slade 08-Mar-18
gflight 08-Mar-18
Bowbender 08-Mar-18
BIG BEAR 08-Mar-18
TGbow 08-Mar-18
gflight 09-Mar-18
Annony Mouse 09-Mar-18
07-Mar-18
Florida state House and Senate voted to ban guns from 18-20 Old Americans because 1 nut job in the state. Awaiting the Governor signature.....

07-Mar-18
This will pass with little resistance in Florida....

07-Mar-18
After all, Spring Break starts next week. :-)

07-Mar-18
Just more knee jerk reactions but wont effect violent crimes anyway.

07-Mar-18
Makes me ashamed I was born in Florida.

I said it before, Republicrats aggravate me worse than liberal Dems.

One thing to know who your opposition is but when those that are suppose to be "conservative" turn on you...pathetic

07-Mar-18
JTV, aren't straw purchases illegal? How are you suggesting the citizens are getting these guns they can posess?

07-Mar-18
They all won them at a DU banquet.

07-Mar-18
I remember when Florida raised the legal drinking age from 18 to 21 because the feds threatened to withhold funds otherwise. Florida fought it for awhile and now they are raising the gun buying age because they care?

07-Mar-18
Idiotic legislation. The background check paperwork asks if you are going to be the owner of the firearm. Buying for someone else negates the whole reason for a background check, as pointed out, a straw purchase.

The only way around will be to have language that allows the gift transfer to an immediate family member (son, daughter, grandkid).

This now sets the stage to make it illegal to own even a .22 plinking rifle if under 21.

07-Mar-18
If passed, would the law be held up by the SCOTUS?

07-Mar-18
The above [second] paragraph is no different than most states, nothing to see there.

One of the few things they had that differentiated them from minors is now gone.

07-Mar-18
So the gun ban is only for those who don't have someone to gift or loan them a gun? It is even worse that the ban is apparently only for some 18-20 year olds and not others. That is definitely discrimination. Selective gun ban and age discrimination all encouraged by our President to further restrict plebian rights. Good stepping stones for the Democratic sweep in November......

07-Mar-18
Glad my little gun ban supporting troll is running off. As long as it's not his guns I guess...

07-Mar-18
I care about a ban not a straw sale and 2a is not about hunting. Go away.....

08-Mar-18
JTV,

"-- Requires a three-day waiting period to buy a firearm. -- Raises the age to buy a gun from 18 to 21."

In all honesty, is that a start or a solution? Hint. One gun law is typically followed by another. I'm not sure how a strong 2A supporter can argue in favor of this? And by justifying it (in any fashion), you ARE arguing in its defense. Like I've said before, keep backing up, no matter how small the step, that bump you feel on your ass. That's a wall you (we've) backed into.

#notonestepback

08-Mar-18
This is really enough....

Some people will capitulate their rights because their guy is in charge. Some people will just disagree with someone who has offended them in the past even if it makes them look like a gun grabber.

These people like the shooter are actually reaching out for help, Cruz slashed his arms up and made threats and the mental health folks did nothing. People like Atheist and others who chase people around baiting them are calling out for help too.

The longer we blow them off and belittle them the more likely they are to snap. So from this point forward I will be supportive and only post....

#seekhelp

after all their trolling comments, hopefully this support will lead them to get help.....

08-Mar-18
Not sure I've heard of anyone buying a gun at 10 a.m. and then doing the very thing causing this knee jerk at 11 a.m. on the same day.

3 days will make no difference. The system failed, and everyone else is punished.

08-Mar-18
Nothing like a good tragedy to get people to give up other peoples rights.....

08-Mar-18
JTV,

He is not being disingenuous he is G-lying.

08-Mar-18
#seekhelp

08-Mar-18
JTV

" the Age limit and the waiting period accomplishes nothing.....it is just a feel good bill ..."

Exactly. And when it fails to stop the next attack, there will be a push for more "sensible" measures. THAT is why it should be opposed. You say you're not in favor, but in previous posts you're basically defending it. We cannot afford to do that.

Not. One. Step. Back.

08-Mar-18
This. Will. Pass. Not defending it but I'm a realist.

08-Mar-18
Yea..that's why I don't describe myself as a conservative any longer..apparently the meaning has changed.

09-Mar-18
Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Friday publicly broke with his longtime allies at the National Rifle Association to sign new gun ban into law.

09-Mar-18
Your betters (at all levels of government and "society" (Hollywood, media, and other sources of lung generated hot air) know that a disarmed society is a safe society...and until that time, they get body armor and protection. You little people are left to your own devices...which are going to be taken one way or the other.

Congressional ‘Office Expense’… Bulletproof Vests

Via Washington Times:

Capitol Hill culture changes, and quietly. House lawmakers can now use taxpayer funds to buy bulletproof vests or reinforce their own personal security under a resolution approved this week by the House Administration Committee. It’s all spelled out under “office expenses” in the “Members’ Congressional Handbook,” one of nine official publications on Capitol Hill that specify what’s what in that rarefied workplace.

The particulars are listed right there among guidelines for appliances, furniture, flags, parking and stationary. Lawmakers only need to consult the “security” section.

“Payment for security personnel is an ordinary and necessary reimbursable expense when such personnel is hired to provide security at official, Member-hosted district events (e.g., town halls); To accompany Members during the performance of their official duties; or to be stationed inside or outside the district office during business hours,” say the guidelines.

Modifying an office with such security enhancements as bulletproof glass is considered a “capital improvement” and not reimbursable, however. Bulletproof vests are a go, as is practical safety training.

“If an item exceeds $500, it must be added to the office inventory. The purchase of a bulletproof vest for the Member is a reimbursable expense. Security training for members and staff is a reimbursable expense,” the handbook advises.

Any wonder why there is a need for Congressional personal protection devices?

• Sitka Gear