gflight 22-Feb-18
HDE 23-Feb-18
DL 23-Feb-18
Woods Walker 23-Feb-18
Sharpstick 24-Feb-18
Woods Walker 24-Feb-18
Sharpstick 24-Feb-18
18-Feb-18
School shootings usually disappear from the news within days. Not this one. The kids at Parkland are determined, They’re angry and justifiably so. And they’re tired of the talk and inaction of Congress. I have said that women and the young people will save this world. These young people are uniting a country and they won’t rest until they’re heard.

Young people know how to work the social media angle like experts. This campaign has legs. Parkland students who survived the massacre are making it clear: they want to "put a badge of shame" on any lawmaker who accepts money from the @NRA. They are going to make the NRA as toxic as the GOP made ACORN. Let's see if the NRA thinks it can defeat these kids.

18-Feb-18
Never happen, but if you think so, so be it. Gun control has nothing to do with these deaths and your a fool if you believe it does. What are you going to do? Take all our guns away, or just try to ban the ones the knuckleheads use as their choice of murder. They will just use something different. Any tool can kill. Are you that lost?

18-Feb-18
I think this is the final straw. It's all over the news and on the radio......

I do not agree that a ban on ARs or any other "Assault" rifles will change anything.......

But if I had to guesstimate right now...... I'd have to say that over 50% of Americans think that's what needs to be done.....

If anyone here thinks that nothing is going to change as far as gun laws as a result of this..... You're fooling yourself.....

18-Feb-18
I think there’s a middle ground trout. The system is broken when Isis sympathizers on a “no fly” list are still able to buy weapons. And please stop w the “laws won’t stop another shooting” nonsense. It’s a stupid argument. Will murder laws stop all murders? No. So should we just do away w all murder laws? Traffic laws are broken al the time. Get rid of them too? I’m a democrat, I own guns, I support the 2A but I do not believe for a second that anyone and everyone should be able to buy and own a gun. Insane people should not. Mentally ill people should not. Felons should not. Some folks here will tell you that owning guns is about being prepared against govt tyranny. Excuse me but if the govt wanted to use the military against civilians, no amount of guns will save you. Bottom line: a kids right to go to and from school safely and alive overrides your desire for an AR15.

18-Feb-18
paulicia- this is totally awesome burger n stuff!

they should go all the way, take a leap of faith, make murder illegal & stuff like, so too?

all violence should be like wrong & stuff like too, kinda?

should be no way for this hatred & repubulicanism to be all over, sort of, killing everybody just because of hatred and stuff

NRA kills everybody killed with a firearm, totally, sort of, and stuff, like so, kinda, right?

18-Feb-18
Of course, the proposals suggested by the village idiot will not stop all mass murders. Nor will they stop any of them. Not one. "Do something" will fail. Then the cry will again be "do something." Being effective is not important. Being able to say you did something is the important part.

18-Feb-18
I saw some of the students that don't agree with the liberals. They said if their coach had his gun on him he would probably have stopped the attack. He said there was another adult that would have stopped it but he didn't have his handgun due to it being a gun free zone. He got shot too.

18-Feb-18
Yeah, and some of these same students knew this guy was a ticking time bomb, and like the school staff, and FBI, they too did nothing. Now they have to blame something and the NRA is the convenient scapegoat. The NRA for a long time has advocated trained armed school staff, what if the football coach would have been armed ? But no, let’s just blame the NRA, and push for more useless gun laws. Symbolism over substances, doesn’t do $hit.

So while we focus on gun bans and more laws, instead of the real underliying problem, get ready for the next copy cat school shooter.

18-Feb-18
The AR15 is not the problem. I also never said EVERYONE should be able to own guns. This bullshit with these kids has been going on too long. Blame it on guns if you must. If parents would get back to having family values again instead of the ole "have your electronics and leave us alone attatude" things might change. Get back to the basics of a one income family so these kids have some disipline in their lives. Get on Hollywood to get the shit of the tv, and get on video game techs to quit their bullshit too, while your at it, Get on techs to filter the bullshit these kids can see on social media, because the parents are to busy making money for their "out of their league 500k home and 2 new cars". Parents knowadays give their kids everything they want, and nothing they need. Blame the NRA? I have yet to see the NRA promoting murder as hollywood or video manf. do. THATS MY MIDDLE GROUND! Look at these kids that are doing this, you cant tell me that parent supervision is not lacking. Whether it is guns bombs cars or whatever, it should never happen and probobly wouldnt if the parents took the time to do a little investagation into what their kids are doing. Blaming this on a type of gun is reaching in the wrong direction.

18-Feb-18
Preventing the mentally ill from buying guns isn’t a “useless gun law”. There are plenty of psychos in England, Ireland, France, Japan. Except they don’t have the access to guns. Care to guess how many mass shootings they have? When seatbelts were made a law, car fatalities fell almost 20% in less than a year. Not a big enough number? Imagine if one of those was a loved one.

