BIG BEAR 22-Feb-18
gflight 22-Feb-18
Jaquomo 22-Feb-18
Annony Mouse 25-Feb-18
Annony Mouse 25-Feb-18
Grunt-N-Gobble 26-Feb-18
bad karma 26-Feb-18
21-Feb-18
Unfortunately. the recent tragedy perfectly teed up this pathetically staged event for CNN and its misguided agenda. It is s one sided.

21-Feb-18
There is so much disrespect going on during this CNN event... This is not the time for that.

21-Feb-18
My brother travels to Europe often. He said in the UK right now they have program that is called “save a life, turn in your knife”. Next it’ll be, avoid the slammer, turn in your hammer.

Next they’ll want your car.

21-Feb-18
It's hard to believe that these are the same Brits that stood up to Hitler.

22-Feb-18
I have always had a hard time listening to any Law Enforcement Officer lecture on gun control, considering they can carry almost all the time and almost anywhere.

.. ..

.. . . ..

When seconds count, the Police are just minutes away.

No offense meant to BigBear and TruBluColorado.

22-Feb-18
No offense taken...... Arm the good guys !!!!!

22-Feb-18
Picking up bits on Youtube. Dana is made of iron. God bless her. Very creepy hearing the crowd react. They were there for one narrative and one narrative only - disarm - raucously cajoling their own subjugation and further victimization. Makes me nauseous.

And to hear that sheriff worm his way out of why LE, social services and the FBI couldn't put together intervention after 39 alerts/ visits to the lad, well, I'm disgusted everyone let him gloss over that. That town hall reminds me why we are a republic and not a democracy.

22-Feb-18
Say what you want but it is different this time and the outcome won't be what the outcome has been in the past.

22-Feb-18
Agreed. It already seems a minimum purchase age of 21 is a foregone conclusion.

22-Feb-18
If the minimum age becomes 21 for the responsibility of gun ownership, we have to push for the same age to vote for leader of the free world. Aren't these the same age kids that are eating Tide Pods??

22-Feb-18
I agree Grant.... I think it's inevitable that the President is going to do something....... it might be a ban on ARs..... Though I don't agree that it will accomplish anything.....

22-Feb-18
Democrats already decided American youth cannot be responsible for their own health until what? 26 years old.

22-Feb-18
It seems pretty clear to me, they want all your guns and Dems feel the time is right. Hopefully all American gun owners will wake up and not vote for the Dems and send a clear message that you can't take our guns. Sorry, but that Father questioning Rubio about AW's was as ignorant as they come. What amazed me is like what was said above, this crowd would gleefully strip away our rights in a second.

22-Feb-18
If Hilliary was President most on here would be fighting tooth and nail to prevent laws that don't matter or make a difference. Since Trump is doing it many of you are just fine with it and it shows. After these laws pass further restricting the law abiding you can guarantee there will be more to follow. Thank you for not participating since your team is in charge.....

22-Feb-18
I personally don't believe raising the age to 21 yrs to be able to buy a gun is going to fix anything. It's to easy to buy firearms at Gun shows also from individual's that have guns for sale over the internet.

22-Feb-18
No one is saying the changes will fix anything.........that is a different issue.

From an optics, vs. impact, perspective, there will be some sacred cows slaughtered for appearances sake whereas in the past the cows lived.

22-Feb-18
Sleepy,

There is no gun show loophole. ALL laws apply as do background checks. Internet sales? Gun Broker or Gallery of Guns only ships to FFL licensed dealers.

22-Feb-18
They should still stand their ground at these venues, even if there are very few critical thinkers there....

"It already seems a minimum purchase age of 21 is a foregone conclusion."

Any law that requires an individual to be 21 or older to buy a firearm effectively deprives them of their constitutional right to self-protection tide pod eating or not. Nothing is foregone if we are calling and emailing our congresscritters...

22-Feb-18
"It's hard to believe that these are the same Brits that stood up to Hitler."

Well that's because they're not the same. They lost a million men in WW1 and half a million in WW2...that's an incredible amount in a gene pool as small as Britain's.

What's left is what you get when many of the real men get culled out of a population. In addition Britain has been far too liberal in their immigration policies, which in my mind amounts to cultural and racial suicide.

22-Feb-18
That Sheriff's common response was less guns no matter what Dana proposed... from the first time I watched him as soon as the shooting was being covered he had a cool about him I thought strange... there is a heavy feeling of rage and not mourning for the victims and a lot of the comments from the survivors and parents seem to blame the NRA and its supporters. I very much doubt I would want to discuss the death of a loved one so close to the event, a lot needs to be processed.

22-Feb-18
I was proud of how Dana handled herself. That the mob booed when she presented facts demonstrates the irrationality of their arguments. When the student tried to argue with her about the Framers' intent of the Second Amendment based upon what "Mrs. Hogbottom" taught in history class, we knew dogma would prevail over truth.

