Ace 06-Mar-18
TGbow 06-Mar-18
Annony Mouse 06-Mar-18
Mike B 06-Mar-18
TGbow 06-Mar-18
BIG BEAR 06-Mar-18
TGbow 06-Mar-18
06-Mar-18
https://www.policeone.com/gun-legislation-law-enforcement/articles/6186552-Police-Gun-Control-Survey-Are-legally-armed-citizens-the-best-solution-to-gun-violence/

Interesting article.

06-Mar-18
One of my family members is a police officer, he is against any more gun control...most are here in my area.

06-Mar-18
Doesn't surprise me at all. Most of the guys I work with are pro gun. As am I........ good guys with guns= good thing.

06-Mar-18
You would think the people that are putting their lives on the line everyday would have the ear of the media.

06-Mar-18
I have had several good encounters with all types of LEO's while carrying... I have never had one problem. I also have several LEO's in my family, and they all support CC and 2A.

Media hype and BS is the issue!

06-Mar-18
You have the ear of the media only if you agree with the media...

06-Mar-18
The guys who strap on a firearm for work every day get it. Those whose job requires kissing ass not so much.

06-Mar-18
Yep

06-Mar-18
Hey Chris...didn't want to start a new thread, this probably pretty tangental.

I was just reading in Forensic Magazine that the city of Detroit instituted an interactive map of city crime.

This Interactive Map Allows You to See Every Single Reported Crime in Detroit

The city of Detroit has launched a new interactive tool to bring transparency and awareness to crime trends. The Crime Viewer, which is in its beta-testing phase, is a new visualization program and the result of combined efforts of the Department of Innovation and Technology and the Detroit Police Department.

The Crime Viewer uses data compiled from Dec. 2016 to present. Crimes are color-coded and a legend includes the number of reported incidents per crime category with a reference guide to describe each crime.

The database is updated as crimes are officially reported.

"By putting information in the hands of residents, we hope to work together to promote a safer community,” the website says of the program.

Read more.

06-Mar-18
Jack, we've got the same type of system for our county. It not only shows what crime was reported (no names), but you can zoom right into your own neighborhood and it'll show the address/issue on every police call. It also has an interactive feature that shows exactly where the registered sex offenders live in any neighborhood.

06-Mar-18
This is a copy of an email from my senator, responding to an email I sent him concerning gun control.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding gun control legislation. I always appreciate hearing from my constituents. First and foremost, I would like to express my heart-felt condolences to the families and friends of the victims of the horrific shootings at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. My thoughts and prayers remain with all of those impacted. It is an unfortunate reality that there are individuals intent on breaking existing laws and committing such heinous acts. Many different proposals have been introduced in Congress that seek to address these problems. As your United States Senator, I will be diligent and thoughtful as each proposal is examined and debated. I believe that any solution must involve combatting the culture of violence in society, enforcing the laws already on the books, and addressing the underlying mental health issues that contribute to such incidents. Additionally, our processes of sharing information among agencies and alerting the proper authorities when signs of violence are apparent should be consistent and current. Lastly, we must also ensure that individuals who commit crimes with firearms are held accountable for their actions, and that they receive swift punishment commensurate with their crimes. As a United States Senator, the safety and security of the American people remains one of my utmost priorities. Please know that I will always pursue ways to keep Americans safe from violence and will continue to carefully study and consider all such proposals. Rest assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind as Congress continues to debate gun control legislation." Sincerely, Richard Shelby

06-Mar-18
I saw that map thing on the news.... I'm not really sure what people could do with that information.... but it's a feel good kind of program..... I would hope people are aware of their surroundings wherever they go.

06-Mar-18
Sounds like it to me too JTV

• Sitka Gear