18-Feb-18
Dishonesty, once again. There have been mass shootings in France, and recently.

You make up for being ignorant and stupid by being dishonest.

18-Feb-18
Hmmm. Maybe a Supreme Court Justice can explain it better, counselor? “Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep & carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever & for whatever purpose” ~ Antonin Scalia, in District of Columbia v. Heller, 2008, And i do believe Scalia is a hero of conservatives everywhere.

18-Feb-18
So Atheist....... let's say there are roughly 5-10 million ARs already owned in the U.S.,,,,,,

Say you and all the gun grabbers get the AR banned. What is your plan to take those 5-10 million ARs from those who own them ?? Do you expect them to line up to turn them in ???

Do you expect the Police to go to their houses to get them ?? I'd really like to hear your plan.

18-Feb-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

18-Feb-18
Mental illness is one of the problems, but even mentally ill people have civil rights protected under the constitution. So what is the solution ? Letting the gov. Have access to all medical records ? Hell even Hillary wouldn’t agree to that. Plus, the fact that if you have never been adjudicated , nothing will show up on a background check to deny your 2nd amendment right to purchase a firearm. So then you say ban AR’s and Ak’s, good luck with that.

The constitution is a pesky document. So unless we are ready to shred this document and destroy this representative republic experiment called the USA, we better wake up and treat the ailment instead of the tool used.

18-Feb-18
There’s no reason to shred it B.B., Scalia clearly says that the 2A is not without limits. What to do with existing AR’s? I imagine they’d grandfather in those who have them and prevent further sales? What did they do when Reagan outlawed automatic weapons? I don’t think they were forcibly confiscated. Maybe they asked for voluntary turn in? There’s plenty of room for common sense here fellas.

18-Feb-18
atheist. Name one gun law that would've kept this from happening?

18-Feb-18

HA/KS's Link
This is why banning some "scary guns" will not stop it.

"When police searched Cevario's home, they say they found the journal, a shotgun, ammunition, pipes and caps, shrapnel, fireworks, magnesium tape and fuse material."

People are the solution, not another law that will also be ignored by anyone wanting to cause havoc.

18-Feb-18
The law banning mentally ill people from buying guns. The law that trump repealed last month. Because if that law remained, the background check on the Florida shooter would’ve discovered his hospitalization and his meds are for mental issues. He would’ve been denied the AR. Any other stupid questions or do you need a nap after that blistering attempt at being smart.

18-Feb-18
HA, if “people are the solution” instead of laws then why have any laws at all? After all laws don’t prevent 100% of crimes.

18-Feb-18
These kids can and will get any, and all types of guns, from the streets, drug dealers, etc... They are not going to get their guns from stores. Gun laws are only going to apply to the law abiding citizens.

18-Feb-18
Laws do not prevent any crimes. They never have, never will. laws lay out what is unacceptable behavior and what the consequences of that behavior will be.

People then decide whether the behavior is worth the potential consequences.

School shooters know that the most likely consequence is that they will die in the school. Do you really think that one more law will mean anything to them.

"The law that trump repealed last month. "

The ignorance in this statement is monumental.

1. POTUS can not make a law and cannot repeal a law.

2. The action in question merely said that the government cannot take away the rights of an elderly person for the mere reason that they have decided to allow someone else to manage their finances.

I generally never answer liars. Repeating a lie does not make it true, and by choosing to be a liar, you proves that the truth has no value to you.

You do not value the truth, and I do not value your lies. I am done with this thread.

18-Feb-18
"The law banning mentally ill people from buying guns.

The law remains intact. Trump ended an Obama era regulation that prohibited people on social security who had their finances handled by others from owning firearms.

The law that trump repealed last month.

The president cannot repeal laws. This is weapons grade ignorance.

Because if that law remained, the background check on the Florida shooter would’ve discovered his hospitalization and his meds are for mental issues.

Uh, no. Perhaps HIPPA, the law concerning privacy of medical records is beyond the ability of your little pea brain to comprehend. People adjudicated as mentally ill are on the list. People taking psychotropic meds are on no lists. And the Florida shooter was not on social security retirement.

He would’ve been denied the AR.

Wrong.

Any other stupid questions or do you need a nap after that blistering attempt at being smart."

The instrument has not been invented that can accurately measure how stupid and blindly arrogant you are. But it need not be. You do not cite sources in your posts because you are content to make up stuff that fits your fantasies. Dishonest, stupid and arrogant is no way to go through life, son.

Everything you wrote here is a lie. Making stuff up to support your argument doesn't make your argument better. It exposes you as a dishonest little toilet bug.

18-Feb-18
All laws apply to law abiding citizens. Until they aren’t law abiding anymore.

Murder laws are there to prevent a law abiding citizen from murdering. Until he murders. So should we therefore remove those laws? And the kid bought his AR at a store. But don’t let facts get in the way. This might be a bit much for you bentstick so go next door and ask your neighbor to explain it to you if you don’t understand. 8^)

18-Feb-18
Case & Point there, Mr LIAR(atheist). Keep proving my point with your LIES. The list continues to grow. 8^)))

18-Feb-18
Lying sucks. Liars suck. Get lost.

