Treeline 19-Feb-18
Chuckster 19-Feb-18
tonyo6302 19-Feb-18
Treeline 19-Feb-18
tonyo6302 19-Feb-18
18-Feb-18

Chuckster's embedded Photo
My next door neighbor passed away 3 years ago and the Mrs. has finally gotten around to going through his stuff in the garage. She came across this tester. Have no idea what it is.

18-Feb-18

Sorry, I had 3 pics to upload but I guess only one made it.

18-Feb-18

18-Feb-18
Great link JTV, thanks...

18-Feb-18
That’s awesome...

19-Feb-18
Musicians still use Tube Amps. They like the sound better. I gave my son a Tube amp that my wife had in the 50's and he uses it in the studio, not on the road. You can still get tubes for it.

19-Feb-18
Chuckster,

. .. ..

.. .. ..

I would advise her to contact the Army and Navy with the nomenclature, part numbers, and serial numbers, to see if it was stolen, before she tries to sell it. I know that the Navy is very good about tracking old stuff. I don't know about the Army.

This way, is she if up front and honest, no harm to her.

19-Feb-18
Good advice.

19-Feb-18
Thanks tonyo6302. I will ask but I think it belonged to his father. I will get the numbers off of it and inquire.

19-Feb-18
When a wee E5 Lad of a Sergeant back in 1982, I was an instructor of Radar Maintenance at the Naval Air Maintenance Training Detachment - 1023 at MCAS El Toro, California. ( when I wasn't too busy receiving hand to hand training from Paul Z and LHCA :^)

.. ..

.. ..

.. ..

I worked in an old building, that had a wind tunnel for testing F4U Corsair Engines - think Pappy Boyington here. Anyway, we called this tunnel the 'Time Tunnel' because all the old equipment in it dated back to the 1940's. We didn't submit, and were not required to, any inventories of this old ancient stuff.

One day NCIS showed up and arrested an E6 Staff Sergeant for theft of Naval Property. It turns out that this SSgt had taken some of the old electronics equipment to a Pawn Shop in Los Angeles. The Pawn Shop had his Photo on file, and when the LAPD raided the Pawn Shop, they conferred with the Navy about this military looking stuff. The Navy was then able - even after 40 years of collecting dust - track this equipment down to the building I was working in.

A short courts martial later, the Navy got their old useless stuff back, and a thieving Marine went to the Brig.

No kidding, get the stuff checked out.

19-Feb-18
Heck, that equipment could have even been bought from that LA pawn shop!

Lots of old dusty equipment considered junk in warehouses and what not gets taken home. Some even out of dumpsters! Problem is that it can still be considered as "stolen", even if it was taken out of a dumpster!

Get it checked out first.

19-Feb-18
Agree, Treeline. ( edited post )

• Sitka Gear