PECO 27-Feb-18
elkmtngear 27-Feb-18
stykzz 27-Feb-18
WV Mountaineer 27-Feb-18
Annony Mouse 27-Feb-18
26-Feb-18

gflight's embedded Photo
gflight's embedded Photo
I like Sanctuary States, keeps the riff raff away from me.....

26-Feb-18
I like how the Oakland mayor threatened the use of ICE. They don't want the federal government involved with the happenings of their state, until they need the federal government to take out the trash.

26-Feb-18
Mayor of Oakland should be drug from her office, in cuffs, for aiding and abetting criminals.

26-Feb-18
As I read it, Oakland's mayor was giving the illegals an advance warning to lay low and hide out because ICE was about to come after them.

26-Feb-18
What a smart bunch of politicians they have on the left coast.

26-Feb-18
I saw some pictures on a recent new show. Homeless maybe, but some were living in pretty high end tents, matching lawn chair under canopies, and had nice mtn bikes parked near their tents.

While Im sure their are some down trodden there, a good number are just bums who don't want to work.

26-Feb-18
maybe one of the illegals will kill someone in the mayors family and she can stand up and say how proud she was to stand up for them.

26-Feb-18
I live in the state where Diane Feinstein can’t get the parties nomination for the up coming election because she’s considered to conservative. WHAT???? I’ve got 7 more years for this nonsense , and then I’m moving to America.

26-Feb-18
stykzz Michael Savage may be jumping in the senate race

26-Feb-18
I saw where D Feinstein wasn’t getting the dems nomination and thought ....great California must of had their fill of crazy, anti American, pro illegal, weak liberals then I read where it’s because she isn’t considered liberal enough.....wtf. Should have known it was something other than normalcy..Only in California !!!

26-Feb-18
Ya know those "shit hole" countries, start at California and see where we're headed. Super rich and super poor. That's the only thing the left is good at - stratifying.

27-Feb-18
San Francisco is giving tents to homeless people, hence the nice tents. My friend lives there and although she is a bleeding heart lib, she said the tents set up all over the place are annoying. Michael Savage does not stand a chance in Cali, he would be wasting time and money running for anything there.

27-Feb-18
There was no Republican option for U.S. Senator on the 2016 Federal ballot. Liberals have dominated the State so badly, that any common sense Conservative knows running is an effort in futility.

27-Feb-18
I live in the Central Valley and for all intents and purposes, it is fairly conservative. Intense agriculture. Trouble is we are out numbered by the folks in Sacramento (lovingly referred to as Peyongyang West or Excramento) and the crazies on the coast. I live in the district served by Devin Nunes. In fact he graduated from the high school district where I teach. A lot of us just shake our heads. All I'm saying is that not all of us Californians are nuts.

27-Feb-18
AZOneCam for the win.

27-Feb-18
California Officials Arrested for Illegal Hazardous Waste Dumping and Corruption

California’s politicians claim they want to stop pollution, but it appears the bureaucrats who actually implement the regulations our representatives promulgate have different priorities.

California’s attorney general has charged five former and current employees of Panoche Water District in central California with felonies fraud, abuse . . . and hazardous waste violations.

The Department of Toxic Substances Control at California’s Environmental Protection Agency says it found 86 drums, each holding between 35 and 55 gallons of “chlorine, caustic soda, iron chloride and a mixture of used antifreeze, used solvents, and used oil.”

California Attorney General Xavier Becerra accused former Panoche Water District General Manager Dennis Falaschi and former employees Jack Hurley and Dubby West of disposing of the chemicals at an unauthorized site, specifically burying them “in a pit or in the soil at the Panoche Water District yard” near Firebaugh, Calif.

West and another former employee, Julie Cascia, were also charged with transporting hazardous waste including a drum from the Panoche Water District Auto Shop to an unpermitted site.

I have to commend Becerra for finally focusing on a state-based case where there is a potential for real crime instead of on attacking President Trump on fallacious charges.

The probe into the illegal hazardous waste dumping began a year ago when state investigators discovered 86 drums of hazardous waste illegally buried in a rural Central Valley water district yard.

Their probe quickly widened to include allegations of misconduct that were revealed in a state audit. Soon, authorities said, they discovered that officials running the Panoche Water District misused more than $100,000 in public funds on various personal items and expenses, including slot machines, concert tickets, home improvements and Porsche upgrades.

Now, five current and former water district officials — including former General Manager Dennis Falaschi — are facing felony charges in the corruption probe, according to the California attorney general’s office.

Four of them have been arrested, and one is expected to surrender Friday, said the state Department of Toxic Substances Control. It is unclear whether any of the accused have retained attorneys.

The charges also include siphoning off the labor of state employees, as well as diverting pistachio trees own by the water district.

The criminal complaint states that Dennis Falaschi and Cascia approved using the water district’s funds for dubious loans, items for personal use such as kitchen appliances and personal car repairs. They also reportedly paid the water district’s employees for performing landscaping services on private properties on district time.

Dennis Falaschi also signed off on transporting 1,500 pistachio trees owned by the water district to private property owned by Atomic Falaschi, his son, according to the complaint.

I would like to think that California’s politicians have learned to focus their attention on state issues instead of Washington D.C., but I doubt it.

So, I will console myself with the knowledge that at least, for now, the Golden State has five fewer fraudsters on the government payroll funded by our tax dollars.

• Sitka Gear