Speaking of value. If black style rifles were to be bought back or made illegal to purchase and or sell... what would their totalvalue be?? $20 billion?

18-Feb-18
How many of the kids in these school shootings “bullied” these shooters? You know absolutely that kids do that and with social media can be merciless. There’s a lot of guilty kids in those schools of that. At columbine kids referred to the shooters as outcasts and loners. What causes that ? People ridiculing them that’s what. Did any of you hear the FBI agent say that they dropped the ball onthe information they received on this kid and didn’t follow proper protocol?

18-Feb-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Hmmm......sound like someone(s) we know? More bullsh*t from the sewer.
Hmmm......sound like someone(s) we know? More bullsh*t from the sewer.

19-Feb-18
It is different this time. Those AR 15s are not long for this world. How many of these shootings happen with a nice Remington 700 BDL with monte carlo stock?

They really do server no purpose that another type of gun won't do better.

19-Feb-18
You have got to be a complete fool thinking banning AR's is going to stop school shootings. A shooter with a sawed off shotgun and buck shot will do far worse damage in a close range shooting environment than an AR.

And I would like to see them try to ban shotguns, talk about a revolution at the polls.

19-Feb-18
This is not about stopping school shootings. It's about using the emotion and dead bodies of children to advance your gun ban agenda. "Never let a crisis go to waste."

19-Feb-18
BK X2

19-Feb-18
The war on drugs has been highly successful. I see no reason why the war on guns shouldn't be as successful. Instead of trying to change a society where families are broken, 70% of America uses some kind of drug to relax, sleep, or recreate, morality consists of "it is all about me," and the idea that there is a higher being is so stupid, it makes perfect sense to go after inanimate objects. That way, we can all pat ourselves on our backs, sip our lattes, and know we did something.

19-Feb-18
The logic of liberals is that 6 dead kids is better than 17 dead kids. You can't make this stuff up. The solution is NO dead kids, that's what we need to be looking at. Banning certain weapons might get you from 17 to 12 or 6 fatalities but it won't end the deaths. If all weapons were gone would it make liberals feel better when they start using bombs? Or their cars? Until the narrative can be turned away from guns to the root of the problem we will always have student deaths on our hands. I personally feel the blood from these shootings is on the hands of liberals and the media because they steer the narrative to a "solution" that is neither effective nor feasible rather than focusing on real change.

19-Feb-18
I believe it would impossible to ban AR 10 & AR 15. Too many Companies mfg them, and there countless website companies that make and sell parts to build them yourself. The materials are easy to find to reload your own ammunition.

19-Feb-18
Atheist, you're an idiot. You think a pathological sick individual only has access to a gun he buys legally?? What about buying one illegally in a back alley, what about taking a gun from Daddy's gun safe, what about stealing one from a store/home, what about finding one on the street? It's amazing to me you libtards expect an irrational person to only take a rational approach to securing a weapon...like the guy is going to think logically right up to the point of thinking illogically. Doesn't happen that way, and if not a gun this idiot would've found another way to kill.

19-Feb-18
"Not a big enough number? Imagine if one of those was a loved one."

Funny, you don't feel that way about illegals murdering citizens!

19-Feb-18
Ask yourselves, what is the REAL reason a gov't wants to legislate against a firearm?

If they were that concerned with safety and a less violent society, they would not let the likes of obama, clinton, sanders, pelosi, schumer, and others to hold public office. Sanders is all about pushing the progressive agenda, about ramming a political ideology down everyone's throat.

If they were that concerned, they would not empower things like planned parenthood and the degradation of the family unit.

You want to make kids feel safe, promote a good home and the rest takes care of itself...

19-Feb-18
Promote a good home......... Sound great........ You have any ideas how we do that ??

19-Feb-18
Common sense and responsibility.... Also great ideas..... You got any ideas how to make people have common sense and responsibility ???

19-Feb-18
If that's the plan then we're screwed.

19-Feb-18
"This is not about stopping school shootings. It's about using the emotion and dead bodies of children to advance your gun ban agenda. "Never let a crisis go to waste."

X2

19-Feb-18
Promoting a good home is different for every household.

For some, religion plays an essential role. For others, spending time as a family in the mountains is another. The common denominator is the role of an engaged parent, preferably two. If two, one male and one female. Liberal and progressive thinking is counter to that and the reason this "sickness" is running amok.

19-Feb-18
A wild game fundraiser dinner for the South Lyon High School Football Program (Mi.) slated for March 1st was cancelled..... because one of the raffle prizes was to be an AR.

19-Feb-18
"Doesn't really matter though... this country has slipped too far and the course cannot ever be reversed"........

Exactly. So I ask again.... what is promoting a good home, and common sense and responsibility going to change ??

19-Feb-18
Pro gun nuts are tweeting rage-filled insults at the kids who survived the Florida slaughter for saying change is needed. And for getting “political”.

This shows how easily NRA propaganda subsumes humanity. Kids who saw their dead friendsbare now supposed to shut up. FYI. These kids will be voters by 2020. Watch out, a wave is coming.

19-Feb-18

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
I find it comforting that PaulZ can be counted on to have his kids back when they would need him most...... as long as it's from under a desk begging for someone to take an attacker's banned gun away.....

19-Feb-18
Atheist..... so when you get the ARs banned.... and your plan includes grandfathering in all 10 million ARs that are currently owned by gun owners in America....... Do you plan on preventing them from selling their used AR to someone else at a gun show or simply seller to buyer ? What happens to that $1,000 gun when the owner dies ?? Do you have any ideas about any of this ?? It sure sounds simple on the face just to say ban them. But there's already 10 million of them in circulation.....

19-Feb-18
Typical idiot liberal solution; Ban guns. When that doesn't work wring your hands while the bad guys do as they wish.

School shooting is a complex problem that is going to take a multi faceted solution. There is no "One thing" that will solve it.....ban guns, all teachers packing guns, Armed guards at the schools, etc, etc.....its going to take a comprehensive policy and right now with the Dems "no guns" stupid policy and their counterpart Reps having No solution....disgusting.

Me; I'm glad Trump is getting involved. He is going to be a better problem solver than the career politicos we have in congress and senate.

Obama did nothing in his 8 years as president- a big ZERO.

19-Feb-18
Trained Armed Guards and metal detectors are the only solution. How can you not get that?

19-Feb-18
Atheist isn't here for an honest conversation about this topic. He just wants to stir the shit and sit back and lick the stick while you guys get all fired up.

19-Feb-18
atheist. You are correct. These kids will be able to Vote in 2020. They will not vote for a democrat. The democrats have proven that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, (DREAMERS), are more important than American children. That wave is coming. Can't wait.

19-Feb-18
What is your estimated cost of a black rifle style gov buyback. Is $20 billion close?

19-Feb-18
Brunse - it will be much cheaper than that because MOST will not sell them back at any price. Not enough room in prison for 10 million more otherwise law abiding Americans

19-Feb-18

slade's Link
EXPOSED: School Shooting Surviver Turned Activist David Hogg’s Father in FBI, Appears To Have Been Coached On Anti-Trump Lines

19-Feb-18
On a related note : some funerals are being held today for the teenagers lost in this senseless assault rifle massacre. Trump is teeing off on his golf course

Shame.

19-Feb-18
Where is the blame put on the auto for deaths (far more per year than crazy gun killers in a gun free zone) when some drunk kills innocents?

Where is the blame put on Planned Parenthood who kills far more children each year than in 10 years of crazies in a gun free zone? Far worse, Planned Parenthood has been shown to sell baby parts...just like someone parting out an old automobile.

And today, while the funerals of the victims are being held, Paul continues to provide an example of moral superiority by continuing posting as a fraud.

19-Feb-18
atheist. Let's see your proof of Trump golfing.

19-Feb-18
Student School Massacre Survivors and CBS Reporter Party Like Rock Stars

Shocking photos posted to Twitter of a CBS News reporter and students who survived last Wednesday’s high school massacre in Parkland, Florida that killed seventeen students and faculty, show the reporter and students laughing uproariously and posing for the photos like they are partying rock stars.

The photos featuring CBS reporter Gisella Perez and the students were posted by CBS This Morning staffer Caroline West and student activist Cameron Kasky. The photos come off as if they were promo stills for Glee: The High School Massacre.

Continued with photos at link...

19-Feb-18
Vetsforgunreform has also joined the movement. This school shooting will resonate. As much as you want the citizens to forget it and move on, it’s not happening.

19-Feb-18
White House aides advised the president against golfing so soon after the tragedy, so Trump spent much of the holiday weekend watching cable television news and grousing to club members and advisers. Then earlier on Monday, he played 2 rounds beginning at 11am.

19-Feb-18
Well atheist. One thing for sure. You are living proof that the democrat party feeds on the dumba$$es of America. You just might be first on the list. 8^)))

19-Feb-18
atheist. What was Trumps score??? 8^)))

19-Feb-18

19-Feb-18
atheist. Don't know Trumps score??? Are you LYING again??? PRICELESS!!! 8^)))

19-Feb-18
The Right is going to attack these kids that just survived a massacre.

People like me have to stick up for them. Because when our children act like leaders and leaders act like children, you know change is coming. And it’s most def coming.

I am more hopeful than ever concerning our nation’s future wth kids like Emma Gonzalez

19-Feb-18
When one looks beyond the proregressive meme of always blaming failure of policy on firearms, more evidence that there was much information that was available to all levels of authority prior to this shooting spree.

