feb-18
The FBI could receive a thousand calls about someone suspicious no matter how many firearms he may have or open ended rants he may have made at random. He is well within his rights and protected by the "Constitution". Remember? Should the FBI scoop up and hold every individual who they deem off kilter and a future possible mass murderer who till this time has not shed one drop of blood? Who would we entrust to hold and make that determination and possible political interaction? The FBI? The DOJ? We are witnessing the back door activities for political advantage by these orgs. as we speak. Would you feel comfortable to allow them to make that call? People want to have their cake and eat it to, but only when it concerns others. ......and Atheist that whacko does indeed have a valid point. These children that have been exposed to these acts of violence who are the future leaders of America, will have a everlasting negative view of the violence they experienced. The narrative of "gun violence" by the MSM will not be overlooked when they are of voting age and their nightmare will rekindle itself in their leanings because they, as we, can not come to grips with the fact that our societal structure are the true "killers" which is "US", and not "guns". The Constitution will not be challenged as it is today but will absolutely be modified no doubt and the beginnings and seeds of the police state will have been sown.

The Rock

19-Feb-18
It is different this time. Those AR 15s are not long for this world. How many of these shootings happen with a nice Remington 700 BDL with monte carlo stock?

They really do server no purpose that another type of gun won't do better.

19-Feb-18
"Should the FBI scoop up and hold every individual who they deem off kilter and a future possible mass murderer who till this time has not shed one drop of blood?"

.. ..

.. ..

Yes. There is legal recourse in almost every state towards mental health issues. When my ex threatened suicide, I called the Orange County Sheriff, and they, under California Law, could hold her for 48 hours, or until a medical professional could make a determination.

Most states allow for temporary incarceration on the word of a loved one about mental health issues.

Fortunately for my Ex, she received the medical help she needed, and even voluntarily stayed for an extra 3 weeks. It is truly amazing what mental health professionals can do once they are given a chance.

Now for the hard part, how often do you hear stories in the news about the "wins" that the Police have?

Not often in my opinion. Cops winning does not sell "papers".

19-Feb-18
"It is different this time. Those AR 15s are not long for this world. How many of these shootings happen with a nice Remington 700 BDL with monte carlo stock? They really do server no purpose that another type of gun won't do better. "

.. ..

.. ..

My "Slippery Slope" meter just pegged clean over to the right. What is next, Bou, telling us that our constitutional rights are dependent on what criminals do ?

19-Feb-18
“It is different this time. Those AR 15s are not long for this world. How many of these shootings happen with a nice Remington 700 BDL with monte carlo stock? They really do server no purpose that another type of gun won't do better.”

And when that lovely Remington 700 is deemed a high powered sniper rifle that no civilian should own, which orifice will you offer to appease the gun grabbers?

19-Feb-18
Most of these kids won't vote unless the internet collapses, their cell phone service disappears, and someone drives them to the polls where there is entertainment and a free starbucks. I have taught and coached for 45 years. A majority of young people jump on a bandwagon and when the new wears off, go back to their comfortable worlds. That is why, when this older generation dies off, the US will happily slide into a socialistic state, followed by oppression. Read Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto and see how far we have come. Destroy religion and morality, denigrate the family unit, get rid of private ownership of property, drug use by our youth, the chickens are coming home to roost. However, some day in the future, some young person will find a history book the revisionist forgot to destroy and read how America used to be. That will be the spark that starts a new revolution.

19-Feb-18
lawdy,

.....and the government will put him down post haste.

The Rock

19-Feb-18
Rocky, you can't kill a dream. That kid gets put down by the government, but if he shares his dream of liberty, the fire is lit. Only 15% of the populace was involved in the American Revolution. You could be right though because as a biologist I learned that natural selection is beneficial to a species. We have eliminated that and with brain altering drugs I see us devolving into a species that won't mind having every facet of our lives governed. However, you need to eliminate those who love liberty, want to make their own decisions and live with them, and support themselves and their families. Having us old farts die off will help. Eliminating the rest for the religion of progressiveness could be difficult unless another Hitler rises. My family witnessed that first hand in Poland, but an America that was still liberty loving rescued them when the soldiers walked into Auchwitz in total disgust at what they saw. That America is dying. My uncle was 3 feet from the gas chamber door when a guard noticed that he was not wearing a star of David and shifted him to the next line which was a shower. He and a couple of my aunts and uncles survived but were scarred for life. My grandfather was in the Polish underground during WW1. He and his compatriots fought the Germans with just knives and cunning. All had prices on their heads. His family, including my mother was snuck out of Poland while he stayed. He killed a German officer as he left a bar and they shipped out as that brought on tremendous heat. WW2 came and every single one of his kids served. Uncle Al flew with Dolittle. My mother became a nurse and took care of the wounded soldiers. The greatest generation.

19-Feb-18
"No one blames the gun when cops shoot people. "

19-Feb-18

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear