Grubby 27-Feb-18
Franklin 27-Feb-18
bad karma 27-Feb-18
Glunt@work 27-Feb-18
TGbow 27-Feb-18
gflight 28-Feb-18
iceman 28-Feb-18
26-Feb-18
Well, looks like another Hunter turning on the 2nd amendment. Yep, chipper is out saying that assault weapons should be banned and only allowed for people whose lives depend on it. I can't stand it when these idiots come out and say they don't want to ban hunting guns, what morons. Chipper who has his little bowhunting show and acts like a fool just proofed it again with these comments. Why is it that people can't understand why the 2nd amendment is in the bill of rights?

26-Feb-18
Here is his quote, I believe in our Constitutional right to bear arms and protect ourselves,” Jones said. “But I do not believe there is any need for civilians to own assault rifles. I just don’t. “I would like to see something (new legislation) happen. I liken it to drugs – you’re not going to get rid of all the guns. But AR-15s and AK-47s and all this kind of stuff – they belong in the hands of soldiers. Those belong in the hands of people who know how to operate them, and whose lives depend on them operating them. Not with civilians. I have no problem with hunting rifles and shotguns and pistols and what-not. But I’m totally against civilians having those kinds of automatic and semi-automatic weapons.”

Guys like this we don't need in our community, sorry.

26-Feb-18
Most anyone that has ever met Chipper will tell you he’s a jack wagon. I’ve had hunters stay next door to him in Kansas season and they always complain how he is an arrogant pos, that wants to brag about his Lear jet. My hunters will just tell him about their Lear jet like it’s no big deal and move on. He hunts primo land that produces 180 plus bucks every year yet he manages to kill 120” 8 pts all the time. I’ve heard his guides refer to them as Chipper bucks, lol. Major League pos.

26-Feb-18
Can't this garbage migrate back to the community forum? I come here to follow bowhunting. I could give a crap what a retired baseball player, or LB shooter for that matter, has to think about Constitutional Law.

26-Feb-18
Bobby Cox should bench him!

26-Feb-18
Hey elkyinzer, You don't have to click on it or follow it. Easy, just don't look.

26-Feb-18
Elk Yinzer,

It's in the general forum. And if you think it doesn't concern you, it does. The majority of those that wish to disarm you, are also the same ones that would like to see hunting ended.

26-Feb-18
Hunters need as many people in the community as possible to keep our passion going. If anyone with a different opinion on a subject has to get out of the "club" so to speak... that's going to be tough on "our" numbers in coming years for sure.

I dont know the guy from a hole in the head. He may be a total jackwagon. He may be awesome. But if he's in support of hunting, cool.

26-Feb-18
I don't care what chipper thinks. Common sense tells me criminals don't abide by the law so what difference will a ban make? Lot of things in this world we don't really need but that's not the point.

26-Feb-18
Don't forget, there is a 1st amendment too.

26-Feb-18
jethro, true. I don't want to silence Chipper, he has the right to speak his mind even if it is an ignorant comment.

26-Feb-18
I know there is a 1st amendment, don't believe I said anything about him opening up his mouth?

26-Feb-18
We have an obligation to correct the people who have decided on their own what the 2nd Amendment really means, what arms are Constitutionally protected, and what American citizens really 'need'. All nonsense.

If the Founding Fathers meant for us to have battle rifles, then so be it. And the Supreme Court is only voice that matters when evaluating the true context of that wording. These athletes should just chase their balls around, and leave the intellectual thought to others better equipped.

26-Feb-18
Never heard of anyone named Chipper Jones, just another bitter clinger I guess.

26-Feb-18
Another gun grabbing POS....

26-Feb-18
He (and many, many other people) have poor idea of what rights the 2A is referring to. The point of limiting government from infringing on our right to keep and bear arms isn't so we can have a squirrel rifle. Its protecting arms we may need to defend against attack from an invading force or to ensure a free state.

"...in the hands of soldiers." Exactly. The idea is that every citizen has the right to be a soldier if necessary. A rifle a soldier would carry isn't just part of the arms the founders were referring to, its actually the most important type of arms they were referring to.

26-Feb-18
A few things have changed in the world in the 240 years since 1776.

26-Feb-18
A lot of them for the worse I might say. When it comes to the second amendment much hasn’t changed since 1776.

26-Feb-18
Things may have changed but the principal is still tje same.

26-Feb-18
This time is different.... I think it's the final straw and I expect something radical to happen like banning ARs.... although I don't agree with doing that.

