Shuteye 26-Feb-18
TD 26-Feb-18
slade 27-Feb-18
BIG BEAR 27-Feb-18
GotBowAz 27-Feb-18
BowSniper 27-Feb-18
Sixby 27-Feb-18
26-Feb-18
She makes it sound like he was told to stand down.

26-Feb-18
It doesn't sound good for them!

26-Feb-18
As always, as the true facts trickle out about this tragedy , it makes fools and idiots out of the rush to judgement agenda driven blame the NRA crowd.

Again The NRA will be strengthened, gun sales will spike.

26-Feb-18
She said it was their job to go in.... She said she herself would have gone in without a weapon...... The Sheriff himself said In an active shooter situation.... We go in... we don't wait for SWAT...........

Any order not to go into that school would have been the equivalent of someone ordering a Police Officer not to perform CPR on a child that was just pulled out of the bottom of a pool. A ridiculous and illegal order to be ignored. I highly doubt anyone gave such a stupid order.

26-Feb-18
Hearing deputy Peterson's account would be very interesting. Did he quit in shame hoping to fade away and will be dealing with the guilt every night as he tries to sleep, or did he obey a ridiculous stand down order and made an agreement to be silent in return for being able to exit silently with his retirement package?

26-Feb-18
If he didn't do anything wrong then why immediately resign as a coward ?? If he felt he did nothing wrong then why not immediately tell the world. President Trump said the way he performed is a disgrace. I agree with him.

26-Feb-18
All she said is that he didn’t do his job. Big Bear is spot on.

26-Feb-18
I'm sure Big Bear knows this, but procedures changed many years ago that in an active shooter situation, you no longer wait for backup. Our class was told this by a police/SWAT firearms instructor during a pistol class. He said that history has shown that 99% of the time, the shooter will either drop his weapon or commit suicide when confronted by a good guy with a gun.

Under those procedures, it was bad enough when he didn't enter by himself, but now that there was possibly 4 that did not enter, well just seems inexcusable to me......

Who knows if there was a stand down order.... I do know that Sheriff's department union president was on TV the other night. First, he said he absolutely DID NOT agree with his boss regarding gun control. Second, he said the blame for this incident lays completely at the feet of the school board. Said because too many blacks and latinos were being arrested compared to whites, police were no longer allowed to make arrests or do their job on school property. It was very obvious that he DID NOT like the school board and their policies at all!!! Still would have been inexcusable to stand down, but it might help to explain their mind set.......

26-Feb-18
Yes. Active shooter training began after Columbine. It is the same Nationwide. You enter a building immediately and go to the threat. Ideally there are more than one Officer to do this. But if you are alone you DO NOT WAIT FOR BACKUP. PERIOD.

26-Feb-18
When exactly, did The Witch From Hell become a 'leader?'

26-Feb-18
"Said because too many blacks and latinos were being arrested compared to whites, police were no longer allowed to make arrests or do their job on school property."

Here's a novel idea for the school board:

Maybe if blacks and Latinos didn't commit a disproportionate percentage of crimes, they wouldn't get arrested so much.

Of course, that would never fly, because then the liberal idiots on these school boards would have to deal with reality, and dealing with reality is not something liberals are capable of doing.

26-Feb-18
I'm thinking Peterson quit because he knew he should have gone in (obvious) but there still may have been more going on with command. I can't imagine the 3 or 4 officers all not going in without some reason that hasn't been disclosed yet.

26-Feb-18
He even went as far to say, if they did a drug sweep of the school, if any drugs were found, the school dealt with the person. The police were not allowed to arrest them.....

Its sad, but I know similar stuff goes on around here. We are creatures of habit. I grew up between our local grade school and high school. You see the same cars parked in the same places day after day. You can tell when a drug sweep is going to happen. You will see the cars of fairly obvious druggies parked a block or two away from the school that day. I heard my dad say "bet they brought the dog in today...." Sure enough, it will come out in the paper that a drug sweep was done and LOW AND BEHOLD PRAISE JESUS NO DRUGS WERE FOUND........... Yeah.... druggie cars were parked a few blocks away...... If most people truly knew what goes on in our schools today....... Sad....