School Shooting Was Outcome of Broward County School Board Policy – Now Local and National Politicians Weaponize Kids for Ideological Intents…

CTH has intentionally stayed away from discussion of the Parkland school shooting as we watched and reviewed the response. However, it’s time to call the Broward School Board officials to task and simultaneously prepare the class-action lawyers to cripple the system.

Broward County schools intentionally created polices from 2010 through 2016 that culminated in the 2018 mass school shooting in Parkland. We know this with great specificity because five years ago we warned Broward County Florida school board members this could happen.

In 2012 and 2013 while doing research into the Trayvon Martin shooting we discovered an alarming set of school policies being enacted in Miami-Dade and Broward County Florida. The policies were called “diversionary programs” and were essentially about stopping High School students from being arrested. Law enforcement was instructed to avoid arrests and defer criminal conduct to school administrators.

Students who engaged in violence, drug sales, robberies, burglaries, theft and other various crimes were intentionally kept out of the criminal justice system. County administrators and School Superintendents told local and county law enforcement officers to stop arresting students.

2013 […] Broward, the nation’s seventh largest district, had the highest number of school-related arrests in Florida in the 2011-2012 school year, according to state data. Seventy-one percent of the 1,062 arrests made were for misdemeanor offenses. (more)

Unfortunately, the school board mandated policies came into conflict with law and order. The problem of the conflicted policy -vs- legality worsened over time as the police excused much more than misdemeanor crimes. Over time this culminated in police officers falsifying documents, hiding criminal activity, lying on official police reports and even hiding stolen merchandise police retrieved from high school students.

(Continued at link...many internal citations and references)

19-Feb-18
one thing for sure atheist, They will have a wuss sticking up for them. I have seen your picture. The kids are screwed. 8^)))

19-Feb-18

JL's Link
wfla.com/2017/02/14/staff-at-southeastern-university-to-carry-weapons-get-active-shooter-training/

LAKELAND, FL (WFLA) — Staff at Southeastern University in Polk County will soon be armed with more than school supplies. They’ll be armed with concealed firearms to defend themselves and students if there is ever an active shooter situation on campus.

“If you show up on campus with a gun, we’re going to shoot you graveyard dead if you try to hurt our kids,” Sheriff Grady Judd said.

Southeastern University and the Polk County Sheriff’s Office are partnering together for the first “Sentinel Program” in the state of Florida. The goal of the program is to enhance safety for students, faculty, staff and guests of the campus.guns2

The program authorizes and trains university employees to carry concealed firearms on campus. The sheriff’s office says the purpose is to rapidly respond to an active assailant on campus.

“The law simply says people can’t carry guns on campus, so who can? Law enforcement can. So, I am swearing them in as special deputies,” Sheriff Grady Judd said.

“Every time you turn on the news and see an incident like this that takes place, in my position, you ask yourself what else can we do?” Southeastern University Vice President of Student Operations, Chris Owen said.

Owens is one of the nine staff members currently going through the training. “Parents trust you when they drop their students off, that you have done everything you can to protect,” Owens said.

Faculty and staff were selected by the university for the program and were screened by PCSO staff. The screenings include criminal background checks, drug testing, and a psychological evaluation. Participants are also required to complete more than 100 hours of firearm safety and proficiency training with the Polk County Sheriff’s Office. Sheriff Grady Judd said the training is more intense than what deputies go through.

The firearms will be specifically purchased and issued for the sole purpose of the Sentinel Program. Only PCSO-approved concealed carry safety holsters and firearms will be used in the program.

According to a United States Department of Justice study, between the years 2000 and 2013 there were 160 “active shooter” incidents in the US. An “active shooter” is defined as “An individual actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a confined and populated area with a firearm.”

Nine staff members will be sworn-in sometime in May as special deputies. They will only have authority in an imminent situation.

19-Feb-18
Common denominators in the school shootings with 2+ casualties? Mentally Ill and automatic repeating rifles. Get serious about treating mental illness and limit repeating rifles to 5 shots or less. No need for 25 and 50 banana clip AR Type guns IMO. 5 shots is plenty for hunting, and even then I wish we could outlaw them for bow-only hunting. Sorry gun guys. Just the truth-bigger bulls and bucks in the bow only zones; )

19-Feb-18
This was a tragedy as were all the others... Call me cynical,....this new child movement has all the signs of another agenda driven manipulation of the press and sadly the children this time. Call me a cynic

19-Feb-18
Bownarrow,

So you've placed an "acceptable" limit on fatalities? Nice.

19-Feb-18
John Kasich , a true republican w morals and conviction to serve his community, has it right.

19-Feb-18
If there's already 10 million ARs in the U.S.,, And you're saying that those gun owners should be grandfathered in.... Then what you are essentially saying is that no more can be produced,,,, Right ?? People would still be able to buy and sell those used ARs at gun shows or On Gunbroker ..... right ? You aren't saying that someone who already legally owns one can never sell it are you ?? Are all 10 million of them supposed to be buried with the owner when he dies ???

