The Fake News Thread
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Annony Mouse 21-Feb-18
Annony Mouse 21-Feb-18
21-Feb-18
#VeryFakeNewsCNN: Chris Cuomo Again Spreads a False Twitter Story About Guns

(Note:internal links)

You'd think CNN propagandists would finally start to fact-check their own claims so they wouldn't be hit with this credibility-destroying stuff every single week.

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo retweeted a fake story about a student who claimed to be able to buy an AR-15 in "5 minutes," and then doubled down when he was called out.

Cuomo retweeted the article, "I Was Able To Buy An AR-15 In 5 Minutes," which shows a 20-year-old student holding an AR-15 and claiming to have purchased it without going through a background check.

However, the student admitted in the article that he never actually finished filing out the paperwork -- which would initiate the background check -- to buy the AR-15. Instead, he shopped around for a bit, took photos with some guns, and asked for the advice of the shop owners.

"After he walked me through the paperwork, all five pages of it, I told him I changed my mind and wanted to think more before I bought an AR-15," the student wrote. "He told me it wasn’t a problem and listed the store hours if I wanted to come back. I then said thank you and walked back to my car."

People started pointing out that the kid never actually bought the AR-15, but Cuomo doubled down, stating, "Isn't the point that the kid's age and lack of ID wasn"t a deterrent?"

A deterrent to what, Chrissy? Not buying a gun?

By the way, underage people are permitted to touch six-packs of beer in the fridge at 7-Eleven. They're just not allowed to buy them. See, the credentials check (in this case, just for age) happens at point of sale, not upon entry into the shop.

More: Charles Cooke accuses Cuomo, correctly, of "lying," and then lying about lying.

21-Feb-18

Annony Mouse's Link
MSNBC Hosts Says Rick Scott ‘Refusing to Speak’ With Students, Later Reports He’s at Shooting Victim’s Funeral

"...

MSNBC host Katy Tur said Wednesday that Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R.) was “refusing to speak” with students crowded outside his office calling for gun control, before reporting minutes later that Scott’s absence was due to his attending a Parkland shooting victim’s funeral.

In the aftermath of last week’s high school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead, students at the school and around Florida traveled to Tallahassee for a rally to call for action on gun reforms. MSNBC filmed a large group of students outside Scott’s office, chanting “Shame on you” and holding file boxes saying #HearTheBills and #Enough.

Tur reported a “blonde woman wearing glasses” had told the students Scott was “too busy to meet with them today.”..."

• Sitka Gear