HDE 26-Feb-18
BIGHORN 26-Feb-18
KSflatlander 26-Feb-18
Bownarrow 26-Feb-18
Kodiak 26-Feb-18
Woods Walker 26-Feb-18
25-Feb-18

Jimbo's Link
"Conservatives retweeted Russian trolls about 31 times more often than liberals and produced 36x more tweets."

"Although an ideologically broad swath of Twitter users was exposed to Russian Trolls in the period leading up to the 2016 U.S. Presidential election, it was mainly conservatives who helped amplify their message."

Is anyone who frequents the CF surprised by this?

https://arxiv.org/abs/1802.04291

25-Feb-18

Kodiak  's embedded Photo

25-Feb-18

25-Feb-18

25-Feb-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo

25-Feb-18

25-Feb-18
Yal don't pick on Hillary, she would make a great leader in a Marxist country..lol

25-Feb-18

What were not surprised about is the obvious fact that the left STILL has it's panties in a knot and is in full blown TDS...........and theirs still a MINIMUM of THREE YEARS left!

25-Feb-18
Was the information which was retweeted accurate, or not?

25-Feb-18
JTV,

Please explain the criteria for the bottom chart.

25-Feb-18
Jeff,

Please elaborate. The 'legend' on the bottom right is not legible due to size. Have you got a link which shows it more clearly?

25-Feb-18
Jimbo,

Another 'cut and run' from you, it seems.

Who knew?

25-Feb-18
Kyle, do you honestly think debate holds any meaning in here? Especially when something is posted that isn't in lockstep with the CF regulars. This thread is a classic example. I posted a link to research on Russian interference in our election... specifically how we (American conservatives and liberals) were complicit in distributing tweets by Russian trolls. And, look at the response here. Seriously, Kyle... scroll up and look at what has been posted. And, you accuse me of a "cut and run" thread. Why should I engage CFers who make such immature posts?

25-Feb-18
Jimbo,

I asked you an honest and totally reasonable question re. whether or not the tweets were based on accurate information.

You did not reply, then, nor now.

So Yes, you've cut-n-run.

25-Feb-18
It's just another "drive by" thread. They post some, "Someone Said" or "Reports Are" or some other speculative BS like it's the truth. Just because something comes from a University doesn't mean it's anything more than biased "facts" from educators with an agenda like the lying Paulabe Froden or whatever he's calling himselves today. Combine that with bong logic and you've got a real pile of crap.

25-Feb-18
PotHead,

Your last post had ZERO to do with my question to Jimbo.

So take another toke and go away!

25-Feb-18
Kyle, did you look at the paper (link)?

- fake news

- misinformation produced by trolls to manipulate public opinion during the election

- deceptive, false and misleading information

So, no, the tweets were not based on accurate information.

25-Feb-18
Jimbo,,

ONCE AGAIN.

Were the tweets from the Russians inaccurate or not?????????

25-Feb-18
Knowing what I do about NM and the Rio Grande corridor, areas that vote dem and lean progressive/liberal have higher crime, i.e., higher murder rates.

The Duke City, per capita, has the highest crime rate in rival to Chicago and/or Detroit.

25-Feb-18
Kyle,

No. The Russian tweets were not accurate.

25-Feb-18
Kyle, did you look at the paper (link)? - fake news

- misinformation produced by trolls to manipulate public opinion during the election

- deceptive, false and misleading information

So, no, the tweets were not based on accurate information.

How would this compare to say....a democratic candidate receiving questions ahead of a debate? Just curious

26-Feb-18
It seems as though Jimbo was just trying to give you all a heads up about what the Russians did...maybe so it doesn't happen again...kind of like lessoned learned type of thing. I'm astounded that another country put out false information against one candidate and for another during our election and many of you simply dismiss it. Nvagvup- I believe Jimbo asked you a question on the first post. So, are you surprised by this? It surprises me that another country thinks its ok to try to directly or indirectly influence our election through social media and Americans made it worse with reposts and retweets of false info. Does anyone check sources anymore?

26-Feb-18
Didn't the Russians alsp sponsor an anti-Trump rally, that the liberal media covered with enthusiasm, which amplified it's audience and delivery?

26-Feb-18
" It surprises me that another country thinks its ok to try to directly or indirectly influence our election....."

You mean like Obama did with the Israeli elections? No one said a word about that. Gee....I wonder why?

26-Feb-18
Jimbo's post was specifically about conservatives posting on things they saw on Twitter. It was not specifically about the Russians interfering in the election.

What's more, just how much can you interfere in a national election using Twitter?

26-Feb-18
Funny how freedom of speech to Americans is an indictable offence when a non-citizen does it. Does that mean non-citizens in our Country have no rights protected by our Constitution?

26-Feb-18
^^^ very few.

26-Feb-18
We here seem to forget about the broadcasts that "Radio Free Europe" use to send out trying to influence elections. We financed those broadcasts heavily.

26-Feb-18
Officials making public statements about who they want to win in foreign elections is not the same as the intelligence agency secretly hacking into candidate/party computers or pushing false propaganda. I'm not naïve enough to think this the US has done things they in the past concerning influencing elections or regime change...which we shouldn't. I think the point Jimbo was making is don't just pass information on that you receive on social media or the internet. Don't blankly accept everything as truth. Maybe it should be checked out before we pass it on...republican or democrat...left or right. I agree with that.

26-Feb-18
Jimbo: Correction. Reality TV Republicans (RTR-copyright rickybobby) retweeted. Conservatives consider the source and realize most people are doing their best to get buy and live the american dream, and we support that, not the divisive hate that comes from the trolls (and the RTR's). And no, spending time on the CF I am not surprised by it; these same RTR spend 24 hours a day on this site saying the same thing until they actually believe it.

26-Feb-18

Dingbat dingbat dingbat!

26-Feb-18

• Sitka Gear