Now let's talk about bullpup shotguns...... do you know what they are ??

If you want to outlaw all high capacity rifles and shotguns in the U.S.,,, You are talking more like 100 million firearms that are already legally owned.

19-Feb-18
Re Gov Kasich,...As Robin Williams exclaimed in the history of Scottish golf,...f_ _ k that,... Today it's my AR-15 semi, Tomorrow, my Ruger Mini 14, and I won't say anything about,...what?...nevermind.

19-Feb-18
Trax: This is a bow site and someone has to lead. You're an idiot and I don't suffer fouls. If you have a point say it, but don't start with a personal attack. You and your ilk are weak-minded small men. 1. Get serious about mental health. 2. Outlaw repeating rifles except for hard to earn licenses for stable, responsible people (Trax, people like you are excluded from owning them). Bear: I'm saying an Australian style buy-back of AR and Banana style clips. It won't be perfect but we have to make some decisions and measure whether they work, and then either continue down that road or move to another set of ideas. Time to stop talking and put a stake in the sand and then measure whether it works.

19-Feb-18
Oh I don't doubt for a minute that it's coming.... but it will be an epic fail.......

I don't know anything about the Australian style buyback you're mentioning.... But if you expect to ban ARs and then buy them back from those who already own them...... You'd better be prepared to pay 5 times what they were bought for to get anyone to budge on that....

19-Feb-18
Close the abortion clinics and I’ll give up an AR. Politics is about trying to find common ground. You want a bunch of ARs close down abortion clinics.

19-Feb-18
Trax: Use more of your tongue. Your teeth are "scratching"/hurting a little. But I like the way you do it…keep going. Go read the Constitution. Right to bear arms. Nuclear Arms? Nope, our courts have decided no. Anti Aircraft? Chemical? Nope. You see, the 2nd Amendment has been interpreted to mean arms for people like you and me to mean "guns" that our society considers reasonable, and that's the discussion we are having. So the 2nd Amendment is not read as it was written already. So I am suggesting we limit clips and AR type guns since they are a common denominator in these school shootings. I hate talking with stupid people Trax, but here I find myself again.

19-Feb-18
I googled Gun buyback programs and found that not only have there been buyback programs in Australia..... but several in cities right here in the U.S.A. I seem to recall the one in Detroit that was an epic fail. People turned in junk guns for the money and what did it change ?

19-Feb-18
Bownarrow..... unless you break it down to the point that the only guns left in America are single shot long guns ..... Your efforts will have zero effect.....

And that isn't going to happen....

19-Feb-18
Bownarrow. My opinion only. The only thing that i have against limiting the AR's and clips is, the schools won't be the only sitting ducks. Everyday people will be also. The thugs will have their AR's, and the people won't. There are lots of AR's, that these thugs can get their hands on. Laws won't keep the AR's out of the thugs hands. Do we really think that we can keep these AR's out of the thugs hands?? I don't see it happening, myself.

19-Feb-18
A thousand people die in Chicago and Baltimore alone, every year. How many with AR type guns and 30rd mags?? More school children will be killed by the flu than by guns of any type. If you want to stop incidents like this, try a public hanging of this Florida kid. Send a message - you aren't gong to be famous, and it's really gonna hurt when you are caught.

19-Feb-18
Come and get them..........And Paultheist and Brownholearrow can lead the charge.

19-Feb-18
"No need for 25 and 50 banana clip AR Type guns IMO."

First of all, they're not clips. Get your nomenclature right. Second, you're right - it's an opinion.

"5 shots is plenty for hunting, and even then I wish we could outlaw them for bow-only hunting."

Not really interested in what you think. You, like all politicians and legislators, are hardly qualified to make decisions for anyone.

19-Feb-18
Bownarrow,

"So I am suggesting we limit clips and AR type guns since they are a common denominator in these school shootings."

Sixty years ago you could buy an M1 carbine thru the mail. 15,20, 30 round mags. No school shootings. If you think AR's and 30 round mags are the issue, you're part of the problem.

By setting magazine limits, you're setting an acceptable number of casualties, are you not.

19-Feb-18
I have a semi automatic shotgun made in the 1950s..... am I OK with that gun grabbers ?? You ain't getting it. Guaranteed.

19-Feb-18
I love it when some arrogant, condescending know it all tries to tell ME what I "NEED". Who the **** died and left you boss?

Tell you what, even considering that I don't have to tell you a damn thing, no less explain to the likes of you what I "need", I will tell you that I "need" an AR 15 (or whatever other kind of firearm makes you sh*t your britches), because PEOPLE LIKE YOU SAY I DON'T!!!!

I don't own an AR type weapon...never had the desire to. I prefer a short barreled, open choked shotgun with 00BUCK for my defense. But I think I WILL get one now because it pisses off asshats like you!

19-Feb-18
Boy Trax. Making atheist think?? That idiot will be a month, trying to figure out, what you are asking him. 8^)

19-Feb-18

And these liars teach kids...no wonder why they're screwed up!
And these liars teach kids...no wonder why they're screwed up!

