Shuteye 22-Feb-18
LINK 22-Feb-18
jdee 22-Feb-18
HDE 22-Feb-18
HDE 22-Feb-18
SB 22-Feb-18
21-Feb-18

gflight's Link
"Needville ISD Superintendent Curtis Rhodes on Wednesday threatened to suspend any student who disrupts schools or walks out to protest current gun laws. In a letter sent to families and published on schools' social media sites, Rhodes said students would face a three-day, out-of-school suspension if they joined in growing protests nationwide over the shooting at a Florida high school last week."

21-Feb-18
Walk outs make for a target rich environment, like a fire drill. He may have made a very good call...

21-Feb-18
I agree as well.

21-Feb-18
My daughter told me of her local school's protest walk out. The kids were blocking the street and hassling customers in stores. Some shop lifting. The ANTIFA have not joined these "protests" yet, so minimal property damage.

Side note: She is the CEO of a trash recycling company and one of her trucks was at the school just prior to the shooting. For those that were unaware, most garbage trucks now have live streaming cameras (as many as 7 or 8) on them for obvious reasons. She spent several hours reviewing the videos from her company's vehicle in case the cameras caught something that the authorities would need. Nothing was found.

21-Feb-18
Kids are in school to learn. Protesting is not learning. They can feel free to protest on their own time when it is not wasting local taxpayer dollars.

21-Feb-18
..and tomorrow the liberal school board will probably fire him, sad as it may be.

21-Feb-18
I'd say leave the fight for the grown ups to handle. Unfortunately, the liberals have banned "grown up" thoughts from public exposure.

21-Feb-18
Children are to be taught not teach.

The Rock

21-Feb-18
Nothing wrong with expressing your viewpoint, but not in a civil unrest way. Also, if they want to discuss it, do so in the environment of a school sponsored debate assembly. Be educational for them...

21-Feb-18
Maybe every gun owner in the US should walk off the job if they impose unreasonable gun laws ?

21-Feb-18
The first amendment isn’t for your convenience. Sorry that a bunch of smart, articulate kids are upset at seeing their friends killed and want a change. If you s owflakes are offended by that, buck up and get over it.

These Parkland kids are getting a lesson in democracy today that you just don’t learn in the classroom, as they have become the targets, not just of a mad gunman, but a sleazy, right-wing, conspiracy-infused social media campaign. Some of them are right here too. Grown men attacking kids. Where is your shame?

21-Feb-18
We should encourage students to exercise their constitutional rights.

No limit on the first amendment at school!

How about the rest of the constitution?

Maybe we should encourage students to exercise all of their rights at school.

Even the 2nd amendment.

21-Feb-18
Thank you atheist, for yet, another dumba$$ reply. Like clock work. 8^)

21-Feb-18
Atheist - You. Are. So. Wrong.

1st Amendment does not mean you express yourself any way you choose.

21-Feb-18
HDE. Civil protest is what these kids are doing. It’s completely protected by the Constitution. Oh should be encouraging our young people to speak up. Would you rather have apathy? Of course you would. Because these kids are your worst nightmare. They will negotiate changes. Bet on it.

21-Feb-18
How much you wanna bet, dip$hit???

21-Feb-18
Your president is about to create changes based on these kids. How bout them apples?

21-Feb-18
The kids should have the freedom to speak tjeir minds but it's ashame they are being mislead by a bunch of leftist idiots.

21-Feb-18
I dont wanta be like most liberals and sensor free speech.

21-Feb-18
Civil disobedience also involves willfully paying the penalty derived from the disobedience, otherwise the kid's are just acting like a bunch of whinny punks.

21-Feb-18
Why is it so hard to put a city, state, or county police station, forest ranger, game and fish division, etc. in the same location as a public school? Or are we adraid of the police guns too?!

21-Feb-18
70LbDraw: That is a really interesting concept that might work. Start to combine locations for law enforcement with or very near schools. I question the practicality of teachers carrying or having access to guns (what type, where are they stored, who is paying for that, can we get city teachers to do it?). I also do not favor Isreali style military guards in public places (although maybe it will end up that way). But 70 your idea seems pretty darn good to me. I am still in favor of limiting multiple clips, AR's, repeating rifles along with that. As you know, I prefer bow only as it means bigger bulls and bucks and I'm the dreaded trophy hunter. But 70lb, I think that idea is a winner. Keep bringing that up for all that will listen. Of course, it includes a rebuild of infrastructure/buildings and that will take time and money.

21-Feb-18
No, civil unrest IS NOT protected.

Changes based only on what his branch of gov't can allow.

Geez, what an idiot.

21-Feb-18
What the kids should understand and should protest is the school policy of making them defenseless sheep in a school environment.

They just like anyone else have a God given right to defend themselves. They have been stripped of that right by school policy making it a "gun free zone." They also don't have staff, guards helping to exercise the student's basic right-defend yourself. Lock-outs, cameras, ID cards, sign in and sign out of visitors, etc. are good but not fool proof. Need to have the ability to react with equal or greater force then what is applied by the aggressor. A sign stops no one from causing harm, neither does another gun law or current laws against murder. As much as anyone doesn't like it guns are not being dis-invented, bad people will access the most creative assault weapons (guns, LPG bomb (like the one that didn't go off in Columbine), biological, radio nuclei, etc. Again all illegal acts, not stopped by a protest or law change.

22-Feb-18

Keith's Link
Old data, but you get the idea.

Comparing that to NCES’s enrollment statistics, about 0.000044% of public and private K-12 students were killed at school per year between 1992-93 and 2010-11. That’s about one out of every 2,273,000 students per year. By contrast, the odds of being hit by lightning in a given year is one out of 700,000 according to National Geographic.

22-Feb-18

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Here are the kids you won't see on the lame stream media. These are the second amendment believing kids that support Trump.

22-Feb-18
“These Parkland kids are getting a lesson in democracy today that you just don’t learn in the classroom, ”

Atheist we live under a representative republic not a democracy.

22-Feb-18
The FL shooter was one of them...... a kid. Hey, it’s a crazy country anymore and the crazy liberals have made it this way with their whacked out ways. Just like Ferguson and Baltimore these kids will eventually pick up on it, put their face mask on and be just like them. It’s the liberal way. Here in NM just today there were 2 threats from high school students ..... a note in one school and another kid with 3 pistols in his car at another. The liberal way of thinking has these kids so screwed up they don’t have a clue. Who ever pinned them the ....LOST GENERATION... sure got it right.

22-Feb-18
Which is why I made the comment on the School Shootings thread on the BG forum about messing with kids to think they are not intended to be with what plumbing they were born with.

They may not have done a shooting (yet), but the progressive liberal train is really screwing up these young adults lives as they try to navigate their way to adulthood.

Accountability needs to be re-taught...

22-Feb-18
I'd wager more than half of them don't even know what 'gun control' means...

22-Feb-18
I don't know of anyone carrying " multiple clips" since we were using Garands . If you don't know the correct terminology then you don't know squat about firearms.

• Sitka Gear