I respectfully disagree with 'bou that things will change much in a meaningful (for them) way. Perhaps a bump stock ban and some tweaks to the NICS. Maybe some state laws raising the "assault weapon" ownership age to 21. But after the snowflakes have their march, they'll lose interest and go back to their phones and parties and music and Instagram and won't even bother to vote because they'll be disillusioned that their temporary passion didn't accomplish anything.

22-Feb-18
Facts and statistics apparently don't matter to gun grabbers.

"For all those who believe that schools are under siege like never before, it is instructive to take a statistical road trip back in time.

Since 1990, there have been 22 shootings at elementary and secondary schools in which two or more people were killed, not counting those perpetrators who committed suicide.

Whereas five of these incidents have occurred over the past five-plus years since 2013, claiming the lives of 27 victims (17 at Parkland), the latter half of the 1990s witnessed seven multiple-fatality shootings with a total of 33 killed (13 at Columbine).

Notwithstanding the occasional multiple-fatality shooting that takes place at one of the 100,000 public schools across America, the nation’s schools are safe. Over the past quarter-century, on average about 10 students are slain in school shootings annually.

Compare the school fatality rate with the more than 100 school-age children accidentally killed each year riding theirbikes or walking to school."

I guess bikes are next....I've concluded the average IQ of gun-grabbers is less than their shoe size.

Matt

22-Feb-18
Rubio should be smarter than that. Going to an event planned by CNN of guns is just sticking your head in a noose, you won't stand a chance with facts.

22-Feb-18
The problem with the folks enraged over this last incident is that everyone wants "something" to be done, but no one can agree on what that is. "Something" is not an effective political platform.

Didn't help last night's mood that the FL legislature overwhelmingly rejected a semi-auto gun ban proposal earlier yesterday while a bunch of the Parkland snowflakes were in the balcony. Those who were interviewed afterward seemed to think laws would be passed simply because they were there and recognized, and were shocked and dismayed that it didn't happen.

22-Feb-18
^^^Unfortunately that's too much of the generation we're dealing with Lou. The "I showed up so give me something" generation.

The problem with town halls and listening sessions this close to the actual tragedy is that emotions are still too raw and powerful to process factual evidence objectively. I feel for these kids and their parents but we need to back away, let them grieve, then come to the table with some real solutions instead of rhetoric.

22-Feb-18
^^^ 'Like' button pressed.

22-Feb-18
All I can say is thank god for our founding fathers and for them to have put the second amendment into the bill of rights.

22-Feb-18
Raise the age to own a gun to 21??? So, does that mean that the age to enlist in the military will now be 21 as well?

22-Feb-18
If they made the driving age 21 it would save more than 10,000 lives a year. What about the old liberal bromide, "If it saves just one life..."?

22-Feb-18
18 year olds in the military are trained in the use and issued full auto weapons.

Yet, now proposed, when home; they would not be able to purchase a semi auto long gun/AR with money earned serving their country.

Aside: I hate and cringe when some proREGRESSIVE talking head/politician uses the term "assault weapon" when referring to semi auto weapons. Controlling the language is one of the biggest weapons they use. Ask any low information drone and they will parrot this meme.

22-Feb-18
Get a loan? Buy a car? Vote?

None of your kids have the personal responsibility my generation did. I think we should go with 26 looking at these millennials on CNN. /sarcasm

22-Feb-18
When I joined the Navy you could drink if you were enlisted.... They even had pop machines full of beer to buy in the barracks.......

Then they changed it so that you had to be old enough to drink in whatever state you were stationed in.....

My buddy jokes that he wasn't old enough to buy bullets for his pistol when he got hired in as a cop......

22-Feb-18
Me too BB, we had Reagan to thank for that one...

22-Feb-18
Why do so many of them have that whiny/screaming voice? Ugh.

22-Feb-18
Many seem to forget that when you turn 18, you automatically become an adult. If you start taking rights away from adults, you may have to first change the age of becoming an adult first. If you maintain that they are minors until 21, then the laws would be easier to change. I, for one, would hate to see that, all that would accomplish, would be to push responsibility back another 3 years for those young adults.

22-Feb-18
Here in Michigan you can be charged as an adult at the age of 17..... for crimes......

But you can't drink until you're 21......

22-Feb-18

gflight's Link
Not that we didn't already know and had been mentioned here.....

"A student survivor of last week's mass shooting at a Parkland, Fla., high school said he was asked by CNN to "write a speech and ask questions" for a town hall but declined to attend the event after "it ended up being all scripted," a claim the network is pushing back on."

22-Feb-18
I saw the interview with that young man tonight. They tried to get him to read a canned question after asking him to write a short speech, which ended up not fitting the anti-Second Amendment theme. He said most of the questions were scripted by CNN producers and handed to the students on the slips of paper they were reading from. Bright young fellow.

25-Feb-18
Breaking News: California to sell parts of state land to Oregon, Nevada, Arizona and Mexico as an alternative to banning state maps.

25-Feb-18

26-Feb-18
I think im gonna copy those Annony and post them to FB.

Sometimes, i like to push the buttons of my liberal friends!

26-Feb-18
I'm going to see Death Wish next weekend, and I will be armed at the theatre. That alone should piss off plenty of liberals.

• Sitka Gear