19-Feb-18

19-Feb-18

19-Feb-18
Atheist, you stupid LWL idiot, we're in the middle of a war and you want to take away my rifle. Stop making Cruz your poster child for gun control and take away the gun free zones. The shootings will stop.

Needs to be a law passed that says the FBI must act to prevent a school shooting when they have been notified about the impending school shooting. I guess that's too easy and effective, and wouldn't work for your anti-gun agenda.

19-Feb-18
That looks like one, I may or may not have Jeff! :-)

Rem R15

19-Feb-18

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
JTV 22-250 buck. 125 yard running shot quartering away. I love shooting that gun. One shot.

20-Feb-18
JTV,

I remember telling my son if the .243 is offered in an AR platform I’m buying. Just saw last month where DPMS unveiled that one you showed at the SHOT show. Love my bolt action .243s. Super accurate, great on whitetails. Own two already, looks like I’ll be adding that DPMS to the stable in the near future.

20-Feb-18

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
This is my home defense weapon. Semi auto 12 ga. with 18 inch barrel and holds 8 shells. I use my AR 15 for groundhogs. BTW that deer was a 50 yard one shot kill with Remington slugger slug. Went down in his tracks.

20-Feb-18
Good choice Shut. Mine is similar and I put a shell holder on the stock that holds 5 rounds of buckshot.

20-Feb-18
These young people are uniting a country and they won’t rest until they’re heard.

So, the same generation of young people that is the source of the shooters are suddenly going to save the country? Talk about the fox guarding the hen house. That's beyond ignorant.

"Common denominators in the school shootings with 2+ casualties? Mentally Ill and automatic repeating rifles."

More dumb logic. Another common denominator is they all used a finger to pull the trigger. Maybe we should amputate all trigger fingers, too? Oh wait, I guess they could always use another finger.

Check out the "Root Cause" thread, if you want a honest and intellectual discussion on this subject. This thread is a joke.

Matt

20-Feb-18
Athiest, answer me this please. Say it was possible to ban all guns. So then when these wackjobs start using cars and trucks do we ban those? How about baseball bats? Bows and crossbows? Explosives? knives? Beating someone to death? Oh wait murder is already banned. If a nutjob doesn't care about breaking the law and murdering people. What in the hell makes you think they will give a crap about breaking the law to get a weapon?

20-Feb-18
I hear they are considering raising the legal age to purchase a gun to 25 years old.

And all this time none of us could come up with such a brilliant fix as this!!

20-Feb-18
Atheist, I have followed your posts for a long time. When the hell do you teach? Does the administration know you are on this site all day? I don't think you really care about this issue, your a troll, or you are using others comments in your classes. If I had to guess I would guess that you are a liberal arts major, maybe the social sciences. I am a science-math guy. I have to have hard empirical data that something will work before I let someone else make choices for me. Keep posting as it is entertaining, even if I think you are just trolling.

20-Feb-18
atheist. What would you do if a student LIED about his or her name, at Briarcliff Manor High School??? How can you discipline a student, for something that you do here, daily??? You are a democrat, so i bet you could care less about the students. I bet we get an answer from this Dork. 8^)))

20-Feb-18
That's it atheist. Lose your ba!!s and run off for a few days, chicken $hit. PRICELESS!! 8^)

20-Feb-18
Or how about if someone who worked at Briarcliff Manor High School posted under 30+ fraudulent identities and reneged on his word as Paul Zeiden? Not a very good person(s) to be supposedly teaching children. It sort of makes you wonder if he were ever accused of sexual abuse if his testimony would have any credibility?

20-Feb-18
A .223 will work for deer, I killed 2 with it this year. 55 grain bullet, they went no more than 75 yards. No exit wound or blood trail to amount to anything. Still prefer my old '06 though. ;) That AR is my favorite coyote gun, lots of fun to shoot.

I'm wanting a 224 Valkyrie now. Don't need one, but want one.

20-Feb-18
Hell you can kill a deer, or a cow for that matter, with a .22 if you know where to put the bullet.

20-Feb-18
Hahaha. Small weak men trying their best to attack me and my career and pointing out where I work and what I do. Want answers? People in hell want ice water too. Stick to the topics or can it. Where and when I work has nothing to do w you. I have been teaching for over 23 years. With a stellar record of achievements, coaching as well as several clubs (Model UN, Habitat for Humanity, etc). Indoctrination? Lol. True young people of this nation see what’s happening. The tired old farts are dying out. This new generation will fix the mess you boomers made. And what a mess it is. So say what you want, it doesn’t matter a bit. The fact is, you’re angry and desperate and you see the writing on the wall. So you attack personally because it’s all you’ve got. Like I said, weak, small men.

20-Feb-18
The writing is on the wall Paul Zeiden, and that's the documented fact that you are a self admitted liar with no honor who's word is literally worthless, regardless of which of the 30+ fake identities you say it as.

