Atheist 08-Mar-18
Bentstick81 08-Mar-18
Atheist 08-Mar-18
Bentstick81 08-Mar-18
Michael 08-Mar-18
Bentstick81 08-Mar-18
bigeasygator 08-Mar-18
08-Mar-18
I would much rather pay more, and produce our own than rely on foreign countries to support our needs.

08-Mar-18
I've definitely seen the China Steel = sub standard info floating around several Main Stream Media outlets and the interwebs. The "enemy" issue makes sense. I've seen that some place as well, as one of the rationale's for the tariffs.

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

08-Mar-18
I don't trust their food...even for my dog....why should we trust their steel?

08-Mar-18
Yes Sir,

Dealt with some it of it as a Structural Steel Inspector. High Strength Bolts as well.

08-Mar-18
Chinese steel sucks

08-Mar-18
Don’t need to “hear about it” to know it’s just pure common sense. Being self reliant has plenty of advantages.

08-Mar-18
My brother is a engineer for a major heavy truck component manufacturer . They use to have their differntial housings cast in India, China, and other countries. They have brought that manufacturing process back to the USA, because the foreign countries could not meet their standards.

08-Mar-18
We have had a lot of problems in the oilfield with the casing pipe in the wells produced in china. Wouldn't hold up during the Frac.

08-Mar-18
Like just about anything else, China is known for producing low quality goods -- including steel products that. We've banned the use of certain components from China in our operations. I think calling it a national security threat, however, is overblowing the issue by a bit.

08-Mar-18
We get somewhere between 2-4% of our steel products directly from China. I'm not too worried about them shutting off their supply to us.

08-Mar-18
Company I used to work for started importing our water pump castings from China back in the early 2000's. We would throw half of them in the trash because they wouldn't pass a pressure test. In fact, we kept a semi roll off trailer out back to throw them in. What is sad is that we could do that and it was still cheaper than casting our own.

08-Mar-18
Hunting5555, that is the problem we had with the casing, couldn,t take the pressure we were pumping.

08-Mar-18
Trump on his new tariffs.

Trump: "We will not place any new tax [tariff] on product made in the US, so there's no tax if a product is made in the USA. You don't want to pay tax, bring your plant to the USA. There's no tax." (Who imports steel without producing things domestically? Is everyone exempt?).

So by his warped explanation. BMW made in Germany gets taxed. A BMW made in Greenville SC doesnt get taxed. Seems logical to me.

He is literally the dumbest human to ever occupy the WH.

08-Mar-18
What's this, another DUMBA$$ reply from the CF's biggest LIAR, atheist??? atheist, You are literally the DUMBEST human to ever type on the Community Forum. 8^))

08-Mar-18
For the record. Trump was supposed to ask China for a $100 billion trade swing. Alas, our Great Negotiator got mixed up and asked for only $1 billion.

Dumbest president EVER. But keep supporting. It’s not like you’ll look foolish or anything. And I’ll keep pouring on the criticisms. The very VALID criticisms.

08-Mar-18
Trump upsetting atheist. Proof Trump is doing a good job. Thanks for the proof moron. 8^)))

08-Mar-18
I have never seen it officially written anywhere. But it’s been an unwritten rule to not use Chinese made rigging hardware.

It still amazes me we end up with Chinese shackles mixed in every once in awhile.

At one point we had over 10,000’ of 48” schedule 40 pipe in our pipe yard. Half of it was Chinese made and half was from Romania. Somehow we never got heat numbers for the Romanian pipe at all. It took over a year to get the heat numbers of the Chinese pipe.

08-Mar-18
atheist. I hope you keep pouring on the criticism's. When you do, It just proves just how stupid you really are, and i will be here, exposing your STUPIDITY. 8^)))

08-Mar-18
Rigging hardware was exactly what I was referring to, Michael. We had a shackle fail during one of our lifts and they were Chinese made. Since then they’ve been banned.

JTV, I don’t know that I’d quote a forklift driver as an expert on tariffs.

• Sitka Gear