Community
Contributors to this thread:
Woods Walker 19-Feb-18
Thumper 19-Feb-18
BIGHORN 19-Feb-18
DL 19-Feb-18
19-Feb-18

Woods Walker's Link
"Municipal ID cards that Mayor Rahm Emanuel is launching for undocumented immigrants and others will be a valid form of identification for people both registering to vote and voting in Chicago, according to a letter aldermen received Friday.......

But a handful of City Council members are vehemently opposed to the cards. Northwest Side Ald. Nick Sposato, 38th, said he was “beyond disappointed” Valencia opted to make the cards a valid ID for voting.

Sposato pointed out the city is not planning to keep any of the background information applicants provide to establish their home addresses, so undocumented immigrants aren’t afraid federal immigration agents can use the data to track them down.

“I’m not sure of the validity of this,” Sposato said. “They may not have citizenship. Voter fraud would be my biggest concern.”

Gee......ya think? And all the polling places have signage and ballots in friggin' SPANISH! They must really think were stupid!

If they do this ALL the votes that come from Chicago in a state or national election should automatically be disqualified.

19-Feb-18
"If they do this ALL the votes that come from Chicago in a state or national election should automatically be disqualified."......x2

I'm surprised the local blacks would let this happen.

19-Feb-18
I would bet that Judicial Watch will be taking them to court to stop it.

19-Feb-18
A friend of my wife has tried a number of times to remove her son from our local district because he no longer lives in the state. She has done this in writing with no success.

• Sitka Gear