20-Feb-18
Once again atheist. What would you do if a student LIES about there name, or anything else??? How can you discipline a student, for what you do daily?? It's a simple question, dip$hit.

20-Feb-18
Best thing you can do atheist, is admit you don't have the ba!!s to answer my question. You can spin it anyway you like to try and keep from answering. Double standard, dumba$$ democrat, with no guts, what so ever. Normal. 8^)))

20-Feb-18
Atheist is trolling you guys and having a ball. Read his posts, take it for what it is, and move on.

21-Feb-18
I am waiting for Atheist to answer the question(s) I had for him. I guess he has no level headed, common sense answers so he justs ignores them. Typical liberal.

21-Feb-18
There’s a planned school walkout March 14 to protest the school shootings and undoubtedly whine for futile, doomed to failure leftist policies.

22-Feb-18
If people don't think it is different this time they are going to be surprised.

22-Feb-18
Leftists reading from the same old 'ban something scary' play book. The high Court knows what the 2nd amendment says, and Gorsuch sits in Scalia's seat. Hillary would be running dozers thru the NRA headquarters!

22-Feb-18
Hilliary would be powerless right now with Republican Congress because everyone on the right would be fighting. Since we have a "Republican" presentdent the people on that team are going to give in for "sensible gun laws"

22-Feb-18
"The tired old farts are dying out. This new generation will fix the mess you boomers made.

Again, the "new generation" are the people murdering their own in schools, you idiot. We old farts are old because we didn't have to deal with this evil behavior in our schools.

Matt

22-Feb-18
The war on drugs has been a resounding success. No reason why the war on guns shouldn't be. Ar's will be banned, no doubt, but until society changes, those that prey on others will continue to kill. When I was in college we had lab rats in a big cage. They kept breeding and we were going to separate them out into other cages after the weekend. Monday morning we went in and 249 rats were dead. One beat to crap rat was still alive. We are becoming rats in a cage. A super virus or war will take care of it eventually as greed, ego, pride, and power are human traits too powerful to overcome. There is virus that infects ponds when muskrats overpopulate. It kills everyone of them virtually overnight. That virus lasts for 7 years in that pond. There is a virus waiting for all of us, whether liberal or conservative. Sooner or later, it, not all our useless laws, will take care of these issues, and those left will start all over.

22-Feb-18
There’s a planned school walkout March 14 to protest the school shootings and undoubtedly whine for futile, doomed to failure leftist policies.

22-Feb-18
Scalia is the one that said the 2A has its limits. Conservative heads exploded and they rarely if ever mention it. But it’s true.

22-Feb-18
Parkland shooter always in trouble, never expelled. Could school system have done more?

At times, Nikolas Cruz’s behavior could be a school administrator’s nightmare: Teachers and other students said he kicked doors, cursed at teachers, fought with and threatened classmates and brought a backpack with bullets to school. He collected a string of discipline for profanity, disobedience, insubordination, and disruption.

In 2014, administrators transferred Cruz to an alternative school for children with emotional and behavioral disabilities — only to change course two years later and return him to a traditional neighborhood school, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Cruz was banished from Douglas a year later for other disciplinary violations — then toggled between three other alternative placements, school records obtained by the Miami Herald show.

If the frequent transfers — records show there were six in three years — did little to stanch Cruz’s disruptive behavior, they eventually became the only option left in the school district’s toolbox. Contrary to early reports, Cruz was never expelled from Broward schools. Legally, he couldn’t be.

Under federal law, Nikolas Cruz had a right to a “free and appropriate” education at a public school near him. His classmates had a right to an education free of fear.

22-Feb-18
Gun laws should not be decided by cretins like the village idiot who couldn’t pick out an AR-15 in a box of black dildos.

22-Feb-18
So many problems with the kid, police, system, and liberals want gun control instead....

23-Feb-18
No tin foil hat, gun control has never been about public safety.

23-Feb-18
This is why everything in schools are screwed up. Allowing kids to do what they want and no discipline. Taxpayers pay for their education and cause and effect need to be expierenced. Wait until they are in college and THEY pay for their education. Then you can not go to class all you want. Allowing KIDS to disobey and get away with it is anarchy. Again this is part of why these things happen. They obviously aren’t disciplined at home. It’s this I can do what I want.

23-Feb-18
"Gun laws should not be decided by cretins like the village idiot who couldn’t pick out an AR-15 in a box of black dildos."

Quote of the year here folks!

24-Feb-18
All these kids are doing is regurgitating the same indoctrination the left has been pushing for 40 years. No answers, no debate. Same old,same old. Gun control.

24-Feb-18
I think you mean gun ELIMINATION (or at least from everyone except the government). It's the same lie they've been espousing since Ted Kennedy pushed for it in the 60's and has been taught to our children by liars like Paul Zeiden/Dishonest Abe Froman at Briarcliff High School.

24-Feb-18
Any and every gun law is unconstitutional

• Sitka Gear