26-Feb-18
The only thing he said in that video is he has programs to filter non violent offenders into instead of jail. That's nothing new.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what the response should be to an active shooter who is shooting up a school full of kids.

26-Feb-18
I just saw on the news that Peterson has retained an attorney and his lawyer released a statement saying that he didn't do anything wrong and he will be exonerated......

If a Police Officer believes that he did the RIGHT THING in that incident....... Then why would he resign immediately and retain his own attorney ???? He was a member of a union. Police unions provide legal representation in duty related incidents......... So why in the world would you forgoe that union provided attorney and resign and then pay to hire your own attorney ??? Why ?? Because he should have immediately entered that school... that's why......

I would rather die in the line of duty doing the right thing than to fail to act and enter that school and confront the shooter.... and have the President of the United States saying I was a disgrace.

26-Feb-18
"I would rather die in the line of duty doing the right thing than to fail to act and enter that school and confront the shooter...."

That would be my gut instinct also, and I would prefer death that way if it came to it rather than having to live the rest of my miserable life knowing that there are 17 human beings, many of whom were young people who had their whole lives ahead of them with their lives snuffed out because I didn't what I should have. It was my JOB. I CHOSE it. They put their trust IN ME to protect a defend them and I didn't do it. I may as well be dead.

26-Feb-18
Do you think President Trump knows everything Bondi does Kevin ?? Of course he does. And he is calling Peterson a disgrace....

Bondi herself says in that clip that it was his job to enter that building and protect those kids. She called him out by saying she herself would have gone in without a weapon.....

26-Feb-18
I've had that same thought Kev. In fact, I can also relate to the first officer hesitating at first but when the other's arrived he "found the courage", and it'd be hard to fault him for that.

Something stinks here.....bad.

26-Feb-18
Scott Peterson is not speaking. The attorney he hired after he resigned released a statement.... big difference...

If he acted appropriately.... Then there would have been no reason to immediately resign and hire his own attorney that he has to pay for...... His union would have provided a free attorney ......

26-Feb-18
My gut feeling is he's back pedaling now. His attorney says he handed the school keys to the SWAT team when they got there..... And told them the layout of the school..... But he thought the shooting was coming from outside...?? BS.

26-Feb-18
Kevin.... You should know by now that I am normally the guy on the CF who defends Law Enforcement Officers. I can't stand by and defend this Officer..... After his own Sheriff said he was on scene but failed to enter the school. After the President of The United States called him a disgrace. (A pro-Police President).......

After he resigned immediately..... And hired his own attorney........

He has brought disgrace to the men and women who proudly serve every day and would have done the right thing and charged towards the location of that shooter......

26-Feb-18
I couldn't say.... Are you sure it's the Sheriffs Department or could it be private security ??

26-Feb-18
If the school administration and sheriff do not lose their jobs over this, something is wrong. If the school board does not resign, they should all (unless some publicly opposed ignoring crime in schools) be thrown from office at the next election.

26-Feb-18
Big Bear, You are an honorable man. God bless, Steve

26-Feb-18
Jeff.... As I'm sure you can imagine any critical incident will have somewhat of an organized cluster F ...... But a basic number one rule for the response for an active shooter is immediately enter the building and go find the threat..... and do your best to eliminate that threat. If you have medical personnel..... take some with you......

Our active shooter training is incorporating medical personnel now.....

26-Feb-18
Just read that the Shiawassee county sheriff has begun holding active shooter classes for local LEOs. Will expand to other first responders (EMTs, firemen, etc.) in the next few weeks. Would love to see them bring teachers into this program, and perhaps concerned/interested citizens.

26-Feb-18
We train with other agencies within our County. Many Sheriffs deputies spend their entire careers inside the jail. Any Deputy who is on the road should be getting active shooter training.

26-Feb-18
Fair enough. I trust President Trump enough to rely on his statements to this point. And the Florida Attorney General and the Sheriff himself are all saying the same thing. Peterson was on scene and never went in. I will hold comments on the other 3..... but if they did the same then more resignations will be forthcoming....