Even hunters and gun owners are jumping on the bandwagon..... If you don't think the scales are tipping towards major changes you are not looking at what is happening nationwide....

26-Feb-18
So why don’t they try to do a sample study area in banning firearms in cities. Let’s start with Chicago and see how that works..

26-Feb-18
BB, I agree. What is sad about tje whole thing is it reminds me of what happened in Nazi Germany.

Many segments of people did nothing because they thought it didn't effect them...until it was too late and they were in a concentration camp. I hope we don't go to that extreme but the principal is the same.

If we look back 100 yrs ago we can see the progression toward a progressive movement.

Today, we think it's the norm because whatever the Federal or State Gov says has to be ok..right?

I think we've lost all common sense as a nation...as a whole.

Common sense tells me that if a person commits a violent crime with a gun, naturally they give up their nd Amendment rights. But, should I give up my rights because of what some people do or may do?

As you pointed out even hunters are falling for this.

26-Feb-18
No way they ban ARs, even the left won't push for that this time, they lost too big on that issue before. When they were banned for 10 years there was "no discernible effect on crime" according to the Justice Dept.

I think we see a 21 vs 18 to buy ARs change and add more categories of prohibited persons to NICS. (I don't agree with this btw, just my prediction). I figure that the left will push for 21 for all firearms but that will deny adults of 18, 19, and 20 years old their individual constitutional right to self-defense. I hope like hell that Deal Maker Trump can get National Reciprocity and an end to all Gun Free Zones in a deal. The left will crow that they "did something" and while we will know it won't stop the next idiot, we will at least get something in return.

Trump seems to feel as if he can push the NRA (and gun owners in general) around on this. But I think he knows that if he pushes too far he'll lose a big part of his base, and while they may not vote for the Democrats, turnout will suffer in the midterms, and if we lose the house, they'll for sure Impeach him on some BS charge, and he'll spend the second half of his first term fighting the crap instead of getting stuff done.

26-Feb-18

Panhandle Bob's Link

26-Feb-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Don'tcha' just love it when people who don't know what the **** their talking about act like they do? Maybe this will help.

26-Feb-18
To the folks who are talking about 1776 and the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights was not part of the Declaration of Independence, which was written in 1776. It was not even part of the Constitution, which was created in 1787 and ratified in 1788. The Bill of Rights was created in 1789 and ratified in 1791.

This is a very important issue and as such it is important to look well informed, rather than simply saying "1776" again and again.

26-Feb-18
I believe this last incident is going to make for some kind of change.. As I hear some right wing gun guys saying that something has to be done to stop whats happening.

Time we will tell on this one. One point that was made to me and I guess is true to a point is in the 1930's full auto guns got banned.. How many full auto gun are used in crimes now a days?? Yes,, some are but,, not that many. I'm up in the air on all this right not. But something need to be done. One thing for sure to me is nuts can not be left to be able to get guns. But how do we go about it ??

26-Feb-18
We already have laws and procedures in place that are supposed to prevent people who should not have guns from having them......IF......

1. The attempt to acquire one legally.

2. The people who's very job it is to enforce and oversee these existing rules and regulations and who we pay with our tax money ACTUALLY DO THEIR JOBS!

Recent history has shown us that this is not always the case, so that leaves us with seeing to it that our children are protected by the same tools as our money, judges and other elected officials are.........ARMED security.

If my daughter were in school now, if the school DIDN'T have armed security I'd school her at home where she most definitely would.

26-Feb-18
Jones is buffoon. He has the nerve to have an opinion and actually share it. What more proof is needed hat he is a idiot than that

27-Feb-18
I (like Chipper) personally do not see why anyone needs an A/R. Whether or not they have the right to have one is a different matter.

27-Feb-18
That is the beautiful thing about our Bill of Rights. You can exercise your rights as you personally see fit, or not at all. No one who dislikes AR's is being forced to own one.

The arrogance here is again by the liberal left, who both don't want an AR and also want to force their personal choice upon the rest of us. As if they know best. It's for our own good. Think of the children. Blah!! As if that is how the Bill of Rights works!

27-Feb-18
loprofile, I certainly would never force you to buy/own an AR, AK etc... It's your right to choose what to own and what not to. However, the reason the 2nd amendment exists and the only reason why it exsists, is to give the "people" the ability to defend against a tyrannical government, period! It's not for duck hunting or deer hunting or target shooting.

