Sessions grows a pair .. (?)
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Bowbender 07-Mar-18
Sixby 07-Mar-18
Annony Mouse 08-Mar-18
'Ike' (Phone) 09-Mar-18
07-Mar-18
WTF.... against the state of California? The mayor of Oakland broke the law. Arrest her. Period.

Grew a set? Of boobs. Certainly not testicles. He needs to go.

07-Mar-18
No one being pointed out and made an example of by criminal prosecution. Little accountability for breaking federal law (obstruction of justice charges??) I am afraid that Sessions may equal status quo and that the rule of law is continuing to break down in this country. We have how many states openly telling the Fed Gov to go to Hell, by defying drug law and immigration law and absolutely no one being singled out and prosecuted as an example. This led to the civil war and I am believing that if it continues it may lead to another one. A nation cannot exist with open sedition and denial of our national elections. This stuff really does need the hammer put to it and immediately. I call for every states electorial votes to be denied them if they openly defy federal law. I also call for all funding of all things within those states to be withheld until compliance. We will see how long the Dem Liberals remain in office when that happens.

God bless, Steve

08-Mar-18
From the "Hoisted on Your Own Petard" Department...Obama legacy to come back and bite California in its sanctuary ass.

In Suing California, Sessions Relies on an Obama Supreme Court Victory

Attorney General Jeff Sessions sued California this week for not doing enough to find and punish unauthorized immigrants.

Mr. Sessions said he was girding for an epic battle. “California is using every power it has — and some it doesn’t — to frustrate federal law enforcement,” he said in a speech in Sacramento on Wednesday. “So you can be sure I’m going to use every power I have to stop them.”

One of the weapons Mr. Sessions is counting on is a 2012 Supreme Court ruling siding with the Obama administration, which had sued Arizona for violating federal immigration laws. But in that case Mr. Obama’s lawyers accused the state of going too far in trying to find and punish unauthorized immigrants.

“The state may not pursue policies that undermine federal law,” Justice Anthony M. Kennedy wrote for the majority.

So it may turn out that the principle of federal supremacy over immigration established by the Obama administration will help the Trump Justice Department achieve diametrically different goals.

“The tables are turned,” said Peter J. Spiro, a law professor at Temple University.

The California case seems likely to reach the Supreme Court, where it could give rise to a landmark reckoning on the role of states in setting immigration policy. In the process, state and federal officials, along with judges and justices, will face a test of their commitment to consistency...

09-Mar-18
Sessions is weak! Get someone in there that can actually speak with authority and mean it...Frick’n circus!

• Sitka Gear