Thank you Sixby.

26-Feb-18
I have to admit I was thinking the first officer was a coward initially. I didn't post that out loud before because I have never met a police officer that was a coward. Quite the opposite. In this neck of the woods, many times there are only a couple officers on duty during any shift, with any of the agencies. They work alone and depend more on other police agencies within their jurisdiction then they do their fellow officers of the same agency. They wade right in, take control, and enforce the law with a single perpetrator or a large group. I admire their ability to arrive on scene, gain control, and resolve any situation. Most times with zero back up. So, understand my hesitation to post what I felt when it looked like it was something besides what I've grown to know about a police officer.

I don't know what happened. I do know Peterson has to live with this whatever the order. And, I find it a little to convenient that 4 officers from the same agency suffered from freeze up or fear all at once.

As far as Trump saying that, these facts are coming out as we typed this thread. He may have very well been lied to like the governor, Attorney General, etc..... Or, got faulty info initially like they did. I'm sure he had the same feelings of disgust when he saw what we were all showed and, told about Peterson's actions initially. That's human nature. One thing is for sure, something is starting to sour about this whole deal and, before this is over we are all likely going to shaking our head in bewilderment. God Bless men

26-Feb-18

Shuteye's Link
Read the link. There is a ticked off EMT, he wanted to go in but was held up for 45 minutes. How many kids bled out in that time, waiting for help.

26-Feb-18
"Peterson is mentioned as part of a 2016 social services agency investigation into Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old identified by police as the gunman. According to a Florida Department of Children and Families report detailing that investigation, Peterson was approached by investigators and “refused to share any information . . . regarding [an] incident that took place with” the teenager.

Why would this cop refuse to cooperate with social services?"

This gets stranger by the day....... he had some personal "interaction" with this boy some time ago. An interaction he would not give the details of.

27-Feb-18
On Monday night, Fox News’ Laura Ingraham revealed sources told her the Sheriff’s Dept instructed the Broward Deputies NOT to enter the school unless their body cameras were on. WOW.

“Sources are telling us that the deputies who arrived at the scene of the shooting were told not to enter the school unless their body cameras were turned on. Then we found out that the deputies did not have body cameras so they did not enter the building or engage the shooter,” Ingraham said.

Laura Ingraham also said the Police also lost radio communications during the Parkland shooting!

27-Feb-18
That's ridiculous..... If the Deputies that arrived don't wear body cameras in the normal course of their duty...... They aren't supposed to go in because some order came out not to go in without their body cameras on ??

Once again....... What if a Deputy was the first to arrive at a pool where a kid was drowning...... Would he not provide CPR if he doesn't wear a body camera ?? Would he not provide CPR if he heard some order come out not to do anything unless his body camera was on ??

Ridiculous.

27-Feb-18
My initial impression, I think the Sheriff is a joke. Id like to say a lot more about him but ill keep it civil. No way 4 cops stood there and allowed this to happen without an order to do so. Yes they still should have went in even if it meant disregarding a direct order. Have we learned nothing from Benghazi? When all of the facts are revealed I think we will find out they were ordered not to engage. If this is true it still doesn't make it right and the sheriff needs to answer for it.

27-Feb-18

BowSniper's embedded Photo
BowSniper's embedded Photo
Question - do all local sheriffs wear 4 stars on the collar, like General Patton? Is that typical???

27-Feb-18
Little man syndrome. Not physically but mentally. He has really been blowing his horn in proclamation of what a fantastically wonderful job he has done and will not resign under any circumstances. Typical of Democrats.

I floated the thought that there may have been a standdown order which would partially explain the actions of Peterson way before there was information that possibly three other officers were there. Sadly instead of a single cowardly act it seems likely that an large portion of the Sheriffs dept , starting with the Sheriff may have actually caused a large part of the deaths by their inaction and actual hinderance of the emts which could have saved some of the wounded. Vote for a Democrat in any part of government and you are voting for inferior care. They are about party and not people.

God bless, Steve

• Sitka Gear