Liberals think the 2nd amendment is for hunting lol or at least they want everyone to believe that's the reason. Amazing how liberals are so concerned for the welfare of children when it comes to guns, but no concern when it comes to infants, who are aborted each and every year. Liberals are the cancer of the United States and we need to defeat them politically whenever possible, and god forbid they get back in power, it will be a sad day for our country.

27-Feb-18
Well said LBshooter.

27-Feb-18
Well I’ll respectfully disagree LBshooter. I’ll base it on what Thomas Jefferson wrote about the 2nd amendment.

I believe in that day it was assumed people hunted to eat. Without a gun people would starve to death.

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.” “The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” “The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”

27-Feb-18
Here’s another quote.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

27-Feb-18
DL,

Did you mean to disagree with loprofile?

Here is my fix:

• If you make a threat on Facebook, consider it yelling bomb in an airport. You go to jail right immediately.

• If you are mentally ill and everyone around you knows it, take them away in a straight jacket like we used to do in the past.

• Lets start with rebuilding the nuclear family. Lets actually shoot for a father in the home instead of a welfare check.

• Lastly, and for the most disparaging comment that one could possibly post, how about we put God back into the forefront of our country? With no moral compass many have completely lost sight as to the difference between right and wrong. This whole country should be dropping down on our knees at this time and praying for the hell we have willed upon ourselves. Our country is currently in the process of complete separation from God or hell on Earth.

27-Feb-18
Bowfreak I agree with your post. Some years back I agreed that an AR was a useless gun. Then I found out that once I built a lower all it took was pushing 2 pins out and I could change from shooting a .223 to a .204 or several other calibers. I could go to a range and shoot the .223 to get used to handling it for accuracy at a cheap price. Then if I wanted to shoot a different caliber I was used to the handling of an AR. The people that think they aren’t a useful or practical firearm fall into several categories 1. Anti-Hunters/Anti-Gun 2. Don’t own guns 3. Own guns but never shot or owned one. I belonged to the last group. I’ve only had one firearm I have not liked out of over 30 I’ve owned. It was a model 70 DLX in 7mag. It was heavy and kicked like crazy which I do not like. Im a believer in hunting with a rifle that I can shoot accurately no matter the caliber is more important than shooting a large caliber gun I don’t like and can’t shoot as well with. ARs are just plain fun to shoot. There’s also a sense of satisfaction in building your own gun from parts. Same as making your own bow would be. ARs make a great coyote gun especially in wide open country and multiple targets. Learning to be able to shoot at a running target is great with an AR. Light recoil and no action to deal with. No here in California they seem to put s new restriction on the AR every month. They constantly have to have a new modification done. I get suspicious that as soon as a new law comes out on them the modification is for sale. I think my next rifle will be a Ruger Mini 14. Basically the same capabilities but it doesn’t have a pistol grip and isn’t black, therefore it’s not a threat.

27-Feb-18
If they change the age to purchase a rifle or any gun from 18 to 21 then, they should not be expecting our young men and women to be drafted or enlist in the military until they are 21. After all, they then can't be trusted to use a firearm until they are "old enough".

27-Feb-18
Bighorn..too much truth and reason in your statement for some to grasp.

27-Feb-18
Many have heard about the controversial comments made in an interview recently by Chipper Jones of Major League Bowhunter. we have had a longstanding working relationship, and we respect Chippers use of the 1st amendment and voicing his opinions. However after much consideration, we at Heater Body Suit, strongly believe in and support the 2nd amendment and have come to an irreconcilable impasse. It is with that in mind that we are no longer in a partnership agreement with Major League Bowhunter. We wish them well in all endeavors. Thank you.

27-Feb-18
After seeing how Pres. Ovomit weaponized our government agencies to go after American citizens....we need our 2 A rights MORE than ever.

27-Feb-18
The moment our discussion hinges on what people need, it's an admission that some folks don't want to have a free country.

27-Feb-18
Chipper put a cherry on top by calling a fan of his show "lazy" for hunting hogs with an AR when the fan voiced his disagreement with Chipper's AR stance.

27-Feb-18
Mr Chipper needsvto realize that the next type of weapon they want to ban may be one that he approves of.

28-Feb-18
I don't blame him, some people are just ignorant and need to be enlightened. Why comment on something that you obviously are not educated on? Really makes you look like a Dumb Dumb. I think he should definitely stick to baseball. I think he would be upset if people were calling for a ban on those "wheelie bows". Making comments like, hunters should only use traditional bows and shouldn't be allowed mechanical assistance....

28-Feb-18

iceman's embedded Photo
iceman's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear